PDA

View Full Version : Various Frisians

The Black Prince
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Various Frisians from a Frisian motorbandsite (party pictures) and a footballclub..

Thruthheim
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 02:43 AM
They're good examples of AS's there :)

Thruthheim
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 02:59 AM
I've always felt the English and Dutch look very alike, Looking at these pics, it could easily be pics of Englishman.. I think maybe because it's pics of men from Friesland, that, it could also mean there is still a large component of AS in England still. Larger than i thought, considering i see no difference between those Dutch, and the English that I play Football with.

Theudiskaz
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Hell yea! Those are our kinsmen of old.

I guess that sounds kind of strange coming from someone who is not fully English. But I'm mostly English. Oh well!

Agrippa
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Mostly Nordid and Nordid-Cromagnid indeed.

Theudiskaz
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I studied abroad last year. When I traveled from Germany to the Netherlands there was a noticeable difference in appearance. Not only were the Dutch very tall and nordid-looking but they looked much more like the english. When I was in Koeln I talked to a German who brought this up too.

Agrippa
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:34 AM
I studied abroad last year. When I traveled from Germany to the Netherlands there was a noticeable difference in appearance. Not only were the Dutch very tall and nordid-looking but they looked much more like the english. When I was in Koeln I talked to a German who brought this up too.

Well, I think it depends on the exact region too, but yes, inside of Germany there was mobility especially after the 2nd World War, but before that time too obviously.

Thruthheim
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:38 AM

Well.. I have been to Holland several times, And i noticed they looked very similiar. I also read somewhere, that the Dutch and the English were most alike by DNA.. ? Im not sure if this is true, but I read it years ago.

Theudiskaz
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:12 AM
This might not be the same article you are referring to. I've seen more than one article about this.

Thruthheim
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:16 AM
This might not be the same article you are referring to. I've seen more than one article about this.

Maybe that was it, but instead on focusing on the difference between the English and the Welsh, the article's main focus was on the similiarity between the English and Dutch. Might have been spawned from the same study anyway.

Thruthheim
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:30 AM
I had made a thread on some examples of English folk(ages of 18-22ish) at a local nightclub.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=390992#post390992