Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 05:53 PM
So what is this girl? She sure is pretty

http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/jessica2.jpg
http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/jessica3.jpg

Thanks in advance

/DK M

Allenson
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 06:03 PM
She's obviously Mongoloid. I'm not familiar with any of the recognized subtypes within the greater Mongoloid family, so I can not be more specific than that.

Pretty much a no-brainer though....

Vojvoda
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 06:07 PM
She's obviously Mongoloid. I'm not familiar with any of the recognized subtypes within the greater Mongoloid family, so I can not be more specific than that.

Pretty much a no-brainer though....

I agree, where is she from?

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Could she be Inuit?

Allenson
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Could she be Inuit?

She could be. I'm not real familiar with their traits other than a few general and rough notions....straight & dark hair, short stature, short extremeties (dough!!), lots of fatty deposits here and there to help keep warm....

Vojvoda
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Her pigmentation is not dark enough to be a pure Inuit. There is admixture in her background for sure.

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Her pigmentation is not dark enough to be a pure Inuit. There is admixture in her background for sure.

I agree. She might be a Nordic-Mongolid (of whatever type) mix. Could be 50% Mongolid. Mongolid genes seem very dominant. I have seen Chinese-English first generation hybrids, that looked almost fully Chinese.

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 07:17 PM
I agree. She might be a Nordic-Mongolid (of whatever type) mix. Could be 50% Mongolid. Mongolid genes seem very dominant. I have seen Chinese-English first generation hybrids, that looked almost fully Chinese.

Sergey Bodrov, 1/4 Manchurian:
http://akter.kulichki.net/bodrov.jpg

I agree, Mongoloid genes do tend to be domiant, although I once saw a half-Japanese with lighter hair than mine.

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 07:17 PM
I'd say she's Uralic - Nentsy, Khanty or Inuit.

Ramses
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 08:25 PM
She's from Sweden and have a swedish name and surename, but I agree that she either look east-ugrian or partly inuit. I don't know if her hair on the pic is her original colour, if she were blond I'd say lappoid. The thing is that she has green eyes...

/DK M

cosmocreator
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Could she be a Sami? She kind of reminds me of Bjork.

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:02 PM
She's from Sweden and have a swedish name and surename, but I agree that she either look east-ugrian or partly inuit. I don't know if her hair on the pic is her original colour, if she were blond I'd say lappoid. The thing is that she has green eyes...

/DK M

No cosmo, not even the Sami have such Mongoloid traits :)

Despite her name (which says nothing), I'd conclude she is at least half pure Mongoloid (could be any).

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Could she be a Sami? She kind of reminds me of Bjork.

She looks far more Mongoloid than any of the Saami I've ever seen.

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Despite her name (which says nothing),

Indeed. That's been true in America and Russia for centuries, and is becoming true in such ethnically homogenous countries as Sweden. I am sure every one is familiar with Malou Hanson, former Miss Sweden 2002:
http://media.santabanta.com/gal/mu2002/ramp/sweden1.jpg

I wonder what her mother's surname was...

Vojvoda
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:11 PM
She looks far more Mongoloid than any of the Saami I've ever seen.

Off topic, What does "Saami" mean? In Serbian it means "themselves".

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Many Inuit Greenlanders have Scandinavian names. She, however, looks like a regular swede to me. Don't let the fur outfit and 'ethnic' jewelry fool you! Also her hair is dyed black (was red?). Lagodan.

[QUOTE=Ramses]She's from Sweden and have a swedish name and surename, but I agree that she either look east-ugrian or partly inuit. I don't know if her hair on the pic is her original colour, if she were blond I'd say lappoid. The thing is that she has green eyes...

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:18 PM
She, however, looks like a regular swede to me. ...

She looks like a regular Swede to you? :D

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Yes, Loki, it's quite a common look in Scandinavia, esp. Sweden and Finland. She is either; Swede+Exotic other or Lagodan Swede, which means Finnic/Uralic type and something else. Who knows these days?

She looks like a regular Swede to you? :D

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Also, she has chubby little cheeks, which makes her look more east asian than she (perhaps) is. You also see this type in England.

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Yes, Loki, it's quite a common look in Scandinavia, esp. Sweden and Finland. She is either; Swede+Exotic other or Lagodan Swede, which means Finnic/Uralic type and something else. Who knows these days?

She isn't Ladogan. "Ladogans" are supposed to be light-pigmented. She does not look like a Swede, or any other type of European for that matter. Are you drunk or something?

