PDA

View Full Version : Do You Experience Berserker Rage?

ubbe
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I have a particularly nasty temper that seems to run in my Dads side of the family. When I get mad, I have zero disregard for my safety and a very high tolerance to pain. I've been in my share of fistfights in my life, and have laughed off punches to my head. In fact one time after having been dumped by my gf, I started a fight with 3 guys that turned into me fighting 6 guys to a standstill. I can honestly say I hurt these guys as much as they hurt me. By the time the fight was broken up, some of these guys were saying things like "this guy is insane" and such.

My point is this, when I read about the old germanic berserkers, it sounds alot like my temper. Heck I can often work myself into this frenzy by listening to music, just like the berserkers of old chanted and danced to work up theirs. I was wondering if the old berserker rage of old may be just a very nasty genetically passed temper?

Like I said, this seems to run in my Dads side of the family. My cousin had it and ended up spending 12 years in prison for killing a man. My grandfather was known for an infamous temper, same with his father.
Im a taller then average man who has always been fairly athletic, and all the men in my family are somewhat big athletic guys. We've had alot of college and 1 professional football players in our family (American), and my Dad was in the airforce honor guard. Also our surname is a low level fuedal rank and I have records of us using it back into the 1600s. Also I would classify the men in my family as all having some cromag features.

nätdeutsch
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
its possible, though, i doubt it. people also need to realize the environment you are raised in plays a role in your personality.
and berserkers induced their rage, it wasnt natural
they worked themselves up into what was basically an altered state.

and it worked

goldgrube
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM
You are certainly not nordid

Theudiskaz
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well, I think it's fair to say that Cromagnids (especially Faelids and Bruenns) tend to be not only more physically powerful, but more psychologically belligerent than their slighter Nordid and Mediterranid relatives. I myself am a well-built borderline Skandonordid/Anglo-Saxon and for the most part I am a very easy-going, peaceful, really...boring person. But when physically confronted or angered beyond a certain point, I become "wuetend" and am capable of preternatural feats of strength. When I was about 10 years old, my grandfather had been teasing me (My Dad's side of the family has an almost pathological tendency toward pestering each other, esp the younger relatives). I became so angry that I grabbed one of his arms, ducked under him, and flipped him over my back. I estimate that he weighed roughly 180 lbs. To this day he still tells people that story. I have done similar things, when sparring with my friends. It usually involves throwing or lifting someone and body-slamming them.:D I also have very "heavy hands".

Enough of my bragging.;)

Istigkeit
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Look into something called Narcissistic (sp?) Rage,. or anything like that. I think that's the medically accepted term for that kind of altered state during anger.

goldgrube
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM
"If you don't have a cold heart in your youth, you will never have a cold heart." -- F. Nietzsche

nätdeutsch
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
its nice to have an ethnicity that excuses bursts of extreme rage, isnt it?
:D

but honestly, it could have something to do with it, but i doubt it.

Skildur
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 08:31 PM
I believe berserkers were using some kind of "drugs" or psychoactives if you can call that so, to boost their temper and become invulnerable for some period of time. It was not just because of some dancing or chants.
In my opinion nasty, explosive temper is more associated with southerns, while "Nordic temper" is refered to calm, composed people.

Sciz
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Look into something called Narcissistic (sp?) Rage,. or anything like that. I think that's the medically accepted term for that kind of altered state during anger.
Well, it doesn't sound like Narcissistic Personality Disorder to me as, according to the DSM, at least five of these factors needs to be present:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by other special or high-status people (or institutions, eg: Harvard and other Ivy League institutions)
Requires excessive admiration
Has a strong sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
Has arrogant affect, haughty behaviors or attitudes
and berserkers induced their rage, it wasnt natural they worked themselves up into what was basically an altered state.
Agreed. It would have been an altered state, though I would suggest that rage, whether berserker or otherwise, is an altered state in and of itself.

I was wondering if the old berserker rage of old may be just a very nasty genetically passed temper?
Well, I generally fall somewhere in the middle for this. All the men in my paternal line, myself included, have had the misfortune of having incredible anger issues; at least for the last four generations. We're all Keltic-Nordid, so I don't think it has anything to do with sub-race. My father spent the night in a jail for throwing a man twice his size through a storefront window. I, personally, can work myself into a rage just by thinking about something irritating. All this leads me to believe that there is some amount of genetics at play.

