PDA

View Full Version : Prejudice against Meds

Vlad Cletus
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I have read some of the posts here. I am disturbed with some of the views on the Southern Europeans. Not all are dark. It varies. Some are light some are dark. It just so happens that the Nefarious Ottoman Empire decided to expand it's borders and corrupt many lands in it's conquest. Many of the Great Civilizations resisted but not enough unfortunately. Originally all Europeans are from the North anyways. Southern Europeans have just adapted to their environment. That is why a lot of them have the unique olive skin trait.

Alexander the Great had Golden Hair with Blue eyes

Albanian is an indo-European language and is even older than Latin.

The First Great European Civilizations were started by the Southern Europeans.

So stop discriminating Southern Europeans...

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Yes, some South Europeans are light, especially in Northern Spain and Northern Italy. Why is that?

Could you please show some modern examples of light-pigmented South Europeans?

I have read some of the posts here. I am disturbed with some of the views on the Southern Europeans. Not all are dark. It varies. Some are light some are dark. It just so happens that the Nefarious Ottoman Empire decided to expand it's borders and corrupt many lands in it's conquest. Many of the Great Civilizations resisted but not enough unfortunately. Originally all Europeans are from the North anyways. Southern Europeans have just adapted to their environment. That is why a lot of them have the unique olive skin trait.

Allenson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:46 PM

Hello Vlad Cletus,

While there are some members here who are not particularly fond of the Mediterranean folk, it is by no means the philosophy behind this forum. I appreciate your concerns and I hope that you may help shed light on the various situations in the Mediterranean world.

Again, the Skadi forum is not discriminatory toward Mediterraneans.

Gladstone
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Yes, some South Europeans are light, especially in Northern Spain and Northern Italy. Why is that?

Vlad Cletus certainly has a point, if criticism is constructive (ie to build up or correct) and the receiving persons/people are receptive, that is certainly legitimate, if the criticism is not to specifically build up or to protect oneself from something the other is doing what is the point but to tear down? Mutual respect is what's needed.

As to Volksdeutsch's question I have wondered that too. Could it be that those places mentioned are a bit lighter as they are remnnants of the Ostrogothic, Visigothic, and Vandal invasions? The Vandals within a twenty-five year period went from Germany via Spain to the creation of their own kingdom in North Africa in the 5th century it may be recalled. The Visogoths were in Spain and the Ostrogoths in Italy.

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
They are not like the examples of Borreby from nordish.com. That is why we can turn it around the way we want with this terminology issue.

No, they are not, but they still represent a Borreby type that to my knowledge was isolated in the mountain ranges of Montenegro and has interbred with other sub-types.

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:42 PM
I prefer my own kind: Nords. I don't hate Meds or Slavs, but my personal preference is for Nords. I am attracted to Nords. I only consider Nords my close kin. Racial egalitarianism isn't the mission behind this forum either.

There have been just as many attacks & insults against Nords from the Meds & Slavs inhabiting this board as there have been coming from the Nords directed towards other. Everyone needs to toughen up and lighten up a bit.

Anyway, has anyone noticed that the three Admins of this board are all Nords? And heathens!? :bounce

-Sigrun

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:47 PM
I prefer my own kind: Nords. I don't hate Meds or Slavs, but my personal preference is for Nords. I am attracted to Nords. I only consider Nords my close kin. Racial egalitarianism isn't the mission behind this forum either.

"Nords" and "Meds" are both anthropological designations, whereas "Slavs" is a cultural.

Vetinari
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:53 PM

There have been just as many attacks & insults against Nords from the Meds & Slavs inhabiting this board as there have been coming from the Nords directed towards other. Everyone needs to toughen up and lighten up a bit.

Anyway, has anyone noticed that the three Admins of this board are all Nords? And heathens!? :bounce

-Sigrun

If you are a Nord then why do you use an image from a book called "Celtic Magic" as your avatar?

http://www.lythastudios.com/misc/books/pics/lit1.jpg

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 08:25 PM
It is fine to have preferences, if that does not make you discriminatory believing in some pseudoscientific superiority besides the physical type.

As well as preference, everyone is attracted to some type more than another. I do not know if it is a racial instinct (probably not as many are with people whom do not look like them, and no one has forced them).

Slav (noun) or Slavic (adjective) is refered to people whom speak Slavic (a branch of the Indo-European group) languages. It is a meta-ethnicity like Germanic.

I am not sure what you mean that all the three admins of this board are "Nords". Do you mean so-called Nordid types? Is it a geographical designation?

-Sigrun

Vojvoda
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 08:36 PM

Here are some pictures of Albanians,one Serb ,"Yugoslavs"(My guess is they are from Kosovo)and some other non-Europeans.The Albanians and Serb do not look "typically" southern European.

http://www.swisspolice.ch/e/1_persfdg/aktuell1.htm

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:30 PM

And your point is? :P

Anyways, I have nothing against Meds. In fact I have some Spainish decent on my mother's side. Now as for Nordics prefering their own kind, I understand and agree to an extent. It's very much the same with me towards Slavs.

Although when dealing with non-Nordic whites, I do believe the Nords need the drop the attitude many of them have towards themselves. Thats just common decency.

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:44 PM
"Nords" and "Meds" are both anthropological designations, whereas "Slavs" is a cultural.
I think "Slavic" is also racial. The minute I saw your face, Triglav, I knew were you were Slavic and you needn't have told me that or anything about your culture to convince me of it. Okay, so you're one Helluva good-looking Slav, but that's not the point... :love

I am not sure what you mean that all the three admins of this board are "Nords". Do you mean so-called Nordid types? Is it a geographical designation?
Yes, we are all three Nordid types and no, I do not mean geographically, I mean racially. We are Nords and Germano-centric ones to boot! My point being this: If we were to believe that eveyone else is so inferior, why would we allow them into our forum? I'm sick of people complaining about discrimination. No one is being discriminated against here so quit the whining already. No one is banned, barred, or restricted from this forum based on his type and all are free to express their views. Now, where exactly is the discrimination?

If you are a Nord then why do you use an image from a book called "Celtic Magic" as your avatar?
Why not? I think it kinda looks like me and I like it so I use it. Where's the conflict? Would you be happer if I chose a picture from a book called "Nordic Magic"? What does this have to do with anything... ?

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:48 PM
And your point is? :P

Although when dealing with non-Nordic whites, I do believe the Nords need the drop the attitude many of them have towards themselves. Thats just common decency.My point is this: If were we such attitude monsters and believed ourselves to be so much better than the rest, then why on earth would we allow you to take part in our forum? Huh? And please, there are plenty of "Medicists" and "Slavicists" to go around.

None of us are Christians either, but there are plenty of Christians on the board. The bottom line: There is no discrimination taking place here.

Stríbog
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 10:47 PM

-Sigrun

Slav is a linguistic grouping, not a racial one. There are plenty of Slavic Nords and Germanic non-Nords. There are even a few Italian and Spanish Nords.

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Ja, Triglav is a Nordish Slav, but he's still Slavic-looking.

Vojvoda
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Ja, Triglav is a Nordish Slav, but he's still Slavic-looking.

This is interesting. May you please explain to me what the slavic look is?:D

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:09 PM
I think "Slavic" is also racial.

