PDA

View Full Version : Parent's Brag Thread

QuietWind
Wednesday, February 8th, 2006, 06:18 AM
I thought I'd make and sticky a mom's brag thread for this section. As moms, we all like to brag about our little darlings. Everything they do is so exciting from their first tooth to their first date. When they take those first steps we want to tell the whole world what they did. We rejoice in all their struggles-- the little ones and the big ones. When they triumph in even the most insignificant of things, we find the significance to share with others.

But, often we find those without kids growing weary of our constant gushing of good news. All those "that's great," and "congrats" are replaced by "took them long enough," and "about time."

So, this is your thread, moms! This is the place to share every little piece of good news about your kids (both young and old). Share anything from them tinkling in the potty for the first time to them passing their college entrance exams. This is your place to brag. (Daddies, feel free to brag too! We welcome all your feelings of adoration for your children as well. :) )

If people don't want to hear our kids accomplishments, then they can stay out of our thread! Pessimists and people who have nothing nice to say need not post here.

:fmom:

Just some cautionary words to parents...... don't give out more information than is necessary about your children. Refrain from sharing things such as names, locations, schools, etc. Always remember that Skadi is open to visitors. Also, use discretion when posting pics of your children. Visitors cannot see these, but any member who registers can. If at any time you want pics removed, feel free to ask a moderator and we will remove them for you. Our children are valuable to us and we wouldn't want to do anything that might out them in harm's way. :)

mathydd
Wednesday, February 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Here's my brag:

My daughter learned to walk at 10 months old. Maybe not exceptional but my son was more than a year before he was walking. The picture is of my two blue eyed babies last Halloween. She's a flower, He's a Crusader!:)
My girl will be 1 year old at the end of this month. My wife is planning a big party. Thanks for making this thread, I may be a man, but I adore my children!

Georgia
Wednesday, February 8th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Our youngest loves to read and write. She is very proud of her Southern/Confederate heritage from her father's side and her German heritage from her mother's side. I thought I share part of an essay she wrote about two years ago, age 12, about her homeland Georgia:

Georgia, My Home!
From the "Peach Girl"!

I would like to share my thoughts about my home and country - Georgia. One of the reasons I love Georgia is because her people are very friendly and show great hospitality. And when someone needs help somebody is always there to help.

Georgia has hills and valleys, islands and swamps. The area where I live is mainly farmland. Depending on what time of year one can see fields of corn, fields of hay, snow-white fields of cotton. The snow-white fields of cotton are my favourite, they are so beautiful.

Let's not forget the Southern foods. Grits is my very favorite. I could eat it for breakfast, dinner and supper.

God, my parents and my brothers are most important in my life. As long as I remember I have been going with my family to have Church. And then comes Georgia and the Georgia flag that represents my home. She is not only beautiful, she also bears the Christian Symbol of the St. Andrews Cross. And even though I am 1/2 Georgian from my daddy's side and 1/2 German from my mama's side, my ancestors fought under this flag for Georgia back in the War of Northern Aggression.

The Georgia flag is displayed on a wall in my room and she will NEVER come down.

QuietWind
Thursday, February 9th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Mathydd, they are adorable! :) You must be so proud. So, your daughter is turning 1, and how old is your son now?

Georgia, your daughter writes very well. The way she described Georgia made me feel as though I was right there looking out across the cotton fields. I love when the cotton fields are "snow white" as she described them and then the sun sets on them streaking them red and orange. Tell your daughter what fond memories of cotton fields her essay gave me. :) I can tell from her essay what the pride in her heritage that you have instilled in her. That is great! I hope I can bring my children up with that much pride in who they are and where they come from.

Georgia
Thursday, February 9th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Thank y'all for the wonderful posts. We must never forget, that the children are the future. The family unit is the "Keimzelle" of every Volk/Nation. History demonstrates what happens to nations without this strong unit, which includes children. It is very important that we instill values in our children that are lasting, such as the love for Family, Homeland and Volk/Nation. In my case of course it will also be the love for our Lord, Jesus, the Christ.

My purpose in joining this forum is not to push my Christianity on anyone, but the sharing of information. However, my worldview, which is Christian, will show my Christian principles and views.

Yes, the cotton fields are beautiful. We are part-time farmers, among other things, here in South Georgia.

Greetings - Georgia

mathydd
Thursday, February 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Jennifer
Mathydd, they are adorable! :) You must be so proud. So, your daughter is turning 1, and how old is your son now?

Thank you and yes I am! My son will be 3 in May. My wife and I decided to teach them different words for poopy and potty, so now we use "stuhlgang" and "machen wasser". For a particularly bad changing we say "über stuhlgang!". It is hilarious to hear my boy say that.:D

Great essay by your daughter Georgia! Your obviously doing a splendid job raising her.:thumbup

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

QuietWind
Monday, February 20th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Okay, I'll brag. :) My daughter got 5 medals at the state gymnastics meet this season. She had the top place in bars. She even recieved a bronze medal on the beam despite having a fall. She had her final meet for her level this month and she recieved the top score on beam in her age&level. :bravo

I've posted pics before, but here she is in handstand:

Now she is moving up to the next level. Her competition season for this level begins in the fall.

