PDA

View Full Version : Skadi Forum Moved

Thorburn
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Forum (temporarily) moved onto another server.

Please report your experiences concerning speed, reactivity, and availability.

Sorry for the downtime.

- Thorburn

Loki
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Seems as fast as lightning, Njord! ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 06:12 PM
For me, too, Loki...

Gladstone
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 06:43 PM
All very fine!

Ewergrin
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 07:02 PM
It appears to be running at an average speed for me. Not too slow, nor too fast. Still, more reliable than lately, it seems, for both my email AND the site are working simultaneously, which is unusual. :P

Siegfried
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 07:15 PM
The speed is average, but various images appear unavailable; I merely get a square with a red cross in the upper left corner. The logo of Skadi, which usually appears in the top of the page, has been replaced by such a square, as are various buttons (home,faq,calendar, etc). It looks like crap (no offence).

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Speed is good for me (actually its quite fast), all the images are showing. I'm a happy Skadi camper :D

Ewergrin
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 07:41 PM
The speed is average, but various images appear unavailable; I merely get a square with a red cross in the upper left corner. The logo of Skadi, which usually appears in the top of the page, has been replaced by such a square, as are various buttons (home,faq,calendar, etc). It looks like crap (no offence).

I do believe that the above statement concerning the "red crosses" is true for most of us.

Vanessa, you are the first person I have heard from who is experiancing the forum in its normal state.

nemo
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 07:50 PM
It is working faster now! but I have two questions for you? in the last few weeks I no longer get E-mail notifications if someone posts on a thread I'm on.

Also about 3-5 times a month when I hit the skadi link in my favorites, a warning comes up and says that I have to accept a certificate to go further, and my browser warns me that it is not registered to your web site, and then it warns me if I precede, somebody might be spying on me.

Whats up?

Thorburn
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 07:59 PM
It is working faster now! but I have two questions for you? in the last few weeks I no longer get E-mail notifications if someone posts on a thread I'm on.

Also about 3-5 times a month when I hit the skadi link in my favorites, a warning comes up and says that I have to accept a certificate to go further, and my browser warns me that it is not registered to your web site, and then it warns me if I precede, somebody might be spying on me.

Whats up?
Sorry for the inconvenience, please see:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=6209

- Thorburn

Thorburn
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 08:00 PM
We are aware of this, Siegfried, and are working on it.

- Thorburn

Thorburn
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 08:30 PM
First things first. I reenabled Guest access, which is the most important feature to me. But this might easily double or triple the server load. Please let me know about potential decrease in server reactivity.

- Thorburn

Thorburn
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Banner and buttons restored (thank you, Vanessa). Working on the smilies but they don't enjoy priority.

- Thorburn

friedrich braun
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 09:54 PM
My user cp still insn't working.

Can't see images.

Ewergrin
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Everything is back to normal for me, save for the usual "texture" pattern that usually accompanies the background of the entire site. Instead is just the regular pastel yellow colour.

edit: and the smilies, of course.

Nordgau
Monday, December 1st, 2003, 01:11 PM
Nix smilies here. :-(

Thorburn
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2003, 11:25 PM
Forum temporarily moved again.

Please bear with us and expect some more downtime, until it is moved to its final destination.

- Thorburn