PDA

View Full Version : A Short History of Prussia

friedrich braun
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 03:45 AM
German Preussen, Polish Prusy

In European history, any of certain areas of eastern and central Europe, respectively (1) the land of the Prussians on the southeastern coast of the Baltic Sea, which came under Polish and German rule in the Middle Ages; (2) the kingdom ruled from 1701 by the German Hohenzollern dynasty, including Prussia and Brandenburg, with Berlin as its capital, which seized much of northern Germany and western Poland in the 18th and 19th centuries and united Germany under its leadership in 1871; and (3) the Land (state) created after the fall of the Hohenzollerns in 1918, which included most of their former kingdom and which was abolished by the Allies in 1947 as part of the political reorganization of Germany after its defeat in World War II.

For the rest of the short history of Prussia, see http://www.hfac.uh.edu/gbrown/philosophers/leibniz/BritannicaPages/Prussia/Prussia.html

East Baltic

Etymology:

The lands on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea form the traditional home of the East Baltic racial type. This name, coined by Nordenstreng, has also been applied (by K. E. Schreiner, among others), mistakingly, to the totality of blond brachycephals in northern Europe.
Other names:
- Homo arcticus fennicus (Sergi)
- Osteuropid (von Eickstedt; includes the Neo-Danubian type)
- Subnordic (Deniker; includes the Neo-Danubian type)

Origin:
Stabilized but variable northeast periphery blend of Borreby and/or Fälish with Neo-Danubian and/or Ladogan racial type.

Description:
East Baltics are large-headed, blond sub-brachycephals (c.i. 80-83) of a composite type, among which may frequently be found individuals of strong Nordic, Ladogan, and Borreby affiliation. Although the East Baltic is a highly variable racial type, it is distinguished from other local types by an often quite easily recognizable phenotype.
East Baltics are large-bodied compared to their neighbors the Neo-Danubians, but they otherwise share a number of typically Ladogan traits with the latter: the round-tipped and snub nose, for which the East Baltic in particular has been noted; the often square-shaped face; the steep forehead; the rounded cranial vault. In addition to these features, East Baltics are commonly large- and broad-faced and wide-jawed, with laterally prominent malars, a Lappish-like Ladogan speciality which is only moderately developed in the Neo-Danubian type.
With regards to pigmentation, the East Baltic type as a whole is blonder than any typically Scandinavian population, and the combination of ash-blond hair and gray eyes seems to be a local specialty, one which is shared with the Neo-Danubians and with many relatively unmixed Ladogans. There exists, however, among the East Baltics a notable brunet faction not to be disregarded.

http://www.nordish.com/

A typical East Prussian female:

http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/bilder/theres~1.jpg

cosmocreator
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:32 PM
which seized much of northern Germany and western Poland in the 18th and 19th centuries

Ridiculous! That was and always willbe GERMAN LAND.

Slavic
Sunday, May 16th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Ridiculous! That was and always willbe GERMAN LAND.
Ridiculous! That was and always willbe Slavs LAND!

bocian
Sunday, May 16th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Ridiculous! That was and always willbe Slavs LAND!

Racja Bracie!

Mac Seafraidh
Saturday, May 22nd, 2004, 04:55 AM
Prußland Uber Alles Lol !!!

bocian
Saturday, May 22nd, 2004, 05:16 AM
http://www.fu-berlin.de/akip/preussenforum/spuren/Karte_high.gif
That is Prussia, and it is Germany. There is nothing Polish. Poland stole Germany the East and Middle Parts of Germany after WW1 und WW2. They are only thieves and robbed the whole country. And if you would habe been once there, you know the most people left are polish and look (after my opinion) terrible. There are few Germans left.

Prussia was a great country, the greatest part of German developing history.
But for writting about Prussia you do a terrible job.

NewHistory

As you can (hopefully) tell from these maps, already in the year 900 Slavs controlled large territory beyond the Odra/Oder. Slavic presence has always been significant, even today in modern-day Germany, after 1000 years of Germanization.

Ever hear of the Partitions of Poland? Read about it and tell me if you don't think that was robbery. Look at map 1800.

