PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your IQ?

Pomor
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:21 PM
What is your IQ, Skadi.netters? Also what is your opinion about IQ tests: do they reflect one's intellectual potential correctly or not?

Loki
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:24 PM
What is your IQ, Skadi.netters? Also what is your opinion about IQ tests: do they reflect one's intellectual potential correctly or not?

You go first ;)

Mine was measured at 145+ at secondary school.

Pomor
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:27 PM
You go first ;)

Mine was measured at 145+ at secondary school.

All right, the highest I scored was 145, the lowest 133. So I guess the right one is in between :)

Loki, check PM please...

Prodigal Son
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:29 PM
All right, the highest I scored was 145, the lowest 133. So I guess the right one is in between :)

Mine is between 135 and 150, based on American tests (combining both verbal and visuospatial subsections). My verbal scores are somewhat higher than my visuospatial scores (people always tell me I have a flair for language, lol) I would guess that I would score higher on a Russian test. I've been delaying joining MENSA for a long time though, because I've heard conflicting reports regarding the quality and mebership of that organization.

Loki
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:33 PM
As requested by Wend, whose idea this was, I have now incorporated a poll to this thread.

Pomor
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Mine is between 135 and 150, based on American tests (combining both verbal and visuospatial subsections). My verbal scores are somewhat higher than my visuospatial scores (people always tell me I have a flair for language, lol) I would guess that I would score higher on a Russian test. I've been delaying joining MENSA for a long time though, because I've heard conflicting reports regarding the quality and mebership of that organization.

What makes you think you would score higher on Russian one?

Prodigal Son
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:37 PM
What makes you think you would score higher on Russian one?

Well, as I said before, the one's I've taken so far have incorporated both verbal and visuospatial subsections. Since Russian is my first language, I would guess that I would score higher on the verbal subsection of a Russian IQ test than an English one.

Prodigal Son
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:39 PM
BTW, nice avatar, Loki! I've always been a fan of Andries Pretorius.

Loki
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 03:40 PM
BTW, nice avatar, Loki! I've always been a fan of Andries Pretorius.

:D Hehe... he was one of my ancestors. :) Actually, I am descended from one of his uncles...

Prodigal Son
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 05:33 PM
In any case, I don't think anyone should take web-forum claims regarding IQ scores at face value (my own included). People lie, especially when they have something to gain from that lie. I've met complete morons online (and off-line) who claimed to have astronomical IQs.

Nihilist
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 05:43 PM
I've always found it a little beguiling, that whenever the IQ question is raised in message boards, the responses are always in the 130+ range, and yet the average iq in western nations is something like 100.
Online Iq tests are generally inflated (Yay everyone wins!), so that may explain this anomally to a certain extent. However the fact that most people are insecure self deluded liars may also play a part.

....I was tested in high school and received a 120, which is high above the average, although you wouldn't think so with all these pseudo geniuses roaming the internet.

Prodigal Son
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 05:49 PM
I've always found it a little beguiling, that whenever the IQ question is raised in message boards, the responses are always in the 130+ range, and yet the average iq in western nations is something like 100.
Online Iq tests are generally inflated (Yay everyone wins!), so that may explain this anomally to a certain extent. However the fact that most people are insecure self deluded liars may also play a part.

Agreed. I think that the average poster on quite a few online boards (Original Dissent, for example) will have an IQ perhaps as much as a standard deviation higher thatn the Western average due to the plethora of IQ-intensive selective factors involved. On the other hand, this board does not exactly strike me as the creme de la creme of intellectual discourse (no offense to anyone).

....I was tested in high school and received a 120, which is high above the average, although you wouldn't think so with all these pseudo geniuses roaming the internet.
LOL!

Prodigal Son
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Assuming that the average IQ here is more or less equivalent to the Western average (and that's a more or less warranted assumption to make), the probablity that anyone here will have a an IQ of 140+ is around 1/2, yet we already have 4 such geniuses! What wonders, lol!

Loki
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Assuming that the average IQ here is more or less equivalent to the Western average (and that's a more or less warranted assumption to make), the probablity that anyone here will have a an IQ of 140+ is around 1/2, yet we already have 4 such geniuses! What wonders, lol!

66.67% of all people who have voted thusfar, are geniuses, it seems. Quite remarkable indeed. We should let Mensa know about this... :lol

Pomor
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 06:57 PM
OK, simple problem for those of you geniuses who's IQ is above 140. This problem was introduced by a Russian professor in one of the elite Moscow Physics Universitites for students. Those who told him the answer after 10 seconds of thinking - passed the entrance exams, those who didn't - failed.

Here is the problem:

o,t,t,f,f,s,s.... - continue.

P.S. I would have passed :cig

P.P.S. Its got nothing to do with Physics.

Phlegethon
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 07:41 PM
There are no standardized tests for international comparison and every test meters something else. I have my doubts whether intelligence can be metered at all. IQ is merely a construction and some people put way too much into it.

By the way, there are people with an IQ in the 160s who are unable to tie their shoelaces, cannot read or write and tend to wet themselves because the part of the brain that controls emotions does not work right. Also the highest as well as the lowest IQs in society tend to end up in mental wards.

Phlegethon
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 07:48 PM
In any case, I don't think anyone should take web-forum claims regarding IQ scores at face value (my own included). People lie, especially when they have something to gain from that lie. I've met complete morons online (and off-line) who claimed to have astronomical IQs.
I have found that the more successful strategy is to claim a lower IQ than the one actually recorded. Granted, IQ tests are far from a standard practice in professional life here, but whenever you have to take IQ tests (as far as I know only the army routinely does that here, but ou can do it in high school as well as at university) it pays not to deviate too far from the median IQ.

In sectors where IQ is really deemed relevant it does not pay to claim an exorbitantly high IQ because imost employers will do another test. And then you'll have to come up with a good explanation if the deviation is 30 points or more. ;)

Nordgau
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 07:57 PM
OK, simple problem for those of you geniuses who's IQ is above 140. This problem was introduced by a Russian professor in one of the elite Moscow Physics Universitites for students. Those who told him the answer after 10 seconds of thinking - passed the entrance exams, those who didn't - failed.

Here is the problem:

The answer is "e": one, two, three, ...

I've had the answer after ca. 10 seconds :goldcup - thanks to a fast click to Google. :bravo

Phlegethon
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 08:12 PM
In this case one does not have to be intelligent. It suffices to have a good memory. ;)

Pomor
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 12:05 AM
The answer is "e": one, two, three, ...