That's the point: it isn't. The Slavic nations encompass other sub-types than the Germanic, Celtic or Romance, and there is also a lot of overlap. It's a matter of interpretation and regional differentiations are often a lot more useful. Linguistic/cultural terms are often employed to recapitulate the types that are found in ethnic, linguistic and political communities. I am pretty sure that Slovenia is sub-racially more similar to Austria, a "Germanic" nation, than to Croatia, our closest "Slavic" neighbours.

The minute I saw your face, Triglav, I knew were you were Slavic and you needn't have told me that or anything about your culture to convince me of it. Okay, so you're one Helluva good-looking Slav, but that's not the point... :love

:emb

People (lay physical anthropologists, mostly from this board) have assigned me to Sweden, Finland, Estonia, the Baltic states, Czechia and Northern Russia. From my observations, I would go with the Baltic states and I guess I would look more in place in any of these countries than my native (poor me). In my case especially, it seems to depend on the set of pictures, really, since people have changed my classification from Faelid to Baltid after I showed them my old ones (in which I was chubbier). In those I was said to be "Northern Russian" and "Czech" which you and many probably interpret as "Slavic".

Why not? I think it kinda looks like me and I like it so I use it. Where's the conflict? Would you be happer if I chose a picture from a book called "Nordic Magic"? What does this have to do with anything... ?

I guess this misunderstanding arises from the fact that 3 elements are repeatedly being confused (misused): (sub-)racial, geographical and anthropological. I suggest we stick to the correct designations for convenience's sake. I wish we could do that for being scientifically consistent, but that's obviously only a piece of wishful thinking. After all, some believe in what they write and try to be unbiased. However, as Volksdeutsche(r) correctly put it, physical anthropology is pseudo-science and we should also take it with a grain of salt.

Allenson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:20 PM
In my case especially, it seems to depend on the set of pictures, really, since people have changed my classification from Faelid to Baltid after I showed them my old ones

Guilty! ;)

I think I might have mentioned a Baltid strain though....didn't I? Right? j/k!

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:23 PM
I am telling you, and y'all, Triglav looks Slavic! Post your pic! Grrr! And no, you do not look East Baltic! You are a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Nordish Slavic-looking person! :mad

ANYWAY! This isn't the point of this thread! The point is: Skadi does not discriminate against Meds, Slavs, Aliens, Freaks, Retards, Canadians, Lepers or anyone else!

Vojvoda
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:27 PM
I am telling you, and y'all, Triglav looks Slavic! Post your pic! Grrr! And no, you do not look East Baltic! You are a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Nordish Slavic-looking person! :mad

ANYWAY! This isn't the point of this thread! The point is: Skadi does not discriminate against Meds, Slavs, Aliens, Freaks, Retards, Canadians, Lepers or anyone else!

Aha, I was just curious as to what you think a "slavic look" is. Anyway, people tell me I look like me mum;)

I think dalonord also told me I look slavic once hehe.

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:37 PM
I think dalonord also told me I look slavic once hehe.

That's what I was saying. People often recapitulate a common look in a cultural, linguistic or political entity - so there's "Slavic" for you. It is, however, inappropriate for anthropological differentiation or any kind of differentiotion in which clutural, geographic &c. terms are confused.

Vojvoda
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:39 PM
That's what I was saying. People often recapitulate a common look in a cultural, linguistic or political entity - so there's "Slavic" for you. It is, however, inappropriate for anthropological differentiation or any kind of differentiotion in which clutural, geographic &c. terms are confused.

We get our facial expressions from our cultures, yes.

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:43 PM
That's what I was saying. People often recapitulate a common look in a cultural, linguistic or political entity - so there's "Slavic" for you. It is, however, inappropriate for anthropological differentiation or any kind of differentiotion in which clutural, geographic &c. terms are confused.I don't care. You still look like a [really hot] Nordish Slav and that's all there is to it.

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I don't care. You still look like a [really hot] Nordish Slav and that's all there is to it.

Norish? That's new to me. I am sure you are referring to Noric and similar types. :D Yep, half of my family is Noric or similar - great observation! :thumbsup

Honestly, I think a beautiful girl like you should have a better taste and should not expand descriptions like "good-looking" to fit the average man.

Triglav
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Ok, you edited your post. It said "Norish". I went to the mirror to check my eyes...

Vlad Cletus
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Good, I got some positive responses from my post. I am glad to hear that most here don't have a dislike for Southern Europeans.

I am not full Medditerranean but I still think some should show respect towards Meds. Afterall much ingenuity came from the Romans, and Greeks.

We have adopted much from Greece in Politics. But don't perplex the Democratic system today with the one of yesterday in Greece. Much was different. There wasn't an invasion of non-white immigrants into the homeland. Much was unknown back then.

I think that the Spartan way of thinking would be more for Fascists due to the preservation of blood, genetics and forbidding of another race's interbred.

Imperial Spain was the Naval Giant of the seas before Great Britain.

I don't mean to offend anyone here. But some of these are just facts. :|

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Honestly, I think a beautiful girl like you should have a better taste and should not expand descriptions like "good-looking" to fit the average man.
You're so modest. You're a very handsome man and very unique for your location and I'm not nearly as beautiful as you like to pretend.

Alexander Godunov (the most attractive man to ever walk the earth) is Battle Axe, no? :inlove

Vojvoda
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Sounds to me like you want to visit Slovenia, or should I say, triglav hehe.:love

Pomor
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Sigrun, I am just interested in your opinion: how do think the majority of kids in this thread would look out of place in any Germanic country or not?
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5097
I am not sure if you've seen it or not.

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Sigrun, I am just interested in your opinion: how do think the majority of kids in this thread would look out of place in any Germanic country or not?
I have seen it and as far as I can see, only one looks really Slavic to me. The rest could easily be from Sweden or something. Yes, I know they are Russians or something...

Prodigal Son
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:06 AM
I have seen it and as far as I can see, only one looks really Slavic to me.

Which one would that be? The Tatar in the Hawaiian shirt?

The rest could easily be from Sweden or something. Yes, I know they are Russians or something...

They are Northeastern Russians. They are also somewhat darker pigmented than the Russian average (Yaroslavl Krai - 25% blond hair, 38% pure light eyes, Russian average - 33% blond hair, 45% pure light eyes). As a group, Russians simply don't get any more "Mongoloid influenced" than this. Uralic individuals can be found sporadically, but never as a group.

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Which one would that be? The Tatar in the Hawaiian shirt?
Nopes, the guy in the Ecru cable-knit turtleneck sweater.

People still wear turtlenecks? Hmmmm.

Triglav
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:36 AM

Those are easily recognisable Russians. The local Nordic/UP/Northern Pontic variants can hardly be mistaken for any other ethnicity.

Allenson
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:54 AM
We get our facial expressions from our cultures, yes.

You know, I was thinking about it as I was reading the thread and I think there is certainly something to this....and perhaps this is what I meant when I wrote before to you providenje. It's a 'nebulous' sort of thing I suppose. Pundits speak of 'memes' as well as genes...they being culturally inherited mannerisms that we learn from others around us, as opposed to biologically traits.

Things of this sort are by no means foolproof. However, I could say the same thing about an Englishman. I have recogized facial and in partiuclar 'mouth holding' expressions on Brits even before they speak. Coon....or was it Baker? Anyway, one of them (and I can look for the passage) wrote about a 'Jewish expression' and how this was a more cultually inherited trait and that many American Jews have lost it (whatever the look was he was refering to).

