PDA

View Full Version : The face of our ancestral mother

Loki
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 06:10 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/realeve/face/face.html

Face of The Real Eve...

Reconstructing an Ancient Past

You are looking at the reconstructed face of one of the oldest-known modern humans, a woman who lived perhaps 100,000 years ago. She may be a member of the population that gave rise to all anatomically modern Homo sapiens, who migrated and survived out of Africa.

Facial reconstruction expert Richard Neave of Manchester, England, created this three-dimensional representation from the cast of the skull uncovered in the Qafzeh cave in Israel in 1969. The cast was provided by the Natural History Museum of London.

Rebuilding the features of a human face from skeletal remains is "done in anatomical way," says Neave. "It's a bit like dissection in reverse ... I used a soft wax and just re-created over the surface of the skull all the facial muscles. The eyes were inserted and all the basic underlying muscular structure was rebuilt over the face."

The result is the reconstructed face of a woman who lived relatively close — geographically and chronologically — to the African "real Eve." Her visage may give us a glimpse of what the genetic relative of all humans may have looked like.

"There are always areas of uncertainty," says Neave. "We don't know the shape of the ears, the tip of nose, the line of vermilion of the lips ... We do know the basic proportions of the face, whether the lips protruded forward or not, whether the eyes sloped upwards or downwards."

Neave reiterated that this woman, known scientifically as "Qafzeh 9," was truly modern, and was anatomically and evolutionarily no different from humans alive today.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/realeve/face/gallery/eve_head2_vzoom.jpg

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/realeve/face/gallery/eve_head3_vzoom.jpg

Pomor
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 06:33 PM
How do they know that the real Eve lived in this particular tribe or even in this particular place? 'She may be a member of a population' doesn't sound like a very scientific statement to me.

http://www.heretical.com/science/rafonda1.html

"The age of the human species has lately been estimated at between 150,000 and 250,000 years, based on studies of mitochondrial DNA. Those estimates were based on the assumption of clonal transmission of the mtDNA, and the cited studies invalidate that (Awadalla et al., 1999; Hagelberg et al., 1999; Eyre-Walker et al., 1999), but we do not know by how much the dates are off. Eyre-Walker has proposed that "Eve" may have lived twice as long ago as current estimates.4 If there were bottlenecks subsequent to a mtDNA replacement event, which wiped out older lines, it would seem that the sweep occurred more recently than it really did. Our few thousands of ancestral pairs could have occupied an area as small as Rhode Island and would have faced many natural catastrophes in their long period of isolation"

Pomor
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 06:36 PM
In other words they found a 100.000 years old Negress and claim that she is the real Eve. Hilarious.

Loki
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 06:49 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/realeve/ask/ask.html#changed

Q: I have been hearing about this for years, and finally The Real Eve gives me some kind of detail and confirmation. What I still don't understand is how humans physically changed during the migration from Africa to the Americas. How could we physically and genetically change from dark hair and dark skin to finer hair and paler skin?

A: In evolutionary terms, changes of skin and hair color are relatively minor events and can take place in a population over a period as short as 20,000 years. Other animal species can also show enormous differences in skin and hair pigmentation; for instance, the black panther is just a black or "melanistic" leopard. Our skin color is controlled by rather few genes. These produce melanin, a brown pigment. The normal or original state for modern humans is probably black because melanin protects against the harmful effects of the sun in the tropics. The melanin genes can mutate in various ways that stop our skin from making effective pigment. In northern Europe and northern Asia, this is beneficial, because too much melanin in a low-sun environment prevents production of vitamin D. Over thousands of years, people with paler skin survive better in the north and are "naturally selected" to survive. This is the most likely reason Europeans and northern Asians are pale-skinned.

Awar
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Is this the definitive word about pigmentation ( I think I agree with it ).

Anyway, how do they know what pigmentation she had?
Perhaps she had this paleo-negroid phenotype, but I think they can't really know her skin-color. :)

cosmocreator
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I don't believe the Eve theory. I'm a multi-regionalist. I think the reason this Eve theory exists is to attempt to validate the Bible -- Jewish and Christian. The Eve theory is wrong and so is the Bible.

Loki
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I don't believe the Eve theory. I'm a multi-regionalist. I think the reason this Eve theory exists is to attempt to validate the Bible -- Jewish and Christian. The Eve theory is wrong and so is the Bible.