I've had the answer after ca. 10 seconds :goldcup - thanks to a fast click to Google. :bravo

Yeah, you got it :bravo. It sounds differently in Russian though - o,d,t,c,p... What does google have to do with this anyway?

Pomor
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 12:12 AM
In this case one does not have to be intelligent. It suffices to have a good memory. ;)

Hmm, memory? Are you talking about the original problem or about the Google?

Allenson
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 01:38 AM
Man, there sure are some geniuses around here!

It's been a long time but I seem to remember coming in somewhere around 120 or so...

Awar
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:22 AM
...I'm a member of Mensa, with 154 IQ measured, anyone want to make anything out of it :grrr

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:27 AM
We don't exactly have a bell-shaped curve in our I.Q. results. Any thoughts as to why.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:44 AM
...I'm a member of Mensa, with 154 IQ measured, anyone want to make anything out of it :grrr

No offense, but your posts don't seem to reflect that intelligence level.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not calling you stupid.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:48 AM
We don't exactly have a bell-shaped curve in our I.Q. results. Any thoughts as to why.

Because we try to keep high standards here. In fact, I've suggested privately that all new members should be put on probation. To become a member here a person must demonstrate they belong here with high quality posts.

I know some people think internet IQ tests are meaningless. But I've taken both, internet IQ tests and "in person" IQ tests. The results were almost similar. In person, 128, internet, 131.

Awar
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:55 AM
No offense, but your posts don't seem to reflect that intelligence level.

No offense, but the 'wanna make something out of it' part was a joke.

Evolved
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 05:36 AM
156, although I'm really terrible at math. :nerd

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Man, there sure are some geniuses around here!

It's been a long time but I seem to remember coming in somewhere around 120 or so...

I cant remember which level I reached in a IQ test at 10years, but it was above average; and yet, what does it help me when I have no job to use my intelligence, to bring it into fruition in a social meaningful activity?

Nihilist
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 06:13 AM
I have my doubts whether intelligence can be metered at all. IQ is merely a construction and some people put way too much into it.

I think that "IQ" is more-or-less a real phenomenon. Some people will use almost any argument against it because it bugs the shit out of them on an emotional level (sort of like race, you might say?). Debunkers try to find someone with an absolutist, sentiment based definition and target that instead of the wealth of scientific literature on the topic.

By the way, there are people with an IQ in the 160s who are unable to tie their shoelaces, cannot read or write and tend to wet themselves because the part of the brain that controls emotions does not work right. Also the highest as well as the lowest IQs in society tend to end up in mental wards.

I think it's worthwhile to note that it isn't what you possess, but what you are able to achieve with what you possess, which is important. IQ gives u a relative idea of a persons overall general intelligence, which regardless of it's discrepancies serves a valuable purpose from a reductionist/simplified perspective . Of course it tells you nothing about a persons personality, practicality, life experience, charisma, group cohesiveness, emotional maturity, confidence ect ect, which in basic everyday life, is generally of higher relevance.

Nordgau
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Yeah, you got it :bravo. It sounds differently in Russian though - o,d,t,c,p... What does google have to do with this anyway?

If you type in "o t t f f s s" at Google and press the search button, you immediately see the answer in the third match Google gives. :D

Jack
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 10:26 AM
132 in person, 154 internet test.

Awar
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 02:13 PM
I'm terrible at math too. When I joined MENSA three years ago, I was the only art student there, everyone else was either a physicist or programmer. There was a neuro-surgeon and some other doctors.

Excuse me LadyGoeth, is your result 156+ ?

Rahul
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:16 PM
There are no standardized tests for international comparison and every test meters something else. I have my doubts whether intelligence can be metered at all. IQ is merely a construction and some people put way too much into it.

I stand at a safer 124 then. But that afternoon was too hot earlier this summer. Is that when our braincells get barbecued? I mean how does that sound for an excuse to the high council? :D

Its not the IQ mostly, its the direction and frequency of thought which cooks up the brain by overheating the upperchamber.

I still say however, a cultivator is far better than the man of intellect.

Prodigal Son
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 04:27 PM

I certainly do. The MENSA IQ Test (Catell's Culture-Fair IQ Test) has a standard deviation of 24 vis-a-vis a standard deviation of 15 for most other IQ tests. Thus, a score of 154 on the MENSA IQ test is really 133.75 on any other IQ test. This may be a source of confusion for many people here.

Awar
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know this could cause a confusion.

Nordgau
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 07:40 PM
The only proper IQ test I ever made in my life was at my examination for the Bundeswehr six years ago, but I have no idea what my results were.

I just now tried two German tests in the net. At this (http://www.testedich.de/tests/iqtest.php3) one, I had 141 (Max: 150). I failed at the questions 2 and 3 and - my shame - at the last question which was easy, but a trick ("the product of all numbers from 0 to 25" :doh :shoot :headbang )

Then I tried the so-called Euro-test (http://www.spide.de/iq.shtml) with a time counter. Finished in exact twenty minutes, I had with all questions answered correctly (one was the same as in the first text), a result of 168 (Max: 174). :goldcup :bravo :victory :jeer :eking :hitler But I heartily doubt that this is the "last truth" - though I would like it :eking. It's only divided in a couple of "What's the logical next number?" and "What's the logical next figure?" questions. There were e. g., different to the first test, even not a few text or logical text questions.
Mathematical number questions are not my thing. These number questions here were quite baby junk, and I would have failed if they had been a bit more complicated (like the two in the first test which I couldn't figure out).

Triglav
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Mathematical number questions are not my thing. These number questions here were quite baby junk, and I would have failed if they had been a bit more complicated (like the two in the first test which I couldn't figure out).

Yes, that's a good point. My score depends on these mathematical questions as well, which are all too often ridiculously easy. That should explain the similarly high scores I achieved in internet tests (up to 160 and 170). Actual tests I have taken in the course of my life showed 126-141.

There was a funny show on a German TV channel, RTL, called "The Great IQ Test" or similar in which I scored 132 (German is not my mother toungue, though).

I don't attach any meaning to thse tests and I ticked 130-140 in the poll.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Here is the problem:

Why must there be only one correct answer to this?

dan-dan
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 11:56 PM

I don't think it's a very good puzzle. The names of ordinal numbers is pretty arbitrary, and might as well be the names of successive Assyrian kings. I say that of course because I didn't get it, but in answer to your question, cosmo, any numerical series you might be able to produce from these letters (as they appear in the English Latin alphabet) contain prime numbers, so I think the only answer is the one provided.
Good luck with it anyway!

