PDA

View Full Version : The Question of God

Jack
Saturday, April 22nd, 2006, 05:47 AM
Christ, apparently (as some here would have us believe) is a preacher of weakness - 'turn the other cheek', 'the meek shall inherit the earth', etc. at least some here would have us believe so. The God of the Old Testament, on the contrary, appears as an iron fisted strength-advocating deity of power. Contradiction? No.

The father - originator of the order of the universe (basic laws, as a friend of mine put it - the creator of the laws of quantum physics - the rest falls into motion) - the Son (Jesus Christ, the man who (IMO) was not literally the son of God, because God is the natural order of the universe, but the voice of the order of the universe), the Holy Spirit (man living in the proper rational order).

Christ's message not as a refutation of the deity of power in the Old Testament, but the completion - 'the meek shall inherit the earth' as a statement that those who live with God (God as the order) will naturally gain the earth at the expense of those who do not (for, failing the order of God is to fall for dissolution, license, degeneracy) etc. Those who even vaguely understand Plato's idea of the forms no doubt understand :thumbup

Which brings me to the point: Virtue is inseperable from one's relation with God - indeed, virtue is one's connection with God. And so Aristotle is quite relevant IMO.

I readily agree with Taras Bulba on just about everything he's said on social doctrine. Except, perhaps, economics.

EDIT: The Islamic conception of Jihad (purification) has a double meaning (inner purification, and fighting the enemies of God). This is perfectly compatible with Roman Catholicism IMO: inner purification, and the making of the world sacred (I lack the words to explain this properly). The meek shall inherit the earth...

Utopian
Saturday, April 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
There are two ways that we can interpret the passage of "the meek shall inherit the earth." One undoubtedly is the literal meaning which everyone is more or less familiar with. The other, however, is the inner meaning, which is almost completely unconnected to the literal. The inner esoteric interpretation applies to a state not in the natural order but rather in overcoming nature through theurgical operations. Thus as it would apply to a state of deep meditation or trance, there is in the magical tradition what we call the formula of "nonresistance" or "not resisting evil" since in this state every "action" causes a "reaction" the best thing to do is to pay no mind to any and all deviations on the path letting them instead wear themselves out. So here the term meek would be taken to mean "silence" or "nonresistance" and the term earth would equal the psycho-physical body. Read in this manner "the meek shall inherit the earth" would mean that those who overcome the natural condition, the "craving" of the psycho-physical body therefore have attained power and command over their body and self. It is thus a statement of spiritual truth.

For more on the inner esoteric meanings of religious terminology see my thread "One Problem with Modern Christianity" and for more on this and the "formula of nonresistance" and silence see Introduction to Magic by Evola and the UR group.