PDA

View Full Version : Classify Kate Beckinsale

Evolved
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 09:25 PM
5'8" (1.73m), brown and green mixed eyes, dark brown hair, freckled skin. Predominantly of British ancestry.

Milesian
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 09:29 PM
5'8" (1.73m), brown and green mixed eyes, dark brown hair, freckled skin. Predominantly of British ancestry.

I would feel fairly confidant in classifying her as "Tydal". :thumbsup
However, in the first pic she seems red-haired which makes me think she dyes it darker and so perhaps my original classification is incorrect

cosmocreator
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM
I'm tempted to say Keltic Nordic.

Evolved
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 09:43 PM
On several sites Kate Beckinsale is listed as being 1/8 or even 1/4 Burmese on the maternal side, but actually she's 1/16 on her father's side. You can see it in certain pics of him, but it doesn't show up in her phenotype that I can see.

http://www.geocities.com/sentstarr/beckphotos.html

Quotes about her father:
"Actually he was a very beautiful man, a very sexy man, and he'd take you to one side and he'd say 'I'm an eigth Burmese' and he'd show you his cheekbones, and they were just breathtaking."

"That's what gave him those wonderful eyes, those almond eyes. And I'm straight as a die I'm here to tell you!"

Evolved
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 09:46 PM
However, in the first pic she seems red-haired which makes me think she dyes it darker and so perhaps my original classification is incorrect

She has brown hair in the childhood pic. I think she dyes her hair red sometimes like a lot of brunettes. ;)

Milesian
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 11:09 PM
She has brown hair in the childhood pic. I think she dyes her hair red sometimes like a lot of brunettes. ;)

Ah, okay then :)
It's just she looks as if she has dyed her eyebrows red as well.Actually, I can't believe that is Kate Beckinsale.
I've seen her in TV dramas in years past and she looks extremely like her father with the same eyes and broad face, so much so that it was rather sinister :) . In these pics however, she looks very disimilar and much more gracile.

Milesian
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003, 11:24 PM
Sorry, I guess I'm getting tired.
I was thinking of her half-sister, Samantha

Ewergrin
Thursday, October 2nd, 2003, 12:29 AM
I think she is beautiful.

ums
Thursday, October 2nd, 2003, 02:07 AM
Who gives a fuck about anything beyond nordicalpinmed?

cosmocreator
Thursday, October 2nd, 2003, 02:36 AM
Who gives a fuck about anything beyond nordicalpinmed?

Interesting statement given you're a Jew living in Israel.

Vojvoda
Monday, November 3rd, 2003, 02:41 AM
North Atlantid?

http://www.femail.com.au/img/kate_beckinsale.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/katebeckinsale3/pictures/005.jpg

Awar
Monday, November 3rd, 2003, 03:05 AM
She seems to be freckled.

Dienekes_Pontikos
Monday, November 3rd, 2003, 03:33 AM
Mediterranean with minor Mongoloid admixture.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Mediterranean with minor Mongoloid admixture.

I thought the Greeks were a noble people, Dienekes? You are purposely misclassifying and insulting this beautiful Nordish woman. How dare you call her Mediterranean! :D

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:34 AM
I would say she is Keltic Nordic with minor Brünn. Brünn seems probable with the very fair skin, slight freckling, the stronger forehead and the shorter, upward-titled nose.

A lot of girls here have a similar cutesy face with the turned-up nose -

http://www.geocities.com/katebeckinsale3/pictures/012.jpg

I would say that John Cusack is more in line with a North Atlantid.

Kate is totally hot, from head to toe.

If this is her husband she did well. :)

http://www.geocities.com/katebeckinsale5/pictures/053.jpg

morg
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 11:12 AM
She is 1/8 Burmese

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Dienekes_Pontikos must have made a very good classification if he did not know about her ancestry. Can you provide us a link about her ancestry?

She is 1/8 Burmese

Evolved
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Been there, done that. ;)

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=4694

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Thank you :)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Well, first of all, she's not Mediterannean. :D And secondly, whatever Mongoloid ancestry she has is insignificant and there is no visible marker. Her father is 1/8th or less, so she is 1/16th or less (recombination).