Taras Bulba
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:56 AM
My point is this: If were we such attitude monsters and believed ourselves to be so much better than the rest, then why on earth would we allow you to take part in our forum? Huh? And please, there are plenty of "Medicists" and "Slavicists" to go around.

If you actually read what I wrote, you would've noticed that I said that many Nordics have an attitude problem towards non-Nordics. I did not nor have I ever said that all Nordics have this attitude problem.

None of us are Christians either, but there are plenty of Christians on the board. The bottom line: There is no discrimination taking place here.

Ok where did I ever say anything like that? No need to put words in my mouth!

Triglav
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Yes, I saw an Alpine Englishman, whom I personally would attribute to Bosnia or somewhere else in the Balkans, whose smile, mannerisms and also clothes gave him away immediately.

You know, I was thinking about it as I was reading the thread and I think there is certainly something to this....and perhaps this is what I meant when I wrote before to you providenje. It's a 'nebulous' sort of thing I suppose. Pundits speak of 'memes' as well as genes...they being culturally inherited mannerisms that we learn from others around us, as opposed to biologically traits.

Things of this sort are by no means foolproof. However, I could say the same thing about an Englishman. I have recogized facial and in partiuclar 'mouth holding' expressions on Brits even before they speak. Coon....or was it Baker? Anyway, one of them (and I can look for the passage) wrote about a 'Jewish expression' and how this was a more cultually inherited trait and that many American Jews have lost it (whatever the look was he was refering to).

Dienekes_Pontikos
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 02:22 AM

Incorrect. Alexander the Great had brown hair and one blue and one black eye (Malalas Chronogr., 195.2)

http://murugan.org/research/alexander.jpg
http://murugan.org/research/alexander.jpg

cosmocreator
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 02:32 AM

That would likely be Coon. It was just looking through the photos in The Races of Europe and in the photos of Jews he notes of one person 'but without the Jewish expression.'

friedrich braun
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 07:03 AM
Slav is a linguistic grouping, not a racial one. There are plenty of Slavic Nords and Germanic non-Nords. There are even a few Italian and Spanish Nords.

Polak thinks Slavs are a racial group, and he presents very compelling genetic, cultural, and linguistic evidence, see this discussion:

http://www.dienekes.com/blog/archives/000382.html

Well I'm not going to discount a book I haven't read. But if this is indeed what it's about...

"Slavic ethnicity is therefore shown to be a Byzantine invention."

Then I do have to wonder about the value of the Baxter Prize as well.

Is the prmise here that the Byzentines had a problem with what to call the invading hordes, and somehow came up with the name Sclave?

And then what? These invaders from the north then just thought, yeah, we'll call ourselves Sclavs. And then they also came up with one language to go along with that?

And what about the Slavs in the north, who never heard of the Byzentines? Why did they call themselves Slovenes? Why did they speak the same language as those people in the south who were pestering the Byzentines?

The truth is that most Slavs didn't care what the Byzentines thought. Us Poles never made it to the Balkans but we know we're Slavs (Slownianie).

I really don't see how anyone can call us an invented group when I can go to Macedonia and communicate with the locals there in Polish (and I've done it too).

Then there's the genetic evidence. Isn't it a bit of a cooincidence that all Slavs seem to be closer to each other than to their non-Slavic neighbors? Y-chromosome and mtDNA markers are very similar in all Slavic populations. That's a fact.

There is some cross over between the Germanic and west Slavic groups in terms of mtDNA, and between the Russians and Finns, but that's to be expected after 1000 years.

However, there is a clear common linguistic and genetic thread running through all Slavic populations, and I don't see how that can be refuted.

The Slavic word for Slavs is Slovene (Slowianie in Polish) - those who can speak.

Germans, on the other hand, in all Slavic languages are known as Niemtsy (Niemcy in Polish) - those who can't speak.

Are these Byzentine invetions too?

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 04:04 PM
If you actually read what I wrote, you would've noticed that I said that many Nordics have an attitude problem towards non-Nordics. I did not nor have I ever said that all Nordics have this attitude problem.
If you were at all honest with yourself and us, you would also admit that many Meds have a similar attitude towards non-Meds, but not all Meds, of course. You are generalising way too much here and it's hardly worth arguing about. There is enough posturing to go around.

Ok where did I ever say anything like that? No need to put words in my mouth!
Did I state that you stated that? No... There is barely enough room in your mouth for own words.

Pomor
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 04:53 PM
I have seen it and as far as I can see, only one looks really Slavic to me. The rest could easily be from Sweden or something. Yes, I know they are Russians or something...

They are Russian and Slavic, that is why I think that Nord-Med-Slav scheme is not quite correct.

Hans
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 06:15 PM
"Incorrect. Alexander the Great had brown hair and one blue and one black eye (Malalas Chronogr., 195.2)"

Yes, I've also heard that Alexander had heterochromia. Not really sure about the hair though, but haven been to Greece myself, it is kind of hard to believe the blonde thing. Greece doesn't have a very large number of blue eyed people either but then again its not that hard to find one nonetheless.

Prodigal Son
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:44 PM
When people say "Slavic look" they're detecting East Baltic or Ladogan features.

Another equally, if not more viable explanantion is that they aren't 'detecting' anything at all. There is no such thing as a 'Slavic look'. If the 'Slavic look' is equivalent to East-Baltic or "Ladogan" admixture, then most Finns, Balts, Northern Swedes, and a good number of Germans have it.

friedrich braun
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Re the Slavs: it's too bad Polak is not around, he's adamant that there's such a thing as a Slavic look (and he's got genetic data to back up his assertions).

He has noticed that when he travels through Europe he gets easily recognized as a Slav.

My own experience is similar, I find that Slavs have well defined physiognomy.

Again, read Polak's informative entries on Slavs:

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Well, obviously Braun and Polak are intelligent men...

Johnny Reb
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Re the Slavs: it's too bad Polak is not around, he's adamant that there's such a thing as a Slavic look (and he's got genetic data to back up his assertions).

He has noticed that when he travels through Europe he gets easily recognized as a Slav.

My own experience is similar, I find that Slavs have well defined physiognomy.

Again, read Polak's informative entries on Slavs:

I too think there is a Slavic look. I am half Polish, and I strongly resemble my dad, who is fully Polish. A number of people classified me, all saying I looked Scandanavian, but Polak rightly picked up on my Polish heritage, even though I hadn't told him about it. Also, I've been asked by a number of people if I am Russian, or Eastern European. When I told them they were on the right track, and asked them what tipped them off, they simply said that I "looked" Russian/Eastern European. I don't know what causes the look though. Perhaps this deserves to be a split thread.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 11:28 PM
I too think there is a Slavic look. I am half Polish, and I strongly resemble my dad, who is fully Polish. A number of people classified me, all saying I looked Scandanavian, but Polak rightly picked up on my Polish heritage, even though I hadn't told him about it. Also, I've been asked by a number of people if I am Russian, or Eastern European. When I told them they were on the right track, and asked them what tipped them off, they simply said that I "looked" Russian/Eastern European. I don't know what causes the look though. Perhaps this deserves to be a split thread.