I would be inclined to agree with you, if I had a better grasp of genetics. We get fed a lot of info that genetics "prove" the Out of Africa theory & African Eve theory. But ordinary people like us cannot really say whether the geneticists got it right or not... :|

I guess we'll have to wait for further research. I definitely don't think my female ancestor 80,000 years ago looked like this gorilla of a negress.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:32 PM
That must be a joke. C'mon!

She is our genetic mother. Cleopatra was a Negress. Jefferson had an affair with his Negress slave. Suuuure. There's no agenda behind this, right? :nut

Stríbog
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:36 PM
She's got fricking red eyes. I guess Negroes 100,000 years ago were into drug use as much as Negroes today are. :D

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 08:44 PM
She's got fricking red eyes. I guess Negroes 100,000 years ago were into drug use as much as Negroes today are. :D
:rofl @ Stríbog

Does anyone believe that Gawd, in his infinite wisdom, would have created that as our first kin? Surely even Gawd had some aesthetic notions!

Mandible
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 09:02 PM
( Newbie here) Would like to see photos of skull. I tend to think nature comes up with attractive creatures when left to its own devices. (without the mongrelism of disparate breeds) I don't buy this.

Ewergrin
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Oddly enough, that very woman sells her mouth to locals in the neighborhood I work in for a measley $3 or a pack of cigarettes.
:puke

Grimr
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 09:26 PM
So after 100,000 years the Negro hasn't changed at all??? Not even after all the white blood that has been put into their gene pool? My god! If that doesn't prove White supremacy as a true law of nature I don't know what will...

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, November 9th, 2003, 10:06 PM
So after 100,000 years the Negro hasn't changed at all??? Not even after all the white blood that has been put into their gene pool? My god! If that doesn't prove White supremacy as a true law of nature I don't know what will...
Ha-ha! :lmao

Nihilist
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 08:06 AM
is it just me or she hideously unattractive? :stop :throwup

Scoob
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 08:41 AM
http://ghettotimes.com/convergence/realeve/face/face.html[/url]

Face of the Real Eve...

Reconstructing a New Realness from an Ancient Afrikan Past

http://shirleyqliquor.com/mpc/docs/images/shirleysmoke.gif?1068388189023"Shameeka 9" discovers Fire

You are looking at the reconstructed face of one of the oldest-known modern humans, a woman who lived perhaps 100,000 years ago in the Hood. She have been preserved and recreated through the miracle of Kool Whip and Electro-Shock Therapy. She may be a member of the population that gave rise to all anatomically modern Homo sapiens, who migrated and survived out of Afrikah.

Facial reconstruction expert and player La'rangelo Laquan Leroy "Bookie" Slips III of Harlem, NY created this three-dimensional representation from the cast of the skull uncovered in the Martin Luther King Blvd in June 1999. The cast was provided by the Natural Melanin Science Museum of Blackness.

Rebuilding the features of a human face from skeletal remains is "done in anatomical way," says Slips. "It's a bit like dissection in reverse ... I used some quick-set Jello pudding, some leftover hot wings, and some nail polish to re-created over the surface of the skull all the facial muscles. And then I plugged her into the toaster and she woke up and started axing me for a cigarette. I learnt all about that in the Benjamin Banniker School of Cosmetology and Ebonics."

The result is the reconstructed face of a woman who lived relatively close — geographically and chronologically — to the African "real Eve." Her visage may have been done give us a glimpse of what the genetick relative of all humans may have look like.

"There always be areas of uncertainty," says Slips. "We don't know the color of her eyeshadow, what kind of weave she wore, or how she had her nails did... We do know the basic proportions of the face, whether the lips protruded forward or not, whether the eyes sloped upwards or downwards. But what we can be pretty sure of is that she was a Sistah and she was fierce! But she need to get her own money for cigarettes."

Slips reiterated that this woman, known scientifically as "Martin Lufa Keeng Blvd 9," or "Shameeka 9" for short, was truly modern, and was anatomically and evolutionarily no different from humans alive today in the Hood.