Also, just from looking at the maps, who seems to have been the aggressor historically?

The Teutonic knights were also 'invited' into Poland, and that land was never originally theirs.

bocian
Saturday, May 22nd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Prussians build up the area, what you call Polen today, what Germans call
"Posen, Pommern, Schlesien, Böhmen"

Sure, Germans came and built the whole country:insane . Actually Germans did build a lot in Western Poland, only because they were in control of those areas, until end of WW2. There are still Churches built by Poles dating from a 1000 yrs ago, standing in Wroclaw.

Germans lived there, they owned the country and they build churched, streets and schools. Without Prussians and the German people who moved their, it would
be the same as today: Full of lazy people and
"Haus und Hof verkommen" = nobody cares about anything anymore.

Full of lazy people? Care to stop these insults? Are you referring to the same lazy people that built Krakow, University there being founded in 1364, (before any German one) Warsaw and the rest of Poland?

Fredric the Great send foreign handworkes like the "hugenotten" to East Prussia, to make something out of it.

Foreign workers came from Poland and played a decisive role in the industrialisation of Kingdom Prussia in the 19th century. German's using foreign workers is well known and documented.

bocian
Saturday, May 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
http://www.coletta.de/kolonien/Die%20deutschen%20Staemme%20und%20Dialek te%20xxl.jpg

What years does this map represent?

The pink and red are the areas where the German language was spoken and were mostly Germans lived. If you go to the right, you see that many parts of the present Poland are German. German was earlier way more east, and is only the last 60 years so close in to middle Europe.

Yes Germany used to be way more East, as Poland used to be way more West.Poland's modern day borders resemble those of 1000 years ago.

So, it we speak about these areas, I see them as German parts. If we speak about Poland, we have to take the are where is written Poland

I don't think this map is very accurate. Maybe if showing speakers of a certain language, but it does not take into consideration Ethnicity or bilingualism.

I am sorry, I did not want to insult you in any way. Just the picture of the countryside today, let me feel unconfortable and angry, because it does not look the way, as it did under German influence.

What's wrong with the countryside today?

bocian
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:28 AM
And why do you take borders 1000 years ago? Then the Indians can have America back. The Negros could have the whole world, or then even Jews could have a right on Palestine.
You can not pick any date, which was the best time for you. You have to go after history and the people who live in the area.

Poles didn't just get up and decide to "annex" the land. Poland lost more land than they gained after WW2. Besides, they didn't draw up the 'new' Europe.

You think it was easy for the millions of Poles to relocate after the war from newly annexed Soviet land? Germans weren't the only misplaced people.

Why do I want to take back the borders 1000 years? Why do you want to take the borders back 60, 100 or 200 years? The simple fact of the matter is that you claimed that Poles stole something from Germans, which is false.
If you want, you can call it 'reclaiming' what was rightfully theirs.

You should thank the parties which decided the fate of Europe after the war, they weren't Poles.

The greatest crime in the history of Europe was the Partitioning of Poland, which German speaking people played no small part in. Why don't you call that theft? What about the expansionism of the Teutonic Knights? Wasn't that theft?

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Anyone can have dreams, it's reality that matters.
I sure hope Poles will have the strength and wisdom to keep their lands.

Odin Of Ossetia
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
The German map shown above, albeit it superficially looks very detailed and "accurate" shows several clear falsifications of the pro-German and pro-Russian sort.

1) While the German and Ukrainian enclaves, some of whom look very dubious like the alleged Ukrainian enclaves near Siedlce and the numerous ones in Moldavia, are done in meticulous detail, the large Polish enclave in and around Wilno/Vilna/Vilnius is non-existent. That's amazing!

2) The claim that Bialystok and the surrounding areas are majority Belarussian is plain ridiculous; these lands were mostly Polish. I guess because they were not part of the so-called Polish Kingdom, and therefore were thrown to the Belarussians.