I've had similar experiances. Whenever I visit Russia or encounter people from Russia, I'm always being mistaken for a native-born. I don't know my exact phenotype, but I have been told by many people from Eastern Europe that I look very much like a Ukrainian. This would make sense since I am of Ukrainian decent. :)

norda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:17 AM
I am sure there is such a look no matter if Slavic (not linguistic but geneticaly Slavic) person is nordic, subnordic/alpine, dinaric its very probably that will be share similar phenotype. I am tring to find a clue and stared this thread for such purposes. http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5395 I supse that the most specific are regular eyes rather large and light, (closer to Ural also sometimes outer parts goes up, which is of course not Slavic trait but usualy peple not familar says so beacause Uralics are Russians linguitisticaly) Other trait is slightly rounded jaw. The whole face is rather long but slightly round and delicate with no sharp edges. Down part of the face is regular and not extremly long. Also distance beetwen nose and lips are medium and do not tend to be extreme. Noses are rather thin, stright and not extremly long or short. As far as i remember from nordish.com Slavic girls share frequently pedomorphism. Also the differnces betwen phenotypes of males and femeles tend to be greater then among Germans for example. According to nordish.com and it could be true for most of Slavic types the malars are only moderately projecting, especially when compared to those of East Baltics and Ladogans. And again usualy people not familiar call such a Ladogan trait as Slavic what is not true. As far as i know Northern Germans share similar trait so it could be general nordic (danubian?) or around baltic trait.

I have attached link to composite picture of Slavic girls from my region http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4466 and two pictures of rather not "Slavic looking" German girls from Berlin.(but of course such faces could also be found among Slavs)

cosmocreator
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:20 AM
That first woman looks Jewish, not Slavic.

norda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:31 AM
That first woman looks Jewish, not Slavic.
That right cosmo :) Both are from Berlin in Germany and i only wanted to show the extreme un-Slavic traits in in face edges, eyes and jaw and distance betwen nose and lips just to compare with composite picture of Slavic from the link.

norda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 01:46 AM
3 another examples of non Slavic looking Germans, first is typicaly square faced, the second have long and compresed (narrow) nose and narrow jaw, the third one coul be clasified as Slavic look but again distance betwen lips and nose is slightly too big (celtic? basque? trait) and lower part of face (from nose) is much longer in proportion to the length of the nose.

rusalka
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:14 AM
It's widely accepted that the Slavs are not a racial but a cultural group but it's also a fact that most people have a notion of "Slavic look". It might be the mannerism, of being brought up in Slavic culture of course; but then, not having been brought up in a Slavic country, I've always heard that comment myself; that I have a "Slavic look", whatever that implies. Here in the U.S, I'm automatically classified as being "Slavic" and I don't even speak a Slavic language fluently, nor do I have a very distinct accent. I'm not promoting the theory of Slavic people being of a common sub-race, but there is such a thing, at least in many people's minds that a Slavic look does exist. And to people whom I had never disclosed my ethnicity, it's rather thought provoking that they should guess so easily. Leaves me wondering.

friedrich braun
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Well, how do you explain the genetic, cultural, and linguistic similarities (if the Slavs are not a racial group; again, tell that to Polak).

It's widely accepted that the Slavs are not a racial but a cultural group but it's also a fact that most people have a notion of "Slavic look". It might be the mannerism, of being brought up in Slavic culture of course; but then, not having been brought up in a Slavic country, I've always heard that comment myself; that I have a "Slavic look", whatever that implies. Here in the U.S, I'm automatically classified as being "Slavic" and I don't even speak a Slavic language fluently, nor do I have a very distinct accent. I'm not promoting the theory of Slavic people being of a common sub-race, but there is such a thing, at least in many people's minds that a Slavic look does exist. And to people whom I had never disclosed my ethnicity, it's rather thought provoking that they should guess so easily. Leaves me wondering.

Johnny Reb
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Well, how do you explain the genetic, cultural, and linguistic similarities (if the Slavs are not a racial group; again, tell that to Polak).

It seems to me that Rusalka was agreeing with you.

rusalka
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 02:56 AM
It seems to me that it's quite clear that I'm rather confused on the subject and not really taking a stand. I cannot speak as confidently as providenje and Triglav here; both having lived and living in Slavic countries, respectively. I myself can more or less tell if people are from a Slavic descent, at least I make a good guess most of the time, but I don't know if this is because of the mannerism most Slavic people share due to culture, or actual sub-racial traits.

In any case, I don't think it's very scientific to assume that Northern Russians share the exact same phenotype as, say, Bulgarians. I'm not saying anyone is doing that here, but both are Slavic countries and peoples if it comes to that. Of course it's valid at this point to say that Russians have a different sub-race than Bulgarians and that they are predominantly Nordic as opposed to mostly Dinarid Bulgarians. In that case, what makes a "Slav" from the racial point of view?

I think this is a rather complex subject. I had only wanted to give a personal example.

Johnny Reb
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 03:12 AM
It seems to me that it's quite clear that I'm rather confused on the subject and not really taking a stand. I cannot speak as confidently as providenje and Triglav here; both having lived and living in Slavic countries, respectively. I myself can more or less tell if people are from a Slavic descent, at least I make a good guess most of the time, but I don't know if this is because of the mannerism most Slavic people share due to culture, or actual sub-racial traits.

In any case, I don't think it's very scientific to assume that Northern Russians share the exact same phenotype as, say, Bulgarians. I'm not saying anyone is doing that here, but both are Slavic countries and peoples if it comes to that. Of course it's valid at this point to say that Russians have a different sub-race than Bulgarians and that they are predominantly Nordic as opposed to mostly Dinarid Bulgarians. In that case, what makes a "Slav" from the racial point of view?

I think this is a rather complex subject. I had only wanted to give a personal example.

I think people are talking more about Northern Germanics vs Northern Slavs, and Southern Germanics vs Southern Slavs and their respective differences. ie a Nordic Swede and a Nordic Pole somehow look different, just as for some reason, an Alpine Austrian might look different from an Alpine Serb.

Also, there must be something to this theory it if people have pegged "new worlders" such as you and me as Slavs, even though we probably don't exhibit any noticeable mannerisms.

Prodigal Son
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 03:28 AM

The only "Slavic" groups that are genetically and phenotypically simmilar to any appreciable extent are Russians and Poles. Belarussians are Slavicized Balts, Ukrainians are Slavicized Iranians who resemble Southern Germans and Hungarians, etc...

Vojvoda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Slavic or Germanic?-check out my attachments

Miss Serbia definitely looks "Serbian", it's something about the the eyes I tell ya!:)

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4155

friedrich braun
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM
The only "Slavic" groups that are genetically and phenotypically simmilar to any appreciable extent are Russians and Poles. Belarussians are Slavicized Balts, Ukrainians are Slavicized Iranians who resemble Southern Germans and Hungarians, etc...

It's useful to provide links when making such assertions.

Have you had this discussion with Polak? and have you read the arguments in the link I posted?

Comments?

Triglav
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 05:26 AM
It's useful to provide links when making such assertions.

Have you had this discussion with Polak? and have you read the arguments in the link I posted?

Comments?

Russian Patriot is right. Slovenia doesn't look "Slavic either". Even though some have claimed I have a "Slavic" look about me and I definitely resemble a Pole or a Russian more than the average Slovenian, Polak maintained that I look Finnish or Swedish.

