PDA

View Full Version : Skandonordid/Hallstatt women

Theudiskaz
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 04:43 AM
I have scoured the internet in search of people who fit the skandnordic description. It seems to be more difficult to find women than men. Here are some females I think are skandonordic. I have one picture of what I think is a very good example but I couldn't get it to upload.

I realise these aren't the best pictures but I would appreciate your assessments and any pictures you might have of skandnordic women. Thanks.

Theudiskaz
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 05:19 AM
Anyone? Looks like the Forum is dead.

Jäger
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 07:03 AM
Dead :flamethro

Anyway, the girl who is getting a pierceing looks like a good example, the first girl looks rather Nordid-Fällid (or Keltic), and the third, well I can't see jack :P

Theudiskaz
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 07:09 AM
Well, your Celtic asessment is interesting, she's a member of a Celtic reenactment group from France.

and the third, well I can't see jack
You know that guy? :bowlaughHahah, just kidding. You mean you can't classify any of those women (in the third picture)?

Jäger
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 08:10 AM
You mean you can't classify any of those women (in the third picture)?
Well, one has her hands right infront of her face, the other is making a terrible grimace, and ok the girl on the left looks quite Nordid, actually all do more or less, but I can't tell for sure.

Northern Paladin
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 08:16 AM
Number one I would have to agree she has some Keltic Admixture.

The girl getting her tongue piereced is just lovely and very Skandonordic. She would be a great addition to my Harem.:D

In the third picture the girl with the grimace you can't really tell. But the girl to the left of her looks very Nordid.

I would post my pictures of Skandonordic women but it would probably make the Skadi server crash.:wsg

But let me indulge myself by posting a few.

Theudiskaz
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 08:44 AM
Nice!:thumbup Hard to tell with the red-haired girl, though. Or is she the same girl? Are all of those pictures of the same girl?

Northern Paladin
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 08:56 PM
Nice!:thumbup Hard to tell with the red-haired girl, though. Or is she the same girl? Are all of those pictures of the same girl?

No there all different girls. Though I can see how you could mistake them for the same girl given they are all very simliar sub-racially.

The Black Prince
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 09:21 PM
I realise these aren't the best pictures but I would appreciate your assessments and any pictures you might have of skandnordic women. Thanks.

Keltic Nordid.
If frontal is corresponding than this one is Skando-Nordid.
weird pic, the woman on the left looks Nordid + Faelid admix.

bad pics for classifying.

probably too young, mostly Nordid+UP/Alpinid now.
Camera to close this gives distorted pic, but most likely Nordid
First one looks Nordid with UP admixture, second probably the same not sure..

vingul
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 12:48 AM
I have scoured the internet in search of people who fit the skandnordic description. It seems to be more difficult to find women than men. Here are some females I think are skandonordic. I have one picture of what I think is a very good example but I couldn't get it to upload.

The girl getting her tongue pierced is the definition of a Scando-Nordid. She looks extremely typical in every measurement.

vingul
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 12:49 AM
Number one I would have to agree she has some Keltic Admixture.

The girl getting her tongue piereced is just lovely and very Skandonordic. She would be a great addition to my Harem.:D

In the third picture the girl with the grimace you can't really tell. But the girl to the left of her looks very Nordid.

I would post my pictures of Skandonordic women but it would probably make the Skadi server crash.:wsg

None of these girls look typically Scando-Nordid, imo. Several are part, if not pred., Cro-Magnid.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 12:54 AM
The girl getting her tongue pierced is the definition of a Scando-Nordid. She looks extremely typical in every measurement.
Beautiful, isn't she?! That's the kind of girl I need for a mate!;)

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 12:57 AM
None of these girls look typically Scando-Nordid, imo. Several are part, if not pred., Cro-Magnid.

I thought you said that the girl getting her tongue peirced was the definition of a Skandonordic?

Thruthheim
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 01:02 AM
I thought you said that the girl getting her tongue peirced was the definition of a Skandonordic?

