PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Physicist Bruce DePalma's Invention Suppressed!

cosmocreator
Saturday, October 11th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Harvard Grad invention suppressed.

"Physicist Bruce DePalma has a 100 kilowatt generator, which he invented, sitting in his garage. It could power his whole house, but if he turns it on, the government may confiscate it.

Harvard educated DePalma, who taught physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for 15 years, claims that his electrical generator can provide cheap, inexhaustible, self sustaining and non polluting source of energy, using principles that flout conventional physics and are still not fully understood. His N machine, as it is called, is said to release the "free energy" latent in the space all around us.

DePalma views his device as an innovation that could help to end the worlds's dangerous dependence on finite supplies of oil, gas, and other polluting fossil based fuels."

Full Story
http://www.mufor.org/nmachine.html

Phlegethon
Sunday, October 12th, 2003, 02:54 AM
Wow, an Orgon generator.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, October 12th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Bruce de Palma is dead now. I think it has been a couple years since he died. There were various models of his N-machine. He worked for the Pakistani government for awhile but I guess Bruce could not produce a working over-unity machine for them.

A take-off on the N-machine has been achieved by John Bedini. He just gives it away and info. is available on the internet. Use "John Bedini" as a searchword.

Von Braun
Monday, December 1st, 2003, 01:51 AM
This concept has appeared in science fiction novels involving interstellar propulsion. One of Poul Anderson's books comes to mind. Latent energy in the vacuum is "borrowed" and then "returned," as the universe is supposedly analagous to an atom in a metastable intermediate state (not in the ground state nor in the highest state, but somewhere inbetween, and its metastability means that it is being prevented from "falling" to the ground state, and if it were in the ground state, it would be normally stable) but somehow, the act of "borrowing" does useful work (acceleration), while the act of returning the energy does not decelerate the ship. The vacuum is locally manipulated (somehow) and allowed to return to its ground state (releasing energy), and then at some point elsewhere in space-time, the energy is "repaid."

I seriously doubt that the u.s. government could suppress this type of thing worldwide, if someone came up with it. In my opinion, it could have sound theoretical backing, but we are probably a long way from putting it into practice.

Try a google search on "zero point energy."

StrÝbog
Monday, December 1st, 2003, 05:40 AM
This concept has appeared in science fiction novels involving interstellar propulsion. One of Poul Anderson's books comes to mind. Latent energy in the vacuum is "borrowed" and then "returned," as the universe is supposedly analagous to an atom in a metastable intermediate state (not in the ground state nor in the highest state, but somewhere inbetween, and its metastability means that it is being prevented from "falling" to the ground state, and if it were in the ground state, it would be normally stable) but somehow, the act of "borrowing" does useful work (acceleration), while the act of returning the energy does not decelerate the ship. The vacuum is locally manipulated (somehow) and allowed to return to its ground state (releasing energy), and then at some point elsewhere in space-time, the energy is "repaid."

I seriously doubt that the u.s. government could suppress this type of thing worldwide, if someone came up with it. In my opinion, it could have sound theoretical backing, but we are probably a long way from putting it into practice.

Try a google search on "zero point energy."

Yea but doesn't all this sort of thing presume some kind of ideal system with zero entropy? One cannot actually remove energy from a source and then return it to a sink with 100% efficiency.

If we had no friction and could negate gravity, our cars would cruise endlessly with the engines turned off. There are a lot of things that would eliminate or at least drastically reduce our needs for fossil fuels if we could somehow suspend friction, entropy and gravity, which we can't. I think at this point a more productive field of research would be searching for alternate fuel sources instead of trying to achieve ideal therodynamic behavior a la Carnot engines.

I think the analogy to a metastable intermediate-level atom only works in the short-term, because the universe is apparently expanding and increasing in entropy, which will change its characteristics in the long run.

Loki
Monday, December 1st, 2003, 08:03 AM
Updating thread

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, January 12th, 2004, 07:56 AM
No, no. Bruce DePalma's N-machines were a lot simpler than this. As I recall, and its been awhile, they involved potential difference in spinning magnets or conductors. Imagine a table-top grinder with its wheel spinning, powered by an electric motor. Then subsitute a round magnet or iron wheel in a magnetic field (if forget which) instead of the grinding stone. Then, attach a brush at the center of the spinning magnet ("brush" as in a generator--this is a wire with some lead-carbon attached on the end to facilitate and electrical connection). Then, attach another brush on the outside edge of the magnetic wheel. It seems that there is a potential difference between the inner and outer brushes simply because of their position. This potential is then converted into usable electric current. This machine does work and there is absolutely no mystery to it. The problem is getting enough electric energy from it to power the electric motor needed to spin the magnet--or in other words---to achieve "unity". DePalma was coming close to this. "Over-Unity" would mean producing more energy than it takes to run the machine and is the holy grail of this type of research.

