PDA

View Full Version : Redhead gene may be hair today but gone tomorrow

Nordhammer
Monday, November 24th, 2003, 06:37 PM
(Thanks to Megan O'Brien)

Redhead gene may be hair today but gone tomorrow

CHRISTOPHER CLAIRE

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5187

THAT Scottish cultural icon, the See You Jimmy Hat, may one day be the only remaining trace of red hair among homo sapiens.

Scientists are predicting the demise of the ginger barnet, for so long a characteristic of Scots from Rob Roy to Robin Cook, because of racial mixing.

They say globalisation is causing people from different ethnic groups to intermarry and interbreed so rapidly that unusual hair colours such as ginger and blonde are under threat.

For a child to have red hair requires both parents to carry specific genes which are far rarer than those for other hair colours such as brown or black. As the global gene pool becomes more and more mixed, these colours will gradually die out.

Scotland has more than its fair share of redheads at about 8% of the population, compared with 1-2% in other European countries. Some experts believe Scots acquired the red hair genes from Neanderthal man, to whom they have been traced by evolutionary scientists.

Experts also believe the trait, which is unique to Europe, may have become concentrated in sparsely populated areas where tightly-knit communities shared a common ancestry, such as Scotlandís tribal and clan structures.

Now a conference organised by the Oxford Hair Foundation research centre has heard that all that is likely to be swept away, along with large swathes of blondeness, also a genetically rare phenomenon, from strongholds such as Scandinavia. Dr Desmond Tobin, who researches hair cell biology at Bradford University, said: "As the amount of migration, inter-marriage and mixing increases we will see them all but disappear."

Despite the apparent commonness of blonde hair, which accounts for a third of British women, Tobin said only about 3% were naturally blonde.

The proportions of both colours are thought to have declined already, particularly over the past 50 years. Jonathan Rees, professor of dermatology at Edinburgh University, who discovered one of the genes for red hair, said: "Blondeness appears to follow similar patterns of inheritance."

Hairdresser Nicky Clarke, whose celebrity clients include the red-headed Duchess of York and blonde Denise van Outen, said natural blondes and redheads inspired thousands of this customers to seek similar colours for themselves. "It would be sad to lose that diversity," he said.

From National Vanguard:

An article in The Scotsman brings to light a truth within a truth
that National Vanguard magazine has been warning you about for
decades: Because of increased racial mixing, redheads and blondes may
go extinct: "Scientists are predicting the demise of the ginger
barnet, for so long a characteristic of Scots from Rob Roy to Robin
Cook, because of racial mixing. They say globalisation is causing
people from different ethnic groups to intermarry and interbreed so
rapidly that unusual hair colours such as ginger and blonde are under
threat. For a child to have red hair requires both parents to carry
specific genes which are far rarer than those for other hair colours
such as brown or black. As the global gene pool becomes more and more
mixed, these colours will gradually die out.

"Scotland has more than its fair share of redheads at about 8% of the
population, compared with 1-2% in other European countries."

Bradford University's Dr. Desmond Tobin states that blondism and
redheadedness have already declined precipitously in the last 50
years, and "As the amount of migration, inter-marriage and mixing
increases we will see them all but disappear."

The truth within this truth is this: It isn't only hair colors
peculiar to Europeans that are disappearing. Other traits -- such as
the unique combinations of high intelligence, daring, and high
creativity that have made European civilization what it is -- are
just as endangered by racial mixing, and such characteristics are far
more significant than hair color or eye color. Everything that makes
us what we are, everything that we hold dear, and the genetic
qualities of the best among us that have allowed us to reach to the
stars -- all bid fair to disappear if racial mixing is not halted.
Halting the genocide of the European race by racial mixing should be
the number one public policy priority in every White nation.

Yet another truth within a truth, which should be shouted from the
housetops: Racial mixing decreases the frequency of unique
characteristics -- therefore racial mixing destroys real biological
diversity.

http://tinyurl.com/vxg7

Saoirse
Monday, November 24th, 2003, 06:56 PM
I want a redhead girlfriend. And I'm redhead.

dinarid love
Friday, November 28th, 2003, 10:22 PM
whats next? People need to learn soon that nothing good comes of mixing.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 12:19 AM
I promise to do my best to keep this from happening. I need help, though. heh

Gladstone
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 12:42 AM

Now you've done it Sig. You'll be having more would be suiters and courters than you'll know what to do with!;)

Gladstone
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 12:48 AM
You can watch films from the 60's and it is noticeable the fewer number of blondes nowadays as to then. Like so much else about the oh so loving multicultist the "diversity" thing is a sham. For individual nations they push "diversity" but for the world they do not. Clearly they are wanting to create one race which they think naively will mean peace. It all seems like what someone would do who was more interested in "administering" from above (ie dictating) than anything.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Now you've done it Sig. You'll be having more would be suiters and courters than you'll know what to do with!;)
No, no, no, no, no...