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:39 PM

No, I must question your sincerity with this statement. Or maybe you have not been to Scandinavia yourself? I have travelled to both Sweden and Norway, and never have I encountered such a Mongoloid-looking individual. I even have friends from far northern Sweden. They look nothing like this. You are grossly mistaken, I am sorry to say.

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:41 PM
dan-dan, could you please post some pictures of Scandinavians who look even remotely like this?

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:47 PM
dan-dan, could you please post some pictures of Scandinavians who look even remotely like this?

Even full-blooded Sami don't look like that. :)

I believe our friend dan-dan here is intent on pulling a few legs with his sense of humour. ;)

Allenson
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:47 PM

He-he, surely you jest. She may be part Europid Swede but her phenotype is indeed very Mongoloid.

Prodigal Son
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Even full-blooded Sami don't look like that. :)

I believe our friend dan-dan here is intent on pulling a few legs with his sense of humour. ;)

Well, what with the kind of morons and ignorami that infest the Internet, you never know :)

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Responses;
a)She is light pigmented, friends!
b)And as for Scandinavians and Scandinavia, I have been to Sweden and Finland. Norway and Danmark are different, but Sweden, certainly, lots of funny looking people!
c) I think some people are maybe a little upset with a Scandinavian that doesn't look quite 'right'. Hmmmm?
d) Please be nice. It's not personal, it's an anonymous girl from the internet!

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Responses;

So? Chinese are also light pigmented in skin.

b)And as for Scandinavians and Scandinavia, I have been to Sweden and Finland. Norway and Danmark are different, but Sweden, certainly, lots of funny looking people!

Perhaps "funny", but not Mongoloid. You are joking around here. We are not ignorant of Scandinavia's racial makeup and averages.

c) I think some people are maybe a little upset with a Scandinavian that doesn't look quite 'right'. Hmmmm?

No we aren't upset with her at all. She is just not Swedish, and your posts make us question your sincerity.

Of course. We never insulted her. She is just not ethnically Swedish. (perhaps a Chinese-Swedish hybrid, yes. But not fully Swedish).

cosmocreator
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Could dan dan be cbvnm by another name?

Allenson
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Responses;

Pigmentation does not make a racial type alone.

When we refer to 'typical' Scadinavians, we are refering to Europid types...namely those of Upper Paleolithic or Nordic inspiration...and she does not show traits of these particular types. She is clearly Mongoloid or largely so.

I don't think anyone is upset that a Mongoloid type is in Scandinavia (other than perhaps immigration issues).

Of course it's not personal. I didn't take anything personal. Objectivity is key.

Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you'd share with us your interest in our discussions?

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Loki, the pigment comment was for some fellow who insisted that a Lagodan must have light pigment, which she has.
As for her being "mongoloid", well, I think you are mixing your metaphors here, as "mongoloid" is a largely meaningless word in this context.
She could be pure swedish, she could be mixed. I have no personal investment in either outcome. I think people are caught up on the dyed hair and funky outfit, myself.

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Loki, the pigment comment was for some fellow who insisted that a Lagodan must have light pigment, which she has.
As for her being "mongoloid", well, I think you are mixing your metaphors here, as "mongoloid" is a largely meaningless word in this context.
She could be pure swedish, she could be mixed. I have no personal investment in either outcome. I think people are caught up on the dyed hair and funky outfit, myself.

She could not be pure Swedish. Unless you have this fluid concept of race, that say, Nelson Mandela could be a pure German, or Claudia Schiffer a pure Batwa Pygmy. Same logic applies. You are joking around, and this is clear to everybody here.

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Race is fluid, but I'd think anyone whose ancestors have lived in Sweden since time immemorial could be called a pure Swede. I doubt anyone who says that something is definitively not. It's illogical. Bad science.

Ramses
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:47 PM

I don't know if the hair is dyed, it might be but it can still be her originall haircolour. The fake-fur outfit is because of she's a member of a swedish band that appeared on stage with those costumes, but I couldn'd find any good pics of her in normal clothes hehe. I don't think she resembles Björk at all - Björk is one of the ugliest ladies I know and this girl is pretty.
Someone asked what Sámi means - it's a finno-ugrian minority in northern Scandinavia (of whom I'm a descendant from) but that girl can't be Sámi

/DK M

Awar
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Well......if he said the girl looks typically Russian...would Loki agree?