3) The area of the Chelm Governorate, a large chunk of south-eastern Poland, while in reality mostly Polish, is shown as Ukrainian. During the last years of the Czarish rule the rabid Russian nationalists agitated to detach this governorate from the Polish Kingdom, what they actually did in 1913, and to justify their rapacious actions they made a mostly ethnic Polish area into an ethnic Ukrainian one (and by this token Ukrainians were supposed to have been "Little Russians" - an 18th century invention).

4) There are too many German enclaves in both Eastern Pomerania and Mazuria; thus, making both areas a bit more German than was the case in reality.

Check this contemporary German map:

http://www.antiqueprints.com/images/ag/e0596.jpg

Looks like one really biased and poorly done ethnographic map!

Nordgau
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 02:42 PM
4) There are too many German enclaves in both Eastern Pomerania and Mazuria; thus, making both areas a bit more German than was the case in reality.

Check this contemporary German map:

Looks like one really biased and poorly done ethnographic map!

Your second map rather shows only the closed German ethnic area with a few bigger language isles and not the German enclaves in such areas like the Kashubian or the Mazur.
Also it does and not even does the first map which was posted show the many of the very little ethnic German language isles in predominantly ethnic Polish area. I agree that many smaller or bigger ethnic Polish exclaves eastwards inj Belo-Russian etc. "disappeared" in that first map, but the same applies for many German isles east from the German main area.

I've got a giant map, made after researches which were made between 1844 and 1888 which shows extremely detailed - German as well as Polish, Belo-Russian, Ukrainian etc. areas and exclaves - that whole "east Central European" area, but that thing is too large to scan (and I also haven't got a scanner).

Odin Of Ossetia
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Your second map rather shows only the closed German ethnic area with a few bigger language isles and not the German enclaves in such areas like the Kashubian or the Mazur.
Also it does and not even does the first map which was posted show the many of the very little ethnic German language isles in predominantly ethnic Polish area. I agree that many smaller or bigger ethnic Polish exclaves eastwards inj Belo-Russian etc. "disappeared" in that first map, but the same applies for many German isles east from the German main area.

I've got a giant map, made after researches which were made between 1844 and 1888 which shows extremely detailed - German as well as Polish, Belo-Russian, Ukrainian etc. areas and exclaves - that whole "east Central European" area, but that thing is too large to scan (and I also haven't got a scanner).

It does not show any enclaves in these two areas because there were none!

Look carefully at this map and you will see that it shows the followng enclaves:

1) It shows one German enclave in eastern part of the region of Czechia.

2) It shows several tiny German enclaves in Moravia.

3) Shows one German enclave in Slovakia.

4) Shows one German enclave surrouned by ethnic Poles.

5) Shows two Polish/Kashub/Slovincian enclaves surrounded by ethnic Germans.

6) Shows a few Hungarian and/or Slovene enclaves, most tiny, in eastern Austria.

7) Shows two German (or Austrian :) ?) enclaves, one of them tiny, in Slovenia.

Why would this map go into the pain of showing these enclaves and not the others? This is especially true in the case of Moravia and some other areas where the enclaves shown are just tiny, where there all several German enclaves but all of these are tiny.

This map is both German and contemporary, and it is quite accurate. It does not show any German enclaves in the areas in question because there were none!

Here is the link again:

I also doubt your claim that many German enclaves "disappeared" on the German map shown in the post above.

Odin Of Ossetia
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 07:35 PM
By the way, have found some more:

The map also shows:

8) At least one tiney Czech enclave in southern Moravia.

9) Twot tiny German enclaves in Upper Silesia.

10) A whole bunch of tiny German enclaves in Belgium and France.

11) Two German enclaves in north-eastern Italy.

Again, most of these enclaves are very tiny, the makers of this map could very well have just ignored them, but they did not do it.

Here is the link to "my" map yet again:

I have also a Polish historical atlas of the world and it agrees with the linked map, but not with the map shown in the postings above. My comments on the "accuracy" of the Polish ethnic borders with both Belarussians and Ukrainians are also legitimate.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Prussians are a Baltic people, not Germanic. If anything, put them in the Slavic group.

Nordgau
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 11:50 PM
It does not show any enclaves in these two areas because there were none!

