PDA

View Full Version : First Pole dies in Iraq ambush

Übersoldat
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 04:16 PM
First Pole dies in Iraq ambush

The US has been facing daily guerrilla attacks
A Polish officer and two American soldiers have been killed in separate incidents in Iraq.
The Pole was the first fatality for the European state, which leads a 9,000-strong force in south-central Iraq.

He died after being shot in the neck in an attack on a military convoy at Al Mussayih, 40 km north of Karbala.

The deaths bring to 140 the number of US troops killed by hostile fire since President George Bush declared an end to major combat operations on 1 May.

Earlier US officials said that in Malmudiya south of Baghdad opposition forces had attacked a convoy on Wednesday night killing one soldier and wounding two more.

The second US soldier died when his truck hit a mine near the Huseybah border crossing with Syria on Thursday morning.

There were also reports that two rockets had been fired on Wednesday evening at a US operations centre in Samarra north of Baghdad.

No damage or casualties resulted from the attack.

The US and its allies have been facing daily guerrilla attacks and suicide bombings, prompting Washington to seek help from more countries in sharing the security burden in Iraq.

But it has had limited success, and the Pentagon is about to unveil plans to send thousands of fresh troops.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3246741.stm

:D

Bogatyr
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Are you saying that you're happy ZOG has sent Polish boys to die in Iraq?

Übersoldat
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Are you saying that your happy ZOG has sent Polish boys to die in Iraq?

No, I'm not happy that ZOG sent them there. I'm just happy that Iraqi nationalists are removing them again....one by one....

cosmocreator
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:31 PM
No, I'm not happy that ZOG sent them there. I'm just happy that Iraqi nationalists are removing them again....one by one....

http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/dance2.gif http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/cheers.gif http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/drunk.gif http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/dance2.gif

I can hardly await the next victory parade in Warsaw! Bwahaha ha ha ha!

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny dayyyyyyy......"

friedrich braun
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Just today I read in my newspaper that EU officials believe Poland to be too corrupt to join the EU. The most corrupt country in the new batch of prospective members.

NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME!

http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/dance2.gif http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/cheers.gif http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/drunk.gif http://www.enniscorthytown.com/gtchat/images/dance2.gif

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny dayyyyyyy......"

friedrich braun
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 10:46 PM
You always crack me Dr. Brandt! :D

"Next year in Warsaw"?

The eternal trek eastward continues... :platoon

It's our "manifest destiny". ;)

Loki
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 10:51 PM

"Next year in Warsaw"?

You guys can be glad Polak is on holiday or something. ;)

Bogatyr
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 11:14 PM

"Next year in Warsaw"?

Highly unlikely, considering the Germans are too whipped as a nation to even look anyone else in the eye for the past 50 years. For the most part, there's no patriotism, no pride, no nothing. There's only a subservience to Ordnung and quiet acquiescence as the Turks take your country. At least Poland doesn't suffer from that particular disease. And I say that as someone who knows Germans. I'm married to one -- one of the few who will stand up with any dignity.

Get your own house in order before you start marching on anyone else's, tough guy.

cosmocreator
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:58 AM
You guys can be glad Polak is on holiday or something. ;)

Why? What would he do? Behave like the polish army - that is to boast how great they are and then surrender? Ride a cavalry attack on a tank-brigade? :rotfl

Uhhhh - I'm scared! :rofl

friedrich braun
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 01:23 AM
...to boast how great they are and then surrender?"

:D :D :D :prost :joker :drsuess :clown

Bogatyr
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Yeah, well your glory days are long past, too, you know. You two can live inside your little Third Reich fantasies all you want, but that doesn't mean that the German nation has the backbone to invade anyone. The past is the past, gentlemen. At the present, Deutschland is spineless.

I, for one, would be glad to see you regain your former glory, but for now I just think you should concentrate on stopping Berlin from turning into "New Istanbul."

Bogatyr
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:36 AM
Why? What would he do? Behave like the polish army - that is to boast how great they are and then surrender? Ride a cavalry attack on a tank-brigade? :rotfl

Uhhhh - I'm scared! :rofl

So you think that courage in the face of death is laughable? I find it most admirable.

Would you do the same for your homeland? I doubt it. It's easy to talk tough on the internet, but what have you done while Ahmed and his three wives move into your neighborhood?

galvez
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:51 AM
So you think that courage in the face of death is laughable? I find it most admirable.

Would you do the same for your homeland? I doubt it. It's easy to talk tough on the internet, but what have you done while Ahmed and his three wives move into your neighborhood?

I for one am saddened that a Pole has fallen in this. I know the Poles and other Slavs are being used as mercenaries, because the politicians just want a better standing in the world after so many decades of communism. It's their way of trying to "prove" themselves.

Also, the anti-Polish jokes don't surprise me.

Bogatyr
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Also, the anti-Polish jokes don't surprise me.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the guys making them are just a couple of high-school kids with way too much time on their hands.

friedrich braun
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Polish "hero" comes home.