Glenlivet
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 01:46 PM
That depiction reminds me of Gloria Foster aka the Oracle in The Matrix: Revolutions (3). I just saw it yesterday, not a bad movie with some existentialistic touch. It is interesting to see the overrepresentation of Negroids in leading roles.

is it just me or she hideously unattractive? :stop :throwup

Evolved
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 02:31 PM
I think they just made a model of the average black crackwhore face, you can find similar looking women at bus stops and liquor stores all over the Detroit area. :D

Matrix is a multicultural Star Wars. They made a obvious conscious effort to add more negroes to the second, so the third has probably even more. I like how their homeland is called "Zion" and it's full of negroes playing voodoo music and dancing around like retards. As if the hyperintelligent people able to 'free their minds' would be so black. I think I'd prefer to be a battery for the Matrix, really. ;)

Nihilist
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 02:37 PM
That depiction reminds me of Gloria Foster aka the Oracle in The Matrix: Revolutions (3). I just saw it yesterday, not a bad movie with some existentialistic touch. It is interesting to see the overrepresentation of Negroids in leading roles.

hah! i was thinking the exact same thing. Indeed it vexed me so much that it detracted my attention away from the story. Virtually all the bad guys in that film appeared white, while the all the good guys(particularly in zion) were mud.
They also depicted the only white kid in the film as feeble and incompetent, and all his superior black officers who seemed to regularly assail him as stout and wise.

...Infact I can only think of 4 white characters throughout the film who were on the "good" side - I guess it serves as a bit of an admonition of the future if we don't do anything to avert it from happening now.

Nordhammer
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Only the first Matrix was any good. The 2nd and 3rd, as one reviewer put it, are just one long fight scene. More about how far they can push CGI than anything else. It's way, way too Negroid. And despite what most people believe Keanu is not white. The only character I like is Agent Smith. :) "Mr. Anderson..."

Neave reiterated that this woman, known scientifically as "Qafzeh 9," was truly modern, and was anatomically and evolutionarily no different from humans alive today.

Yes, no different than Negroids alive today.

The thing is, if the only thing that changed was pigmentation, they might have an argument. But what about bone structure, what about maturation rates, what about brainsize and so many other differences? I don't think this African Eve is the final answer.

Nordhammer
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 04:23 PM
hah! i was thinking the exact same thing. Indeed it vexed me so much that it detracted my attention away from the story. Virtually all the bad guys in that film appeared white, while the all the good guys(particularly in zion) were mud.
They also depicted the only white kid in the film as feeble and incompetent, and all his superior black officers who seemed to regularly assail him as stout and wise.

...Infact I can only think of 4 white characters throughout the film who were on the "good" side - I guess it serves as a bit of an admonition of the future if we don't do anything to avert it from happening now.

It was written and directed by two Jews, what can you expect?

Scoob
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Only the first Matrix was any good. The 2nd and 3rd, as one reviewer put it, are just one long fight scene. More about how far they can push CGI than anything else. It's way, way too Negroid. And despite what most people believe Keanu is not white. The only character I like is Agent Smith. :) "Mr. Anderson..."

Yes, no different than Negroids alive today.

That was a typo. You need to read the real original version from the Ghetto Tymes up above. The original quote was:

'Slips reiterated that this woman, known scientifically as "Martin Lufa Keeng Blvd 9," or "Shameeka 9" for short, was truly modern, and was anatomically and evolutionarily no different from humans alive today in the Hood.'

Awar
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 11:20 PM
The Matrix 2 and 3 were crap, a big disappointment.

Wachowski's are JEWS? Are you sure?

cosmocreator
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 12:49 AM
The Matrix 2 and 3 were crap, a big disappointment.

Wachowski's are JEWS? Are you sure?

I think they're Polish.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 07:18 AM
The pigmentation in this reconstuction is all make-believe. These were glacial times and Palestine was closer to the ice cap than Germany is today.

I don't care what her personality was like, this woman would have had to have been a whore in order to get a chance at reproduction---a whore among blind men. No, she was not the ancestral mother, she was a sideline, she was the ancestral whore.

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 08:54 AM
The pigmentation in this reconstuction is all make-believe. These were glacial times and Palestine was closer to the ice cap than Germany is today.

I don't care what her personality was like, this woman would have had to have been a whore in order to get a chance at reproduction---a whore among blind men. No, she was not the ancestral mother, she was a sideline, she was the ancestral whore.

Wel, during the Last Glaciation there was a pertinent reduction in solar radiation, and at our latitudes while the sunlights' angle was the same as today, but much more diluted in strenght.
Africa being victimized by dryness and aridity, while Europe had its impending spread of glaciers, the Levantine region would have become a refuge patch where Moderns and Neanderthalers met.

So goes the story.

And it's hoax.

Throughout the years of research and revaluating the bone material, ample proof of regional continuity of the same species has been accumulated, meaning we deal with a basically Europoid population, quite homogenious but also very differentiated.
Even to the contrary, the Middle Stone Age Africans beared a lot more modern European features, than any Negroe or Mulattoever can....

Johnny Reb
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Are there any good books to read on this subject that aren't tainted by political correctness?