My theory is that people have certain genetic tendancies toward anger issues something akin to alcoholism. The predisposition is there, but may never surface and the person may never be aware of it. If, however, conditions in the environmet are right, especially during childhood, the person is at a greater risk.

May run a little deep in my family as I come from Clan Chisholm and our mottoes are:
Feros Ferio: I am fierce with the fierce
and
Vi aut Virtute: By virtue or force

Sciz
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 10:28 PM
its nice to have an ethnicity that excuses bursts of extreme rage, isnt it?
:D
I don't think it excuses it, just acknowledges that it exists.
Thankfully, Iron Will gives me a +2 to my will saves. Otherwise, I'd frenzy every time I took damage. I don't have to tell you what that can do to a family outing. :D

The Black Prince
Saturday, August 5th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I wonder what this thread is doing in the Anthro. classification subforum?

I have a particularly nasty temper that seems to run in my Dads side of the family. When I get mad, I have zero disregard for my safety and a very high tolerance to pain. I've been in my share of fistfights in my life, and have laughed off punches to my head. In fact one time after having been dumped by my gf, I started a fight with 3 guys that turned into me fighting 6 guys to a standstill. I can honestly say I hurt these guys as much as they hurt me. By the time the fight was broken up, some of these guys were saying things like "this guy is insane" and such.

Nothing mentally ill about you, just a case of frustration, anger etc. and high painlimits (alcohol + anger ?) + a trigger element (provocation..), on the same time...

The so-called Berserker-gang, the Celtic Furor or the fanatic way of early moedjahedyn (was noted down by British officers during the 19th century) is similar in composition, Thay had sometimes drugging involved (alcohol, hasji, paddo's, etc..)

The reason why I said "so-called" concerning the Berserkers is because they where only upheaveled by Christian monks. Most normal people were either afraid off such mentally instable men, or considered then as lower insane beings.. The Ulfhednagr (if I write it correctly) where the better trained Norse warriors, they also knew how to go in "Gang" but were much more reliable and loyal, they where much used as Huscarls by Norse Jarls, where as Berserkers where (especially later in the dark ages) despiced by Norse nobles.

nätdeutsch
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I don't think it excuses it, just acknowledges that it exists.

i was joking....
oh well

Sciz
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Well, yes, and I caught onto that when you said:

but honestly, it could have something to do with it, but i doubt it.
I only commented in case there were some who would seriously stake that claim. And to make a bad D&D joke.

Glynd Eastŵd
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 01:26 AM
In my opinion nasty, explosive temper is more associated with southerns, while "Nordic temper" is refered to calm, composed people.
Definitely true. I was in Greece a few weeks ago, became separated from my friends whilst on a night out, and (supposedly) knocked over this guy's scooter, staggering back to the hotel drunk. Anyway--there was hardly any damage at all other than a cracked light, but the guy went absolutely AWOL! Threatened that if I didn't give him 30 Euros on the spot he would call the police. Within a few minutes he had called over a handful of his friends and they were all pestering me for money. Eventually I was forced into handing him all that was in my wallet (10 Euros, even though repairs would probably only cost a fraction of that). To top it all off I went to shake his hand and he punched me right in the jaw. Hahah. I was told afterwards by some Dutch guys that if a fight kicked off they would have had my back. ;)

And I can't imagine a similar situation happening in Northern Europe. If you knocked over someone's scooter here by accident all that would happen is that they'd shrug and say something like "Don't worry about it, accidents happen". I was genuinely disturbed by how quick some Greeks lost their temper...

germanic
Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM

My point is this, when I read about the old germanic berserkers, it sounds alot like my temper. Heck I can often work myself into this frenzy by listening to music, just like the berserkers of old chanted and danced to work up theirs. I was wondering if the old berserker rage of old may be just a very nasty genetically passed temper?

Like I said, this seems to run in my Dads side of the family. My cousin had it and ended up spending 12 years in prison for killing a man. My grandfather was known for an infamous temper, same with his father.
Im a taller then average man who has always been fairly athletic, and all the men in my family are somewhat big athletic guys. We've had alot of college and 1 professional football players in our family (American), and my Dad was in the airforce honor guard. Also our surname is a low level fuedal rank and I have records of us using it back into the 1600s. Also I would classify the men in my family as all having some cromag features.

