PDA

View Full Version : Thorrs Hammer

Ewergrin
Tuesday, November 18th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Just wanted to open a few eyes to this band. Although currently disbanded, they were one of the best doomo/sludge bands around, and in fact one of the only "nordic" bands in the genre. Fronted by a very blonde, very nordic, very 17 Runhild Gammelsaeter, this blonde beauty shocked many with her unbelievable growls and enchanting clean vocals. The only album they released, an EP, entitled Dommedagsnatt absolutely crushes the listener. One simply must listen to this to believe it.

Shortly after releaseing that EP, Runhild moved back to her home in Norway to finish school. Word has it, however, that she has moved back to Seattle to finish schooling, and there are talks of a Thorburnrs Hammer reunion.

Norge (http://www.southern.net/southern/band/THORS/sounds/norge.mp3)

Tryggvi
Tuesday, November 18th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Just wanted to open a few eyes to this band. Although currently disbanded, they were one of the best doomo/sludge bands around, and in fact one of the only "nordic" bands in the genre. Fronted by a very blonde, very nordic, very 17 Runhild Gammelsaeter, this blonde beauty shocked many with her unbelievable growls and enchanting clean vocals.The range of her voice is absolutely breathtaking, and it is a very artistic recording, conveying the true spirit of Scandinavian Metal. Everyone has to listen to this. To my shame, I have to admit that I thought it is man's growl, until you told me that she is the only vocalist. ;)