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
My daugter and me...;)
She is 5 now, and looks forward to go to school next year. Like me, she does not like clowns, but we love to build little boats, and to climb threes. I am so grateful and proud, my hearth could explode anytime... :silly I guess you know the feeling...

mathydd
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006, 08:41 PM
Okay, I'll brag. :) My daughter got 5 medals at the state gymnastics meet this season. She had the top place in bars. She even recieved a bronze medal on the beam despite having a fall. She had her final meet for her level this month and she recieved the top score on beam in her age&level.

Great photo and Good Show!

I am so grateful and proud, my hearth could explode anytime... :silly I guess you know the feeling....

I know exactly how you feel.:D

Those who criticize the pride we have in our heritage and the concern we have for the preservation of our race and culture often claim we are motivated by hate. The truth is we are motivated by an overwhelming love for our own.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

QuietWind
Wednesday, March 1st, 2006, 01:50 AM
Our little 2 1/2 month old rolled over (tummy to back) for the first time today. In fact, he did it 3 times! :) Yes, this is normal development for this age. It's just so fun to watch it for the first time. :bravo

mathydd
Thursday, March 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Our little 2 1/2 month old rolled over (tummy to back) for the first time today. In fact, he did it 3 times! :) Yes, this is normal development for this age. It's just so fun to watch it for the first time. :bravo

I believe that many parents instinctively feel admiration and pride for their children. This is not only because they see themselves in their offspring, but also the culmination of their union with their spouse and ultimately the result of their ancestry. Indeed, to have children is to look upon the face of your ancestors.
</IMG></IMG>

Lyn
Monday, March 20th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Well, I am new to this forum but I have a 6 year old son myself! I also have a 13 year old daughter! :D

My son started walking at 10 months old also...he does very well in school (he is in the first grade) and reads at a third grade level! :D

Georgia
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
mathydd

I believe that many parents instinctively feel admiration and pride for their children. This is not only because they see themselves in their offspring, but also the culmination of their union with their spouse and ultimately the result of their ancestry. Indeed, to have children is to look upon the face of your ancestors.

I just love what you wrote.

With school out, the report card is in.

Our youngest, The Georgia Peach Girl, works hard all year long. Between soccer, piano lessons and recitals, helping around the farm and around the house and school, she stays very busy.
She has always been very responsible about her studies. For a teenager she is very disciplined. I know:) .........but I think all mothers know what I am talking about and why. Certainly don't want to leave the fathers out:) .

At any rate, to make a potential long story short, she has a 95.9 grade average for the whole year:thumbup . On character grades such as courtesy, exhibits self-control, shows respect for authority, promotes school spirit she got a big E for Excellent.
Perhaps some other moms and/or dads want to continue to share about their children. Our children are the future!

Greetings - Georgia

aprilness
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
My girls are the most beatiful girls in the world ;)

VilhelMina
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Of course I will brag! :D

My son just turned 10, and he is a math wiz. He started walking at 10 months and had a full set of teeth by 11 months. He also is fluent in German and Gaelic. They are such sponges when young! :thumbup

Alpine Storm
Saturday, September 23rd, 2006, 08:17 AM
My oldest daughter is in her second year of violin and has over 15 pieces committed to memory

mathydd
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I want to announce the expected arrival of my third child!

The doctor said that it is a girl. My wife and I have picked the name Gwendolyn Adelaide. I'll probably end up calling her Heidi or Adel. :D

Due date is for early March.

fonze
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007, 12:30 AM
My kid beat the sh*t out of your Honor Roll Student. :D

jusssst kidding. lovely kids you all have. i would like to father some, someday. :thumbup

Engelbrecht
Tuesday, February 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
My five year old son just earned his first belt in Ju Jutsu, and he also writes basic sentenses.

mathydd
Tuesday, March 13th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Here she is, the newest addition to my family. Nothing more beautiful in the world than a White baby.:D

Kith of woden
Wednesday, March 14th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Hope this thread applys to Dads too? As I dont live with my daughter anymore and her Mum isnt on these forums, ill have to speak on her behalf.
Well my daughter is 11 on the 28th of this month. I cant really brag about any specific achievments that are particulary outstanding. But she is a pleasure to be around, is thoughtful and considerate, she trys hard at school and is doing well, she is a valued member of her class, she is a sensative ,gentle soul and im extremly proud of her. Her presence brightens up the day of all she comes across, and I thank the Gods and Goddesses for bestowing upon me the privilege that is Amy-Leigh, the joy in my life.

Mrs. Lyfing
Saturday, September 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
So, where has this thread been hiding? I have 2 beautiful blond beauties!

