PDA

View Full Version : Marx, Moses, and the Pagans in the Secular City

friedrich braun
Thursday, November 27th, 2003, 09:04 AM
What we lost with the advent of Christianity, and the corresponding abandonment of our indigenous belief-systems, is an Indo-European world-viev.

I support in a rehabilitation of paganism in order to restore to peoples their genuine identity that existed before Christian corruption. When Christianity proclaimed itself as the key to the riddle of the universe with universal aspirations, the pernicious belief in equality and the suppression of all human differences followed suit.

The following article presents a very good submission on behalf of a Euro-pagan revival.

Marx, Moses, and the Pagans in the Secular City

by Tomislav Sunic

CLIO (A Journal of Literature, History, and the Philosophy of History)
vol. 24 No 2 winter 1995; 169-188
(Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne)
With the conversion of the Roman Emperor Constantine to Christianity, the period of pagan Europe began to approach its end. During the next millennium the entire European continent came under the sway of the Gospel-sometimes by peaceful persuasion, frequently by forceful conversion. Those who were yesterday the persecuted of the ancient Rome became, in turn, the persecutors of the Christian Rome. Those who were previously bemoaning their fate at the hands of Nero, Diocletian, or Caligula did not hesitate to apply "creative" violence against infidel pagans. Although violence was nominally prohibited by the Christian texts, it was fully used against those who did not fit into the category of God's "chosen children." During the reign of Constantine, the persecution against the pagans took the proportions "in a fashion analogous to that whereby the old faiths had formerly persecuted the new, but in an even fiercer spirit." By the edict of A.D. 346, followed ten years later by the edict of Milan, pagan temples and the worship of pagan deities came to be stigmatized as magnum crimen. The death penalty was inflicted upon all those found guilty of participating in ancient sacrifices or worshipping pagan idols. "With Theodosius, the administration embarked upon a systematic effort to abolish the various surviving forms of paganism through the disestablishment, disen-dowment, and proscription of surviving cults."(1) The period of the dark ages began.

Christian and inter-Christian violence, ad majorem dei gloriam, did not let up until the beginning of the eighteenth century. Along with Gothic spires of breathtaking beauty, the Christian authorities built pyres that swallowed nameless thousands. Seen in hindsight, Christian intolerance against heretics, Jews, and pagans may be compared to the twentieth-century Bolshevik intolerance against class opponents in Russia and Eastern Europe-with one exception: it lasted longer. During the twilight of imperial Rome, Christian fanaticism prompted the pagan philosopher Celsus to write: "They [Christians] will not argue about what they believe-they always bring in their, `Do not examine, but believe'. . ." Obedience, prayer, and the avoidance of critical thinking were held by Christians as the most expedient tools to eternal bliss. Celsus described Christians as individuals prone to factionalism and a primitive way of thinking, who, in addition, demonstrate a remarkable disdain for life.(2) A similar tone against Christians was used in the nineteenth century by Friedrich Nietzsche who, in his virulent style, depicted Christians as individuals capable of displaying both self-hatred and hatred towards others, i.e., "hatred against those who think differently, and the will to persecute."(3) Undoubtedly, early Christians must have genuinely believed that the end of history loomed large on the horizon and, with their historical optimism, as well as their violence against the "infidels," they probably deserved the name of the Bolsheviks of antiquity.

As suggested by many authors, the break-up of the Roman Empire did not result only from the onslaught of barbarians, but because Rome was already "ruined from within by Christian sects, conscientious objectors, enemies of the official cult, the persecuted, persecutors, criminal elements of all sorts, and total chaos." Paradoxically, even the Jewish God Yahveh was to experience a sinister fate: "he would be converted, he would become Roman, cosmopolitan, ecumenical, gentile, goyim, globalist, and finally anti-Semite. "(!)(4) It is no wonder that, in the following centuries, Christian churches in Europe had difficulties in trying to reconcile their universalist vocation with the rise of nationalist extremism.

http://www.aryanunity.com/mmpsc.html

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Our old religions would renew our sense of Euopean cultural idenity which was lost with Judeochristianity. With Judeochristianity, our values were replaced with the 10 commandments as opposed to doing what was honorable in a given setting. We still remember these old values deep within our genes. This is why we are having so many problems today with things called "ethics" and the law. If we practiced our old religion, no jew calling himself a bio-ethicist would every trouble us with his bible-babble. The conflict between the 10 commandments and our basic Common-Law, Grundgesetz, or whatever you call it would not exist. Our society would be guilt-free since guilt, right and wrong, good and evil are all part of that jewish culture which was imposed upon Euorpeans with the coming of Judeochristianity.