Nordgau
Wednesday, October 15th, 2003, 12:20 AM
The fact that there are three number couples is perplexing and pretends a certain order which can be figured out through mathematical logic. In other languages the answer is perhaps easier to figure out, as the letters seem through themselves more arbitrary, just as they indeed are ...

Pomor
Wednesday, October 15th, 2003, 07:47 AM

Why not? Of course you can think of something else that would fit in this sequence, it can be anything indeed, but the purpose of the test was to measure your intellect, not your knowledge or the amount of books you've read. Usually people want to convert it to some numerical sequence or start calculating distances between letters, but the idea is to find out if you are able to think DIFFERENTLY ;)

Pomor
Wednesday, October 15th, 2003, 07:53 AM
The fact that there are three number couples is perplexing and pretends a certain order which can be figured out through mathematical logic. In other languages the answer is perhaps easier to figure out, as the letters seem through themselves more arbitrary, just as they indeed are ...

Yes, thats true however from my experience the number of people solving this puzzle is about the same disregarding the language they are speaking (in my case English and Russian).

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 15th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Why not? Of course you can think of something else that would fit in this sequence, it can be anything indeed, but the purpose of the test was to measure your intellect, not your knowledge or the amount of books you've read. Usually people want to convert it to some numerical sequence or start calculating distances between letters, but the idea is to find out if you are able to think DIFFERENTLY ;)

To think differently...about the days of the week. It is completely arbitrary. When given a sequence it is only natural to try to convert it into a numerical scheme because sequence is, by nature, numerical. Therin, of course, the weakness of these kinds of tests.

Pomor
Wednesday, October 15th, 2003, 08:57 AM
To think differently...about the days of the week. It is completely arbitrary. When given a sequence it is only natural to try to convert it into a numerical scheme because sequence is, by nature, numerical. Therin, of course, the weakness of these kinds of tests.

Yes thats true. You can think of anything you want just give the right answer after ten seconds :D

guder
Wednesday, October 15th, 2003, 12:08 PM
I hope you don't speak about such a test. http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/
England's average result is the best in Europe - 112
My congratulations ;)

Ederico
Sunday, November 2nd, 2003, 06:18 PM
I never took a real IQ test, they are unheard of here. I only took online ones, the first time I took it I was very stressed and hadn't slept for some days and I got the lowest score at 118. I only took two other tests when I was relaxed and rested and I got 134 and 143 respectively. It has been a while now since I took them and I forgot where I took them, but they are online tests and they aren't that reliable.

Tryggvi
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 10:35 AM
I never took a real IQ test, they are unheard of here. I only took online ones, the first time I took it I was very stressed and hadn't slept for some days and I got the lowest score at 118. I only took two other tests when I was relaxed and rested and I got 134 and 143 respectively. It has been a while now since I took them and I forgot where I took them, but they are online tests and they aren't that reliable.
The online tests of the International High IQ Society are very reliable, actually.

http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm

Loki
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 11:42 AM
The online tests of the International High IQ Society are very reliable, actually.

Have you ever taken one of those tests Tryggvi? ;) And if so, would you make public a result, or not? :)

Triglav
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Reliable you say? The membership registration looks like a "free membership site" sign-up. I'm sure my mailbox will be spammed if I complete it.

Tryggvi
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Have you ever taken one of those tests Njörd? ;) And if so, would you make public a result, or not? :)I had perfect scores in the Ultimate IQ and Culture Fair IQ tests (as usually on tests whose upper limit is between 130 and 150). I haven't done the test for Exceptional Intelligence yet, as it takes ample of free time, but since its perfect score appears to be IQ 180, I assume my score would be near the average (or within the roughly 15% deviation) of similar tests I took in the past (IQ 167-189 without considering flynn effect; IQ 176 flynn-corrected average.)

By the way, the most intelligent men alive have their own exclusive society: all Europids - two Americans (Maine and Seattle), a German (Munich), a Swede (Ängelholm), and a Greek. IQ 196+ required to join. Give it a try. :D

http://www.gigasociety.org/gigaweb.htm

Tryggvi
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Reliable you say? The membership registration looks like a "free membership site" sign-up. I'm sure my mailbox will be spammed if I complete it.Yes, they are really good tests; the best I've found so far online. You don't have to sign up or provide an email address to do them.

Nordhammer
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Have you ever taken one of those tests Tryggvi? ;) And if so, would you make public a result, or not? :)

Now why did you have to go and embarrass the rest of us? ;)

Nordhammer
Saturday, November 8th, 2003, 09:35 PM
I had perfect scores in the Ultimate IQ and Culture Fair IQ tests (as usually on tests whose upper limit is between 130 and 150). I haven't done the test for Exceptional Intelligence yet, as it takes ample of free time, but since its perfect score appears to be IQ 180, I assume my score would be near the average (or within the roughly 15% deviation) of similar tests I took in the past (IQ 167-189 without considering flynn effect; IQ 176 flynn-corrected average.)

By the way, the most intelligent men alive have their own exclusive society: all Europids - two Americans (Maine and Seattle), a German (Munich), a Swede (Ängelholm), and a Greek. IQ 196+ required to join. Give it a try. :D

http://www.gigasociety.org/gigaweb.htm

No problem, I could pass that with my eyes closed! :D

Not only all Europid, but all of European descent, and arguably all Nordish too. :) Even the Greek looks Nordish, largeheaded, fairskinned and blueeyed. :)

Although I'm aware of some Asians and hapas have similar IQs, at least in estimation. But it's not for sure until they take the test. :)

galvez
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Even the Greek looks Nordish, largeheaded, fairskinned and blueeyed. :)

Since the term "Nordish" is used in an arbitrary manner, it gives Nordicists leeway to "claim" an individual when it suits his purposes. For example, the millions of ordinary Meds who look similar to the Welsh are just Meds -- but when the Renaissance is mentioned, for some the light eyes and light hair of some Meds suddenly have a new meaning: the Italians instantaneously become "Germanic" (even though the Renaissance Italians had no more Germanic than I have Irish, French, and Guanche).

Meds comes in a wide variety of phenotypes. Many of the Nordicists in forums like these get a false impression of Meds because a select few (who are in many cases neither Nordic nor blonde, as they believe) make a hobby out of posting the most unattractive or swarthiest Meds they can find on the internet.

It's like selecting the most unintelligent or intelligent kids from a school -- two groups at the tail ends of a bell curve -- and presenting them as the "norm."