Triglav
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Yes, she does! :) It's the lips, the nose and eyes, too. Her lips are not capable of a "kajkavski" or "stokavski" pronunciation, they glow too much :).

I hope you understand me, providenje, probably nobody else does ;).

Her neck breathes the "ekavski" monophthongs... :D

Slavic or Germanic?-check out my attachments

Miss Serbia definitely looks "Serbian", it's something about the the eyes I tell ya!:)

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4155

Nordhammer
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 06:04 AM
That would likely be Coon. It was just looking through the photos in The Races of Europe and in the photos of Jews he notes of one person 'but without the Jewish expression.'

There might be something to this, as I trained my dog to smile. :D

I think there are innate predispositions that are racial/genetic. While culture and environment can alter such things, it may not erase them. Similar to the situation with blacks and other 3rd world people, who, while under the influence of European culture are more respectable, would devolve back to their natural state if the European influence was removed.

Nordhammer
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 06:09 AM
If you were at all honest with yourself and us, you would also admit that many Meds have a similar attitude towards non-Meds, but not all Meds, of course. You are generalising way too much here and it's hardly worth arguing about. There is enough posturing to go around.

Did I state that you stated that? No... There is barely enough room in your mouth for own words.

Well, in my experience, it's usually the Meds who first get an attitude when a Nord asserts himself/herself as first being a Nord and then wanting to only pair with Nords. Similar to the attitude one gets from blacks when a white person speaks up as a white person and doesn't want to be around blacks. So then it just snowballs from there.

I personally have nothing against Meds, I like their culture, language, fashion, music, food, etc. What I don't like is seeing a Med romantically with a Nord, it irritates me. It's not a selfish motive either, it's respect for racial boundaries. If times were different, and our nations were secure, I probably wouldn't care as much, but racial preservation is at a crucial point now.

Triglav
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Like our representative:

http://www.zvpl.com/ext_images/foto/XP/bejbe_starsclub-misice02.jpg

I can hear the Central Slovene schwas and rock-crushing R's spurting from her mouth...

Ah, she could never acquire the repertoire of all the dialectal vowels our tongue has to offer. That is casting pearls before swine - what ignorance, sheer ignorance...

;)

Nordhammer
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 06:26 AM
Yes, she does! :) It's the lips, the nose and eyes, too. Her lips are not capable of a "kajkavski" or "stokavski" pronunciation, they glow too much :).

She's nice, that kind of Slav is fine by me, yes sir!

Triglav
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Providenje, if you saw our and your lady and had to guess which is which, would you have a hard time? I know I wouldn't. I am just too used to seeing these regional variants on a daily basis (althought these two are probably not the same sub-racially).

Btw., yours is more classically beautiful while ours is cuter and sultrier :) IMO.

Evolved
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Another equally, if not more viable explanantion is that they aren't 'detecting' anything at all. There is no such thing as a 'Slavic look'. If the 'Slavic look' is equivalent to East-Baltic or "Ladogan" admixture, then most Finns, Balts, Northern Swedes, and a good number of Germans have it.

It's something else then. There is a look, though. ;)

Originally Posted by ladygoeth33
When people say "Slavic look" they're detecting East Baltic or Ladogan features.

That's all that remains of my post (relevant to the subject Prejudice against Meds and in keeping with the forum rules) which was deleted for unknown reasons? :-O

norda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 10:05 AM
I think i ifound a clue to "Slavic look" I the matter of oval face, regular proportions A-B-C and 1-2-3 and also regular pentagonale which join eyes and lips. Note that the same mask also fits to famous " national geographic' Afgan girl"
I think it is a thanks to the same gentic marker- Aryan R1a. As we all know, R1a (HG3, EU19) is widely accepted as a Slavic gene marker amongst those of European heritage. R1a didn't originate in Slavs, but it is now extremely common in us, and was probably even more common when we were a single entity. The marker probably originated in Eastern Europe/Western Asia. Though there is increasing evidence now that it may have come from Central Asian Caucasoids.
[QUOTE=ladygoeth33]It's something else then. There is a look, though. ;)

norda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Just to compare „Slavic mask” on some German faces from Hamburg. I have just found few with un-Slavic look but many German girls could pass into “Slavic mask”. Please note differences in face shape, and proportions in the lips-eyes region. Also shape of eyes shows differences (Slavic are round and symmetric?)

Vojvoda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 05:44 PM

Ha! good point:)

Pozdrav BELI brate hehe.

Vojvoda
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Providenje, if you saw our and your lady and had to guess which is which, would you have a hard time? I know I wouldn't. I am just too used to seeing these regional variants on a daily basis (althought these two are probably not the same sub-racially).

Btw., yours is more classically beautiful while ours is cuter and sultrier :) IMO.

You're right."Regional variants" is the key phrase. The Serbian girl looks more humble, yes.

goidelicwarrior
Monday, February 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM

Could you please show some modern examples of light-pigmented South Europeans? Hey Volksman.. I live a lot in Sweden..im at at racial gathering.. if u wanna make a judgement.. Northern Spain is my origin.

Evolved
Monday, February 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
http://www.swisspolice.ch/e/1_persfdg/aktuell1.htm

I'm surprised they let out the politically incorrect info that all the worst criminals in Switzerland are foreigners. This one looks like a gypsy:

http://www.swisspolice.ch/images/1_persfdg/therqaj_ardian2.jpg

No offense Vlad Cletus, but Albanians are not especially liked anywhere. Kind of like Europe's version of the 'wetback.' There's some family living in a decent size house who fly a *huge* Albanian flag from a flagpole in their yard. Someone complained that it was an "eyesore." :P For the most part people in my neighborhood are Polaks and don't like them, the Albanians crowd a family of 6-10 people in a little apartment and use welfare and the young guys are always driving around blasting their gay music. They have weird habits. They buy nice cars somehow, but never drive them anywhere. They go out to their cars to smoke cigarettes and talk. And then there was this dumbass (http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/wcrash18_20030718.htm) who robbed a bank using a get-away car with vanity plates that read "LAWFULL" (:lol).

Vlad Cletus
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004, 01:41 AM
I'm surprised they let out the politically incorrect info that all the worst criminals in Switzerland are foreigners. This one looks like a gypsy:

http://www.swisspolice.ch/images/1_persfdg/therqaj_ardian2.jpg

No offense Vlad Cletus, but Albanians are not especially liked anywhere. Kind of like Europe's version of the 'wetback.' There's some family living in a decent size house who fly a *huge* Albanian flag from a flagpole in their yard. Someone complained that it was an "eyesore." :P For the most part people in my neighborhood are Polaks and don't like them, the Albanians crowd a family of 6-10 people in a little apartment and use welfare and the young guys are always driving around blasting their gay music. They have weird habits. They buy nice cars somehow, but never drive them anywhere. They go out to their cars to smoke cigarettes and talk. And then there was this dumbass (http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/wcrash18_20030718.htm) who robbed a bank using a get-away car with vanity plates that read "LAWFULL" (:lol).

Sure, Albanians cause trouble, I'll agree with you on that. But still, I don't think you're the one facing the tides of Mestizo-Mexican invasions as I do over here. I would say that Albanians are a bit better behaved than Mesitzo.