The Blond Beast
Tuesday, January 13th, 2004, 12:17 AM
"Over-Unity" would mean producing more energy than it takes to run the machine and is the holy grail of this type of research.

Only under ideal process conditions (i.e. each stage being itself a reversible process; each stage being but infinitesimaly removed from equilibrium as it progresses), is a maximum efficiency of 1.0 possible.

Just imagine the losses as a device/process becomes more complex.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, January 13th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Dr. DePalma never really did the over unity trick, but it has been done. Viktor Schauberger did it on several of his devices. Hans Coler did it on two of his devices, one, the "Magnetstromapparat", a solid-state device using permanet magnets and the second,the "Stromerzeuger", an induction device also using permanent magents and an initial input. A post-war British Intelligence Objectives Subcommittee report, "The Invention of Hans Coler, Relating to An Alleged New Source Of Power", declassified in 1979, confirms this and adds analysis by Dr. Frolich, and Dr. Schumann. This report is all over the internet using "Hans Coler" as searchwords. One Schauberger device, which flew in 1940, Kertl Werke, Austria, exists in Maryland, USA as a war trophy. This device was started using a tiny electric motor and managed power enough to lift an estimated 20 tons.

The cold fusion people still work and claim sporatic success but the problem is that it doesn't work every time. John Bedini, (use as searchwords) who built a free energy device similar to the N-machine, claims over unity. In 2002, free energy researcher Tom Bearden along with Drs. Stephen Patrick, James Hayes, Kenneth Moore and James Kenny, filed a patent, US Patent Number 6,362,718 B1, granted 3/26/02 for a "Motionless Electromagnetic Generator" which resembles the Magnetstromapparat in my mind. They claim it works.

As far as thermodynamics are concerned, this is impossible. There is a theory of reverse thermodynamics by which this is possible. Reverse thermodynamics is an aether based theory, so it is outside current mainstream. Also, it has never been demonstrated other than after-the-fact with descriptions of devices like these.

If even one of these devices has achieved over unity, then thermodynamics, as we know it, must be revised. So, thermodynamics must be revised in light of emperical evidence.

Just imagine where we would be if all these physicists, using all this very, very expensive gear and with billions in funding, would stop trying to impress their peers proving Einstein right and get on with the real business of helping humanity. What they have done and are doing is almost immoral.

The Blond Beast
Tuesday, January 13th, 2004, 06:42 AM
One Schauberger device, which flew in 1940, Kertl Werke, Austria, exists in Maryland, USA as a war trophy. This device was started using a tiny electric motor and managed power enough to lift an estimated 20 tons.

Some sort of "anti-gravity" then?

The cold fusion people still work and claim sporatic success but the problem is that it doesn't work every time.

The original work in Utah (1989) has never been replicated.

The most plausible candidate for cold fusion (itself subject to Peer non-confidence) has been that involving deuterium compression using sound waves:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/03/04/fusion020304

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004, 05:45 AM
Perhaps I should say "sorry" for trying to talk physics yet sounding so off the wall. I was not always this way, only after getting my head slammed against the wall.

As far as cold fusion goes, the "man" is Dr. Eugene Mallove who publishes a magazine called Infinite Energy, also www.infinite-energy.com
I corresponded with him several years ago regarding a German scientist, Dr. Ronald Richter. He was very helpful. I ended up writing an article in this magazine regarding some German free energy devices, but not the Schauberger device. I am afraid the mechanism for the lift generated by the Schauberger saucer is disputed. Callum Coats gives his opinion in Living Energies, but I think it is a combination of things. There is an energy component and that is the dispute. The 20 ton calculation is detailed in that book.

I guess my basic point is that there are free energy devices and similar things that exist in the real world. Yet, physics, as we know it, can not explain them. Worse, they don't even try. They would rather ignor these things rather than change their theories. The thing the clutch most tightly is the work of Einstein and this is what pisses me off. Instead of discarding this out of date explanation of the universe and use their intelligence and education to help mankind in this time when we need physics so badly, they stick their heads in the sand or at best try to "prove Einstein right". Who cares? We have much more pressing needs now.

Bruce DePalma was one of these men trying to help humanity. He was truly a "good guy" but was largely ignored insite of his academic status. The last I knew, the Pakistani goverment had given him a grant and he was working there. Then I heard of his death.