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 08:30 AM
I had perfect scores in the Ultimate IQ and Culture Fair IQ tests (as usually on tests whose upper limit is between 130 and 150). I haven't done the test for Exceptional Intelligence yet, as it takes ample of free time, but since its perfect score appears to be IQ 180, I assume my score would be near the average (or within the roughly 15% deviation) of similar tests I took in the past (IQ 167-189 without considering flynn effect; IQ 176 flynn-corrected average.) - Thorburn
I can vouch for that. For the last three years, I've use Tryggvi instead of a calculator. :)

Vladek
Saturday, November 29th, 2003, 10:35 AM

I think those online tests are designed to hunt for your membership money, they dont give you real results......I did a little experiment with the test on the link above. I didnt read questions just picked up answers in random order and I got IQ 86 which is higher than average in some african countries. If you want to measure your real IQ take GRE test (timed!) , put your Quantitative and Analytical scores together and look at the comparative GRE-IQ table.....like I did. My results? Who cares......... ;) (trying to be modest)

dinarid love
Monday, December 1st, 2003, 09:43 PM
Notice how nobody wants to answer the question. I find that somewhat interesting.

Siegfried
Monday, December 1st, 2003, 10:36 PM
I took several tests, with results ranging from 135 to 145. If I'm correctly informed, these IQ-scores are however not definitive because of my age (17); they are still subject to some change (most likely in a positive way, I'm told).

Vladek
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003, 01:55 AM
Notice how nobody wants to answer the question. I find that somewhat interesting.

What's a point to answer this question? Just to prove that you're smarter than others? That's childish. It's like one asks how much money do you have in your pocket.
Btw: according to the poll most people on this forum are highly gifted :))
I'm so proud to be part of it :)))

Demigorgona
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003, 07:02 AM
136 when I was 17, no clue what it is now.

Krampus
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2003, 01:52 AM
127 as measured in high school. I think only initial scores taken on an IQ test are meaningful. What's the point of Mensa membership if you studied testing strategies to achieve your high IQ score? It's meaningless as it hasn't measured your true IQ as it is, but your own artificially created value.

galvez
Thursday, December 4th, 2003, 07:22 AM
127 as measured in high school. I think only initial scores taken on an IQ test are meaningful. What's the point of Mensa membership if you studied testing strategies to achieve your high IQ score? It's meaningless as it hasn't measured your true IQ as it is, but your own artificially created value.

This begs the question: why are "initial scores" more valuable than those obtained later on in life? It could be that in the case of two siblings reared apart one was more motivated to study math and engage in reading and writing than the other, thus artificially giving him a higher "intelligence score" than the other. (I am not getting into correlations, which do exist, here). It could be that later in life an individual has decided to use the potential bestowed upon him to build his intellectual skills. The "late bloomer" could turn out to outblossom the sibling considered precocious but whose growth was later stunted by either a lack of motivation or a natural limitation.

I am not so sure IQ has any real meaning -- weren't there great geniuses who scored mediocre on these tests? Richard Feynman scored 124.

Knowledge is, in my view, far more important than IQ (although they are related), which is, I suppose, to some extent based on test-taking ability. Knowledge is something you can use -- it separates the wheat from the chaff in society to a much greater extent than IQ. At best, IQ is an indirect measurement of the real thing.

Since IQ is based to a great extent on knowledge and is not a measurement of "raw material" as some purport it to be, IQ can thus be said to be an "artificially created value" any way you look at it. An individual studying the tactics of scoring high on an IQ test to get into Mensa is not cheating any more than a high school student who is studying hard for the SAT to get into an Ivy League school -- the fact that there are tactics for boosting scores proves these tests are not the real thing.

Nordhammer
Thursday, December 4th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I wonder how SF would compare to these scores. I bet we have a higher average IQ. ;)

Evolved
Saturday, December 6th, 2003, 08:47 AM
I wonder how SF would compare to these scores. I bet we have a higher average IQ. ;)

I guaran-damn-tee that we do! http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon10.gif

I took a real-life timed IQ test given to me by the psychologists and a psychiatrist in my high school where I scored 156 (this on my regular junkfood diet of Coca cola and potato chips and with bouts of insomnia). If I was a health nut with normal sleep cycles I might be a few points higher.

The psychologists were very interested in analyzing me and some other kids who didn't "fit in." It turned out that the "loners" were either on the slow side or gifted. We had some things common, though- we all were artistic or creative in some way. Well, I was a little socially weird but at least I was in the gifted group. http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon10.gif They took all the shy kids (about 7 of us) and formed a mandatory lunchtime discussion group to try and mould us into regular superficial teenagers. It was a total waste of time, reminiscent of Soviet indoctrination, and not to mention intolerant of our psychological diversity. A lot of the psychologists I've talked with seem to think young adults' personalities should be 'one size fits all.'

Louky
Saturday, December 6th, 2003, 07:19 PM
I, too, was considered gifted in school, although not so highly gifted as LG! Maybe the difference in our scores is reflected in the fact that I tried (unsuccessfully) to fit in.

I did join Mensa, however, just to be able to put it on my work resume. In the beginning, I attended the Kentuckiana Mensa functions, but was disappointed in the membership. Most of these geniuses just sat there like lumps--probably afraid of saying something stupid.

One time we went to a comedy club and they embarrassed the hell out of me. They just sat there with deadpan expressions like they were too smart to be impressed and so we all became the butt of the comedians' jokes (the tables were reserved for us as a club, so management knew who we were and passed the info on to the performers). Of course, not all the members were blanks, but enough so that socializing with the club was dull to intimidating.

There is value to Mensa from the networking angle and as a tip-off to prospective employers in an age where potentiality testing is illegal, but I prefer the company of people who can laugh at themselves.

Awar
Saturday, December 6th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I, too, was considered gifted in school, although not so highly gifted as LG! Maybe the difference in our scores is reflected in the fact that I tried (unsuccessfully) to fit in.

I did join Mensa, however, just to be able to put it on my work resume. In the beginning, I attended the Kentuckiana Mensa functions, but was disappointed in the membership. Most of these geniuses just sat there like lumps--probably afraid of saying something stupid.

One time we went to a comedy club and they embarrassed the hell out of me. They just sat there with deadpan expressions like they were too smart to be impressed and so we all became the butt of the comedians' jokes (the tables were reserved for us as a club, so management knew who we were and passed the info on to the performers). Of course, not all the members were blanks, but enough so that socializing with the club was dull to intimidating.

There is value to Mensa from the networking angle and as a tip-off to prospective employers in an age where potentiality testing is illegal, but I prefer the company of people who can laugh at themselves.

