PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Physical Anthropology Section

Pro-Alpine
Wednesday, June 28th, 2006, 09:21 PM
what about a sub-forum for Alpinid users?

There are a lot of Alpinid Germanics here, and there are cultural sub-forums, so why not subrace subforums?

Waarnemer
Wednesday, June 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM
what about a sub-forum for Alpinid users?

There are a lot of Alpinid Germanics here, and there are cultural sub-forums, so why not subrace subforums?
what are you some kind of alpinid supremacist? anyway you remember me of a guy on the old dodona

Pro-Alpine
Wednesday, June 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
what are you some kind of alpinid supremacist? anyway you remember me of a guy on the old dodona

An Alpinist does not necessarily have to be a supremacist. Not all Nordicsists here are supremacists.

Waarnemer
Wednesday, June 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM
An Alpinist does not necessarily have to be a supremacist. Not all Nordicsists here are supremacists.
Nordic theory (or Nordicism) was a theory of racial supremacy prevalent in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, which claimed that North European peoples constitute a “master race” because of their supposed innate racial capacity for leadership. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordicism)

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, June 28th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Could we have a special subforum for dinaricized nordomediterranids with pontid admixture and slight UP influences? :D

Pro-Alpine
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 03:43 AM
A Sub-forum in "Europoid" for the Cromagnid/Upper Paleolithic types.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 05:51 AM

I think that is a great idea. How about Bruenn, Borreby, Ladagon/Others?? What do others think?

Agrippa
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Good idea. I would suggest to make up a "Cromagnoid" subforum, which would include Dalofaelid (Bruenn), Borreby (Nordalpinoid), Eastcromagnoid-Westbaltid, Palaeatlantid, Berberid, Berid just to mention the more important types and subtypes.

Ladagon

"Ladogans" (~Lappoid) being already covered by Uralid me thinks and we shouldnt deal with the derivates of Cromagnoids which being already in a different major category (Alpinisation - Alpinoid, Baltisation - Baltid) if the topic is not being related to a still Cromagnoid forms in this new subforum.

Pro-Alpine
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I would like to see comments from the administrators, or members who have the privileges to edit the forums. I see no reason to not have a Cromagnoid sub-forum.

Allenson
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Certainly sounds reasonable to me....

Thorburn
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Added. Moderators please be so kind to move/split threads relevant to this sub-forum whenever you surf into them.

Ealhswiđ
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I can't help but notice the new forum is called "Cromagnoid" - shouldn't it be "Cromagnid" so as to be in keeping with the other subforum titles?

/end nitpicking. :P

Thorburn
Friday, July 7th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I can't help but notice the new forum is called "Cromagnoid" - shouldn't it be "Cromagnid" so as to be in keeping with the other subforum titles?

Thanks. Cromagnid seems to be more popular on Google, too.

Agrippa
Saturday, July 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM

Could be argued, though my idea was to include all types which are still RATHER unreduced and SIMILAR, whereas -id would exclude f.e. Borreby and Westbaltid or Berid, the former two because of their brachycephalisation and partial pyknomorphisation, the later because of the whole reduction. Cromagnid =~ eurydolichomorph and robust Europids which resemble the findings of Palaeolithic and Mesolithic related forms, so Dalofaelid, Palaeatlantid, Berberid primarily.

Pro-Alpine
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 04:30 AM
What about having two for the Eastern Caucasoid types
Example:
Orientalid(Arabid and Iranid etc)
Indid(North-Indid, Indobranchid etc.)

Bridie
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Example:

You must be joking. :| :thumbdown

Nicola_Canadian
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Example:

Very interesting idea... But one can hardly consider Arabids as Europeads... Maybe some Iranids and Indids\NordIndids could have their branch, but not Arabs... OBVIOUSLY... Cause next step after Arabs would be Jews... :thumbdown

Pro-Alpine
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 12:22 PM
The Arabs are a Europoid people, what the hell else would they be?. And this is just a suggestion for the physical anthropology section. And if this would be added, all Europid subgroups would be listed there.