In Mazur e. g. there were German enclaves at the side of Wallendorf, at Neidenburg, at Ortenburg, at Hohendorf, just to name a few; In Kashubia e. g. Schönwalde or a few other very little "shrags"; in Upper Silesian e. g. Schulenburg, Guttentag, Königshuld or Rosenberg. In the province Posen and in Russian-Poland e. g. Neustadt a. d. Warthe, Georgenthal and many other "shrags".

Look carefully at this map and you will see that it shows the followng enclaves:

1) It shows one German enclave in eastern part of the region of Czechia.

2) It shows several tiny German enclaves in Moravia.

3) Shows one German enclave in Slovakia.

4) Shows one German enclave surrouned by ethnic Poles.

5) Shows two Polish/Kashub/Slovincian enclaves surrounded by ethnic Germans.

6) Shows a few Hungarian and/or Slovene enclaves, most tiny, in eastern Austria.

7) Shows two German (or Austrian :) ?) enclaves, one of them tiny, in Slovenia.

[QUOTE]Why would this map go into the pain of showing these enclaves and not the others? This is especially true in the case of Moravia and some other areas where the enclaves shown are just tiny, where there all several German enclaves but all of these are tiny.

Because it is in very little details shematizing.

This map is both German and contemporary, and it is quite accurate. It does not show any German enclaves in the areas in question because there were none!

Here is the link again:

I see that your second map is from 1817. Why is there for example not Prague given as German enclave? Prague had a German population majority until exactly the year 1857.

The first map and the second map aren't really too different relating to the main closed language areas, relating to German enclaves in predominantly the first one is more accurate.

Such maps, if they are not too big and go into detail, often shematize and give in mixed areas only a few enclaves, also a few very little ones, but (far) not all.
It also may depend on how detailed and specifical the information on certain towns, regions, areas is which the makers of maps have and then work into their map.
This doesn't only apply for German or alleged "Germano-centric" maps, but generally. I've also seen already all kind of English maps or from other countries on issues, e. g. just on that of Poles and Lithuanians or Belo-Russians, where relating to giving bigger or little enclaves in ethnically mixed areas, one shematizes.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Wow, what a flamehappy subject. Prussia should be reinstated. That will stop the idolatry of Adolf, like people worship the Pope.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Sure :halo That is Why Prussians spoke German, were partly part of the Holy Roman Empire German Nations and why the Hohenzollern, a bavarian aristocrat family ruled over it.
They were assimilated into the Empire by the Teutonic Knights and Junker Class. Prussia was a convenient location where Deutschland could spread it's wings.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 10:10 PM
You obviously found a problem, I was just asserting that ethnic Prussians have their own style, which deutscherbunden are not.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Dude, get a grip.

bocian
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 11:24 PM
The original Prussians were a Baltic people, very similar to todays Latvians and Lithuanians. Sadly, they were mostly exterminated by the Teutonic Knights in the 13th century. The territory was granted as a fief by the Mazovian Duke to the Knights to help with the Christianization of the peoples of the region.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 11:37 PM
See? I knew I was right. :lol

Odin Of Ossetia
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 01:48 AM
In Mazur e. g. there were German enclaves at the side of Wallendorf, at Neidenburg, at Ortenburg, at Hohendorf, just to name a few; In Kashubia e. g. Schönwalde or a few other very little "shrags"; in Upper Silesian e. g. Schulenburg, Guttentag, Königshuld or Rosenberg. In the province Posen and in Russian-Poland e. g. Neustadt a. d. Warthe, Georgenthal and many other "shrags".

Because it is in very little details shematizing.

I see that your second map is from 1817. Why is there for example not Prague given as German enclave? Prague had a German population majority until exactly the year 1857.

The first map and the second map aren't really too different relating to the main closed language areas, relating to German enclaves in predominantly the first one is more accurate.

Such maps, if they are not too big and go into detail, often shematize and give in mixed areas only a few enclaves, also a few very little ones, but (far) not all.
It also may depend on how detailed and specifical the information on certain towns, regions, areas is which the makers of maps have and then work into their map.
This doesn't only apply for German or alleged "Germano-centric" maps, but generally. I've also seen already all kind of English maps or from other countries on issues, e. g. just on that of Poles and Lithuanians or Belo-Russians, where relating to giving bigger or little enclaves in ethnically mixed areas, one shematizes.