::Points finger at Louky::

<annoying voice> Ha ha! You're a member of Mensa, yeah right! >:-P

(joke, I'm a member of Mensa too, and that fact somehow bothers some members here... I had a similar experience with Mensa.)

friedrich braun
Sunday, December 21st, 2003, 06:16 AM
I did IQ-like tests when I applied to private high schools in Canada. I got accepted by all the high schools where I applied, but I don't know what my IQ is, and I don't really care.

Laedifox
Sunday, December 21st, 2003, 06:46 AM
127 when I was tested for the gifted program in elementary school, about 15 years ago.

115-119 range more recently, from an online test.

I'm not sure which one to believe.

Agrippa
Thursday, January 8th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Hmm, are your American tests to high or are just Genius here? ^^

Nordhammer
Thursday, January 8th, 2004, 02:53 PM
::Points finger at Louky::

<annoying voice> Ha ha! You're a member of Mensa, yeah right! >:-P

(joke, I'm a member of Mensa too, and that fact somehow bothers some members here... I had a similar experience with Mensa.)

Hey, just because Louky is more mature than you doesn't mean he's not intelligent. :D In fact I would say maturity correlates with intelligence.

High IQ doesn't necessarily mean "smart" in all aspects. Many are specialized in a way, are great at math and visio-spatial but that's about it, like Mongoloids. Universal geniuses are more rare, and tend to be European males who are more creative.

Performance and passion is also important. Someone could have an exceptional IQ yet do little with it in life other than gloat. I had a friend who always felt so proud of his IQ score, talked about how he could be a doctor or succeed at anything, yet he's working a menial job barely breaking $25k a year. Maybe he will get promoted in time. Even though his IQ is sufficient for being a doctor or labwork, he's far too lazy to dedicate himself to going to school for that long. So other factors are definitely involved in what a person will or can achieve. Arthur Hu cites Asians as having a stronger work ethic, more studious, and this translates into functioning at a higher IQ level.

I could join Mensa, but why bother? I had a friend who went to the meetings and he said he didn't like the people, they were all snotty and just talked about how stupid other people were. Sounds like a waste of time to me, and a waste of money. John "Birdman" Bryant also shows that Mensans aren't that different from the typical population either when it comes to lemmingness and fear of the Jews. Actually, high IQ liberals can be even more of a pain in the ass, because all they do is argue with you and think they know everything.

I was one of 5 people out of 2000 who scored a perfect 100 on a logic test to be accepted for a programming job. I even bested my "higher IQ" friend. :D Damn that felt good! Read'em and weep, baby!

Loach
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 02:58 AM
I took that emode IQ test a while ago and got either a 140 or 145, i cant remember which. If you don't trust that, I scored 1420 on my PSAT.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were indeed a lot of "geniuses" here, since the people who break the influence of the jewish media on their minds and seek out sites like this are likely going to be smarter than your average joe.

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I took that emode IQ test a while ago and got either a 140 or 145, i cant remember which. If you don't trust that, I scored 1420 on my PSAT.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were indeed a lot of "geniuses" here, since the people who break the influence of the jewish media on their minds and seek out sites like this are likely going to be smarter than your average joe.

Skadi attracts higher intelligent people. I'd like to discourage those with 125 IQ or less from coming here.

Siegfried
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:38 PM
I took several tests, with results ranging from 135 to 145. If I'm correctly informed, these IQ-scores are however not definitive because of my age (17); they are still subject to some change (most likely in a positive way, I'm told).

I just took another online IQ-test, which took it down to 131. Lowest yet, but perhaps more reliable than the other tests - I don't know.

Scoob
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 04:45 AM
I consider my IQ score to correlate most directly with my propensity to be a smart-ass and wierdo :D

How much it correlates with intelligence... eh, who cares? Stupid people don't know they're stupid, so what's the point of thinking you're smart?

cosmocreator
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 04:57 AM
I consider my IQ score to correlate most directly with my propensity to be a smart-ass and wierdo :D

How much it correlates with intelligence... eh, who cares? Stupid people don't know they're stupid, so what's the point of thinking you're smart?

I've responded to this here:
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=97629#post97629

Demigorgona
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 06:39 AM
Skadi attracts higher intelligent people. I'd like to discourage those with 125 IQ or less from coming here.
haha instute an IQ test you must take before registering and if you fail, you don't get to join us here. Sounds good to me. Less trolls that way. ;)

berserkergrrl
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 11:47 PM
I scored 128 I think and I got bored half way through and just started marking stuff to get done :-O I don't see how that measures much,my man's is higher but I have ALOT higher "emotional intelligence" which he has almost none!:D

kinvolk
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 12:41 AM
what a smart bunch of folks we got here!

Northern Paladin
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Quite low for a Germanic college graduate :( 112

hyidi
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Quite low for a Germanic college graduate :( 112

My sister got 103 and she is a very smart girl. You should be proud! It is a great score.

Goomer
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 03:49 PM
As one of the few true liberals in here, and as one who perhaps differs in a lot of the fundamental ideologies prevalent to most Skadiites, at least my IQ should put me in the ballpark of not being a dipshit:) It's over 125, but by how much, I do not know. My understanding is that I tested somewhere about 140ish when I was a child. My guess now is that my IQ will fit somewhere in the ballpark of 135-150ish, depending on who you ask.

My lovely daughter, who hasn't been on here much, is somewhere in the 150s or thereabouts, based on her achievement test scores and her SATs. She is a bright one.

Average IQ to be found at your typical American University is approximately 115. Minimum IQ required to succeed in graduate school is approximately 125, or so I've been told:)

Žoreišar
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 03:57 PM
From IQ tests on the internet, I've gotten everything from 116 to 139. I don't think one should trust these tests too much, and even if, intelligence isn't everything. I value qualities as creativity and empathy much higher when it comes to being successful out in the world.

Goomer
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 04:01 PM
From IQ tests on the internet, I've gotten everything from 116 to 139. I don't think one should trust these tests too much, and even if, intelligence isn't everything. I value qualities as creativity and empathy much higher when it comes to being successful out in the world.

Nice to see your mention of empathy. I couldn't agree more:)

floyds
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
In that I am totally anonymous here I will tell the truth. The last formal IQ test I took was for entrance to MENSA. I went off scale. And was immediately offered membership

Having said that and holding a Ph.D. in psychology and having done postdoctoral work in anthropology at Columbia university I must say it's a load of crap.

