PDA

View Full Version : My height Goes Above the Alpinid Average

Pro-Alpine
Tuesday, July 4th, 2006, 04:30 AM
It's impossible that it was caused by non-Alpinid admixture, because my body type and face is completely Alpinid. I reach 1.85 cm, and the most common height among Alpinids is 1.70 cm, but Alpinids have always had a tall minority.

Is this an independent feature? or caused by some sort of influence?

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, July 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe you are a Borreby who just thinks you are an Alpine.

Pro-Alpine
Tuesday, July 4th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Maybe you are a Borreby who just thinks you are an Alpine.

I'm not even remotly borreby

Zyklop
Tuesday, July 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
It's impossible that it was caused by non-Alpinid admixture, because my body type and face is completely Alpinid. I reach 1.85 cm, and the most common height among Alpinids is 1.70 cm, According to 60 year old literature maybe. The average heigth of people generally has risen during the last decades.

Evolved
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Most of the racial info being used on this site and others is 60-70 years old, when it was believed all physical traits were genetic or racial. Improved nutrition during childhood has caused people in developed nations to grow progressively taller. I noticed in Hungary how short the elderly people were, especially in the countryside. I'm very short (1.49m) and was surprised to see men and women who came up to my shoulder on frequent occasions. If you go back 900 years, the average adult Hungarian male was 1.62m. And anyway, the 1.70m figure for Alpines was reached by averaging, so a "pure" Alpinid could still be tall or short.

Agrippa
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
And anyway, the 1.70m figure for Alpines was reached by averaging, so a "pure" Alpinid could still be tall or short.

Thats even more true for Alpinoids, since Alpinisation is rather a process and like you can imagine a process doesnt influence everyone equally, so some being already very reduced and infantile, whereas others being still more robust and Cromagnoid, sharing just the brachycephaly and certain peculiarities. The variation inside of this spectrum could go forth or back, so in theory one could take an Alpinoid spectrum and on the long run produce either a basically Cromagnoid variant again or an extremely infantile one. And the variation inside of this spectrum is the base of such possibilities, since evolution just means in such cases just that those with certain traits have more surviving and again reproducing descendents in a given context.

However, I would largely make my judgement on your exact racial type and family background. F.e. if you had Dinarid or Nordid relatives, its quite likely that you got that trait from them, since your height is indeed a way of the mean. But to make an comparison, one can even find very tall Weddoids or Palaungids, though both being quite short people, sometimes as healthy variation and sometimes because of a pathological condition (like Akromegaly, Marfan-Syndrome etc.).