PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot named as Johor Hominid

Todesritter
Sunday, July 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
SOURCE: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Sunday/National/20060702085704/Article/index_html (http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Sunday/National/20060702085704/Article/index_html)

Bigfoot named as Johor Hominid

02 Jul 2006

JOHOR BARU: A website set up by local researchers of the Johor Bigfoot has named the elusive giant biped as the Johor Hominid.

The johorhominid.org website (http://johorhominid.org/) stated the Johor Hominid phenomenon was probably the most significant and mind-shattering discovery in anthropology.

Its founders, biodiversity researcher Vincent Chow and palaeoanthropologist Sean Ang, told the New Straits Times on Friday that evidence of the Johor Bigfoot compiled so far showed it was an unknown species of Homo erectus (a species of hominid believed to be an ancestor of modern humans that existed about two million to 400,000 years ago).

Ang said data compiled by Chow were "believable", adding that scientists could come face to face with a living species of prehistoric man.

Chow said the first mission of the website was to protect the Johor Hominid so that its conservation was guaranteed by the Government as a part of world heritage.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, July 3rd, 2006, 04:41 AM
This creature has been the talk at cryptozoology.com and cryptomundo.com for some time now. Apparently, a old guy who originally fought the British in the jungle in the 1950s stumbled across this community of bigfoot. He kept quiet for years but the story got out. The government got involved as did private researchers from Singapore led by Dr. Vincent Chow. There are many printed reports of these creatures. Some describe hair covered 9 foot giants who eat fruit and fish. Some say there are smaller hairless ones, and human looking people all living together and apparently interbreeding. These creatures appear to be more human than animal and so the Homo erectus survival theory has come into being. Two reports are due to be published soon. One by the government and one by Dr. Chow. Dr. Chow is going to be allowed to use three pictures--taken up close and personal-- in his book although Dr. Chow has not yet seen the creatures personally. There are many pictures but they remain unreleased. I hear the first book will be out in July.

nooneatall
Monday, July 3rd, 2006, 07:28 AM
So this is legit? I can only hope that it is as Iíve believed for some time that Aboriginal Australians and some S.E. Asians might have Erectus blood. This discovery could mark the beginning of the end for so many Liberal ideas.

Oswiu
Tuesday, July 4th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Is this the same as the Orang Pendek that I read an article about in the BBC Wildlife magazine about ten years age? The reporters then seemed generally open minded about its existence, though the descriptions seemed more chimp-like than homo.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 07:27 AM
No. The Orang Pendek is a much smaller, hairy creature which is probably related to the recent hobbits on Flores Island.

Oswiu
Wednesday, July 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
No. The Orang Pendek is a much smaller, hairy creature which is probably related to the recent hobbits on Flores Island.
How many cryptoprimates are there in the world?!? :-O

I think they're ghosts... ;)

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, July 6th, 2006, 06:42 AM
How many cryptoprimates are there in the world?!? :-O

I think they're ghosts... ;)

Certainly each continent has at least one. Now we even have "Polar men" from an SAS account of the Antarctic. In Southeast Asia there are many types of these things. You might try Ivan T. Sanderson's Abominable Snowmen, Legend Come To Life which has just been reprinted. Sanderson was a biologist.

Klegutati
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Is there any believable evidence out there anyway?:| :P

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 08:27 AM
This jsut in from www.cryptomundo.com
The pictures or at least some of them are frauds. A French hominidologist exposed the fraud which used some Australeopithicine recreation photographs from a TV program. Dr. Vincent Chow appears to be a victim as much as anybody else. The Johor Hominid website is now claiming a cave and a skull as evidence. Don't hold your breath any longer.