Ramses
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:52 PM
She's def not a typical swede, if I would spot her on the street I would clearly distinguish her from the rest (I'm a native Swede living in Sweden so I know)
compare her in this pic with the other girl on her left, which is a typical swede:

http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/sarek2.jpg

/DK M

Allenson
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 10:58 PM

dan-dan,

You are obviously confused. "Swedish" is not a racial type and racial typology is sooo much more than pigmentation. Why is Mongoloid a "meaningless word in this context"?

If you can not discern with your eyes that this woman is largely (if not solely) of the Mongoloid type and you only see "dyed hair and a funky outfit" than perhaps you have some reading to do.

Again, what is your interest here?

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Well......if he said the girl looks typically Russian...would Loki agree?

And this may mean? Do you mean Russians look like that? I wasn't aware of that...

Awar
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Just the answer I was looking for.

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Just the answer I was looking for.

No European nationality looks like that woman. Not from the Iberian peninsula to the Bering Strait.

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:22 PM
I know both of these things, thaunk you, dalonord. If you care to review my previous posts you will better understand this.
Also, 'mongoloid' is still meaningless, and also incorrect when used in discussion of PHENOTYPE, as meaningless as Swedish would be had I used it in that context, which ,of course, I did not.
My interest here is quite casual. don't worry, I am not an agent provocateur or anything like that. If that woman IS Swedish. You all can do the math.

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Thank you, AWAR. I think persons unnamed need to make up their minds as to what they know and what they don't know.

Ramses
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:27 PM
No European nationality looks like that woman. Not from the Iberian peninsula to the Bering Strait.

But Bering's strait is between the american continent and the Tjuktjer-peninsula in asian Russia, I'd say she may resemble the native Siberians over there...

/DK M

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:31 PM
But Bering's strait is between the american continent and the Tjuktjer-peninsula in asian Russia, I'd say she may resemble the native Siberians over there...

/DK M

I implicitly said European ethnicity. In this case, it would be Russians living there. Native Siberians are not ethnic Russians.

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Thank you, AWAR. I think persons unnamed need to make up their minds as to what they know and what they don't know.

Please clarify your statement, so that we all can know who you're talking about here. Then please tell us what your purpose here is, as dalonord has asked you.

Allenson
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I know both of these things, thaunk you, dalonord. If you care to review my previous posts you will better understand this.
Also, 'mongoloid' is still meaningless, and also incorrect when used in discussion of PHENOTYPE, as meaningless as Swedish would be had I used it in that context, which ,of course, I did not.
My interest here is quite casual. don't worry, I am not an agent provocateur or anything like that. If that woman IS Swedish. You all can do the math.

I've read your posts and you're welcome. Why is 'Mongoloid' meaningless with regard to "PHENOTYPE"? It's a very useable word that most people here understand and agree upon....and really, quite clear with reference to this woman in question. No matter, really. I'm not here to convince you of anything.

If you wish to discuss race and human populations though, I suggest that you do a little reading first.

rusalka
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:35 PM
For me it's just the eyelids that gave me the impression that she might probably have some kind of Asian ancestry. I'm not good with different sub-classifications of the Asians so I can't say which. I was thinking more of Central Asia, not China or the Far East. There are Turkic peoples who more or less look like her, like the nomads from the steppes. I wouldn't say she does look at least half-"Asian" if it wasn't for the eyelids. Hair color is not that definitive I think, and as for a low rooted nose, well it could just be a random nose that's not the standart European, but I have never seen eyelids of that sort in any European sub-race. And what exactly is wrong with not looking 100% Swede? So what if she has some other ancestry in addition to Swedish? She probably HAS some Nordic elements, I think, especially with the body type, because she's quite tall (I'm comparing with the other girl) and rather heavily built.

Why are we getting all ideological here, I wonder.. I'm far from being a "Nordicist" and I can safely say she does NOT look Swedish in the conventional sense. She can be as Swedish as she likes though, as I am quite Turkish myself without having any actual Turkish ancestry.

And don't y'all get mad at me! :)

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:36 PM

If "Mongoloid" is meaningless to you in physical anthropology, then I fail to see why you are attracted to our racial classifications subforum. If I understand you correctly, then race is meaningless. Thus a waste of time to discern phenotype and guess origin.

dan-dan
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Danolord, I have read the lot. Everything in English, anyway. The point I was making concerning the term "mongoloid" is that the discussion on this forum tend to identify individuals by variations in phenotype, and there are as many such variations in East Asia as there are in Europe. Maybe, dear Danolord, it is you who needs to broaden his knowledge in this matter?
And Loki, I obviously don't know you, but you seem a little obtuse in your argument. Do you or do you not know what Russians look like? Are you talking about nations, ethnicities, or what? Is the Bering Strait in Europe? You will have to figure these things out for yourself. And please don't be a bully, it's not nice.
Thanks

Loki
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Do you or do you not know what Russians look like?