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 01:08 AM
You can watch films from the 60's and it is noticeable the fewer number of blondes nowadays as to then. Like so much else about the oh so loving multicultist the "diversity" thing is a sham. For individual nations they push "diversity" but for the world they do not. Clearly they are wanting to create one race which they think naively will mean peace. It all seems like what someone would do who was more interested in "administering" from above (ie dictating) than anything.Interesting. I have this little Sci-Fi drama story taking shape in my head where everyone on earth has become tanned with medium brown hair and medium brown eyes, of medium height & build [which is scarey enough by itself!], but then men & women start to amalgamate and we become a single sex. We become carbon-copy worker bees. Diversity is frowned upon, kinda like in Brave New World, and we are all encouraged (read: forced) to become.... MEDIUM BROWN. Maybe that's what I'll call it, Medium Brown by Sigrun Christianson.

Evolved
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 02:16 AM
I have this little Sci-Fi drama story taking shape in my head where everyone on earth has become tanned with medium brown hair and medium brown eyes, of medium height & build [which is scarey enough by itself!]

You just described what most of my relatives look like, except for "tanned." ;P

blut-ehre
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 02:17 AM
It is horrible how fewer redheads there are with each generation. There is only a handful at my school, maybe 20 - 30 ? out of 2200 . Those numbers are stretching it purhaps but I don't want to have fewer than what is reality. As with the blonde gene which is dying out much faster and in great numbers, we can only try and change peoples minds right now...

Gladstone
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Interesting. I have this little Sci-Fi drama story taking shape in my head where everyone on earth has become tanned with medium brown hair and medium brown eyes, of medium height & build [which is scarey enough by itself!], but then men & women start to amalgamate and we become a single sex. We become carbon-copy worker bees. Diversity is frowned upon, kinda like in Brave New World, and we are all encouraged (read: forced) to become.... MEDIUM BROWN. Maybe that's what I'll call it, Medium Brown by Sigrun Christianson.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr. (the writer of Slaughter House 5) wrote a short story in the early '60s mocking the obsession some have with equality. It was sort of a warning like "1984" in a sense. In it people who looked attractive had to wear mask to hide their good looks lest they have "unfair' advantage over others. The thing was people could still tell the good looking ones as they were the ones wearing these ugly mask and people still gave the "good looking" ones preferential ttreatment even tho they were unable to actually see their faces. Other things too had to be equalized like heighth etc, but people could still see (or sense) the differences and acted accordingly.

Anyway, seems just like as with Orwell, people are ignoring Vonnegut's warning regarding these fanatics. In California (ie San Fran) there is a movement to fight "lookism". You got it, "lookism" is the "crime" of giving good looking people preference. I won't even go into "speciesism.

dinarid love
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 04:51 AM
I'll help you, whats your number.

Nordhammer
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 05:41 AM
I'll help you, whats your number.

No Dinarids need apply. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 05:50 AM
No Dinarids need apply. :)
Ha-Ha! :)

Thanks, dinarid love, but I'm taken care of already. And thanks to Nordhammer for protecting my phenotype. :)

Nordhammer
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Ha-Ha! :)

thanks to Nordhammer for protecting my phenotype. :)

:angel

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Kurt Vonnegut Jr... Anyway, seems just like as with Orwell...
Damn them for stealing my story. :)

Of the three Vonnegut novels I read, only one made any sense to me whatsoever. You must be one of those smart people, Gladstone. You need to explain Vonnegut to me. :)

The desire to be popular, accepted, embraced, lauded, to conform to whatever is revered at any given time... it's overpowering. Even here on this board we have that - people who will say anything to fit in. Then we have the opposite: people who will say anything just be contrary. Neither type is very interesting for long.

What does that have to do with redheads??

I keep hijacking Nordhammer's threads - sorry. :|

Loki
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Scientists are predicting the demise of the ginger barnet, for so long a characteristic of Scots from Rob Roy to Robin Cook, because of racial mixing.