Taras Bulba
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Our old religions would renew our sense of Euopean cultural idenity which was lost with Judeochristianity. With Judeochristianity, our values were replaced with the 10 commandments as opposed to doing what was honorable in a given setting. We still remember these old values deep within our genes. This is why we are having so many problems today with things called "ethics" and the law. If we practiced our old religion, no jew calling himself a bio-ethicist would every trouble us with his bible-babble. The conflict between the 10 commandments and our basic Common-Law, Grundgesetz, or whatever you call it would not exist. Our society would be guilt-free since guilt, right and wrong, good and evil are all part of that jewish culture which was imposed upon Euorpeans with the coming of Judeochristianity.
Just for the record, "JudeoChristianity" is a modern invention, it has no basis in Christian tradition.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, January 9th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Pushkin, I really like your posts so don't be too offended but "Christianity" is simply "Judism" for the unwashed. Jews didn't want Gentiles in their closed, cultural of genetic system so they invented Christianity but which they could control Gentiles and use them against Rome. This has worked since Roman times with varying success and failure. In my mind Judeochristian is one word and it has had and will continue to have a negative impact on European culture. It is non-European and infects us like a virus.

NormanBlood
Friday, January 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I agree with what Solar Wolff said and what Friedrich's article said.

In my mind Judeochristian is one word and it has had and will continue to have a negative impact on European culture. It is non-European and infects us like a virus.

I agree completly. I think random Heathen uprises over the middle ages and even Heathenism in the Third Reich and today shows us, though, that even though we are predominantly a judeochristian society for the past 1000 years, our old religions still live in our blood. There will always be those of us who never forget, and this, I think, will help us to oneday retake the reigns. Heathenism is still in the European blood, it just needs to be reawakened.

Just for the record, "JudeoChristianity" is a modern invention

Yes, you repeat this over and over, and no one is denying that the TERM "judeochristianity" is a modern word. It does NOT, however, mean that christianity didn't take its first breath of air in the desert, rooted in judaism, and most importantly NOT in Europe. That is what is of importance here, following our OWN religions because they best represent us.

Taras Bulba
Saturday, January 10th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Yes, you repeat this over and over, and no one is denying that the TERM "judeochristianity" is a modern word. It does NOT, however, mean that christianity didn't take its first breath of air in the desert, rooted in judaism, and most importantly NOT in Europe. That is what is of importance here, following our OWN religions because they best represent us.

The most historians can prove is that Christianity is rooted in Hellenic Judaism, that is a form of Judaism that was more influenced by Greek thinking than by Jewish tradition. Galileens were very much mistrusted by most Jews for their willing acceptance of Greek culture and their rejection of Jewish culture and tradition.

It is known that Jesus and his teachings enlisted their first following among the Galilean provincials who were despised by the Jerusalemites for having yielded more than others to foreign influences. "Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?" they said. These humble folks of Galilee, though much attached to the Judaic rites and customs, in which respect they were perhaps stricter than the Jerusalemites, were ignorant of the Law and were therefore despised by the haughty doctors of Judea. This scorn likewise followed the first disciples of Jesus, some of whom, besides, belonged to the disreputable classes, such as e.g., the publicans.
--"Anti-Semitism: Its History and Causes" by by Bernard Lazare

So Christianity may not have originated in Europe geographically, but its origins are firmly rooted in European thinking.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, January 12th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Jesus took root in the Hellenistic world. Why should anyone be surprised about this, that is when he lived. Mary was a Jew. Joseph was a Jew. Therefore, Jesus was a Jew. Others interpeted what Jesus said, not what he did, into a new interpetation of Judeaism. Later, this new form of Judeaism was called Christianity to distinguish it from the pure faith and its followers from the Chosen People. Still later, Jews found they could push Christians ahead of them in the line-up awaiting the lion's mouth. They are still doing it. In America, they founded the ACLU to advocate "civil rights" and advancing Negros for their own gain. They simply don't know how to stop and can't be educated in their madness. They are hopeless.

As a pure religion, I have nothing---absolutely nothing---against either. But both are used for political and Zionist ends and that makes them big targets in my rifle-scope.

