PDA

View Full Version : Combe Capelle and Modern Eskimo

Willigut
Tuesday, February 21st, 2006, 02:21 AM
https://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52273&d=1140488387

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, February 21st, 2006, 02:35 AM
I don't know the point which is being made here. I presume Combe Capelle is on the left. We do have to remember that Eskimo skulls are variable, especially in the extreme east and west of their range. This individual (Eskimo on right) looks long-headed and high-headed for an Eskimo. He also has extraverted gonial angles of the jaw and wide malars common to Mongoloids. Combe Capelle suffers from having his nose broken and the bones missing. In profile, Combe Capelle is a long-headed European. He might look Atlanto-Med. with some Bruenn influence. Note the rather low forehead. He is a primitive Caucasoid and has been compared to other long headed Caucasoids in the highlands of East Africa, Kenya, which were surprisingly Caucasoid in skull structure. Combe Capelle is a very early sapiens find in Euorpe, perhaps the earliest. He seems intermediate between Bruenns, Meds., Atlanto-Meds. He might have been the ancestor of them all.

Willigut
Tuesday, February 21st, 2006, 02:59 AM
I presume Combe Capelle is on the left. We do have to remember that Eskimo skulls are variable, especially in the extreme east and west of their range.

It is Inuit's skull.

Oswiu
Wednesday, May 24th, 2006, 01:24 AM
I don't know the point which is being made here. I presume Combe Capelle is on the left.
You assume correctly. THe caption is in some Slavonic language, not sure which, and says "Skull from the find Combe Capelle [left] and a modern Eskimo. ????width depite extreme ?strictness? of ?darkness? of oblique! [??? great detail] [from Weinertu]"
Doesn't seem Polish or Western Slavonic in general. Far closer to Russian, in feel. Bulgarian, perhaps?

EDIT: Ah, stupid me, Willigut is a Srb! What does it really say, Willigut?