Which is smarter a dog or a cat? They are of equal intelligence for a cat has appropriate intelligence to be a cat and a dog....
For example if you set off a firecracker next to a sleeping cat the cat will awaken and exhibit flight behavior as will a dog. But by the 3rd or 4th iteration of the experiment the cat WILL NOT awaken for it would have learned the sound had no relevance to its life (posed no danger). The dog will not learn, yet a dog can be taught to fetch or sniff for diabetic changes or cancer. The cat only sniffs its own rectum (which dogs do, but can do other things. I must say in defense of the cat that after licking its anus it is not inclined, as dogs too frequently are, to lick your face.).

Now if one were to breed a truly worthwhile cat it would eat feces and defecate tuna fish. Now that would be a cat of note.

Sharks with minimal brain size are almost the top of the ocean food chain. The only creature in the sea higher on the food chain is the whale (orca and blue and sperm in particular). Yet on "I.Q." tests, forgetting the marine mammals, an octopus scores higher than a dog.

If I were stuck in the heavy jungle of the former congo I'd much prefer the aid of the pygmies or bushman to that of the Swiss Guards. Intelligence cannot be measured as a free standing concept. It is dependent on where and what is required of it.

The same applies to people

Sybren
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I don't trust these online tests either. I got around those scores as well on those online tests, but i think the reality is more about 10 points above average or something (110).

Never did a "real" IQ test though and i also think real IQ tests are not very reliable for me (or everyone), since i have moments when my insight/sharpness just isn't nearly as good as on other moments.

Northern Paladin
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 06:09 PM
High enough to find the fault in this picture:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BRtASsu3vYA/Sfa2qYpV2nI/AAAAAAAABD8/dSqergybq4E/s400/Blog+Fault+Pic.10.JPG

But not in this one:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BRtASsu3vYA/Sa0rc7wWhTI/AAAAAAAAA9E/lpYXHpjMdCw/s400/Blog+Fault+Pic+2.JPG

Kuzik
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I think I see the fault in the second picture. Why are the guns off to the side, but not off the picture. The sailor is looking over the ship's side, so it would be more sensible to leave the guns out of the picture all-together.

Kuzik
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
The last "IQ test" I completed put me at a score of 131. I don't know how legitimate this is though, seeing as it was an easy test from grade nine.

Northern Paladin
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I think I see the fault in the second picture. Why are the guns off to the side, but not off the picture. The sailor is looking over the ship's side, so it would be more sensible to leave the guns out of the picture all-together.

I think sailors have three white stripes on their collar instead of two, as in this picture,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_StfQ_dy7LhQ/Szvw7vKdbFI/AAAAAAAAF6E/lzukmrp8TAI/s400/SAILOR-TOP-GERMAN.jpg

Lew Skannon
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I thinkit must be at least 48..

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Mine's probably somewhere around average.

Goomer
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mine's probably somewhere around average.

Doubtful. Based on the way you write and express yourself here, I will make an educated guess that your IQ is ABOVE the average score of 100.

IQ/Intelligence measures have always been an interest of mine:) Give yourself more credit.

Hamar Fox
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.iqtestexperts.com/free-iq-test/questions1.php

Here's a test that should make everyone feel good. Two pages of ridiculously easy questions, then it tells you you have an IQ approaching 150.

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I've just been looking at what IQ scores represent and discovered that Skadi is either full of geniuses or complete fantasists.

Anyway, I was going to choose the >160 option (just for a bit of fun) but found that 11 other members had already beaten me to it!

:D

Hamar Fox
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I've just been looking at what IQ scores represent and discovered that Skadi is either full of geniuses or complete fantasists.

Anyway, I was going to choose the >160 option (just for a bit of fun) but found that 11 other members had already beaten me to it!

It's like that on every single thread about IQ scores on the net. Just Google something like "what are yor IQ results" and read some of the discussions that come up. Apparently, judging by self-reports, the average person is a lot smarter than the average person...wait, what?

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Looks like we have a decent bell-curve going. All we need to do is move some of the "> 160" votes to the "91-100" and "< 90" spots, rearrange some numbers, and voila!

Doubtful. Based on the way you write and express yourself here, I will make an educated guess that your IQ is ABOVE the average score of 100.

IQ/Intelligence measures have always been an interest of mine:) Give yourself more credit.

Thanks, I've never scored under a certain number but I'm still quite capable of thinking/doing really stupid things and not following directions. I know I'm awake so to speak, but not more so than anyone else. I think IQ tests can be very useful in some settings (weeding out the perpetually incompetent, or separating the truly gifted from the average), but on an average level I think they just measure the IQ-test taking ability of the test taker.

My score has improved with every online test I took.

Kuzik
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I think sailors have three white stripes on their collar instead of two, as in this picture,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_StfQ_dy7LhQ/Szvw7vKdbFI/AAAAAAAAF6E/lzukmrp8TAI/s400/SAILOR-TOP-GERMAN.jpg

That makes sense.

Ostara
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I am a member of Mensa and my IQ is 164.

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I am a member of Mensa

So am I. But I do not really feel the need anymore to point it out in treads like this. Oke, I just did ;) .

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 06:23 PM
So am I. But I do not really feel the need anymore to point it out in treads like this. Oke, I just did ;) .

We demand proof! :P

Hamar Fox
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I am a member of Mensa and my IQ is 164.

*Bangs head on desk*

Are people just going to keep doing this?

Fine, whatever, my IQ is over 9000 and I invented the universe.

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
We demand proof! :P

As you wish (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=1109520#post1109520) :P .

Thorolf
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:10 PM
*Bangs head on desk*

Are people just going to keep doing this?

Fine, whatever, my IQ is over 9000 and I invented the universe.

Well I invented the universe around yours, then secretly went back in time and created you to create the universe. I win.

Anyways, the last IQ test I took was in high school and I scored 121, which I guess is a decent score as its above average. Though looking at this poll I must be stupid or something. I do believe most skadites are probably above average intelligence. Though going by this poll the majority of the 102 voters are super geniuses. I find that one hard to believe.

Sybren
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I just did the online Mensa test and scored above the 98th percentile, guess i'm a genious after all :fhmm:

Don't hit me Hamar Fox :fduck:

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:23 PM
My score has improved with every online test I took.

Are you implying that my actual IQ could be even lower than 112, because I've taken more than 1 online IQ test? :-O:~(

Sybren
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I read that you can improve your IQ a bit, but not much. For example learning a second language can increase your IQ around 5 points. If you keep on scoring better on (different) IQ tests, i would say that could be partly because your IQ actually has raised because of it. Just a guess though...