You are not alone, I can relate to you 100%. Once my car window was smashed by some Pakistani boys on a car park and i caught them red handed, I was by myself and there was around of them, I dropped one to the floor with one blow to the temple and he was out, before he hit the floor one of his friends was also falling from another blow to the face. Within seconds a taxi turned up with another 3 pakistani lads who jumped out of the car to help their kinsmen, and i kid kid you not, my only memory after that is frothing at the mouth with rage, going red in the face and feeling like an animal, then all the lads where face down on the floor within half a minute. I couldnt calm myself down and put my fist through a shop window, at this point the cops were trying to arrest me and I was charged with battery of 2 police officers, they only managed to arrest me after the use of CS gas and driving the cop car at me and attacking me with truncheons, this al sounds abit movie like and if it wasnt me I probably wouldnt believe me either, but its the truth. All my fathers side including, dad, cousins, uncles etc have been in and out of prison in there younger days due to fighting and working themselves up into a Berserker type rage.

It is definatly genetic and it 100% comes from one of our ancestos wherever it be the vikings, celts or anglo-saxons.

Stay calma and get even my friend. Fight the race war together:thumbup

Pervitinist
Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
It is definatly genetic and it 100% comes from one of our ancestos wherever it be the vikings, celts or anglo-saxons.
Stay calma and get even my friend. Fight the race war together:thumbup

Thanks for this incredible report that makes me physically feel your rage against those insects. You're a true germanic fighting machine. :thumbup

Like Heraclitus said: One is ten thousand to me, if he is the best!

Enlil
Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Isn't it very likely that testosterone levels related to rage runs in the family..?

bodychoke
Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I believe berserkers were using some kind of "drugs" or psychoactives if you can call that so, to boost their temper and become invulnerable for some period of time. It was not just because of some dancing or chants.

As far as I know, there are no definite historical evidence of exactly what was the deal with the berserkers, although drugs and/or self induction seem to be the most popular theories.

Pervitinist
Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 11:45 PM
As far as I know, there are no definite historical evidence of exactly what was the deal with the berserkers, although drugs and/or self induction seem to be the most popular theories.

I heard that they used a brew including - among other things - extracts of fly agaric mushroom (amanita muscaria) which is often said to be poisonous but in reality seems to have a similar effect in high doses as the famous "magic mushrooms" (psilocybe cubensis etc.), i.e. also very similar to LSD. In low doses fly agaric is said to raise aggression levels, create euphoria, make immune to pain and have some aphrodisiac effect as well. So the theory is not absurd at all. Look here for further enlightenment: http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml.

Btw some people even theorized that a brew made of fly agaric mushrooms is also behind what the indian vedas call "soma", the sacred drink of the gods;
cf.:http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=14032

SineNomine
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Agreed. Having lived amongst them for a while, I can verify this - another part of their makeup that I cannot relate with. Cold-heartedness ftw. ^^

Still, what of the Vikings. I doubt anyone would question the fact that they had explosive tempers. Or the Scots even. :|

http://www.exile.ru/151/1510101113.html

Not to take this too seriously, but it's quite funny:

Scandinavia

From the Vikings to Abba in a mere millenium-what a Waterloo it's been for these Dancing Queens! Looking back at Scandinavia's slip in the ratings could make you feel as rotten as a Swede on Christmas morning!

The sad fate of Scandinavia should be a lesson to us all in how dull and stagnant life gets when Europeans try to bottle up their genetic heritage of sheer, crazy, eternal ethnic hatred. It's not that the Skannies have lost their taste for inter-ethnic bigotry. Hell, no! Pour a beer down a Dane, say "Swede" or "Norwegian" and sit back for a spittle-punctuated rant that won't stop till the tap runs dry!

But a long course of rancid Lutheranism has made the Norse so shy of letting their wilder village hatreds run free. Only the recent entry of the three lost Baltic tribes has livened things up. And what a find the plucky Baltics were! Any European neighborhood would kill (and kill and kill) for new ethnic targets like the subhuman Latts or downright weird Lithuanians, the Unicorns of European ethnic groups.

