PDA

View Full Version : Which Nordish Sub-Race is the Most Identifiable?

Fionn
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Of all the Nordish sub-races which one is the quickest and easy to identify? For me I think the Borreby type is rather easy to identify.

Tryggvi
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Norid.

Thruthheim
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I clicked Keltic Nordic, but mainly due to it being the most "identifiable" white sub-type. As popularised due to American and British film, comedy etc.

Galaico
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I voted for Brünn. You only need to find a very Irish looking person ;) .

What I usually find harder, are the Skando-Nordid and Faelid in Northern Europe, including their intermediates Trönder and Anglo-Saxon, as there's a lot of mixture between these sub-races.

vingul
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Imo, "Brünn" is the most specific, most idiosyncratic of the types in question. Can't miss 'em.

Digitalseal
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Since when are Cromagnid types considered Nordid?

Thruthheim
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
What does Blood Axis not understand by "sub-race is the most idenitifiable", not sub-races ;) :P

Thruthheim
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Who said they were? But i see Troender and Anglo Saxon as pretty much Nordid, Just more robust ;)

Weg
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Norid (Light Dinarid)? Shouldn't it be Noric (Nordic-Dinaric) rather?

vingul
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Nordish, the para-term, not Nordid, the specific anthropological type.

vingul
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Norid (Light Dinarid)? Shouldn't it be Noric (Nordic-Dinaric) rather?

Same thing, just with the appropriate typological consistency of an -id-suffix (cf. Nordic/Nordid, Alpine/Alpinid, Mediterranean/Mediterranid, Dinaric/Dinarid).

Blood_Axis
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
What does Blood Axis not understand by "sub-race is the most idenitifiable", not sub-races ;) :P
In that case, you should not have made the poll multiple choice ;)

Thruthheim
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 03:35 PM
In that case, you should not have made the poll multiple choice ;)

I didn't make the poll ;)

Lissu
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I voted all Nordid types, even though Norid and Keltic Nordid are sometimes a bit difficult for me to distinguish from each others, perhaps because dinarid is not so familiar to me and it's the other component in these sub-types.

As for these UP+Nordid types with various mixes, it may not be so easy to distinguish them from each others, except perhaps the Irish Brünn type which stands out pretty much everywhere :D

Weg
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Brünn but also Baltid (the exoticness helps).

Lissu
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Brünn but also Baltid (the exoticness helps).Oh? What's exotic in Baltid? ;) For me North-Atlantid is pretty exotic :D

Fionn
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Somebody just asked me in a PM to "explicate the distinguishing feature[s] that facilitate their classification". Not a problem because he seems to be just learning about classifying. (I'm still learning myself, actually ;) )

I chose the Borreby because of the highly brachycephalic head form and the very broad forehead. The back part of the skull is rather vertical and often flattened. The large body always plays in role in identifying them for me as well.

vingul
Sunday, June 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
The back part of the skull is rather vertical and often flattened.

Occipital flattening is not actually a universal Borreby feature, but it is not uncommon either. It seems that Borreby brachycephaly is primarily a product of great breadth, and not so much of small length.

Loge
Wednesday, June 7th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Norid

Weg
Wednesday, June 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Oh? What's exotic in Baltid? ;) For me North-Atlantid is pretty exotic :D

Their face is. "Exotic" should not be seen as pejorative here, though. :)