The IQ system is flawed anyway, so i'd take it with a grain of salt.

I think people are better off with average or just above average IQ's, than superhigh IQ's.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Are you implying that my actual IQ could be even lower than 112, because I've taken more than 1 online IQ test? :-O:~(

Relax! Given that you're a college graduate and a fairly competent guy based on some of your interests, your IQ is probably above the national average overall, but average for the group of people you interact with on a daily basis.

Just take a real IQ test and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. Stop obsessing about it, good luck!

BritishLad
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:36 PM
dunno but id guess its between 80-100

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I just did the online Mensa test and scored above the 98th percentile, guess i'm a genious after all :fhmm:

Don't hit me Hamar Fox :fduck:

Can you post a link to that test, Sybren?

Sybren
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Can you post a link to that test, Sybren?
I did the Dutch one, but this is the international site: http://www.mensa.org/

You don't get an IQ number afterwards, but a percentile number (above 90 is "smarter" than 90% of the other people in your country.

But i think something's not right with it, because high rankings are all over the net, apparantly everybody is a genius ;)

Naglfari
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I took one in 7th grade (13 years old) and got 118.

Looks like I am one of the "slower" children on skadi so go easy on the big words. :~(

Sybren
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Why all the sad faces for good scores like that :S That's 20 points above average...

I think that's about my real score as well, maybe mine is still lower. Many people here probably post their highest score from some dodgy IQ testing site.

Naglfari
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Why all the sad faces for good scores like that :S That's 20 points above average...

I think that's about my real score as well, maybe mine is still lower. Many people here probably post their highest score from some dodgy IQ testing site.

Mine was meant as a sarcastic comment about all the "super geniuses" here. I should of added the :grin: at the end.

Sybren
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Mine was meant as a sarcastic comment about all the "super geniuses" here. I should of added the :grin: at the end.
Whoops.

Some really mean it though and it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet sometimes...[/excuses]

WorldGovernor
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't fully agree on as to their credibility in measuring intelligence but mine was measured 162 in college and 150 in high school.

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't fully agree on as to their credibility in measuring intelligence but mine was measured 162 in college and 150 in high school.

Wow, you're about as smart as Einstein :thumbup

Naglfari
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011, 12:27 AM

Okay you win. :bowking:

Berserkr
Sunday, January 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I'm not one to brag, but I just got my MENSA test results back and saw a huge fat 147 starring back at me when I opened the envelope. Needless to say, I am feeling pretty damn smug right now.

I am going to have this thing framed :D

Atavist
Sunday, January 15th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I just took the online test at Mensa (I had to take it on the Norwegian site since the Danish one is only for members).
6 or 7 questions couldn't show the pictures, so I just had to press randomly to go on. I still scored 115.

Hamar Fox
Sunday, January 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I had my first IQ test when I was about 5 months old. My results were somewhere between 276 and 673. The lack of precision in the results was consequence of the fact that no test then conceived had accounted for the possibility of encountering such mind-blowing genius as mine. I spent most of my childhood in laboratories, pieces of my brain being extracted daily for intense scientific research (they figured that I could stand to lose a good third of my brain and still be the world's smartest person, and by some margin), and at the age of six, I had the job of teaching my own class of supercomputers about quantum mechanics and experimental trans-dimensional interwarpation physics (a field I invented, no less).

Later IQ tests revealed that I'd in fact been a slow developer, and that my abilities as a baby drastically undershot my true potential. 276-673 became 3467-8000000, and various wars were started between nations desperate to have me as their captive. But, of course, the nation always won that had me as its counsel, and so I changed hands never. I spent my entire youth revolutionising the world from one solitary maximum security underground bunker.

I am the smartest person who has ever lived, but I must say I've met many rivals, not in the science labs, as you might think, but in threads all over the internet titled 'What's your IQ?' Who'd have thought that the internet of all places would be hiding such brilliance? A place where few people know the difference between 'there' and 'their' or 'woman' and 'women' also hides tens of thousands of the world's most powerful minds! Truly amazing! I believe -- actually, no, I calculated, because I'm smart -- that the seeming stupidity of the internet is in fact a devilish ruse to keep the world from tearing itself apart in pursuit of their invaluable wisdom. Perhaps to go to such lengths and then casually to reveal their genius in countless threads across the e-world seems contradictory: but no, there's genius behind that too, but a type of genius most are not, and never will be, smart enough to divine.

Unity Mitford
Sunday, January 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
As long as you are not mentally subnormal, does it really matter?

Some of the most ineffectual individuals are highly intelligent and some of the more 'average' people are the kindest, wisest, and most useful. Intelligence alone is worthless.

Englisc
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 02:27 PM
There are various tests around but I took this one the other day:

http://www.iqtest.com

I got 130.

Looking at the previous results, I notice that Skadi member's IQs, atleast self reported ones, are above the European average of c.100. Contradicts the media image that nationalists are all stupid knuckledraggers (though such people exist...)

chrisjqb
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Date: 12 November 1988, I was then 35.
CATTELL's Culture fair, IQ: 142 (99th percentile)
RAVEN's Advanced Progressive Matrices, IQ: 148 (98th percentile)

renownedwolf
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 07:06 PM
I doubt any of these online tests are worth their salt Englisc, I followed your link and half-heartedly answered the questions and also got 130, it is likely its a number they send out to make people more interested than they should be to hand over cash for more 'detailed results'. If I had an IQ of 130 I would be very, very surprised, I'm surely smarter than the average bear but probably not by a great amount..just enough that it makes it harder to cope in polite society lol!

chrisjqb
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 07:43 PM
66.67% of all people who have voted thus far, are geniuses, it seems. Quite remarkable indeed. We should let Mensa know about this... :lol

Well, Mensa knows already about me :)My profile on Mensa (https://www.mensa.org/user/4788)

Widersinnig
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 07:48 PM
I don't know. I cannot put much trust into free online tests. I doubt my score would be exceptional, though.

chrisjqb
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 08:37 PM
I don't know. I cannot put much trust into free online tests.
It is worse than that! You also cannot trust paid online tests! Read this warning (https://www.mensa.org/news/beware-fraudulent-web-site).

Shadow
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Looking at what would be the distribution curve, well, it looks like a Stormfront IQ curve, and that is not good.

Huginn ok Muninn
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, 09:14 PM
There are various tests around but I took this one the other day:

http://www.iqtest.com (https://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iqte st.com)

I got 130.