Let's hope the new players loosen up the once-wild Baltic Conference. C'mon, Blondykes, let's see that old form back! Just hack, Baby! Just hack-n-slash...and let the Finns fall where they may! And now, to get you deepfreeze cases defrosted, is a map of the repressed hatreds you know you want to indulge!

British Isles

A typically lazy, drunken Irish poet said it best: "Much hatred, little room." Land is scarce but bigotry is thick as congealed porridge in the "luvverly" British Isles -- a little corner of the world that taught us all that fear, terror and genocide can be the building-blocks of a great Empire. The four tribes of this tiny archipelago have managed to colonize the whole world without departing even once from their assigned roles in an ancient abusive-family drama. England does her star turn as the quietly sadistic mum, with Scotland as the overachieving, half-mad "good son" with an unhealthy crush on mum. Ireland can be counted on to steal a few scenes as the comic-relief whipping boy, and Wales is...let's see...Wales is, er, the slut of a daughter who wandered off to...where did she go, anyway?

The best bits are on the Balkans of course. ^^

PS: Hmm, shouldn't this be in another subforum? It doesn't have much to do with classification of a person.

Dropkick
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Isn't it very likely that testosterone levels related to rage runs in the family..?
Yes! Me, my father and his father could switch moods in a split second depending on the situation. You know, the eye bulging look!

Oswiu
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 01:21 AM
PS: Hmm, shouldn't this be in another subforum? It doesn't have much to do with classification of a person.
Quite right!
How's this?

By the way, you should see the redhead women in my family when they get mad! Bricks through car windscreens, highheels through teeth, ordinary household objects becoming instant instruments of pain, gnashing teeth, wild eyes... Real Berserkers! :-O

goldgrube
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Yes! Me, my father and his father could switch moods in a split second depending on the situation. You know, the eye bulging look!

Thats very unnordid

SineNomine
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Quite right!
How's this?

By the way, you should see the redhead women in my family when they get mad! Bricks through car windscreens, highheels through teeth, ordinary household objects becoming instant instruments of pain, gnashing teeth, wild eyes... Real Berserkers! :-O
Crazy nord English. ^^ Maybe they have a bit of Boudica running through their vains (disregard the fact that she wasn't from the north region)? :D

nicholas
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Thats very unnordid

Animals longing to be nordid. How quaint.

bodychoke
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 01:37 AM
I heard that they used a brew including - among other things - extracts of fly agaric mushroom (amanita muscaria) which is often said to be poisonous but in reality seems to have a similar effect in high doses as the famous "magic mushrooms" (psilocybe cubensis etc.), i.e. also very similar to LSD. In low doses fly agaric is said to raise aggression levels, create euphoria, make immune to pain and have some aphrodisiac effect as well. So the theory is not absurd at all. Look here for further enlightenment: http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml.

The problem here is that there are no contemporary sources, not a single one, that mention the use of mushrooms/fly agaric among the berserkers/ulvhednar.

Also, the effects of fly agaric and psilocybin/psilocin mushrooms are also not that similar except that you get "wasted". Both can indeed cause hallucinations, but whereas "magic mushrooms" are a hallucinogen, fly agaric on the other hand is a disassociative/deleriant - something that for the initiated makes a tremendous difference. The person on a true hallucinogenic like "magic mushrooms" or LSD often has the capability to be able to "snap out of it" or realize/convince himself that he is on a drug, whereas under the influence of a disassociative or deleriant it is much, much harder (or even impossible) to make that distinction. To the person on a disassociative, what he experiences is real, plain and simple.

HOWEVER, the fact that fly agaric is a disassociative rather than a hallucinogenic makes it, in my eyes, a more likely candidate than psilocybin/psilocin mushrooms, given the tales of berserkers killing thier own comrades etc etc.

But then again, the lack of any contemporary mention of the use of drugs among the berserkers still speaks against this.

Although I think using wikipedia as a credible source should always be avoided, I still feel the need to also post this tidbit:

A UK television programme in 2004 tested the possible use of fly agaric and alcohol by training a healthy volunteer in the use of Viking weapons, then evaluating his performance under the influence of fly agaric or alcohol compared to no influence. It was shown that use of fly agaric or alcohol severely reduced his fighting ability, and the tentative conclusion drawn was that berserk state was achieved psychologically; otherwise, berserkers would have been too easy to kill. Of course, this does not take into account the mindset that the berserker likely would have attempted to place himself in.