Louky
Monday, January 12th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Christianity was first Hellenized and then Germanized. In the Roman Catholic Church can be found the remnants of the pre-Christian European religions, for which Catholics have been criticized by Protestants.

As far as the roots of Christianity being in Judaism, I think it's more accurate to think of both Christianity and Judaism being drawn from the scripture of the ancient Hebrews. Judaism branched off during the Assyrian captivity with the beginning developement of the Talmud, which is for Judaism what the New Testament is for Christians.

Even the scripture of the ancient Hebrews was derived from the religious teaching and legends of other, more ancient cultures, so I find it frustrating when I hear Jews claiming to have "invented" God, or that Judaism is the fountainhead of Christianity.

NormanBlood
Monday, January 12th, 2004, 04:25 PM
The most historians can prove is that Christianity is rooted in Hellenic Judaism, that is a form of Judaism that was more influenced by Greek thinking than by Jewish tradition. Galileens were very much mistrusted by most Jews for their willing acceptance of Greek culture and their rejection of Jewish culture and tradition.

True Hellenic thinking would be rooted in the ancient gods of the Hellenes. What, do you think that the Greeks had never put as much of their thoughts and idiologies into their OWN HOMEMADE religion, than a foreign such as christianity? That is compeltly ridiculous, and I think, if study indepth into Hellenic paganism as well as the old Hellenic alphabet you will find a lot of hidden knowledge there in..far more than there was ever put into christianity. Personally I believe that Christianity was the FALL of the glory of Ancient Greece. The Heathen Greece was far more successful and far more glorious than the Christian Greece.

Second of all. Christianity worships the one god...just like the Jews and Muslims. There are an INFINITE amount of ties that lie between Christianity, Judaism and Islam, such as Jesus and the prophet Mohamed. As a christian you worship Jesus do you not? As a christian you worship the supposed father of Jesus (God), do you not? If you are a christian, and do all of these things, then you are not staying true to European spirituality. Why should a European worship a semite (whether he be jewish, arab..whichever) when he has before him, a whole slew of European gods (in your case the Slavic gods of your forefathers) that were created for him by his European ancestors? Call me ignorant (as I'm sure you are quite willing to do ;) ) but I just find it a bit "oxymoronic" for someone to claim to be fighting for European preservation, and yet worship a semetic figure.

Taras Bulba
Monday, January 12th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Mary was a Jew. Joseph was a Jew. Therefore, Jesus was a Jew.

No they were Galileens, who by all accounts were Gentile people. Even Jewish tradition upholds that Jesus is the bastard child of a Roman legionary.

Others interpeted what Jesus said, not what he did, into a new interpetation of Judeaism.

Like who? By all historical accounts, Christianity and Judaism drifted apart within 20 years of its birth. So whatever "Jewish" origins Christianity had, obviously they weren't very strong to begin with if Christianity became a whole new faith within 20 years of its birth.

Later, this new form of Judeaism was called Christianity to distinguish it from the pure faith and its followers from the Chosen People.

What? The Jewish community within Christianity was so small and insignificant that its virtually unheard of by the second century. Sorry but the earliest Christians were not Jews(or they never made up a significant number), in fact even the Gospels record how Romans, Jews, arabs, etc converted to the faith within Palestine. In fact the oldest Christian communities in the Middle East are Palestinian and Syrian, not Jewish.

Still later, Jews found they could push Christians ahead of them in the line-up awaiting the lion's mouth. They are still doing it. In America, they founded the ACLU to advocate "civil rights" and advancing Negros for their own gain. They simply don't know how to stop and can't be educated in their madness. They are hopeless.

Please point to me of Jews being influential in Christian churches before 1800. And in large part that was because of the secularist infiltration of the Enlightenment.

Iceman
Tuesday, January 20th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Church Bad, Pagans Good.

What a eye opener! You know that a person would have been burned at the stake of saying less that a few hundred years a go.
I think that what mr. Sunic is saying is right! We need to get back to our roots. Take back what was takeing from us. afther all it is up to each person, as what is right and wrong. We do not need the Church to tell us how to live.
We should be free to choose to belive in, or not to belive in, any religion, as well as take what works from one and add to another to make it work of us. Not told what to think and belive, and do so, out of fear of going to hell.
I see now that being a Pagan will take a lot of courage. Thanks to the Church and the movies, most people think that a pagan is some one who jumps around naked covered with blood calling out to the devil. But now I know that is so much more. ICEMAN