The fact that 70% of Albania's population follows Islam makes me grieve. Skenderbeg held out well, but not long enough, and that's the result.

goidelicwarrior
Wednesday, February 4th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Well, in
I personally have nothing against Meds, I like their culture, language, fashion, music, food, etc. What I don't like is seeing a Med romantically with a Nord, it irritates me. It's not a selfish motive either, it's respect for racial boundaries. If times were different, and our nations were secure, I probably wouldn't care as much, but racial preservation is at a crucial point now. ooh man.. living in the melting pot of America.. u must be constantly irritated.. :D meds must be the least of your concerns...

Gesta Bellica
Wednesday, February 4th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Sure, Albanians cause trouble, I'll agree with you on that. But still, I don't think you're the one facing the tides of Mestizo-Mexican invasions as I do over here. I would say that Albanians are a bit better behaved than Mesitzo.

The fact that 70% of Albania's population follows Islam makes me grieve. Skenderbeg held out well, but not long enough, and that's the result.

Albanians are one of the most cruel population in Europe, they are simply heartless.
Here in Italy they kill, rob and rape like no other; they even force their sisters and cousins to be prostitutes in order to get easy money.
I have also read an article where it was said that they are dominating the Criminality scene in London killing every ethnic clan in their way like Turks or Chinese criminals.
Northern africans are far more here but they are not so specialized in violent crimes as Albanians

Vojvoda
Wednesday, February 4th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Albanians are one of the most cruel population in Europe, they are simply heartless.

Yes, but according to BBC and CNN the Serbs are cruel and heartless.

http://user.sezampro.yu/~ljubisha/gallery3.html

Gesta Bellica
Wednesday, February 4th, 2004, 07:56 PM

http://user.sezampro.yu/~ljubisha/gallery3.html

And accortdign to them misgeneration is good etc..
We have serbs, croatians, etc here and still i gotta hear about a band of them stealing and killing like albanians do ;)
It's rather the opposite, Kosovarians, Bosnians and Gypsies always call themselves "Yugoslavians" here, in a pathetic attempt to look more respectable just jumping on the same bandwagon with people that are normal and have nothing to deal with them.
Milosevic was doing the right thing for me, u cannot deal with such scum, they just understand the reason of strength

rusalka
Wednesday, February 4th, 2004, 08:01 PM

Unfortunately it's the same for most people here in the U.S, too. Even those people who are supposedly learned in history and politics agree that the Serbs were the ones "who started it all" and commited most of the "crimes against humanity". I have a hard time figuring out how people can get that naive, believing in a fairy tale kind of "good vs evil" stereotype. When the war had first started I was in high school and I remember the kids in my class calling me "impious Serb", "Serbian offspring" and similar. Well of course, jokingly, but that was because we were only around 13, I guess. There's no limit to brainwashing.

Louky
Thursday, February 5th, 2004, 03:34 PM
ooh man.. living in the melting pot of America.. u must be constantly irritated...

I know I am. Watching mestizos invade my state keeps me reaching for "comfort food." Will diversity make me fat?

Karnos
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:38 AM

I don't know if it's been said before, but who cares. Alexander the Great was neither blond nor blue eyed. There is a fresco depicting him, I don't remember where, but it is very famous and you probably have seen it either on books or the History channel... he was dark brown haired and brown eyed.

Karnos
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:52 AM
I did you a favor, here it is

http://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/CGPrograms/Dict/image/alexander.jpg

Sword Brethren
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Well, in my experience, it's usually the Meds who first get an attitude when a Nord asserts himself/herself as first being a Nord and then wanting to only pair with Nords. Similar to the attitude one gets from blacks when a white person speaks up as a white person and doesn't want to be around blacks. So then it just snowballs from there.

I personally have nothing against Meds, I like their culture, language, fashion, music, food, etc. What I don't like is seeing a Med romantically with a Nord, it irritates me. It's not a selfish motive either, it's respect for racial boundaries. If times were different, and our nations were secure, I probably wouldn't care as much, but racial preservation is at a crucial point now.
White is the race, nordic is a subdivision (ethnic group) of the white race.

What you speak of is ethnic division. We whites are already well divided along religious and political lines. You seem to want to throw in ethnic division. We whites need a unified race. That means anglo-saxon, celtic, french, iberian, italian, nordic, slavic, etc... We need all the whites to unite. Not to divide amongst petty ethnic lines.

Nordhammer
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 08:59 AM
White is the race, nordic is a subdivision (ethnic group) of the white race.

What you speak of is ethnic division. We whites are already well divided along religious and political lines. You seem to want to throw in ethnic division. We whites need a unified race. That means anglo-saxon, celtic, french, iberian, italian, nordic, slavic, etc... We need all the whites to unite. Not to divide amongst petty ethnic lines.

Ethnicity and race or subrace are not necessarily the same thing. Ethnicity usually refers to culture and national origin, while race and subrace are biological. Ethnos - people, nation

Such ethnic and subracial divisions already exist. The point of the matter is preservation of these subracial groups. We need not be political enemies, and I do not desire such a thing. However, when one draws distinctions, people usually become upset.

symmakhos
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 01:26 PM
I don't know if it's been said before, but who cares. Alexander the Great was neither blond nor blue eyed. There is a fresco depicting him, I don't remember where, but it is very famous and you probably have seen it either on books or the History channel... he was dark brown haired and brown eyed.
It's a mosaic, not a fresco, and the colour scheme would not represent reality. Observe that brown is the only colour used in the picture! It's a Roman copy (now in the Naples archeological museum) of a lost Greek fresco original, and the hair is represented as dark blond.

Tradition actually represents Alexander as very fair. Here's what Plutarch writes in his biography (4.1-3):

The statues that gave the best representation of Alexander's person were those of Lysippus (by whom alone he would suffer his image to be made), those peculiarities which many of his successors afterwards and his friends used to affect to imitate, the inclination of his head a little on one side towards his left shoulder, and his melting eye, having been expressed by this artist with great exactness. But Apelles, who drew him with thunderbolts in his hand, made his complexion browner and darker than it was naturally; for he was fair and of a light colour, passing into ruddiness in his face and upon his breast.

SudVolk
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 02:28 PM
What I don't like is seeing a Med romantically with a Nord, it irritates me. It's not a selfish motive either, it's respect for racial boundaries. If times were different, and our nations were secure, I probably wouldn't care as much, but racial preservation is at a crucial point now.
How exactly would you explain this "racial preservation" to a blond/blue-eyed Nordic English woman and her brown-haired/brown-eyed English partner ? And for "English" you might as well substitute French, German or Italian for that matter; there are even a few Nordic looking women in Iberia. Perhaps you had in mind a more perjorative position involving hundreds of swarthy meds boarding Maersk-Air flights to Scandanavia to de-flower Nordic maidens ? What about Nordic looking Montenegrins, are they allowed to breed with Scandinavian Nordics ? Surely the language and cultural barriers will get in the way, despite any genetic similarities ?

Glenlivet
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 03:49 PM
It is true that the pigmentation of a population varies. Nevertheless, the overall impression you will get by looking at several Northern European populations is different than from a southern population. There will always be atypical individuals, usually because of either a recent or ancient ancestry from another folk stock.

