PDA

View Full Version : Famous last words of a "Botanical nature".

Ogmios
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Are any Lounge visitors aware of 'Famous last Words' that relate to our green environment?, and of any poetic final comments on plants , or trees? before slipping off into eternity?.

The only example I have come across was the case ofthe famous singer Sonny Bono )of Sonny and Cher fame) who whilst ski-ing, unfortunately hit a Tree at high velocity and passed away shortly thereafter.

The Tree that was hit by the erring skier was a member of the species known as Taxus Baccata more commonly known as the Yew Tree.

Apparently , Sonny's last words were,
"I've got YEW babe........."

Ewergrin
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Hmmm....

:weird

Ogmios
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 06:56 PM
I apologise to all 'Lounge Lizards' for having ruined for ever that classic 1960's
Pop song by Sonny and Cher 'Ive got You babe' whenever they now hear it.

From now on when it is played on your wireless you will imagine a high velocity ski-ing impact of a cheesy singer with a tree of the species Taxus Baccata - ...'I've got Yew, babe'.

A serious set of poetic and transcendentally ethereal 'last words' of an environmental nature are recorded for Emily Bronte of 'wuthering Heights' fame died c. 1848:-

"I lingered around them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how anyone could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."