Really?! Then why does "my" map go into so much pain showing many little "shrags"?

And besides, "my" map is from 1852, don't know where in the world did you get the 1817 from. Check for yourself.

The link is here:

It is not only from 1852, but it is also a German map, so there is no issue in Poles tempering with it.

Other problems with your map is that it gave a lot mostly ethnic Polish territory to Belarussians, Lithuanians, and Ukrainians. As I already stated, the large Polish enclave in and around Wilno/Vilna/Vilnius is non-existent, and the same is true for many Polish enclaves in Volhynia. On the other hand, there are numerous German and Ukrainian enclaves of dubious authenticity, like mysterious Ukrainian enclaves near Siedlce and the numerous one in Bessarabia.

How can you even "schemitize" the situation around Wilno if everyone knows that most of the people living there were ethnic Poles?! These are just some things to ponder on.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I had no disagreement with you, however, the traces of Baltic Prussian must be respected if you are to lay claim to the name, otherwise, abolish the name Prussia outright and use a German name.

Angelcynn Beorn
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Aren't we are all Negros from our origin? Or Semetic? Or what ever?
So, when in early time some Prussians were Baltic, what is the deal?
What counts is that they are GERMANS the last 400 years.

That logic works both ways. It only takes a Pole to come on here and say;

"So, when in early time some Prussians were German, what is the deal?
What counts is that they are POLISH the last 60 years."

What would be your answer to that?

Nordgau
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Really?! Then why does "my" map go into so much pain showing many little "shrags"?

I can't answer "why?", because it wasn't me who made the thing. I can only point out that while it does show some German exclaves, even small ones, it shows many others not, e. g. those which I named. For reasons I can only give suggestions.

And besides, "my" map is from 1852, don't know where in the world did you get the 1817 from. Check for yourself.

The link is here:

Yes, you give it for the third, fourth or fifth time now, and I can read for the third, fourth or fifth time now on the left side: "Entworfen im April 1817".

It is not only from 1852, but it is also a German map, so there is no issue in Poles tempering with it.

I didn't claim that Poles "tempered" it. I also saw many other maps of the former German language area, made by Germans, where none or only a few language islands outside of the closed area were drawn in.

Other problems with your map is that it gave a lot mostly ethnic Polish territory to Belarussians, Lithuanians, and Ukrainians. As I already stated, the large Polish enclave in and around Wilno/Vilna/Vilnius is non-existent, and the same is true for many Polish enclaves in Volhynia. On the other hand, there are numerous German and Ukrainian enclaves of dubious authenticity, like mysterious Ukrainian enclaves near Siedlce and the numerous one in Bessarabia.

I didn't argue anything on the Polish - Ukranian - Lithuanian - Belo-Russian situation, since that is not really in my interest. But it doesn't give "dubious" German exclaves, while the second map leaves enough away, liked the ones I named.

How can you even "schemitize" the situation around Wilno if everyone knows that most of the people living there were ethnic Poles?! These are just some things to ponder on.

Maybe in Poland "everyone" knows or knew on the ethnic situation around Wilno. In Germany probably not really "everyone" is familiar with the situation around Wilno. Maybe, as giving the situation before WW1, it is based for certain ethnicities on Russian territories on information from that time which comes from Russian sources and is not correctly given. How should I know? I wasn't arguing anything on that Polish - Lithuanian etc. thing, only on German exclaves. As far as I see it also doesn't give the German exclaves in Nordschleswig, within ethnic Danish areas, which strengthens my arguments that for many German exclaves, towns or for regions with German exclaves they simply had no specific information while for some others they had why they worked it into the map. Also the German ethnic exclave of Gottschee (in what is today southern Slovenia) should be more round, reaching a bit more far to the south, not sausage-shaped, if we really want to go in more details...

