PDA

View Full Version : The Atlanto-Mediterranid origin?

Digitalseal
Tuesday, June 20th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Coon stated that the Atlanto-Mediterranid type forms the principal element in the population of North Africa, but he also wrote some incorrect things, like it's a minority in Iberia and Italy which is untrue.

Northern Africa had indigenous Cro-Magnon-Afalou inhabitants in the late Pleistocene, which then latter had the company of South-Mediterranid peoples or proto-Mediterranids. The results of these pre-historic mixes may be the origin of the Atlanto-Mediterranid type and the Berberid, but the berberids having more Aflaou admixture.

This could be the reason of their enormous height and large-skulls, their all Cro-magnon characteristics.

Their descendants would then later migrate to South and West Europe and Western Asia.

Celt-Iberian
Wednesday, June 21st, 2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the info! I got classified as Med-Atlantid when I posted a picture here and since then I have wondered about their origins.

Here
Wednesday, June 21st, 2006, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the info! I got classified as Med-Atlantid when I posted a picture here and since then I have wondered about their origins.

Atlanto-meds are common in Spain, British Islands, France, Italy. Well, mostly all over Western Europe. And they are a mix between Nordids and meds like all the Atlantid types.

Agrippa
Wednesday, June 21st, 2006, 01:53 AM
The main difference between Gracil- and Atlantomediterranid as well as Pontid forms is size, ligher pigmentation just secondary and not always being true. I'd assume that more robust, larger Mediterranid forms came up mainly because of a selective pressure in that direction, same is true for the Gracilmediterranid forms. The border is very fluent too. The exact origin can be mainly traced back for a certain area with some speculation being involved, f.e. for typical Atlantomediterranids of Spain. Atlantomediterranids in general are not the simple result of a gracile Mediterranid and Nordid mixture, but such mixtures can produce similar results so to say, whereas a stronger Nordid influence or Atlantomediterranid-Nordid mixtures produce Atlantid/Nordatlantid phenotypes.
More robust, larger sized leptodolichomorphic groups can be found in many regions, one has not to trace them all back to Nordid in the narrower sense, in some areas even the opposite might be true...