As far as I am able to tell, the fly agaric theory is, by serious researchers, regarded as untrue or at the very best unsubstantiated these days.

For those who can read swedish, there is a quite thorough essay here (http://www.carlssonbokforlag.se/humaniora/dox/Korrigeringar%20Flugsv.pdf) which deals with the fly agaric myth.

My personal theory on the berserkers is that there was no unifying method, and that those who could enter something like a berserker rage, no matter through which means, would be considered berserkers. Some may have been suffering from psychosis, some through self-induction/self-hypnosis, some through other means, including drugs. Professor Jesse L. Byock, for example, claims that Egil Skallagrimsson, a berserker described in Egil's Saga as being "very ugly" and having a large head, may have suffered from Paget's disease where uncontrolled crainial growth causes painful pressure on the brain.

All in all though, as you said, the fly agaric theory is certainly not absurd, but it has very little, if anything, to actually back it up.

Btw some people even theorized that a brew made of fly agaric mushrooms is also behind what the indian vedas call "soma", the sacred drink of the gods;

As for the sake of the mysterious soma, more or less every psychoactive plant has been up for a review as a candidate there. What speaks mostly against fly agaric as the plant soma was made of, is that the effects, and deinitely the physical properties of the plant, are thoroughly disparate from the descriptions found in the Rigveda.

Oswiu
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Crazy nord English. ^^ Maybe they have a bit of Boudica running through their vains (disregard the fact that she wasn't from the north region)? :D
Hehe!
Maybe the Angles pushed some Iceni genes up here when they invaded. :)
Never mind Boudicca, though, look up our very own Cartimandua! :-O :thumbup

Fenris-SF
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 02:12 AM

This is so cool! I might buy some. :D

Consuming the mushrooms in doses of over 1 gram can cause nausea but also can cause a number of other effects, depending on dosage, ranging from twitching to drowsiness, cholinergic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choline) effects (lower blood pressure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_pressure), increase sweat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat) and saliva (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saliva)), visual distortions, mood changes, euphoria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria), relaxation, and hallucinations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucination). In near fatal doses it causes swollen features, high rage and madness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insanity), characterised by bouts of mania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mania), followed by periods of quiet hallucination. Effects appear after 60 minutes or so, peak within three hours, but certain effects can last for up to ten hours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Buy here: http://www.ethnogarden.com/cart/index.pl/catid_78/proid_264

oneeyeisbetter
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM
When I get really pissed I knock out several guys within a couple minutes. Not even women with booze will calm me down unfortunately. I have gone to jail for grievous bodily harm to a peace officer aka cop. People have commented to me that I pick enemys up and throw them across the room like they were children. I to foam at the mouth and my eyes roll back in my head. I believe that us germanics are descendents of the asagods and are capable of intense combat and berzerker like rage. We are after all children of Wotan (Odin) the furious father of the gods. It's no mystery to me.. as for the norse; its probably another norseman up north that would cause an accident and cultural and racial bonds are what cause such forgiveness among such an intelligent race. Greeks for the most part are half semetic mongrels and only some are even central european. Stay in northern and western europe my welsh friend.

SineNomine
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Greeks for the most part are half semetic mongrels and only some are even central european.
If you're going to make such outlandish statements, the least you could do is provide evidence. Because the demeanour you just described is what I'd consider most un-Nordic by current standards, and definitely not befitting of the germanic Herrenvolk. Just like Nicholas said "Animals longing to be nordid. How quaint."

nätdeutsch
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 07:44 PM
. Greeks for the most part are half semetic mongrels

First of all, this isnt true, and Second of all, the Greeks are arguably the most philosophically developed people in the ancient world.

plus, baklava is really good

Theudiskaz
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 08:03 PM
First of all, this isnt true, and Second of all, the Greeks are arguably the most philosophically developed people in the ancient world.
I think that's a bit of an understatement. Ancient Greek society formed the very pillars of Western Civilization. Modern civilization is basically a Germanicized Greco-Roman synthesis.