Looking at the previous results, I notice that Skadi member's IQs, atleast self reported ones, are above the European average of c.100. Contradicts the media image that nationalists are all stupid knuckledraggers (though such people exist...)

I got 146, which is creepy, because this is the same I've gotten elsewhere. In fact, the average of the 4 tests I've taken is 147.

SaxonCeorl
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Does anybody on the internet have an IQ under 120?

As long as you are not mentally subnormal, does it really matter?

I don't think so; IQ seems to be strongly subject to the law of diminishing returns. The higher you get, the less helpful those added points are in every day life. You get to a point where having more points might allow you to be a theoretical physicist or something of that nature, but won't really do much else for you.

Quaestor
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
I had my first IQ test when I was about 5 months old. My results were somewhere between 276 and 673. The lack of precision in the results was consequence of the fact that no test then conceived had accounted for the possibility of encountering such mind-blowing genius as mine. I spent most of my childhood in laboratories, pieces of my brain being extracted daily for intense scientific research (they figured that I could stand to lose a good third of my brain and still be the world's smartest person, and by some margin), and at the age of six, I had the job of teaching my own class of supercomputers about quantum mechanics and experimental trans-dimensional interwarpation physics (a field I invented, no less).

Later IQ tests revealed that I'd in fact been a slow developer, and that my abilities as a baby drastically undershot my true potential. 276-673 became 3467-8000000, and various wars were started between nations desperate to have me as their captive. But, of course, the nation always won that had me as its counsel, and so I changed hands never. I spent my entire youth revolutionising the world from one solitary maximum security underground bunker.

I am the smartest person who has ever lived, but I must say I've met many rivals, not in the science labs, as you might think, but in threads all over the internet titled 'What's your IQ?' Who'd have thought that the internet of all places would be hiding such brilliance? A place where few people know the difference between 'there' and 'their' or 'woman' and 'women' also hides tens of thousands of the world's most powerful minds! Truly amazing! I believe -- actually, no, I calculated, because I'm smart -- that the seeming stupidity of the internet is in fact a devilish ruse to keep the world from tearing itself apart in pursuit of their invaluable wisdom. Perhaps to go to such lengths and then casually to reveal their genius in countless threads across the e-world seems contradictory: but no, there's genius behind that too, but a type of genius most are not, and never will be, smart enough to divine.

Huginn ok Muninn
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 12:55 AM
Does anybody on the internet have an IQ under 120?

Sure, but those are the people who share cat videos on Facebook and give Justin Bieber millions of views on YouTube. They aren't interested in discussing topics at Skadi.

GroeneWolf
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I don't think so; IQ seems to be strongly subject to the law of diminishing returns. The higher you get, the less helpful those added points are in every day life. You get to a point where having more points might allow you to be a theoretical physicist or something of that nature, but won't really do much else for you.

Major problem in that regard is that most people in society will have an IQ that is around 90-110*. That would mean that people who score significantly above that (lets say two standard deviations) will have a harder time relating with a large part of the group. You might compare it with how well an average person might relate with a group of people who are clinically retarded (having an IQ of =<70 if I remember correctly).

*for the sake of the argument presume it is a society consisting of one ethnicity.

Quaestor
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 10:06 AM

Major problem in that regard is that most people in society will have an IQ that is around 90-110*. That would mean that people who score significantly above that (lets say two standard deviations) will have a harder time relating with a large part of the group. You might compare it with how well an average person might relate with a group of people who are clinically retarded (having an IQ of =<70 if I remember correctly).

Indeed, in several respects it can even be a disadvantage, just like being very large/tall is a handicap and you have to take the train, where all the seats are made for people of average posture.

Without wanting to brag —and that's why I'm relieved most of you seem to be a similar position— I am fairly above average, intelligence-wise, but I am also somewhat of an oddball, socially*. On top of that, being an ethnocentrist in an increasingly multi-ethnic world didn't really help to envision some sort of a future when I was at school, so while I did not end up in the gutter, I also didn't achieve much profession-wise (i.e. I'm not a theoretical physicist). In fact, my aim was to get into a line of work that would earn me a decent income while at the same time would leave me some energy to self-study. I did succeed in that.

I wouldn't be surprised if several of you folks can relate to this career story.

*(I know can be good company, and I can really enjoy other's company, but not too often, and certainly not everybody's; I know many people that I like or even love on the emotional level, but that I do not want to waste too much time with, because of their lack of depth. I prefer solitude over cozy superficiality. My wife has to put up with that from time to time.)

SpearBrave
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 10:30 AM
By looking at the poll it suggest that we are a bunch of nerds and introverts. :D

I'm not much on believing IQ test are a accurate way to judge a individual person, I have met far too many people that would score average or slightly below average yet have figured out life in a very successful manner.

That being said I think IQ test can be used to judge groups of people as a whole. If the trend is for group X to be higher than group Y than you will notice a huge difference in culture and sustainability. An example of this is black Africans, they have a very low culture and low sustainability.

Quaestor
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 10:44 AM
By looking at the poll it suggest that we are a bunch of nerds and introverts. :D

I'm not much on believing IQ test are a accurate way to judge a individual person, I have met far too many people that would score average or slightly below average yet have figured out life in a very successful manner.

That being said I think IQ test can be used to judge groups of people as a whole. If the trend is for group X to be higher than group Y than you will notice a huge difference in culture and sustainability. An example of this is black Africans, they have a very low culture and low sustainability.

While it is certainly true that an IQ, as established by a test, is no assessment of a person in his/her totality, it is in fact an individual test. And, of course, blacks as a group are less intelligent, but that does not mean that a smart black person (say, with an IQ of 130) isn't really that smart or so.

In a way, those smart black people are a victim of their ethnicity at large. If they would enlist in a eugenics program for a few generations, you'd have a completely different average Black African.

In a way, those Africans might be the victim of development aid, the largest anti-eugenics operation ever.

renownedwolf
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 11:45 AM
What you'd have from that kind of program is the Flynn effect, which if I recall correctly gives a 15% rise in IQ per generation because of the social factors involved, i.e Western Civilisation with schools, easy access to food, shelter and other programs that help increase potential, but over a population it would revert to the mean in no time when tests are restandardised.

Nordic Angel
Saturday, June 11th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I took several online IQ-tests over the years and I always had something between 130 and 140, so that's what I voted for. When I was six, my parents sent me to a psychologist and had me take a professional IQ-test and I got 132 there.

Hammish
Sunday, June 12th, 2016, 05:31 AM
Just posting this because, just because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzjn0N9g4g