PDA

View Full Version : Moscow considers kissing ban

Loki
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3252315.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38946000/jpg/_38946669_kissingbody203.jpg

Moscow considers kissing ban

The ban aims to raise levels of public morality - the newspaper says
Moscovites caught kissing in public places could be fined if city authorities pass a new law currently under consideration, according to a Russian newspaper.
The kissing ban could even extend to lawfully wedded spouses, Stolichnaya Vechernyaya Gazeta reported.

Quoting unnamed sources, it said the plan was aimed at raising levels of public morality in the Russian capital.

The newspaper added that "particularly blatant cases could even lead to a spell of temporary detention in jail".

It said that if approved the new regulations would be introduced earlier next year.

Kiss appeal

The newspaper quoted a city education official, Tatyana Maskimova, as saying that travellers in the Moscow underground were in particular indulging in lax behaviour.

"Our children are getting love lessons all day long from what they see around them," Ms Maksimova said.

Human rights campaigner and a leading member of Russia's Democratic Union party, Valeriya Novodvorskaya said she would defy the ban if the new bill is introduced.

"Introducing a ban on kissing is really taking things to the Orwellian level of an anti-sexual league and capital punishment for the offence," Ms Novodvorskaya told Echo Moskvy radio station.

"However, if this is not a joke and the mayor's office is indeed drafting such a resolution, I will from now on spend my days kissing in public places - simply out of principle.

"The moment I see a nice person I know, I will immediately kiss them - even if I don't feel like it. I invite all other Moscovites to do the same," Ms Novodvorskaya added.

Taras Bulba
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I don't know; on one hand I can agree with the intent of this bill, and believe me when I visited Russia I saw some real bawdy kissing done in public. But on the other hand kissing has always been a valued Russian greeting, although theres a big difference between bawdy kissing and the simple kiss on the cheek.

I know in schools, kissing between students is banned and I have no problems with that. Especially when seeing all the stuff I witnessed in High school!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:47 PM
If men that look like that guy in the picture are to be kissed, then good! :puke

Taras Bulba
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:53 PM
If men that look like that guy in the picture are to be kissed, then good! :puke

Well you're in luck! Most Russian(indeed Slavic) men are much more handsome than that ugly f*ck. Take me for example! ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I need proof of that, Pushkin. Let's see how kissable you are. :D

Pomor
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:58 PM
"The moment I see a nice person I know, I will immediately kiss them - even if I don't feel like it. I invite all other Moscovites to do the same," Ms Novodvorskaya added."

This lady Novodvorskaya is very famous for here comments on almost every major event, and she always saying things in contrary to the official position. She was put in prison several times, but seems like nothing can cure her. She is very anti-communistic and I sympathize with some of her views, but the question is:
would you kiss her?

http://www.orc.ru/pics/cafe/novodvorskaya.jpg

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:02 PM
She is a :pig

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:10 PM
However! If Alexander Godunov, the most beautiful man to ever live (second only to my mate who reads this forum often :D), were to magically come back to life, I'd be kissing him up and down every street in Moscow no matter the law! That would totally be worth prison.

:2girls

Taras Bulba
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:12 PM
She is a :pig

Tell me about it! I feel very sorry for her because she is so ugly, but I feel ever sorrier for myself because I have to look at her.

Pomor
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Tell me about it! I feel very sorry for her because she is so ugly, but I feel ever sorrier for myself because I have to look at her.

I can only imagine all my countrymen rolling on the floor laughing when she said that. When she is on TV it is like some funny show, especially when she is arguing with some politicians. The thing is that she is very smart, so she makes opponents look like complete idiots.

Loki
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM
, but the question is:
would you kiss her?

I might accept a reasonable bribe. :ehm

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:34 PM
I might accept a reasonable bribe. :ehm
Whore. :D

Nordhammer
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM

Yeah, he's not European, some swarthy Asiatic type. They should ban all nonEuropean and nonwhite kissing.

Loki
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 09:05 PM
I doubt the guy in the picture is Russian. The female might be, though. The guy looks Turkic or something similar. Surely one of the ethnic minorities of Russia.

Evolved
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 12:54 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38946000/jpg/_38946669_kissingbody203.jpg

Get a room you two! :stop

(He looks Armenian to me, and an ugloid if I ever saw one.)

"The moment I see a nice person I know, I will immediately kiss them - even if I don't feel like it. I invite all other Moscovites to do the same," Ms Novodvorskaya added.

In that case I'm glad I'm no Moscovite and don't know her. :sick

Is it really that bad, Russians are playing tonsil hockey and groping one another publicly in the streets? I think it's childish and gross. I know in Hungary people like drop their clothes in the summer months and get amorous outside in a secluded area every once in awhile.. ahem.. :naughty :hush