PDA

View Full Version : Out of place

OnionPeeler
Sunday, October 12th, 2003, 09:40 AM
I'm an old man. But not far from the 'modern' world. A thousand diapers I've changed. Still, a "Women's Gathering" is alien to me.

You are different creatures, and we men, different too.

Romance is a glory to women, but an obligation to men. Yet glory is obligation and romance to men. And glory is strange to women.

We cry alike, but for different reasons.

She cries for silly things, often undecipherable. A flower given. A child walking. A simple kind word.

He cries for silly things, often undecipherable. A flag over Iwo Jima. A fallen actor in a violent movie. A hunting dog.

Yet we are one.

Ewergrin
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 12:12 AM
I like that.
Rings true.

Phlegethon
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 12:20 AM
I only cry tears of despair over women. ;)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 02:13 AM
I only cry tears of despair over women. ;)

Then how do you have time to do anything else? :P

Phlegethon
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Then how do you have time to do anything else? :P
Due to my ruthless Nazi efficiency I can do about half a dozen things at the same time.

OnionPeeler
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 02:40 AM
Every once in a while I tire of philosophy and wax poetic. He he.

Braveheart
Friday, October 17th, 2003, 04:35 AM
You are different creatures, and we men, different too.

She cries for silly things, often undecipherable. A flower given. A child walking. A simple kind word.

He cries for silly things, often undecipherable. A flag over Iwo Jima. A fallen actor in a violent movie. A hunting dog.

Yet we are one.

Today's happy facts:

Four males die by suicide for every female, but at least twice as many women as men attempt suicide.

Approximately 80 Americans take their own lives every day.

The suicide rate for white males aged 15 to 24 has tripled since 1950.

White men 85 and older die by suicide at six times the overall national rate.

Suicide rates for women peak between the ages of 45 and 54 and surge again after age 85.

NormanBlood
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:16 AM

Funny...I don't cry about any of those things...guess I'm weird or something:P If my child, I'm too young for one now lol, were to walk I think I'd only be proud. One step closer to making something of themselves;)