Wilfried
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
offtopic

Greeks are arguably the most philosophically developed people in the ancient world.

Remember the germanic settlements in the east-mediterrean sea. 1200AD the Dorians (supposably a mixture of Dänen, Friesen and Sachsen probably influenced by east-mediterrean-inhabitants because they settled there before) settled in Greece which was almost totally destroyed by an immense natural desaster. 99% of the original inhabitants where killed and, well, the Dorians triggered the cultural peak because they civilised the country. Therefore it can be said the cause for the philosophical achievements are of germanic origin. At least thats what Spanuth says is provable.

Dropkick
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Thats very unnordid
I know. It's fairly common in Ireland. I wouldn't call it uncontrollable rage though.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Remember the germanic settlements in the east-mediterrean sea. 1200AD the Dorians (supposably a mixture of Dänen, Friesen and Sachsen probably influenced by east-mediterrean-inhabitants because they settled there before) settled in Greece which was almost totally destroyed by an immense natural desaster. 99% of the original inhabitants where killed and, well, the Dorians triggered the cultural peak because they civilised the country. Therefore it can be said the cause for the philosophical achievements are of germanic origin. At least thats what Spanuth says is provable.Adynaton! That's absurd. No Danes, Frisians, and Saxons were settling in Greece ca. 1200 AD. Dorians invaded Greece sometime between 2,000 to 800 BC. (I know. It's a long time span. I'll have to find a more precise date.) The Spartans descended from them. I have read that the Dorians were taller and more robust than many of their contemporaries which probably suggests a Pontid or Nordiform race. This along with their Prussian-like militarism, discipline etc. has been used in the past to claim a Germanic origin for them.

Jorich
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Well i have also such experience.
As i was in the 7th grade i had my first boxing.
I helped a friend,but what I did then after I can't remember.Well I smashed him so oft in his face,that he had a bloody eye and stuff.But I'cant remember the fight...I just know that I unhonestly attacked a friend of mine cuz I didn't recognize anyone.
Well can't explain it to me how I got in this rage.After that I had scare of myself.

Sorry for my english! I'm a bit drunken :D

nätdeutsch
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 03:42 AM
hey guys, ive got news:

Everyone is angry!

rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr
rarrrrrrrrrrrrr

oneeyeisbetter
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Many modern "greeks" have a big "dinaric" nose and are brown skinned. I dont think I am out of line I'm just speaking of what I've seen. There are however greeks that dont look this way. Greeks are an important part of germanic culture since many runestones in sweden pay homage to swedish vikings that died in greece.

nätdeutsch
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Many modern "greeks" have a big "dinaric" nose and are brown skinned. I dont think I am out of line I'm just speaking of what I've seen. There are however greeks that dont look this way. Greeks are an important part of germanic culture since many runestones in sweden pay homage to swedish vikings that died in greece.

greeks also have a strong mediterranid element which could account for the nasal prominence; there is also an alpinid element in Greece, and a small Nordid majority.

SineNomine
Sunday, October 1st, 2006, 08:18 AM
Dinarids are a Europid subrace, making this irrelevant, and if by "brown skin" you mean tanned (which includes Southern Europe), you are sorely mistaken. Most of them are Meds or have Med admixtures to begin with - add sunlight, and their skin darkens somewhat - Spaniards and Italians (where Dinarids are also prevalent) can have even darker (yet still white) skin. Only their natural skin tone is relevant. As Natdeutsch said, Alpinid admixtures are not too uncommon in Greece, and neither is the Pontid (a light skinned, taller Med) - as well as a Nordid minority-, which would in fact suggest the very opposite of what you say. What you have seen and what is correct anthropolically/historically speaking are two different things, the latter being the only valuable estimate.

I am not truly concerned with Greek culture, other than its philosophy and mythology, however if you think that Swedish runestones are all it has to do with Germanic culture, think again. Nietzsche was one of many German philosophers who drew some of his ideas from ancient Greek philosophers (read the Birth of Tragedy, one of his works). In general, all countries influenced by the Enlightenment were influenced by ancient Greece. Even the Fuehrer celebrated Greece's culture - he crushed the country however when it refused to submit to his rule.

