PDA

View Full Version : Which was your Ideal Traditional Indo-European Society?

Prince Eugen
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Please vote!

Prince Eugen
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I vote for Ancient Sparta because of the Warrior ethos and values they preserved and becaused of Sparta's eugenic laws!
But if i have the right i would vote also and the ancient Rome and the Teutonic option because they share the same values!

Blood_Axis
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I voted for ancient Hindu, simply because I consider the caste system as the ideal societal organization in its purest form, upon which most ancient indo-european societies where built. Not that I consider any of the above mentioned societies as any less important, however. :)

Prince Eugen
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I voted for ancient Hindu, simply because I consider the caste system as the ideal societal organization in its purest form, upon which most ancient indo-european societies where built. Not that I consider any of the above mentioned societies as any less important, however. :)
That is what i was expecting for a Savitri's Devi fan!;)

Oskorei
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Scandinavian. I like the way they managed to combine personal freedom with loyalty to folk and sacred authority. :)

And the berserker societies lived on among them long into historical times, when they were only memories among most indo-europeans.

All alternatives are worthy and inspiring societies though.

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 10:43 PM
THULE! :D

Hehehe, no really, I can't say. It's so hard to decide. I don't know enough about each society to say for certain which was ideal. Each of them is so interesting! Each of them is in many ways superior to our decayed modern 'zation.

What is ideal for me is a combination of them all. I envision a new Central Power, a Sacred Authority, a once again united Aryans: One Folk, One Realm, One Leader!

And this time the whole globe ;)
And beyond....

Taras Bulba
Monday, April 17th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Middle Ages.....do I really have to explain why?

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Monday, April 17th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Middle Ages.....do I really have to explain why?

Yes, please I'd be interested to know. :)

Prince Eugen
Monday, April 17th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Well Evola prefered the Middle Age because he believed that values of the Knighthood were more close to the Traditional World!;)

Cole Nidray
Monday, April 17th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Different people, of course, will judge the past differently, will make different decisions about which institutions and lifestyles in the past were desirable and which were not. For example, I have one occasional listener who thinks that it would be good to return to a time when his church ruled everything, and witches and heretics were burned at the stake by the thousands. And he thinks that I should be the first to be burned.

So the type of world we strive for depends upon our values, upon what we think is important. The person who believes literally in a Biblical picture of heaven and hell and whose primary motive is to avoid being cast into the fires of hell will want a different sort of world from the completely self-indulgent person whose ideal is to be able to amuse or entertain himself in any way he chooses, and neither of these people is likely to be attracted to a vision of a world which is best for our race.

- William Pierce

VIDEO (http://www.solargeneral.com/video/whiteworld.wmv)

Taras Bulba
Monday, April 17th, 2006, 07:53 PM
WTF? The Middle Ages did not take the Bible literally!!!! It followed the Church Fathers in taking scriptures allegorically.

Taras Bulba
Monday, April 17th, 2006, 08:01 PM

Well I cant go into great details but I'll lay out some basic points:

1 - The Christian faith dominated, but that did not mean that pre-Christian folk traditions did not die out as well. In fact they were fully incorporated. And the faith served as a major force in vitalizing European culture.

2 - the petty tribalism of pre-Christian Europe was overcomed, and out of it many of Europe's great nations first emerged under the guidance of the Church. Furthermore, there was a greater sense of European unity(in the sense of all of Europe's nations believing they belonged to the same civilization).

3 - somewhat related to above, under the feudal system and the principle of subsidarity: there was a balance between local and "central" authorities, which meant even with the greater unity of tribes and such into one national state(or kingdom), that did not mean each tribe lost its own particular soverign authority or traditions. For example, concerning the Germanic tribes that were united into the Holy Roman Empire; it was termed "The Holy Roman Empire of the German peoples". So while there was a sense of German national unity, it was not of an overly centralized nature that later occured in the 19th century. And of course each of these nations/kingdoms were part of the greater network of European Christendom.

In other words, notions of particularism and universalism within society were equally balanced and complemented each other. Unlike later notions of nationalism, which became overly particularist and came close to imitating the tribalism of pre-Christian Europe.

4 - of course the traditions of chivalry and knighthood, which to this day serve as true models of European manhood and warriorship.

And so on.

Taras Bulba
Tuesday, April 18th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Nordgau in a rep point corrected me in my point about the Holy Roman Empire "of the German peoples" and that it was actually singular, not plural. My mistake.

I do know at least that there was a reference to the empire being of "the German people" which implied some sense of nationality. Which reminds me of an old discussion me and Nordgau had at Phora with Fade, where Fade denied there was any sense of German ethnic identity during the Middle Ages under the Holy Roman Empire. ;)

Siegfried
Tuesday, April 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I couldn't really choose, since they all had their strengths and weaknesses. I finally picked the Germanic option, mostly for the reasons Oskorei already mentioned.