Errm... yes. We have several posters here who constantly remind us of what they look like... :-O

Are you talking about nations, ethnicities, or what?

That depends what quote of mine you're referring to. Be more specific.

Is the Bering Strait in Europe?

No. Did you really think it was in Europe?

You will have to figure these things out for yourself. And please don't be a bully, it's not nice.
Thanks

Ummm... okay. I'll try to learn from you. Maybe I'll be the wiser afterwards, but I doubt it.

dan-dan
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Never mind, Loki. You'll be fine, I'm sure.

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Never mind, Loki. You'll be fine, I'm sure.

That I know. It is you I'm concerned about. ;)

dan-dan
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Jesus Christ!

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 12:29 AM
Jesus Christ!

Hehe... we have Catholics here... please... :D besides Vanessa gets scared at the mention of that name.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Hehe... we have Catholics here... please... :D besides Vanessa gets scared at the mention of that name.

Well he's creepy! Just look... http://www.rit.edu/~dabdis/rlgn/vocab/jesus.jpg

:scared

But I admit that I do enjoy the occasional blasphemous cry-out...though I prefer a mention of "The Savior's (c)" middle initial "H". If one must say his name at all, one must show the proper respect :eking

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Well he's creepy! Just look... http://www.rit.edu/~dabdis/rlgn/vocab/jesus.jpg

:scared

But I admit that I do enjoy the occasional blasphemous cry-out...though I prefer a mention of "The Savior's (c)" middle initial "H". If one must say his name at all, one must show the proper respect :eking

Ah, I think I'm gonna use that as my next avatar:

http://www.rit.edu/~dabdis/rlgn/vocab/jesus.jpg

Evolved
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 04:33 AM
There are Sámi who look like her, people who mixed with Samoyeds and from people further east who were Soviets exiled into the Inari territories. She is shorter (http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/sarek1.jpg) than the blonde girl.

This guy's name is Kristofer Pettersson, I suppose he's Swedish too..

http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/kristofer3.jpg

Nordhammer
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 04:36 AM
There are Sámi who look like her, people who mixed with Samoyeds and from people further east who were Soviets exiled into the Inari territories. She is shorter (http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/sarek1.jpg) than the blonde girl.

Someone will say he's Hallstatt Nordic I'm sure. :D

rusalka
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 04:38 AM
She is shorter (http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/sarek1.jpg) than the blonde girl.

She is not that much shorter though. Just look at the way she bends her knees and doesn't stand her full height. Anyway, what I was trying to say was, she definitely taller than a typical Asian, and much more heavily built too. As far as I know Swedish girls are usually pretty tall, and if the blonde girl is of an average Swedish height, than the one we're questioning must be quite tall herself.

dan-dan
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 04:49 AM

Why wouldn't he be Swedish? Because he's dark? Yes, sure, he's really, really dark for a Swede, but I've known native bred Icelanders as dark, and not dark in an Inuit way, dark in an big puffy Afro way.
Suit of an argument by using exceptions to the rule is considered a bit gauche these days, anyway.

Evolved
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Not only his pigmentation, but all his features. He could be half-Turk, part gypsy, partially Romanian, Arab, Persian. But he is definitely not fully Swedish. In my neighborhood he'd be considered Middle Eastern. I live around the corner from "Little Lebanon" and this guy would fit right in. :)

Evolved
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 05:52 AM
I've known native bred Icelanders as dark, and not dark in an Inuit way, dark in an big puffy Afro way.

Yes, native Icelanders are well known for their brown skin, black kinky hair, thick lips, broad noses and curious cravings for watermelon.

:insane :insane :insane

cosmocreator
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Why wouldn't he be Swedish? Because he's dark? Yes, sure, he's really, really dark for a Swede, but I've known native bred Icelanders as dark, and not dark in an Inuit way, dark in an big puffy Afro way.
Suit of an argument by using exceptions to the rule is considered a bit gauche these days, anyway.

I'm starting wonder whether you really belong here.

dan-dan
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 06:02 AM
I'm starting wonder whether you really belong here.