PS: Check out this thread (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=67612&highlight=Which+is+more+European) - it is quite relevant, especially the original post and Agrippa's comments.

Wilfried
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 12:21 AM
Adynaton! That's absurd. No Danes, Frisians, and Saxons were settling in Greece ca. 1200 AD. Dorians invaded Greece sometime between 2,000 to 800 BC. (I know. It's a long time span. I'll have to find a more precise date.) The Spartans descended from them. I have read that the Dorians were taller and more robust than many of their contemporaries which probably suggests a Pontid or Nordiform race. This along with their Prussian-like militarism, discipline etc. has been used in the past to claim a Germanic origin for them.

Ah! Excuse me! Of course its around 1200 BC!

PS:
When you are interested in this topic: there is a very good book about it - but i am afraid there may be no English version. When you search for it, the title should be "The return of the Heraklids - the North as the origin of the Greek culture" by Spanuth ("Die Rückkehr der Herakliden - Der Norden als Ursprung der griechischen Kultur" - http://www.weltnetzladen.com/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.weltnetzladen.com/1caf36945a11db31b/1caf36946c0bed386/1caf36947613ded05/4c1f8d95dd14d0b1e.html). I´m just reading it and i have to say it offers astounding information! It really brings me forward.

Dropkick
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
If I was living in ancient times and going into battle, I'd prefer to be going into battle with Berserkers rather than people who were afraid!:)

SineNomine
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:04 AM
And I would prefer going into battle with cold, rational warriors who don't lose their composure - essentially a Samurai or Knight as opposed to a flailing lunatic. Mental discipline is what makes a true warrior.

Oswiu
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:19 AM
But mental discipline allied to flailing lunacy... ah, GLORIOUS!

nätdeutsch
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:22 AM
but i think all of us have to admit, a man painted with blue all over his naked body screaming bloody-murder is probably cooler and more fun to watch than a level headed samurai....

:)

SineNomine
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:22 AM
But mental discipline allied to flailing lunacy... ah, GLORIOUS!
Mental discipline requires a lucid mind, only attainable in sanity or extreme insanity (such as you would attribute to a cold-blooded psychopath). The only time lunacy and mental acuity would meet is when the individual possessing the former is commanded by an individual possessing the latter to throw themselves into battle, perhaps on the path to suicide. :)

but i think all of us have to admitt, a man painted with blue all over his naked body screaming bloody-murder is probably cooler and more fun to watch than a level headed samurai....

:)
Not for me - cold, calculated rationality is what impresses me most.

Oswiu
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:36 AM
Mental discipline requires a lucid mind, only attainable in sanity or extreme insanity (such as you would attribute to a cold-blooded psychopath). The only time lunacy and mental acuity would meet is when the individual possessing the former is commanded by an individual possessing the latter to throw themselves into battle, perhaps on the path to suicide. :)
That's the sort of arrangement that wins Padanias! :D

Not for me - cold, calculated rationality is what impresses me most.
Ekh, poor devil - too much Hellene and not enough Romios in your Afrikaans! ;)

SineNomine
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 01:52 AM
That's the sort of arrangement that wins Padanias! :D

Ekh, poor devil - too much Hellene and not enough Romaos in your Afrikaans! ;)
If it is Hellene, must be of the ancient variant - I cannot relate in any sense with modern Greeks (essentially the "Romios" you mentioned). :) Truly though, I consider rationality and a cool head to be a Germanic trait more than anything else (yes, and ancient Greek), something many of my Afrikaaner brethren would do well to learn (they have a reputation for their volatile tempers). ^^

Pervitinist
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
If you want to know why cool-headed Samurais can be at least as much fun to watch you have to see one of my favorite movies: "Yojimbo" (The Bodyguard) by Akira Kurosawa from 1961. http://www.time.com/time/2005/100movies/0,23220,yojimbo,00.html

It's about a lone Samurai (ronin) who is not only a Jedi-like battle machine with definite berserker qualities, but also witty enough to have the bad guys massacre each other most of the time sparing him a lot of work and giving him the time to consume large quantities of alcohol.

In the end he watches his remaining enemies slice each other into pieces while he is having a good cup of sake.

Perhaps this is what white nationalists should do concerning muslims and jews :)