The issue is that brown haired and brown eyed English individuals tend to look like their countrymen of another pigmentation combination, although one should mention that brown hair (at least the very dark shades of it) and dark eyes are rare in England. I do not see it as an important issue when they are taken as single traits.

I think that most people are aware of who resemble themselves. Guys tend to like girls who look similar to their mothers. Perhaps it is difficult to tell the exact type but there are some subtle features that people can see in themselves and also the facial shape is important etc. I believe that the rest is usually something people have been fed with or that they want to try what is different. What is exotic is usually second best.

How exactly would you explain this "racial preservation" to a blond/blue-eyed Nordic English woman and her brown-haired/brown-eyed English partner ? And for "English" you might as well substitute French, German or Italian for that matter; there are even a few Nordic looking women in Iberia. Perhaps you had in mind a more perjorative position involving hundreds of swarthy meds boarding Maersk-Air flights to Scandanavia to de-flower Nordic maidens ? What about Nordic looking Montenegrins, are they allowed to breed with Scandinavian Nordics ? Surely the language and cultural barriers will get in the way, despite any genetic similarities ?

Scoob
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I think that most people are aware of who resemble themselves. Guys tend to like girls who look similar to their mothers. Perhaps it is difficult to tell the exact type but there are some subtle features that people can see in themselves and also the facial shape is important etc. I believe that the rest is usually something people have been fed with or that they want to try what is different. What is exotic is usually second best.
This is true. And one must remember, there is a big difference between what a man will have sex with, and what a man will feel love for.

Glenlivet
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:09 PM
The ultimate goal that we have is that the two coincide, but as you say, that is sadly so not always the case.

Another thing is that I believe you need an attraction besides cuteness. I cannot say if one of the reasons behind adultery can be a lack of such a raw attraction which is anything but sophisticated. Do you think that is a factor?

This is true. And one must remember, there is a big difference between what a man will have sex with, and what a man will feel love for.

Glenlivet
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM
How do you feel about a large scale negation of Nordid characteristics?

This is the second time I read something from you (this is an older post), and it's the second time you speak about this same issue (and in both drawing a comparison with negroes). And yet I still have to see one post of Meds asking for mating with Nords.

Speaking of attitudes...

Awar
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Mynydd's banned here... maybe if you visited Dodona... ;)

Glenlivet
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Is that an official invitation ;) :D ?

Mynydd's banned here... maybe if you visited Dodona... ;)

SudVolk
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM
It is true that the pigmentation of a population varies. Nevertheless, the overall impression you will get by looking at several Northern European populations is different than from a southern population. There will always be atypical individuals, usually because of either a recent or ancient ancestry from another folk stock.

The issue is that brown haired and brown eyed English individuals tend to look like their countrymen of another pigmentation combination, although one should mention that brown hair (at least the very dark shades of it) and dark eyes are rare in England. I do not see it as an important issue when they are taken as single traits.
I will not deny what Wittgenstein refers to as the "Family Resemblance Term" amongst members of a nation, but one must take some care in defining ones terms of reference. What is Nordic for a start ? It should surely cross geographical boundaries given that it is a racial concept. But what does this mean for a homogenous society in which many types exist due to ancient admixture ? There are plenty Englishmen who have a med-like appearance; my mother's father for one: an Englishman as far back as we can trace (300 years) but as brown as a berry, and only 5' 7". His wife (my English grandmother) was a 5' 8" English nord (with Norwegian admixture). Do you think it was undesirable or obnoxious that they married and produced my mother ? That would be a risible and virtually undefendable position.

There is a bad feeling surrounding arguments against "miscegenation" between northern and southern europeans in my mind - perhaps because I am the product of such a liaison. However it usually involves Nordic men disparraging relationships between "their" women and dark outsiders. It appears to be a sort of psycho-sexual problem, because I don't often hear it expressed about Nordic men with med women, which one would expect if the argument was consistent.

Awar
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Is that an official invitation ;) :D ?

Of course :)

Nordhammer
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 12:18 AM

You could also argue in the same way for Mediterranean-looking Jews, Arabs, Turks, North Africans, even Indians.

I basically agree with McCulloch's outline (www.racialcompact.com). America is Germanic and Celtic at its core and should remain that way. People should marry similar to their sub-race and ethnic background.

nemo
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 01:03 AM
You could also argue in the same way for Mediterranean-looking Jews, Arabs, Turks, North Africans, even Indians.

I basically agree with McCulloch's outline (www.racialcompact.com). America is Germanic and Celtic at its core and should remain that way. People should marry similar to their sub-race and ethnic background.

Well I live in America, and their is nothing exceptional about German and celtic people compared to other European Americans. this all nordicist propoganda.
The only reason you perfer Germans and celts? because that's what you are, but others don't put you on such a high pedestal as you do yourselves.

Who was it who said that "self praise is worthless".

Nordhammer
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Well I live in America, and their is nothing exceptional about German and celtic people compared to other European Americans. this all nordicist propoganda.
The only reason you perfer Germans and celts? because that's what you are, but others don't put you on such a high pedestal as you do yourselves.

Who was it who said that "self praise is worthless".

Anyone who looks up the statistics on the ancestry of American whites can see it's vastly Germanic and Celtic, especially prior to the 1900s.

If self-praise and self-love are worthless, then you are saying racialism is worthless.

Espana04
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Oh please, no one really takes this into consideration in America believe me. If your white your white, in this darkening country. Italian Americans are highly looked upon in this country. Your precious Nordic women are tanning their skin to the point of skin cancer, so I highly doubt that their issue is preservation. Besides the ones that do usually are all country bumpkin and no one wants them anyway.
Meds. are the least of your concerns and YOU guys really make a big deal out of an occasional Irish American liking Chachi off of Happy Days. The whole issue is not about Meds. getting upset at when you telling us not to touch your women, we could care less. Its about you claiming that we are un-pure dogs. You would wish for our populations do decrease in numbers to the hordes of darkies just so you can have your "preservations". At least thats what it seems like since I cant find any Meds. in Urban Texas.

Louky
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Oh please, no one really takes this into consideration in America believe me.
No, I don't believe you. People generally choose partners who fit into their own families in matters of culture and appearance. It's not a matter of supremacy or even a conscious act. Of course it's not a universal practice, but it is the general rule.

If your white your white, in this darkening country. Italian Americans are highly looked upon in this country.
Italian-Americans may suffer a slight stigma due to mafia stereotyping, but the great majority of Americans accept Italian-Americans as fellow Whites.

Your precious Nordic women are tanning their skin to the point of skin cancer, so I highly doubt that their issue is preservation.
Tanning is a lazy person's way of accomplishing something while lying around doing nothing. Hence, it's a practice mostly confined to youth.

Besides the ones that do usually are all country bumpkin and no one wants them anyway.
Here's where you reveal an important difference in spirit between the Nordish and Mediterranean people. We don't hold rural Whites in such low esteem or consider urbanites to be such paragons of intellect and virtue. A rural White in America often has a college education and still prefers to live in the country or at least a suburb far from the city center. The real concentrations of ignorance, intolerance, poverty, and violence are in the cities.

Meds. are the least of your concerns and YOU guys really make a big deal out of an occasional Irish American liking Chachi off of Happy Days. The whole issue is not about Meds. getting upset at when you telling us not to touch your women, we could care less.
Chachi? What the...?

