PDA

View Full Version : Say no to dieting

Veršandi
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 02:04 PM
When Julie Miller Jones talks to students about nutrition, she is amazed at how early in their lives they know the word diet. By the fourth grade, most do, especially the girls, said Miller Jones, a professor of nutrition and food science at the College of St. Catherine in St. Paul, Minnesota.

More... (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heal th24.com%2Fnews%2FWeight_management_Obes ity%2F1-955%2C36617.asp)

Enibas
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Diet is a word that confronts us continuously: for example in magazines and in the television advertisement. Children come in contact with these media very early. Unfortunately Attractiveness is often confused with prestige. And so even for kids, a good figure is very important, too.

The reason, why diets so badly function is that they are a state of emergency for the body. With a diet, nobody learns to eat healthy, it is possible to reduce the weight, but after the diet most people fall back again into their old habits. So, an eating plan is much better than a diet, but also an eating plan needs discipline and endurance.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, July 19th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Young people should not ever have to "diet". I couldn't get enough to eat until I was 17. My activity level was so great and I was growing that I was skinny. That was in the 1960s, though, and our food quality has declined since. I mean that the junk now put in food works to make us fat. Read the labels on everything you eat out of a package, can or bottle. If it says " high fructose corn syrup", your liver can't handle it, an insulin rush results, and you just get a little fatter.

By contrast, take a look at what the Nazis said about food. They were absolutely right on all counts. They recommended more fruit, vegetables, nuts, beans, whole grains, less fat, less meat, less sugar. Cheeze and fisch were ok. They were against alcohol and tobacco. If anyone followed their advise and had a 1940s level of physical activity, we would not be having this conversation.