Notice the the Polish PM trotting out the well discredited WMD excuse as the reason Poles are in Iraq, as opposed to just saying that they're there as an occupation force along with the Jewnited States of Amerikwa.

World - Reuters

Poland's Iraq Doubts Grow After Soldier's Death
Fri Nov 7, 8:41 AM ET Add World - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Douglas Busvine

WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland's leaders faced tough questions on the troop deployment in occupied Iraq (news - web sites) on Friday from a nation preparing to bid a hero's farewell to the first Polish soldier killed there.

"Poland pays homage to a hero," read tabloid Fakt's front page, alongside a picture of Major Hieronim Kupczyk, a civil defense instructor killed in an ambush on Thursday. Kupczyk's funeral is on Monday.

Despite the fatality, Prime Minister Leszek Miller defended Poland's leadership of a 9,000-strong multi-national force which took control of central-southern Iraq in September.

"The threat of international terrorism, of regimes which have deadly weapons at their disposal and are prepared to use them...is a real one," Miller told public radio. "There is no country or place...which is immune to this threat."

But with U.S-led occupation forces under almost daily attack in Iraq, public opinion in NATO (news - web sites)-member Poland is more skeptical with a recent survey showing 57 percent of Poles opposing the mission and 37 percent supporting it.

Picking up on the mood, one opposition leader said Miller and President Aleksander Kwasniewski -- commander in chief of the armed forces -- should be held personally responsible for the soldier's death.

"This is an occupation," said Andrzej Lepper, leader of the populist Self-Defense party.

Miller embarks this weekend on a Middle East tour and will visit troops in Iraq on Tuesday -- Poland's independence day and a symbolic date in a country subjected to foreign domination for much of its modern history.

Polish leaders say their country's peaceful overthrow of communism in 1989 can serve as an example to Iraq in making the transition from dictatorship to democracy.

Chief of Staff General Czeslaw Piatas promised tactical changes to reduce threats to troops, but said Poland would not scale back its mission.

"This sad and painful incident will in no way change our involvement," he told a news conference.

(Additional reporting by Katarzyna Mala)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=574&e=28&u=/nm/20031107/wl_nm/iraq_poland_dc

cosmocreator
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Remarks edited. I think it is always a good idea to have respect for those who have perished, regardless of nationality ~ Regards, Loki

Pole says U.S. is not keeping its end of deal
10.11.2003 [00:46]

Posted on Sat, Nov. 08, 2003

WASHINGTON - A former Polish government official warned Friday that the United States is on the brink of alienating Central European allies who had hoped their support in Iraq would translate into better treatment overall by America.

In an editorial in the Washington Post, Radek Sikorski, former deputy minister for defense and foreign affairs, said dissatisfaction is welling in Central European nations over a variety of issues, including obtaining U.S. visas, modernizing their militaries and getting a fairer share of reconstruction work in Iraq.

"The new democracies risked the wrath of France and Germany, whose favors they need as they enter the European Union, and they backed up their words with deeds," Sikorski wrote. "... Surely, most believed, the United States would want to show that it pays to be America's friend. Now, it seems that Central Europeans will be disappointed."

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher replied: "The question is not so much the direct rewards, the immediate rewards, the immediate contracts. ... The question is whether this project as a whole is fundamentally in the interests of all of us. And the answer, I think, is yes."

But Sikorski said Poland and Bulgaria -- which once employed thousands of Iraqis to build roads, factories and electricity grids -- are "still on the sidelines as U.S. giants move in" to do the work. And U.S. help in bringing the countries' armies up to NATO standards has not materialized, Sikorski said.

There is also resentment over the fact that Central Europeans must pay for visas to enter the United States, while Americans can cross into their countries without one.

"If we are such good allies, they ask, why can't we enter the United States without visas, as the French or the Germans?" Sikorski wrote.

Poland has 2,400 soldiers in Iraq and commands a large part of south-central Iraq where about 9,500 troops of several nations help maintain security.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/nation/7214848.htm

Pomor
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 08:42 PM
HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! SUCKERS! Talk about DUMB POLAKS. :D

How goes that russian saying again? "He moans like a Polak". Well, here you have it:

I am Russian and I don't know this saying, sorry. And I don't find this situation about a killed Polish soldier particularly funny either...

Bogatyr
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 10:32 PM
I am Russian and I don't know this saying, sorry. And I don't find this situation about a killed Polish soldier particularly funny either...

Dr. Brandt and Friedrich Braun are a couple of internet warriors who would shit their pants at the first sign of combat. If it's so easy for them to sit here and boast about the death of Polish men, one would think they'd do something to save their own country from the Turkish invasion. Alas, there are far too many big mouths and not enough big hearts.

friedrich braun
Monday, November 10th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Dr. Brandt and Friedrich Braun are a couple of internet warriors who would shit their pants at the first sign of combat.