Mediterranean-Americans are fellow European-Americans of a different culture and physical type who also generally prefer their own kind.

Its about you claiming that we are un-pure dogs. You would wish for our populations do decrease in numbers to the hordes of darkies just so you can have your "preservations". At least thats what it seems like since I cant find any Meds. in Urban Texas.
Meds also claim with as much accuracy that Nords are racially impure.

Allenson
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM
I did you a favor, here it is

Very Dinarid.

Night Ocean
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 03:49 PM

Arrian depicts Alexander the Great in this terms:
the strong, handsome commander with one eye dark as the night and one blue as the sky

(source: http://1stmuse.com/frames/index.html Alexander the great project)

To those who have prejudices againts mediterranean just consider that the greatest genious in nuclear Physics was Enrico Fermi, a tipically med. italain ( his wife depicts him in a biography entitled "atoms in the familiy" as being of dark complexion and with black and thick hair)...moreover, Mr Oppenheimer received in 1961 the Fermi Price which is the major distinction in nuclear physics, so please;)

Night Ocean
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 03:57 PM
Very Dinarid.

Hmmm... as far as I'm informed this is not a contemporary porrtrait of Alexander.I read somewhere that it's a roman representation of the christian age.
Would be interesting to find out if the artist just gave his own representation of the character (i.e. he portrayed alexander as he imagined him) or if he made the portrait according to liable sources (busts + depiction from contemporary written sources)

Awar
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 04:22 PM

http://www.france.diplomatie.fr/photos/diplo/diplo0007/photo08.jpg
http://archiv.radio.cz/pictures/politik/djukanovic.jpg

President of Montenegro Milo Djukanovic. Of course, Alexander died at 30, while Milo is around 50 yrs. old. but there is lots of resemblence IMO.

Does someone have a pic of
Alexander's Father King Philipos?
I used to have it, and it looks like a typical Balkanoid UP.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Good enough? :shrug

Awar
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
Nah, the skull reconstruction... I'm trying to find it on my PC. :|

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Nah, the skull reconstruction... I'm trying to find it on my PC. :|
Yes,that's a good one but I couldn't find it anywhere on the net.

Awar
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:28 PM
Found it!

Japetos
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
Found it!Κing Filippos.:P

Awar
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
Κing Filippos.:P

Que? The internet is largely in English. Try searching for anything under 'Filippos', and you'll find Mr.Jack Shit himself :P

This pic was titled Philippos.
Serbian version of the name is Filip.

Japetos
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
Que? The internet is largely in English. Try searching for anything under 'Filippos', and you'll find Mr.Jack Shit himself :P

This pic was titled Philippos.
Serbian version of the name is Filip.ΟΚ!Then,in Greek: Βασιλιάς Φίλιππος!;)
BTW,"Philippe","Filip" etc is a Greek word.
Filippos=Friend of the Horses!

Awar
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
I know :P Horse-lover :D ;)

anaktas
Wednesday, December 8th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Thats true. The Illyrians (ancient "Albanians") spoke the Albanian language. However, historical sources show that the Illyrian race was ALMOST ENTIRELY eliminated by the Slavs and the Bulgarians in the 7th century AD and by the Turks in the 15th. The turks brought their own people round this era, the Turk/albanians. This explains very well why the present Albanians have a triangle shaped skull. However, we cannot name all the Albanians Turks, because some Albanians are of Nordic appearance (which automatically makes them Illyrians and thus Indoeuropeans).

ANAKTAS

MAGNA EUROPA EST PATRIA NOSTRA

88 und Wotan mit uns

herr georg
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 09:08 AM
Actually, to the contrary, everywhere you go there is prejudice against nords. I was shocked to find threads started by meds that were blatantly anti-nordic started on skadi and were allowed for, with everyone admitting that nords were inferior just laying down taking shit, I was really suprised that members of skadi for cripes sake weren't aware of the now debunked greek and roman propaganda about 'barbarians' and we can now see through new historical revelations that the germanic people were very civilized.
Not only this, but seeing as the languages spoken in the mediterranean peninsula are indo-european, doesn't this pretty much show there has been a massive contribution to the great civilisations like classical greece and imperial rome from nordids?
Also, I find slavs criticising nords as ridiucluos. 'Nordic' is not interchangeable with germanic, if we are going to localize it then we may as well limit it to the far north european countries since thats what the word originally refers to, but the broader more widely used term refers to a phenotype, which includes many slavs. Slavic is a language family, an indo-european one, and the proto-slavs were nords.
Sure most of the nordish slavs are neo-danubian types with darker skin and hair then other nords not looking exactly like your ivory white cold eyed ash blond 6 feet tall acquiline hallstatt supermen but who cares?
As long as the slavs and meds aren't prejudiced towards the nordic race like so many are especially where I live (they don't consider themselves white, act like nigger 'gangstas' and segregate themselves as 'chocos' and refer to 'anglos' as 'white boyz') and nords aren't being lost in brown hordes then whats the problem?

Antonio
Saturday, September 17th, 2005, 07:22 PM
we are all European, some are darker than others... cant we all just get along and be one big family?

Lega_Nord
Sunday, September 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
the purpose of hating Meds is useless, You just make the Jews job a lot easier. What better we are in numbers than helping the Jew wipe one of us out and then your all alone to deal with the problem. I understand some are proud of being Nordic and some are proud of being Meds, Nothing wrong with it, yet fighting each other is useless.

Antonio
Sunday, September 18th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Ya know i totally disagree with all this stuff about i prefer this race, and you prefer this. IF your in a mediterranean forum and you talk about how beautiful the chinese people look, then NO ONE (who is of the mediterranean race, including me) wants to hear it... Im new to this forum, but i know not go TROLLIN in to other areas of the forum that dont concern my race. You can do it, but thats just looking to sprout an argument in a place you shouldnt be.

If you like the Alpines or you like the Nordics so much then go to the Nordic and Alpine forum and talk about how great and beautiful you think your race is... this concerns of all the race, those 2 were just examples.

Siegfried
Sunday, September 18th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Ya know i totally disagree with all this stuff about i prefer this race, and you prefer this. IF your in a mediterranean forum and you talk about how beautiful the chinese people look, then NO ONE (who is of the mediterranean race, including me) wants to hear it... Im new to this forum, but i know not go TROLLIN in to other areas of the forum that dont concern my race. You can do it, but thats just looking to sprout an argument in a place you shouldnt be.
If you like the Alpines or you like the Nordics so much then go to the Nordic and Alpine forum and talk about how great and beautiful you think your race is... this concerns of all the race, those 2 were just examples.

You do realize Skadi is a pro-Germanic forum, right?

Taras Bulba
Sunday, September 18th, 2005, 07:45 PM
This is whole Nord vs. Med stuff is really pathetic IMHO, and I find plenty of BS on both sides of the battlefield.

Lega_Nord
Monday, September 19th, 2005, 12:32 AM
You do realize Skadi is a pro-Germanic forum, right?

You do realize Skadi made Sub Forums, like Gens-Romana? Which are Mediterraneans???

Siegfried
Monday, September 19th, 2005, 09:28 AM
You do realize Skadi made Sub Forums, like Gens-Romana? Which are Mediterraneans???

You do realize this is not it?