They say globalisation is causing people from different ethnic groups to intermarry and interbreed so rapidly that unusual hair colours such as ginger and blonde are under threat.

Saddest of all, is that it seems to take a scientific expert to "figure it out". If old, innate attitudes of racial/national/cultural pride were still intact and unassailed, then everybody would have realised it long time ago.

Thanks for the article Nordhammer.

Nothing short of a racial revolution is required, of continental proportions.

Gladstone
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 03:50 PM
You need to explain Vonnegut to me. :)

If I only could!;-) Vonnegut is a peculiar fellow. He was actually in Dresden as a POW during the firestorm bombing of that city in '45 and Slaughterhouse 5 delves into that some. In fact, it was an old slaughterhouse that was their barracks there, hense the name of the book. I saw the movie and it was surreal in parts;). Maybe the experience of living thru the bombing did something to his mind, but he is the strange one.

The desire to be popular, accepted, embraced, lauded, to conform to whatever is revered at any given time... it's overpowering. Even here on this board we have that - people who will say anything to fit in. Then we have the opposite: people who will say anything just be contrary.

More dysfunctionalism than a person can shake a stick at it seems all over.;)

Neither type is very interesting for long.

True, the best one can do is be true to themselves. If someone else does not like it, too bad.:)
It's better that than trying to be some kind of chameleon trying to please everyone and in the end pleasing no one.[/QUOTE]

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 05:30 PM
:angel
That girl you posted in this thread is just lovely. Who is she? She looks like someone I know. :D

Nordhammer
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Then we have the opposite: people who will say anything just be contrary.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm very familiar with that personality type.

I keep hijacking Nordhammer's threads - sorry. :|

LOL Well, I consider that an honor really. :)

Nordhammer
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 07:05 PM
That girl you posted in this thread is just lovely. Who is she? She looks like someone I know. :D

http://www.ema.ee/modellid.html?liik=63&id=71

+Suomut+
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 01:26 PM
This topic was broadcast to America on a radio news report (from either CBS or ABC) well over a month back. I froze in my seat when I heard it and got angry. I couldn't believe the audacity of these media jackasses in declaring a decline in red/blonde haired individuals when they are partially at fault for this decline. They helped foster the idea that the way a person looks means nothing and then they do a piece on those who look a certain way are vanishing from the face of the earth. Long ago they fed us poison, and now they're gleefully proclaiming our death. Wicked, filthy monsters.

Gladstone
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 04:40 PM
This topic was broadcast to America on a radio news report (from either CBS or ABC) well over a month back. I froze in my seat when I heard it and got angry. I couldn't believe the audacity of these media jackasses in declaring a decline in red/blonde haired individuals when they are partially at fault for this decline. They helped foster the idea that the way a person looks means nothing and then they do a piece on those who look a certain way are vanishing from the face of the earth. Long ago they fed us poison, and now they're gleefully proclaiming our death. Wicked, filthy monsters.

I heard a few months back the report (and yes, you could just about sense the glee) about blondes disappearing within a century or so. Later, it turned out that report was a hoax; this probably was not the same report that you mention. It is true, you can see the decline. To be sure, that is what these ever so loving folks want, and reports like that are part of the psychological attacks upon our Europeon people. Basically, they are attempting to get Europeon ancestried peoples "acclimatized" to their own destruction. Like someone slowly poisoning their mate with arsenic, the multi-cultists are all smiles and "love" as long as the said mate continues to ingest the poison with no question. When that spouse whom they publicly proclaim to love (but secretly hate) is dead, then the murderers/murderesses will celebrate. (That is what we are seeing with radio reports such as the one you mentioned; they can barely contain the joy they have at the prospect, but they are ahead of themselves.) Sometimes tho, the one being poisoned becomes aware of what is being done to them. When this happens, and the would be murderer is exposed, tried, and punished for their attempted crime (usually and appropriately by a life sentence to the gaol) all of their hatred and rage comes out for the world to see and it is indeed a very interesting and fascinating thing to observe, all the excuses, whining, etc, for their would be crime and that they were caught. Yet nothing can, or will ever excuse, (no matter how sympathetic it might sound) their crime(s). I have found many amongst the rad-lib, multi-cult to be among the most hateful people probably to have ever resided on this earth and I am becoming quite convinced that perpetual talk of "hate" they do is nothing more than they themselves projecting upon others what is actually very much filling their very being, eating them up even, abject hatred. Urnebes, who posted here a while back, is an example of one of these would be poisoners exposed and all the hate within her then coming out for everyone to see. Why, one might asks? She had simply been politely and civilly challenged as to the wisdom of the multi-cult for Europe. Here is a link to the revealing discussion where this took place starting at the bottom of the page, then continuing onto the next

