PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality and Christianity...

Klegutati
Sunday, June 11th, 2006, 10:26 PM
What is the relation between Chrisitanity and Homosexuals? Does God accept homosexuals?:|

Galaico
Sunday, June 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM
What is the relation between Chrisitanity and Homosexuals? Does God accept homosexuals?:|
Well I don't know what God thinks, the Catholic Church accepts homosexuals but condemns the practice of homosexuality.

Mannerheim
Sunday, June 11th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I saw this tv-programme last week when this guy tried to be in homosexual society 1 month and figure it out their customs and lifestyle.

Morgan Spurlocks tv show(Super size me guy)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437696/

Gays had even their own church. :-O

Final result was that homosexuality was a sin and it was forbidded and comdemned many parts in bible.

So homosexuality is not accepted in christianity imo.

Klegutati
Wednesday, June 14th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Thank You, I myself am bisexual, but I do reject it and I have acted upon my homosexuality once, but I am trying to cope with it. Actually, I recently read Romans 1:27. Check it out it is for real. Thanks again.:thumbup

NIV:
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

The Message:
26-27 Worse followed. Refusing to know God, they soon didn't know how to be human either—women didn't know how to be women, men didn't know how to be men. Sexually confused, they abused and defiled one another, women with women, men with men—all lust, no love. And then they paid for it, oh, how they paid for it—emptied of God and love, godless and loveless wretches.

Susisaari
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM
What is the relation between Chrisitanity and Homosexuals?

Who cares? Christianity is meaningless Jewish folklore.

Galaico
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Sorry for the "thanked post", I was just trying to quote you.

Christianity has been the most fierce enemy of Judaism.

Susisaari
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Sorry for the "thanked post", I was just trying to quote you.

Christianity has been the most fierce enemy of Judaism.

Christianity is a branch of Judaism.

Galaico
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Christianity is a branch of Judaism.
No my friend, Christianity is the continuation of the Mosaic religion, while Judaism is the perverted continuation, the Talmudic religion.

Susisaari
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 08:55 PM
No my friend, Christianity is the continuation of the Mosaic religion

AKA Judaism.

Duh!

Galaico
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 10:07 PM
AKA Judaism.

Duh!
Once again, no. Judaism was born with the Talmud not with the Torah.

nicholas
Saturday, June 17th, 2006, 07:10 PM
God is far beyond the petty morals of man and his spiritual ignorance.

Waarnemer
Saturday, June 17th, 2006, 07:49 PM
God is far beyond the petty morals of man and his spiritual ignorance.
god is a concept invented by man so any morals spreading from it are human, influenced and determined by environment, time and (local) circumstances

nicholas
Saturday, June 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
god is a concept invented by man so any morals spreading from it are human, influenced and determined by environment, time and (local) circumstances

I disagree but you're welcome to your opinion.

Susisaari
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Once again, no. Judaism was born with the Talmud not with the Torah.

Your statement is totally inconsistent with the normal usage of the term Judaism.

Janus
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 08:43 PM
What the hell is that?In every and I mean EVERY thread concerning a question about the christian feith those trolls come telling everybody how bad christianity is.I'm not a christ but this is simply pathetic.If you do not believe in it and do not want to discuss aspects of it in a proper manner do simply not go in the subforum "Christianity"!

Jäger
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM
If you do not believe in it and do not want to discuss aspects of it in a proper manner do simply not go in the subforum "Christianity"!
I just click "New Posts" and read the thread titles, I don't go specifically in this subforum.

