PDA

View Full Version : The Brünn Type and Hair

Pro-Alpine
Friday, July 14th, 2006, 12:00 AM
What caused it to be so curly? it seems to have reached a frizzy level in some places, other Cromagnid types seem to be quite straight haired.

example:

http://www.hadler.de/Fedcon9/cm1.jpg

BrunnBeast
Wednesday, October 25th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I believe the Brunns and Atlantids were the first two groups of people in Ireland so maybe some of them picked it up from them. I have a lot of Irish and Welsh ancestry and most of my moms side display Brunn and Atlantid characteristics you can tell who is more Brunn and who more Atlantid the more Atlantid ones have curlier hair.

Kadu
Wednesday, October 25th, 2006, 04:12 AM
I believe the Brunns and Atlantids were the first two groups of people in Ireland so maybe some of them picked it up from them. I have a lot of Irish and Welsh ancestry and most of my moms side display Brunn and Atlantid characteristics you can tell who is more Brunn and who more Atlantid the more Atlantid ones have curlier hair.

I Think is the opposite, perhaps the majority of Atlantids that you see have a strong Brunn influence.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, October 25th, 2006, 05:43 AM
The Bruenn was a very specific type which Coon chose for some reason. Farther west and earlier on, the UP people of France were not so bony and extreme as the Bruenn holotype. These Cro-Magnons had a more vertical forehead and somehow looked less primitive. If we imagine an infantilized Cro-Magnon, while still retaining the long head, a similarity with the Atlantids (Atlanto-Meds.) becomes obvious. Not all these Cro-Magnons became infantilized so that the people of Ireland and Neo-Mesolithic Britain really looked like a both peoples inhabited those islands. If we add a rounding of the cranium in some of the larger Cro-Magnons, because of infusion of Borreby types, and smaller Keltic Nordics from Iberia, then we get what Coon describes in Ireland.

Coon describes the probably appearance of UP man on page 383-384. He says the hair was brown and wavy, frequently rufous, moderate on the body.

PeterThaGreat
Wednesday, October 25th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Is that Bush with a wig?

Northern Paladin
Friday, August 27th, 2010, 05:31 AM
That's an interesting question. I wonder if there are other Europid groups which display the same or a similar frequency of curly/frizzy hair without non-Europid admixture.

OneWolf
Friday, August 27th, 2010, 05:58 AM
That's an interesting question. I wonder if there are other Europid groups which display the same or a similar frequency of curly/frizzy hair without non-Europid admixture.

My dads best friend,a German with the last name Schlegel,is about 6ft 7inches
tall,muscular with the biggest blonde "Afro" I have ever seen.The man,minus
the hair,is what I imagine an S.S. Soldier to look like.Every time I see him
I just have to give the salute.:D