PDA

View Full Version : Who can bring info about Liebenfels's "Theozoologie"?

Carl Frensch
Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 03:47 PM
(Dear moderators, feel free to move my post in another sub-forum if you deem it suitable, perhaps in the philosophy section.)

Has anyone read Liebenfels's "Theozoology, or the Tale of the Apelings of Sodom and the Gods' Electron"?
I have not, this is not an easily available book, and I'd like to have the opinion of those who made a thorough study of this work.
Thanks.

Northerner
Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I don't know how current this info is, but you can probably get a copy from Europa Germanic Traditions, which is in Sandusky, OH. They sell a few Ariosophist/Armanen books & materials, and Liebenfel's Theozoology is listed. I believe that this is an English translation.

Here is their website: http://www.lrbcg.com/heidentor/europa/armbooks.htm

Sorry, but I have not read this book.

Pragmatiker
Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Well, to keep it short:

Liebenfels proves (or trys to prove...whatever one likes better) that creatures existed in the old days (even in biblical times), wich we today would label as mythological. As drawes, kind of human bats, snake like humans and so on and that "inferior" races like negroes are the offspring of the mixing between humans and those creatures. Although that the teaching of Jesus and other biblical storys, is the fight between mankind (the godlike mankind) and this creatures + the "half humans".
The last point he explains more exactly in the Bibliomystikon, but thats another story ;)

Tryggvi
Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Has anyone read Liebenfels's "Theozoology, or the Tale of the Apelings of Sodom and the Gods' Electron"?
I have not, this is not an easily available book, and I'd like to have the opinion of those who made a thorough study of this work.
Thanks.I read it a very long time ago. It's a very weird book, I swear. ;)

The illustrations might give you a first impression.

Pragmatiker
Thursday, July 27th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I read it a very long time ago. It's a very weird book, I swear. ;)

Well sometime you catch yourself thinking...."Ah, the man who gave Lovecraft his ideas !" *g*
But well the Theozoologie is a "shortcut" of the Bibliomystikon, where his theories get at last a bit more scientific (at last in the first few volumes).