Btw., I don't like chirstianity :)

Waarnemer
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 09:01 PM
What the hell is that?In every and I mean EVERY thread concerning a question about the christian feith those trolls come telling everybody how bad christianity is.I'm not a christ but this is simply pathetic.If you do not believe in it and do not want to discuss aspects of it in a proper manner do simply not go in the subforum "Christianity"!
at least my post was on topic, i spoke about christianity and its morals and explained the construction of the later, you on the other hand have nothing to offer, congratulations

Janus
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 09:12 PM
at least my post was on topic, i spoke about christianity and its morals and explained the construction of the later, you on the other hand have nothing to offer, congratulations
You were just as less on topic as I was.
Useful analogy involving cars to explain it to you: If somebody asks if it's ok for his new Volkswagen to refuel with normal petrol instead of super-petrol and you say that Volkswagen are crap it is NOT on topic.

And to say something to the topic: Both the old (quite much) and the new testament (not that much) are against homosexuality but according to Jesus' teachings of forgiving you should not be punished much if you were righteous (of course only if Christianity is right).

@Jäger: The subforum is normally shown in the most right coloumn of the new posts page ;)

symmakhos
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 09:23 PM

I agree. Missionaries are extremely tiresome, whether they are Christian or atheist. Christians do not, as far as I have seen, extend their mission to the Atheist section of Skadi, and there is accordingly no need for atheist dogma in the Christian one. Waarnemer's post was on the level of "Jesus is the Lord, hallelujah".

Waarnemer
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 10:24 PM
You were just as less on topic as I was.
Useful analogy involving cars to explain it to you: If somebody asks if it's ok for his new Volkswagen to refuel with normal petrol instead of super-petrol and you say that Volkswagen are crap it is NOT on topic.

And to say something to the topic: Both the old (quite much) and the new testament (not that much) are against homosexuality but according to Jesus' teachings of forgiving you should not be punished much if you were righteous (of course only if Christianity is right).

@Jäger: The subforum is normally shown in the most right coloumn of the new posts page ;)
i spoke about christianity and its morals, than explained the construction of the later, and since morals generally are still related and if not till a certain part the core of christian viewpoints concerning homosexuality,.. that's still on topic edited out

anyway i responded on nicholas describing the typical, fanatic christian denigrating humans philosophy

if you would know anything about christianity, you should know that it explicit has been written in the NT; homosexuals don't make it to heaven, no matter how many times the accepted jesus as personal savior doesn't matter anymore, you're still doomed like shit

Southern Jarl
Monday, June 19th, 2006, 04:45 AM
if you would know anything about christianity, you should know that it explicit has been written in the NT; homosexuals don't make it to heaven, no matter how many times the accepted jesus as personal savior doesn't matter anymore, you're still doomed like shit

Can't speak for other Christians, but at least in Catholicism if you repent of your sins God is always willing to forgive you. You can always have access to heaven if you keep your state of "grace" (you have to die in state of Grace to go to Heaven). There are two types of grace: Ordinary and Extraordinary. You receive the first one after being absolved from your sins (through confession). You lose your state of Grace by committing a mortal sin (and you regain Grace through confession). The Extraordinary Grace is bestowed upon you by God without you knowing. By this I mean that He chooses whether to give it to you or not. So, for example, if you don't have ordinary Grace when you die, but God had given you extraordinary grace, you don't go to Hell. That's a reason why people of other religions aren't necessarily doomed to Hell.
The homosexual act itself is considered a grave sin, therefore active homosexuality is condemned by the Church, but if a homosexual remains chaste or repents of his sins, he isn't doomed (at least not because of his homosexuality).

Slå ring om Norge
Monday, June 19th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Of course. But could it be that Jesus was homosexual himself?
Primary the gnostics claims that he had a sexlife, with the former? prostitute Maria Magdalena. But if they are wrong, perhaps his sexlife was with some of the disciples?

Are there any indications that Jesus had sexual relations to his disciples?

Galaico
Monday, June 19th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Of course. But could it be that Jesus was homosexual himself?
Primary the gnostics claims that he had a sexlife, with the former? prostitute Maria Magdalena. But if they are wrong, perhaps his sexlife was with some of the disciples?

Are there any indications that Jesus had sexual relations to his disciples?
Is that the plot of Dan Brown's next novel or is it another New Age XIX century Gnostic stupidity?