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Should I stick up for the Prussians who were brutalised and enslaved by the Teutonic Knights, etc?-

I actually don't care anymore. @#% Prussia, *&*( Germany, $%&^ Poland.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Unidimensional thinking is a problem, called monomania. Please do not project your insecurities on this manner towards me any further. Thank you, in advance.

Prussian
Saturday, July 17th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Here is an ethnic chart clarifying the ethnic make up of modern day east and west prussians and there existence in the teutonic family under the branch of the balto-nordic grouping.

The Pruszi being the original inhabinates of prussia are indeed baltic and closely related to the modern day lithuanians and latvians, how ever they are not slavic in any context they are baltic and closely related as you will see to skandanavians and germans alike, rather modern day prussians are a combination of regional ethnicities of the same grouping of the teutonic family and that is balto-nordic in no way are they related to the polish or any other slavic grouping.

Also when the Prussian war lord finally gave into the demands of the teutonic order many of the teutonic order intermarried with the pruszi population, this day was 5th May 1272 and is known as foundation day on the prussian calender.

I have a good friend of mine who is also an east prussian in background and can trace his tree back to a franconian knight marrying a native pruszi woman at the end of the crusade. As for the poles here the land will always be balto-nordic as it always was despite current political borders.

If any people have a claim to it is the modern day east and prussians (now living in germany) not poles nor russians, it is german by right not by desire.
Do not let pan-slavic claims delude you their motives on both prussia and the baltic in general was first and foremost to secure ice free seaports and access to the baltic.

Prussian
Saturday, July 17th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Sure :halo That is Why Prussians spoke German, were partly part of the Holy Roman Empire German Nations and why the Hohenzollern, a bavarian aristocrat family ruled over it.Little correction on this, the family you are referring to are the brandenburg hohenzollerns though there were franconian hohenzollerns as well, franconia being part of the state of bavaria but the hohenzollern claim on prussia were from the brandenburg hohenzollerns.

When most people think of the dominate bavarian noble family they think of the wittelsbachs not the hohenzollerns:)

Prussian
Saturday, July 17th, 2004, 11:07 PM
When most people think of the dominate bavarian noble family they think of the wittelbachs not the hohenzollerns:)
Just correcting a typo it is the wittelsbach family or best known as the wittelsbachs.

Prussian
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I thought would also add this article of interest to the thread also, basically it clarifies the baltic-german characteristics and is valid in relation to modern day east/west prussians.

"A few Characteristics of Balts
by Chris McCoy
Physical Characteristics :