Thusnelda
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Im against that. This is a Germanic online community.

Gundahar
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
We have hords of Arabs in every european city now. We dont need them in this forum too.

Glynd Eastŵd
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM
The Arabs are a Europoid people, what the hell else would they be?

How are they a European people? Morphologically, some Arabs (i.e. Iranians) can approach Europeans, but their pigmentation and behaviour suggests otherwise. They are a Caucasian people, just like Europeans, but you're likely to offend Germanics (and probably Arabs too) by putting them in the Europid section.

Even the names of the racial types you named should give it away. They are racial types which belong in Arabia and India respectively, but not Europe. They have no place in Europe, no amount of multi-cultural propaganda by Western governments is going to change that.

Gil
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 04:30 PM
The Arabs are a Europoid people, what the hell else would they be?. And this is just a suggestion for the physical anthropology section. And if this would be added, all Europid subgroups would be listed there.

Anyone can post here, germanic or not, (i'm not of germanic ancestry) but the focus of Skadi is to create a Germanic Online Community not a "European" or "Europoid" community.
In the past i've even seen Japanese posting here and as long as they are civilised and friendly they are tolerated and respected; that's all you can hope for in a forum.
Also, there is Dodona and many other forums which aren't ethnic-specific.

Lusitano
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Not being of germanic origns, as portuguese, I do not see what would improve in this forum with an arab or even a iranian section, not only because they are not europeans (iranians are related to us but are not europeans) but also due to the fact that such people would offer nothing of interest for the preservation of germanic and european ethnoculture.:thumbdown
BTW, if you enjoy that ethnical mixture you have the so called PANF forum.:P

af Torestorp
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 07:22 PM
How are they a European people? Morphologically, some Arabs (i.e. Iranians) can approach Europeans, but their pigmentation and behaviour suggests otherwise. They are a Caucasian people, just like Europeans, but you're likely to offend Germanics (and probably Arabs too) by putting them in the Europid section.
Well, my knowledge of physical anthropology is quite limited to say the least, but as far as I know, European and Europid respectively are not quite the same thing. The word 'European' bears what one may term a cultural significance, while Europid is a physical-anthropological term, largely equivalent to caucasian/caucasoid. In this sence Arabs f.e. could rightly be termed Europid, but most definitively not European.

But I do agree with you that there is not much sence in accentuating the likeness between Arabs and Europeans, even if confined to the strictly racial field, by using terms such as 'Europid' when 'Caucasoid' should do just fine, while also avoiding a certain confusion of ideas.

Thorburn
Monday, August 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
We have physical anthropology sub-forums for all human sub-species.

We further have second level sub-forums for the primary local forms or sub-types (sub-races) of the European (Europoid proper) sub-species because those types are all to one extent or the other represented by indigenous Germanics to a non-marginal degree (with the exception of Uralid maybe but this sub-forum exists due to reasons buried in the history of Skadi).

They are thus, in general, of particular interest to us what is also reflected by an increased post count that justifies further differentiation.

This is simply not the case with non-European sub-types, be they Mongoloid, Congoid or Caucasoid (Europoid in a wider sense); including Uralid; you can go and see for yourself how much was posted there. Thus, I see no need to add specific second level sub-forums for Orientalids and Indids. If somebody has some interesting information about those types, he can as well post them in the Europoid forum.

Nordgau
Tuesday, August 15th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Exactly my words, Thorburn. By the way, I also wouldn't be opposed to renaming the sub-specifical forum titles Europoid, Congoid, Mongoloid, Australoid, Capoid as Europid, Negrid, Indianid, Australid, Khoisanid, due to nomenclatorical uniformity with the "Europoid" subforums. The name "Capoid" makes me always think of Martin Schulz, member of the European Parliament, anyway. :P