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=52015#post52015

I have seen it with others at other places, sometimes they are the immigrants (the mercenaries of the multi-cult they are using in their dirty deeds), sometimes the multi-cultists themselves. In fact, that is something a person desiring to preserve our peoples can do, at chat sites or in person, civilly and politely challenge the multi-cultists. As they are in shock someone dared to question them, and perhaps more so that they most often have nothing of logic or truth to offer, but only emotionalism, the rage and hatred for Europeons quickly comes out for all to see. No need to be goading about any of this, not that any of us ought to do that anyhow. That unpleasant side of the multi-cultist is just beneath the surface and comes out by simply presenting them with something that terrifies them most, truth. People observing take note if but only unconsciously for now, specifically our many now slumbering Europeon brethren who in time we hope to arouse from their nightmare. Yes, just like in those old black and white movies from the 30's and 40's when the would be arsenic poisoner is caught and then sentenced, the multi-cultists rage, hatred, self-pity comes out and everyone sees the pathetic person for what they have become. One could not be blamed for even having a desire to pity them (not too much tho, they were wanting to murder after all and attempting the same). On our parts, like that would be poisoned spouse, we need to be brutally honest with ourselves how our ridiculous position came about; it did not come out of nowhere. Then take corrective actions; all this at the same time as dealing with the multi-cultist fanatics.

Every person in their life has to decide at some point whether they will continue to be a Pavlov dog or not.

Fortunately many are shaking off the leash and dog collar and breaking out of the rad-lib social experiment lab. I think the trick for us is to wake up as many of our Europeon American peoples as possible , get our moral case presented as best as can be done (which I think is critical), then if the rad-libs cannot, or will not, allow for the survival of our peoples and lands as viable realities (for sure ancestral Europeon homelands) then take what action is neccesary to accomplish that.

Louky
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Two doors down from me is a couple with the husband being light blonde and the wife having the most beautiful shade of red hair. They have two little girls with ginger hair and the couple is young enough to have more children, which they seem intent on doing.

Gladstone
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Two doors down from me is a couple with the husband being light blonde and the wife having the most beautiful shade of red hair. They have two little girls with ginger hair and the couple is young enough to have more children, which they seem intent on doing.

Good to hear that Louky!

A side note; some of my ancestors lived in Kentucky in the early 19th century and then moved onto Iowa when it opened up in the 1830's. Probably some still in KY.

Marduk
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 11:59 PM

Heartening !

+Suomut+
Monday, December 15th, 2003, 02:38 AM
I heard a few months...Well stated, Gladstone! :-) I appreciate the input. :-| It's too bad, there aren't about 200,000,000 other Americans just like you and me. :-(

Razmig
Monday, December 15th, 2003, 08:35 AM
I have a question. My cousin is red headed, almost orange in the light, but his father is blonde and mother has dark brown hair. Also, my family (with relation to my cousin through his father), all have red beards, although I am light brown haired. Isnt red headed blonde+brown??? Thats what I always thought, if so, why is only my beard red, and not my head like my cousins?

Gladstone
Monday, December 15th, 2003, 07:04 PM
It's too bad, there aren't about 200,000,000 other Americans just like you and me. :-(

Hopefully in time something like that number will be aware of what's taking place and do what's neccessary to preserve themselves!:-)

Gladstone
Monday, December 15th, 2003, 07:09 PM
I have a question. My cousin is red headed, almost orange in the light, but his father is blonde and mother has dark brown hair. Also, my family (with relation to my cousin through his father), all have red beards, although I am light brown haired. Isnt red headed blonde+brown??? Thats what I always thought, if so, why is only my beard red, and not my head like my cousins?

Hi Razmig, welcome to the site. I do not know the answer to your question, however someone at this thread might. You may also want to post the same question at the "racial classification" section where there are quite a few experts on these things. Hope you find what you need!

Razmig
Monday, December 15th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Hi Razmig, welcome to the site. I do not know the answer to your question, however someone at this thread might. You may also want to post the same question at the "racial classification" section where there are quite a few experts on these things. Hope you find what you need!

Thanks man. I'll do that!