Well, you sound like a veritable internet bad-ass.

Lol! You don't know ANYTHING about me.

Where have I gloated about the Polish dead?

And what are the Poles doing in Iraq, pray tell? The Poles are Amerikwa's Trojan Horse in Europe, as such they're worthy of contempt.

The Poles are an oppressive and occupying force in the Iraq holding Jewnited States of Amerikwa's water. They've found themselves in this situation solely through greed, opportunism, and stupidity, i.e., they wanted to curry favour with ZOG/US with the hope of obtaining financial rewards from their Jew/Amerikwan masters, now that the said financial rewards appear to be a mirrage, or not as bountiful, the Poles are whining and complaining and expressing their anger and bitterness (which puts a lie to their past expressions of "humanitarianism"; in reality, the Poles could not care less about the Arabs).

Unfortunately for the Poles, by making a pact with the Devil, they have also made their own bed -- the time has come to lie in it.

Forgive me if I don't appear sympathetic enough.

Taras Bulba
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Despite the fact that I am of partial Polish decent, I think Friederich Braun does have somewhat of a point here(although I don't agree with him 100%). Personally I've always had a love-hate relationship with Poles and Poland. Usually on a cultural/social level I'm very much fond of them and get along with them well.

Its just in the geo-political field that I begin to become digusted with Poland, particularly how they always seem to suck up to the West especially against Russia. I do realize that Poland has ties to the West out of virtue of its Roman Catholic faith, but the levels to which they take this sometimes get ridiculas!

I love Poland, I love the Polish people, I want warmer relations between Poland and Russia/Ukraine. But I wish the Poles would choose better geo-political partners.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Dr. Brandt and Friedrich Braun are a couple of internet warriors who would shit their pants at the first sign of combat.

And I asume you are some sort of pumped up Rambo, who can charge tank units with his bare fists? Spare us your stupid tough talking. It doesn't impress anyone.

If it's so easy for them to sit here and boast about the death of Polish men, one would think they'd do something to save their own country from the Turkish invasion.

I'm not boasting - I'm GLOATING, I'm having my laughs. And I sure know what side I am on. On the side of Nationalism. If the Polaks go to Iraq to help the Jewnitedstates, then they deserve much worse.

Alas, there are far too many big mouths and not enough big hearts.

Yes, and you seem to be the King of them all!

Borivoj
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 02:41 PM

I don't consider the invasion of Poland, or the death of a soldier who died in a pointless war, funny. Why are you trying to insult the Polish people for the actions of their corrupted government? With your logic, I should start posting all kinds of insults toward the German people, since your government is allowing the country to turn into a second Turkey.

Well, at least no one will whine about how anti-Germanic this forum is :nope :)

It's nice to be back as well...there's been lots of changes!

Bogatyr
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Well, you sound like a veritable internet bad-ass.

I certainly don't claim to be a "bad-ass," but you've set yourself up as one by mocking the heroic Polish cavalry who rode out to face certain death for their homeland. Would you do the same for Deutschland?

I've experienced live-fire. Have you?

Lol! You don't know ANYTHING about me.

I know that you're a cocky prick who lives in a pathetic little Third Reich fantasy-land. You've made that much clear through your own words on this forum.

Where have I gloated about the Polish dead?

Try scrolling up in this thread and reading what you've written, genius.

And what are the Poles doing in Iraq, pray tell? The Poles are Amerikwa's Trojan Horse in Europe, as such they're worthy of contempt.

I agree that the Poles would do better to not attempt to curry favor with the American ZOG, nor should they be in Iraq. That's not what's at issue here. What offended me was your idiotic remarks about German eastward-expansion and the clear fact that you were gloating about Polish deaths, whether you try to back-peddle now or not.

Bogatyr
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 06:20 PM
And I asume you are some sort of pumped up Rambo, who can charge tank units with his bare fists? Spare us your stupid tough talking. It doesn't impress anyone.

Are you the biggest hypocrite here, or am I just imagining that you've been crowing about hosting "victory parades in Warsaw?" I'm simply pointing out that you and your countrymen are in no position to even begin contemplating victory parades, as long as the Turks are staging a succesful invasion of your lands. Turn your aggression inward, instead of gloating over something that happened over 60 years ago.

I'm not boasting - I'm GLOATING, I'm having my laughs. And I sure know what side I am on. On the side of Nationalism. If the Polaks go to Iraq to help the Jewnitedstates, then they deserve much worse.

Well, I'm not so shallow as to gloat over the ongoing Turkish victory over Germany. I find it regrettable when any White nation is being used for evil ends.

Yes, and you seem to be the King of them all!

You brought this on yourself by boasting -- yes, boasting -- that you'd soon be holding victory parades in Warsaw. While you're sitting here boasting so, I believe I can hear the sound of a new mosque being built in Dresden...

Loki
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 08:24 PM
I am locking this thread since it has the potential to get nasty.

Regards

Loki