PDA

View Full Version : What are the French Considered to be?

Vlad Cletus
Tuesday, November 18th, 2003, 06:03 AM
What Sub-European Group are the French considered to be in? They have a large Medditerranean Coast.

There are many different European Ethnic groups residing in France, but what are the original French considered to be?

Don't make a big deal out of it If I made a mistake out of one of my statements in this post. ;)

cosmocreator
Tuesday, November 18th, 2003, 06:35 AM
The original French would be UP. That's where Cro Magnon man was found. He is named after the place Cro Magnon, France. After that were the Alpinids.

Louky
Tuesday, November 18th, 2003, 11:33 PM
France is considered Alpine (UP) country. Although the McCullough Nordish system, at http://www.nordish.com, lists France's Alpine population as 30% of the whole french and the Nordish as 35%, most of the Nordish population is mixed with Alpine to form the sub-Nordic type.

The Nordish population is concentrated in the north half, as you might expect, and the unmixed Alpinids are in the south half of the country. The Mediterranids predominate in the Mediterranean littoral and on the island of Corsica. There's also supposed to be a minor Dinaric element, but I have no information that tells me there's any region where Dinarids are predominate.

Marduk
Wednesday, November 19th, 2003, 11:31 AM
As a French, I a agree with thoses evaluations.