Glenlivet
Tuesday, December 16th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Search for MCR1 to find out more about red hair.

Well, I can tell you the a little about the medical background behind the biology of human pigmentation.

It is the result of three chromophores (I suggest that you read some biophysics). Melanin is a chromophore. Chromophores are molecules which absorb light or UV radiation.

Melanin (produced in melanocytes from tyrosinase) is a red/yellow (phaeomelanin) or brown/black (eumelanin) pigment granule. Thus, one can see blondism as a higher rate of phaeomelanin pigment granules. Loss-of-function mutations at the MC1R are associated with a switch from eumelanin to phaeomelanin production. Only a minority of red-heads are heterozygotes.

Phaeomelanin differs from eumelanin that cysteine is involved, in addition to the amino acid tyrosinase.

Melanin is a mixture of polymers, with many intermediates, and it is unstable.

Another chromophore is hemoglobin in red blood cells in the superficial vasculature. We also have dietary carotenoids, which are of lesser importance. Also see PMID: 11880562 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]:

"From these observations, we conclude that carotenoids from a normal, unsupplemented diet accumulate in the skin and confer a measurable photoprotective benefit (at least in lightly pigmented Caucasian skin), that is directly linked to their concentration in the tissue. Carotenoids also appear to contribute measurably and significantly to normal human skin color, in particular the appearance of "yellowness" as defined objectively by CR200 tristimulus b* values."

Now you asked about hair. Hair is only a form of epidermis. Epidermis is the outer layer of skin cells. Pigmentation of the hair results from the activity of melanocytes. They reside in a hair follicle bulb. Pigment granules are deposited as the hair shaft is being formed. Pigment is added to the growing keratinocytes that make up the shaft of our hairs.

Furthermore, melanin is packed in melanosomes, and that too affect the colour, as melanosomes vary in size and shape.

The people of Northern Europe, and to a lesser degree those of the Northern European continental plain, are frequently blonde-haired with pale skin. But their pigment increase with UVR light to a moderate degree. [Rees JL. 2002. Molecular phototypes. In Mechanisms of Suntanning, ed. Jean-Paul Ortonne, Robert Ballotti. 31:333-339. London: Martin Dunitz]. Though certain populations of Western, or rather Northwestern Europe, notably the Irish tan little, and have more red hair. Even those who have brown hair can sometimes be the same.

There is no fixed pigmentary phenotype throughout life. Hair colour can change in time and site. Single strands of hair can, and often have different colour.

There is also some degree of independence the melanocytes of skin and hair.
The pigmentary phenotypes do not need to be of "mixtures" between populations, but merely recombinations of types.

Regarding the evolution, oh well, vitamin D is made in the skin, and there is that Vitamin D theory that you are less likely to get rickets if you have pale skin. It is e.g. true that sub-Saharan African children in Sweden are at risk. We can prevent that by giving them supplementation. Insufficent amount of Calcium can also affect it. A Danish study also showed that women who cover (mostly because of religious reasons) themselves will have a better health after having vitamin D supplement.

Also read The Evolution of Human Skin Color (http://www.telluridescience.org/Jablonski1.htm)

Also read an interesting Japanese study:

Sexual selection as a cause of human skin colour variation: Darwin's hypothesis revisited.

Aoki K.

Department of Biological Sciences, the University of Tokyo, Bunkyoku, Tokyo, Japan. kenaoki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Department of Biological Sciences, the University of Tokyo, Bunkyoku, Tokyo, Japan. kenaoki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp

The dark skin of tropical peoples is likely to be an adaptation to the strong ultraviolet (UV) radiation near the equator, perhaps protecting against sunburn or degradation of folate. By contrast, the adaptive value of light skin is questionable. In particular, the relevance of vitamin D deficiency rickets as a selective factor has been cogently criticized. Population genetic studies on the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) gene (one of the genes responsible for normal human skin colour variation) also cast doubt on the role of positive natural selection in the evolution of light skin. Natural selection may favour dark skin everywhere, though to a lesser extent at higher latitudes. Darwin believed that racial differences in skin colour were caused by sexual selection. Available evidence suggests that in each society a lighter-than-average skin colour is preferred in a sexual partner. Such a preference would generate sexual selection for light skin that counteracts natural selection for dark skin. The observed latitudinal gradient in skin colour may result from the balance between natural and sexual selection.

Ann Hum Biol. 2002 Nov-Dec;29(6):589-608.