Vingul is replying to the pictures posted by NP :)

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 01:04 AM
I guess so. I was thrown off because most of the quote delt with NP's comments on the pictures I posted.

Northern Paladin
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 04:00 AM

Well there typical of Sweden. Which some say is the most Nordic country in the world.

Not many Skando-Nords are predominatly Hallstatt. I'm sure if I tried I could find better examples.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 04:05 AM
Well, skandonordid=Hallstatt. Same thing.

Nseag
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 04:12 AM
The photos are poor for a serious classification

but the second photo I think pred.Nordid+Dinarid

the first possibly Nordid+Brünn

(The "redheaded" I think it is stained of red)

Jäger
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 08:14 AM
but the second photo I think pred.Nordid+Dinarid

the first possibly Nordid+Brünn
No

Northern Paladin
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM
No

1.Faelid+Nord.

or what would you say?

Jäger
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 09:25 AM
1.Faelid+Nord.

or what would you say?
Depends whos pictures we are talking about :D

But I definetly see nothing dinarc in either of the second pics posted.
Your first picture, could be indeed Nordid-Brünn

vingul
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 10:41 AM
Well there typical of Sweden. Which some say is the most Nordic country in the world.

Yes, they are typical of Sweden, which may indeed be the most Nordid country in the world. Then again, Scando-Nordids are not a completely dominant population element anywhere, and even in Sweden they have considerable competition from Dalo-Falids, Baltids, Borrebys etc. The average Swede would probably look like a mostly Nordid/Dalo-Falid blend with a Baltid "twist".

Not many Skando-Nords are predominatly Hallstatt.

I consider Scando-Nordid and Hallstatt the same. So did Coon. I think the broader definition used by some people is mostly useless, as it neglects Cro-Magnid, Borreby and Baltid influences in the Swedish population, and the overgeneralization in turn forces a classification of nearly all of northern Europe and Russia as Nordid.

I found these examples from my own country. They are all within the Scando-Nordid/Hallstatt range, but not all are necessarily ultra-typical (not as typical as the tongue-piercing one, anyway):

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/0af/0af22b8cb484da4aae8eb2c3258ec47b.jpg http://www.fotothing.com/photos/d79/d79f230f900f45e7f2dc4cc7f1928fdd.jpg http://www.fotothing.com/photos/6c4/6c4549394633a6a055c379da9260280e.jpg http://www.fotothing.com/photos/bbd/bbd306ded2f9b47fe5b7932a6bb60612.jpg

Thruthheim
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 01:05 PM
Well, skandonordid=Hallstatt. Same thing.

I think Skando-Nordid is a more inclusive wider term for the general nordids within Scandinavia. Halstatt so i have been told, is more ofa stricter definition. So, they differ, but only very narrowly. Isn't Halstatt a Coon terminology, Im not sure when "Skando-Nordid" was first used?

Thruthheim
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM
I found these examples from my own country. They are all within the Scando-Nordid/Hallstatt range, but not all are necessarily ultra-typical (not as typical as the tongue-piercing one, anyway):

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/bbd/bbd306ded2f9b47fe5b7932a6bb60612.jpg

When you refer to the Tongue piercing one was typical, do you mean more of an extreme example?

This girl above, She seems perfect to me.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
When you refer to the Tongue piercing one was typical, do you mean more of an extreme example?

Yeah, they use "typical" for a specimen which exemplifies the extreme of a given subrace.

Thruthheim
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah, they use "typical" for a specimen which exemplifies the extreme of a given subrace.

I thought typical would apply to the most common variation. Extreme in itself makes me think of something not so common, more rare.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 05:19 PM
I know. It's basically the opposite of the way the term is normally used. They mean something like "epidome".

Väring
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 05:24 PM
I think Coon's Hallstatt theory is wrong. Usually people seem to mean the Gothic type when they speak of Hallstatts.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=51949

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM
By Gothic type do you mean Goetatyp?

Väring
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM
By Gothic type do you mean Goetatyp?