Well, I'm starting to wonder what that strange little middle parted sprout of hair attached to the head of the fellow in your picture is.
Does it have something to do with the boat?
Seriously, does it?

dan-dan
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Yes, native Icelanders are well known for their brown skin, black kinky hair, thick lips, broad noses and curious cravings for watermelon.

:insane :insane :insane

This guy was not black, but he looked like an arab, and yes, he was 'native' icelandic, and yes, that's unusual, and yes, watermelon has intrinsic comic value, and yes, not all people who are scandinavian in origin look like the guy in Loki's picture. I'm sorry if the children are dissappointed, but they just don't.

cosmocreator
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Well, I'm starting to wonder what that strange little middle parted sprout of hair attached to the head of the fellow in your picture is.
Seriously, does it?

You'd be wise not to taunt me.

As in nature, there is a hierarchy here. We try to keep this board of high quality. We will not let it degenerate. Of all the mods, I probably have the least patience for foolishness.

dan-dan
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 06:27 AM
You'd be wise not to taunt me.

As in nature, there is a hierarchy here. We try to keep this board of high quality. We will not let it degenerate. Of all the mods, I probably have the least patience for foolishness.

Wondering whether I really belong here is high quality? I was speculating on the nature of people's lack of acceptance of any kind of 'racial' type existing in a given area other than the one they expect. I was rewarded with watermelons, 'crazy' icons, and then;
"I'm starting wonder whether you really belong here".
Give me a break!

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 09:47 AM
I'm starting to wonder what that strange little middle parted sprout of hair attached to the head of the fellow in your picture is.

dan-dan, I have shunned you for 1 day for making a personal dig at cosmocreator. I would also like you to think about your purpose in posting here at Skadi. Is it to proclaim that nationalities, like Swedes, look like Chinese or Arabs? Well they don't. Immigrants to their country, yes. Our racial anthropology forum is not one for jokes or taunts - it is there for serious and honest debate and discussion, in a friendly and welcoming manner.

Awar
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I'm not getting the joke here.... is that dark guy really Swedish or what?

I mean, he does have dark hair, but his head really looks Nordish....perhaps he colored his hair.
My girlfriend is constantly trying to make my dye my hair black...

I have blue eyes, but they always turn out much darker in photos.

It's quite possible that guy is ...what's the name(?) Bluetooth, right?

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 02:36 PM
I'm not getting the joke here.... is that dark guy really Swedish or what?

I mean, he does have dark hair, but his head really looks Nordish....perhaps he colored his hair.
My girlfriend is constantly trying to make my dye my hair black...

I have blue eyes, but they always turn out much darker in photos.

It's quite possible that guy is ...what's the name(?) Bluetooth, right?

My guess is he is some Middle Easten immigrant, who changed his name to a Swedish one for assimilation purposes. Or, he may have a Swedish father and a non-Swedish mother. I doubt he's a full-blooded Nordic Swede. The recent decades of persistent innvandring (immigration) has changed Sweden's racial character forever, as the Government is using all means to assimilate those foreign elements into the local populace. The Sweden of the future will be far less blond, and dark eyes will be commonplace - especially in the cities. One can at least expect the rural areas to remain purely ethnic Swedish for a longer while...

Vojvoda
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 03:15 PM
My guess is he is some Middle Easten immigrant, who changed his name to a Swedish one for assimilation purposes. Or, he may have a Swedish father and a non-Swedish mother. I doubt he's a full-blooded Nordic Swede. The recent decades of persistent innvandring (immigration) has changed Sweden's racial character forever, as the Government is using all means to assimilate those foreign elements into the local populace. The Sweden of the future will be far less blond, and dark eyes will be commonplace - especially in the cities. One can at least expect the rural areas to remain purely ethnic Swedish for a longer while...

You want a nice pure nordid buxom blond? Go to the countryside, not the big city, no matter what country you live in.there is a major difference.

Ramses
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 03:23 PM
So what can we say about her appearance (to return to the original subject)? What's most likely? I agree that she looks inuit or east-Ugrian, and the guy in the other pic (her bandmate) looks iranian

/DK M

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 03:28 PM
So what can we say about her appearance (to return to the original subject)? What's most likely? I agree that she looks inuit or east-Ugrian, and the guy in the other pic (her bandmate) looks iranian

/DK M

Well people have sort of half convinced me that it is not impossible for Sami to look like her... what do you think? Could a person of Sami heritage have her traits? If that is possible, then she might have Sami heritage. I am still a little reluctant to accept it, though. Or else, some half Mongoloid of East Asian ancestry. Or Inuit. I really am not sure...

