PDA

View Full Version : Guns for sale?

Cpl Krauss
Wednesday, June 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
What kind of guns can be bought in Russia?

Haldís
Wednesday, June 21st, 2006, 10:47 PM
What kind of guns can be bought in Russia? This is not a Russian or Euro forum you know... I doubt that many people know anything about it.

Cpl Krauss
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 02:14 AM
That was a mistake, I've been researching Russia and had it stuck in my head I guess? I meant to ask...What kind of guns can be bought in Germany?

Haldís
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 02:50 AM
Germany's gun laws are much more stringent than America's.....

Cpl Krauss
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 03:01 AM
I'm sure thats true. But I'm also sure there are guns available?

Haldís
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 03:27 AM
More or less only for hunters and shooting clubs. You have to be 25 years of age. You are not allowed to carry them. Full autos are banned, most half-autos are banned, pump action guns are banned, and so are blackjacks, knuckles, etc. You even need a license to carry a soft air gun.

There is an article about it:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,825007,00.html

Rabenblut
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
You even need a license to carry a soft air gun.

There are differences too. U can carry a Soft Air which is for People of 14 Years but you cant carry a Soft Air for People of 18 years.

Sorry for my english, i hope you can understand it. :|

L.O.K.I.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Germany's gun laws are much more stringent than America's.....

Yay, thats right, but I think its better, if gun laws are strinent!

Cpl Krauss
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
We have an old saying in the U.S..."If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns." Even if there ever becomes a ban here, there are millions of unregistered weapons. These laws that restrict the private citizen do nothing for the criminals...they'll always have guns.

Österreich
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Comrade, that´s true - wise words your speak.
I´m from Austria and we do have the same problem as in Germany.
I really yould like to have a gun by my side and don´t know how to get it. Also I don´t want to visit a ****** at a train station and get an old Russian weapon - I want a clock.

Haldís
Friday, June 23rd, 2006, 08:17 AM
Yay, thats right, but I think its better, if gun laws are strinent!
How come?

symmakhos
Friday, June 23rd, 2006, 08:53 AM
What kind of guns can be bought in Russia?

Almost any kind. In St Petersburg there are special military stores who sell machine guns and similar. I'm not sure, but I suspect you have to show documents of license and such, at least in theory. It may be illegal for foreigners to buy, I've never tried myself.

Linguste
Friday, June 23rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
What kind of guns can be bought in Germany?

That is only possible if you own a hunting license or if you are in a shooting club. A hunting license is very expensive (about 1000 euros) and the exam is very hard, you have to know really everything about plants, animals and weapons. I think in a shooting club you can get a gun only after a few years membership. It's really hard to get a gun in germany.

:thumbdown