Yup. :)

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Could you please explain the difference? I asked Agrippa to explain the difference and he made it sound as if the use of one term or the other depended on the geographical origin of the specimen in question.

The Black Prince
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 09:48 PM
I think Skando-Nordid is a more inclusive wider term for the general nordids within Scandinavia. Halstatt so i have been told, is more ofa stricter definition. So, they differ, but only very narrowly. Isn't Halstatt a Coon terminology, Im not sure when "Skando-Nordid" was first used?
indeed, Coon referred to pure Nordid as Osterdal Type but also used the term Halstatt because the prime bearers of the Hallstat culture belonged pred. to the pure Nordid type. This where according to Coon the first to show the pure Nordid phenotype.

According to Coon in TROE:
Osterdal Type: The original Hallstatt Nordic, smaller-headed and finer boned than (b) or (c); occurs in many populations as individuals, typical only in Sweden and in the eastern valleys of Norway.

Lundman used the term Skando-Nordid to imply all Nordid native forms of Scandinavia, e.g. the Götatyp and all Tröndetyper.

In proper terms here on Skadi, Skando-Nordid is used only for the classic Nordids whether its a old Halstatt skull, a Gothic (Lundmans Göta type, not too confuse with the Visigoth type), West-Friterpian type, Norrøn type, Østerdal type or the Teuto-Nordid type from Von Eickstedt.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM
Well I guess that would make me plain Skandonordid. I have Anglo-Saxon next to Skandordic to describe my subrace because I show some Cromagnon features. But I guess this is within the range of Skandordid.

So Hallstatt or Oesterdal is the most gracile, pure form? What exactly does a Goeta look like then, as opposed to Oesterdal and Hallstatt?

The Black Prince
Saturday, April 1st, 2006, 10:08 PM
the Østerdal type should effectively border the Göta type geographically I doubt there is much difference metrically between the two, e.g. maybe a slight difference on average comparing 100 Østerdal type Norwegians to 100 Göta type Swedes.

Meaning it should be used interchangeable!

@Thiedishers: You where classified as Skando-Nordid (Classic Nordid) with slight Cromagnid influences, this would mean you are still within the Skando-Nordid range only not as textbook type.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, April 2nd, 2006, 08:30 AM
Depends whos pictures we are talking about :D

But I definetly see nothing dinarc in either of the second pics posted.
Your first picture, could be indeed Nordid-Brünn

What's Brunn about her? She doesn't seem pure Nordid for sure but I can't pin point the UP traits.

vingul
Sunday, April 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM

Yes; as in "type example". "Quintessential", if you will. This is, and has always been the denotation of typical in science, and that's the way it used to be in ordinary speech as well, until people started using it for "common", "usual", "average" ... as if English doesn't already have enough words to convey "normalcy". :P

So, typical never means "usual" or "average" etc., so long as the distribution of typical trait combinations is significantly less than 100% in the population in question.

Thus, the examples I posted are near typical, but not to the extent that they could be textbook examples. However, they are well within the "usual" range in all aspects.

vingul
Sunday, April 2nd, 2006, 12:56 PM
the Østerdal type should effectively border the Göta type geographically I doubt there is much difference metrically between the two, e.g. maybe a slight difference on average comparing 100 Østerdal type Norwegians to 100 Göta type Swedes.

Possibly, but I'm sure the discrepancy would be too insignificant to be of any real interest. The only obvious difference I have noted between truly Nordid (Götatyp, if you will) Swedes and Norwegians is a (weak) tendency towards alveolar prognathism in the former, almost never seen in the latter. That's it, afaiac.

If we go by what Coon intended by Østerdal type (= a modern replica of the "Iron Age Hallstatt Nordic"), it equals Lundman's Götatyp ("Gothic type"). His Skandonordid category makes little sense to me. I suspect that it served as a type of heuristic device for Lundman while he was attempting to grasp the bigger picture. Many people use the term Skandonordid/Scando-Nordid synonymously with Hallstatt Nordid/Götatyp/Østerdal type, so it's no less of a typological mess than what is usual here at the boards. :)