Many people are surprised to find the physical characteristics
running in their family, indicate they are descendants of Balts. At
this point I usually have someone who accuses me of perpetuating
superiority of Nordic Europeans. Well, the characteristics I will
mention are all based on medical studies. A little research is all
that is needed if someone is interested in the facts behind them.
Slanty almost oriental looking eyes evolved to reduce visual glare
from snow, Lazy eyes in children. Heavy "fat" eyelids where the
eyelid appears to have an extra fold. A melanin (pigmentation) in the
back of the eye on the retina peculiar to people of Baltic
ansectory,Muscles which cause the slanty eyes in pure Balts,Makes
some have large eyes in the morning, and slanty in the later part of
the day as the muscles relax, this is found only in East Prussians
who have ancestry from Germany (proper).Balts also have moles
strictly on one side of the body or the other, Also Unique to
Latvians,Estonians,and Pruszi is a form of Hair known as "Banded
Hair" in which each strand of Hair has patterns of Light and dark.
"Shovel" teeth, the teeth have a ledge on the backside. Run your
tongue across them, they feel almost like a shovel shape. Large front
teeth with a slight or more than slight gap. Lack of the Carrabelli
cusp on the maxillary first molars, which is missing in people of
Baltic ancestry.
Large heavy earlobes. Crooked fingers particularly the little finger
or pinkie. An inverted breastbone. Often called a Chicken Breast. The
bone actually makes an indentation in the chest.
Also notable is that the Balts have a system of body purification
unique to Balts alone in which the body craves large amounts of
Sodium in which toxins are forced out by the pressure from the
sodium, Large salt crystals form when sweat evaporates around pore
openings, Balts who donated blood for use by non Balts, were told
they had lethal levels of sodium in their bloodstreams,Yet had
Neither High Cholesterol or High Blood Pressure.
Little toes that lie under the next one. A second toe longer than the
big toe. A wider space between the big toe and second one. An extra
ridge of bone along the outside of the foot.
Stamford University researchers have a new method of scanning a
genetic mutation that exists only in the samples of Teutonic
populations in Scandianavia/Germany and in Baltics.
Comparing families characteristics to old photographs of recognized
Baltics is all the proof many people need. Some who require more
proof can explore the scientific and medical avenues. While those
whose ultimate goal is tribal recognition, must accumulate pertinent
documentation of their direct line (birth, marriage and death
records) back to the recognized Baltic Ancestor.
For years I didn't know of my own heritage. I was constantly amazed
by people who would come up and ask me which Baltic people I was
from. I felt complimented, but thought they were confused. Though I
actually had early confirmation of my heritage.
When I was in elementary school I was an Outdoors child. I loved
being barefoot, and used to take my shoes off even in school. Until
the day we traced our feet and I my feet were different. My big toes
are shorter than the next toe, with a wider gap between the toes. I
thought I was deformed and started wearing socks even without shoes
or sat with my feet under me to hide them. A mother helping in the
class noticed the change. She told me that in some Clans, feet like
mine were a sign of Baltic royalty. She actually used a different
word I didn't understand, that she explained was like a Warlord. Even
though she was Latvian, I didn't believe her. I just accepted her
reassurance as any young child would.
I was a senior in High School in 1974, when we found out my mother's
Great Great Grandmother was Full Latvian. In 1981 an Army Doctor
comment that he'd only seen toes like mine once before, as a Medic in
WW2 when he was Inspecting German POWs from the Providence of East
Prussia. A roommate of German ancestry who always went barefoot had
the weird toes too. And when they asked him what was wrong with his
feet he said they were "just German feet".
In addition to the physical attributes mentioned, there are five
major diseases that we look for in Baltic German Families.
Everyone knows about the drunken German. Alcoholism, many attribute
this to the surplus among Balts of an enzyme which converts alcohol
in the bloodstream. Balts also have addiction problems with sedative
substances such as Pain Killers and Opiates, It is beginning to
appear that Fibromyalgia is also related to Baltic ancestry.
Diabetes.Hemophilia(Both Infusion Dependant,and Clotless). Arthritis.
Crone's Disease, Heart Disease. Chronic Constipation, Kidney problems
including Kidney stones.and Chronic Insomnia
Also noted are numerous family instances of thyroid problems,
para,hypo and hyper. "

Prussian
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 05:51 PM
So basically it gives a clearview of the baltic people in the general context, the balts that belong to the balto-nordic grouping whom in which share close affinity with skandanavia & low-germans.

The confusion often found in the form of outsiders analysing prussians is the fact that they fail to realise the fact that the prussian's are indeed the people where the anthropological borders of the low-germans and balts are intertwined and thus produced a mix known as the prussians.

So with this explained you can see that prussians are indeed german-baltic (western baltic is sometimes used) people and not in anyway are they slavs nor are the eastern balts known as estonians, latvians or lithuanians.

aus_princess
Sunday, July 18th, 2004, 06:38 PM
i agree, teach me more Prussian :)

Theudanaz
Tuesday, September 7th, 2004, 04:21 AM
As for Prussian language, there was a fellow on my gothic language list who was reconstructing prussian and building sentences out of it. Strange that he was on a germanic language reconstruction list? Not really. To be sure, a long time ago all indo-european languages resembled each other to a greater degree than nowadays. But linguists have formed an idea of Baltic language group forming a bridge between the somewhat more closely related languages of Germanic and Slavic. Protobaltic is seen to occupy a middle position between Protogermanic and ProtoSlavic. Modern baltic has further slavic borrowings and influence under the Soviets and slavic immigrants. It has been theorized but not generally accepted that Baltic languages and Celtic(-Italic) languages creolized in the form of Germanic.

Of course the newer "Preußen" was a usurpation of the name of the extinct prussi to lend authority to the autonomous sovereignty of the conquered territory.