Phlegethon
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 03:29 PM
I live around the corner from "Little Lebanon" and this guy would fit right in. :)
And you would, too. I know several extrmely light Lebanese with dark blonde hair. Probably due to the massive French influx in that mandate territory.

Ramses
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well people have sort of half convinced me that it is not impossible for Sami to look like her... what do you think? Could a person of Sami heritage have her traits? If that is possible, then she might have Sami heritage. I am still a little reluctant to accept it, though. Or else, some half Mongoloid of East Asian ancestry. Or Inuit. I really am not sure...

I'm of sámi descent myself, I've seen many sámis and since I'm interested in their history, culture and biology I've seen lots and lots of old pics of unmixed, nomadic sámis. I can say that they differs from the southern swedes, but I've honestly never seen someone who looks like this girl.
Here are two typical sámis:
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/kk0044-06m.jpg
Here's another one:
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/kk0018-33m.jpg
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/kk0050-36m.jpg
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/kk0262-18m.jpg
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/kk0239-09m.jpg
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/kk2765-00m.jpg

she's clearly more similar to the eastern-ugrians, Here's a Khanty man:
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/rws0028-17m.jpg
Nenets girl:
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/rws0134-25m.jpg
http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/search/previewss/rws0126-30m.jpg

/DK M

Loki
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 04:12 PM
I'm of sámi descent myself, I've seen many sámis and since I'm interested in their history, culture and biology I've seen lots and lots of old pics of unmixed, nomadic sámis. I can say that they differs from the southern swedes, but I've honestly never seen someone who looks like this girl.
Here are two typical sámis:

/DK M

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Ramses. I did suspect she was not Sami. Now I have more certainty. She must then have some pure Mongoloid (not Semi) ancestry, like Chinese, Korean, etc...

I agree that most Sami look quite Europid, some even Nordid.

Nice pictures, by the way!

Allenson
Thursday, October 9th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Danolord, I have read the lot. Everything in English, anyway. The point I was making concerning the term "mongoloid" is that the discussion on this forum tend to identify individuals by variations in phenotype, and there are as many such variations in East Asia as there are in Europe. Maybe, dear Danolord, it is you who needs to broaden his knowledge in this matter?

I know that you're now shunned but perhaps you'll read this when and if you return. I realize that there are many variations within the greater Mongoloid 'theme'. Please reread my first post in this thread and you'll see that I readily admit to being largely ignorant of these more subtle subtypes.

While I may not be versed in the nuances Mongoloid anthropology, I certainly recognize members of the larger group...this woman included.

Awar
Friday, October 10th, 2003, 01:34 AM
ANYWAY

here is another pic of that girl, and other band members. She doesn't look so Asiatic here.

Nordhammer
Friday, October 10th, 2003, 04:27 AM
ANYWAY

here is another pic of that girl, and other band members. She doesn't look so Asiatic here.

The blonde girl and the rufous guy are good, but the other two I suspect fill the "diversity" slots, that most modern bands have.

Nordhammer
Friday, October 10th, 2003, 04:32 AM
And you would, too. I know several extrmely light Lebanese with dark blonde hair. Probably due to the massive French influx in that mandate territory.

Hey Phleg, it just occurred to me that your childhood picture looks a lot like that kid from The Shining. :D Redrum!

rusalka
Friday, October 10th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Hey Phleg, it just occurred to me that your childhood picture looks a lot like that kid from The Shining. :D Redrum!
God, yes! So it wasn't only me who thought of it, in fact I wasn't even sure if it was the kid, or his actual childhood photo. :D ooo, scary.

Hannah
Saturday, October 11th, 2003, 06:56 PM
So what is this girl? She sure is pretty

http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/jessica2.jpg
http://www.sarekonline.com/bilder/bilder/jessica3.jpg

Thanks in advance

/DK M

Ramses, you have very bad taste. She is not pretty. She has a fatty face.

Hannah
Saturday, October 11th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Seriously, does it?

lol, dan-dan, you are funny.

rusalka
Saturday, October 11th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Maybe we shouldn't be so rude about other people's tastes. I wouldn't be too happy if someone told me the same thing of someone I really like, or think to be good looking. I thought we were discussing her sub-racial type here; and beauty is a very subjective thing anyway, don't you think?

Ramses
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003, 08:27 PM

"The beuty is in the eye of the beholder"

Protagoras