If I were to brag on them I would say...:D My son is down to earth, smart and very handsome, and he does excellent in school.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2a6wprm.jpg

My daughter is a hand full ....she is very outgoing and gets very excited. She is loving and caring too. She is beautiful.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2cf2i42.jpg

ladybright
Monday, October 6th, 2008, 04:11 AM
My nine month old took his first step by himself today. :D:D He was so happy he clasped his hands together and fell on his bottom. He thinks that the sign for milk is the sign for anything really yummy. So he will sign milk if he really likes whatever food he is eating.

Lavender Corrigan
Monday, December 15th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I was blessed to give birth to the two most beautiful boys on the earth. (That's not opinion that's fact!) Preservation of our German heritage is very important to me, how can I pass this on in such a "politically correct society?" In our society Preservationist/Racist mean the same things to people. It's even harder as I live in a state where barely anyone speaks English anymore!

Finally figured it out! My pretty babies!

Grimsteinr
Friday, July 31st, 2009, 01:58 PM
My oldest daughter is going to be 48, she has a B.A. She & her DH run a little antique shop.2 Children, one grown & married, father of my 1st Great Grandson. And a daughter in 8th grade.
Daughter #2 is 46, a housewife with 4 children, my Grandchildren. One married, with 2 daughters, my Great Grand daughters.
Daughter #3 is 42, has her Masters Degree, working on her Thesis, in Business. Mother to 3 Sons, my Grandsons. One is grown & married, working his way through College. One is in High school. One in Elementary. One Step-daughter, married well, to an Officer in Service.

Their Husbands are all nice fellows. A couple have Degrees.

My older son is 39, works in Security. Has 2 daughters, one in College, one in Highschool. He has a beautiful, strong, pleasant wife.

My younger Son is a Welder. He make good money. He is Father to 2 Sons, my Grandsons, both in Elementary school. He has a nice little Wife. He has 1 Step-daughter.

I am Proud Grandfather to 13 Grand-children,and 2 Step-Grandchildren.
I am Great Grandfather to 3 Beautiful Babies.
I'm Way ahead of most.

OneWolf
Saturday, December 26th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I would like to brag on my oldest Daughter Gwyneth Baker.She is in second grade and has not made anything less than 100% on all her spelling and math subjects.Also my first son will be born on March 23rd of 2010.:thumbup

OnePercent
Friday, January 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I want to brag about my little 2 year old daughter Heidi. She is my pride and joy and she knows it, she has me wrapped around her little finger. She is also very smart, she has been counting to ten all on her own for months now and she can sing the ABC's song with only a couple of mistakes (the "l,m,n,o" is pretty tough for her). She loves cars, construction equipment (which she calls "mighty machines"), and trains. She also likes girly things like horses and dolls too. I call her "Heidi-bear" and she calls me "Daddy-bear", which is very adorable. As a two year old she is constantly on the go and she wears me out playing with her sometimes, but I love spending time with her nonetheless. I thank the Gods every day to have blessed me with her.

Bothvild
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
My little Henry is just fantastic! He is almost 2 and a half and has just brought so much joy to my husband and myself. He loves singing, and talks all day. He can count well, and looks at piles of things for a couple of seconds before pronouncing how many "8 pencils, Mummy!". He has the blue-est eyes of anyone we've ever met, although my mum's are pretty close. So far he's blonde, but it might turn reddish like mine in time. I'm glad he's stolen my colouring so I can't be mocked for being the palest person in town alone anymore!

OneWolf
Friday, February 19th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I would like to welcome my son,Eric Anthony Baker into the World or whats left of it anyways.May the Gods watch over him.:thumbup

Mööv
Sunday, April 17th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Here´s me and my daughter ;)

Goomer
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=108386&stc=1&d=130675http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=108387&stc=1&d=1http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=108388&stc=1&d=13067529623067529622962

My adorable little boy:) He warms his mommy's heart all the time. For privacy purposes....I'm leaving out pics of anyone else. But he sure is a cutiepatootie!! Neither his dad or I are quite sure where the heck his curly hair came from.....it might actually be from the Swedish side of his dad's family....

Nooitgedacht
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011, 04:09 AM
My son is going to be 23 in 2 days.
He does not smoke/drink/drugs at all.
He is a man of his word and utterly loyal.
He does not swear, is very religious and is very conservative in his ways.
He used to be an extremely good athlete – Victor le Dorum 3 years in a row (sprinter, long/high jump + javelin) in a fairly good sized school.
He is a computer expert and in demand by big companies.
I’m grateful for the fact that he got his brains and most of his up-bringing from his mom.:thumbup
He loves me.:D

Nooitgedacht
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011, 04:11 AM
I almost forgot. My son introduced my to Skadi.:thumbup

Goomer
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011, 04:18 AM
I almost forgot. My son introduced my to Skadi.:thumbup

LOL. My daughter is on here too. I found her here completely by coincidence.

renownedwolf
Thursday, March 24th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Well since Skadi was last up and running the missus and I had a child... this handsome, blonde haired, blued eyed little fellow is Erik... (doing his best Hagar the Horrible impression with a turkey leg)