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 12:42 PM
So do you think that he did not detect the Mongoloid by her phenotype? Do you find 1/16th Mongoloid admixture acceptable as a Nordicist (or "Nordish"-preservationist)?

Well, first of all, she's not Mediterannean. :D And secondly, whatever Mongoloid ancestry she has is insignificant and there is no visible marker. Her father is 1/8th or less, so she is 1/16th or less (recombination).

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 12:48 PM
So do you think that he did not detect the Mongoloid by her phenotype? Do you find 1/16th Mongoloid admixture acceptable as a Nordicist (or "Nordish"-preservationist)?

I think he did not detect it, as it's undetectable, and the obvious misclassification as a Mediterranean is ridiculous. He wished Greeks looked that good.

I have said in the past that 1/16th Mongoloid is acceptable as it's undetectable and small enough to be permanently bred out. However there is a limit on the amount of people with nonwhite ancestry per population.

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Very questionable principles of preservation.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 02:46 PM

Hm, I didn't know she was already classified.1/8 Burmese? I'm starting to question my tastes in women.:rofl

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Very questionable principles of preservation.

She's more assimilable than your type. :)

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 04:33 PM
What is his type?

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 05:30 PM
What is his type?

Non-Nordish. What do you say?

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 05:43 PM

My classification skills are weak compared to others. Well, if Frans said that he detects Borreby-like traits then why not?

Anyway, nice sig.This one is better:)

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/ops/docs99/pobeda.jpg

Pomor
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 05:52 PM
My classification skills are weak compared to others. Well, if Frans said that he detects Borreby-like traits then why not?

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/ops/docs99/pobeda.jpg

I think he is Pontid/Dinarid + UP. He's got blue eyes however, so he is Nordish, imo.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:00 PM
I think he is Pontid/Dinarid + UP. He's got blue eyes however, so he is Nordish, imo.

That sounds like a sub racial type that can be found in the Ukraine, even in Poland for that matter.So whats the difference? Just because he is from Crna Gora?

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:00 PM
I agree that it is more difficult to detect 1/16th Mongoloid (especially if it is e.g. from a narrower-faced and gracile Northern Chinese) than admixture from a West-African Negrid source. Mongolids also differ mostly in eyeshape and nasal shape, and their skin can be rather pale, except when being mixed with Indo-Melanid elements in Indonesia and Malaysia where it is considerably darker). I have only met one Burmese woman in my life. She lived in California, USA. I guess that she looked Mongoloid with Indid. I remember that her skin was rather dark and she could fit in Nepal or parts of Northeastern India as well.

An mtDNA or Y-chromosome analysis might tell a different story from merely the appearance of a person which is a combination of many chances. Are any unwanted and undetectable traits acceptable?

I have seen Greeks who are not totally ugly. Few are as good-looking as the Celtic-Germanic-Baltic-Slavic people though. It is just a matter of taste and what you grew up with. However, there are people whom we consider beautiful or non-attractive from almost any race. Is attractiveness a factor for racial assimilation?

It is up to you what you find acceptable for your family, community etc., however, perhaps you meant for European-Americans and not Europe per se.

Race is a draw up of arbitrary lines. Perhaps she is just not so different from your norms of what you consider "white" or Europid.

I now remember her from the film "Pearl Harbor". She is a classical Northwestern European beauty. I must be honest and say that I cannot detect any Mongoloid from ther phenotype. Perhaps my eyes are not trained enough. I remember that I was really impressed by how she looks.

I think he did not detect it, as it's undetectable, and the obvious misclassification as a Mediterranean is ridiculous. He wished Greeks looked that good.

I have said in the past that 1/16th Mongoloid is acceptable as it's undetectable and small enough to be permanently bred out. However there is a limit on the amount of people with nonwhite ancestry per population.

Pomor
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:04 PM
That sounds like a sub racial type that can be found in the Ukraine, even in Poland for that matter.So whats the difference? Just because he is from Crna Gora?

The difference is that those from Crna Gora are much bigger, from what I've read :)

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:06 PM
The difference is that those from Crna Gora are much bigger, from what I've read :)

Yup, they are an intimidating bunch.Without them we wouldn't have won all of those basketball championships.;)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:26 PM
My classification skills are weak compared to others.

It doesn't stop others, don't worry about it. :)

Well, if Frans said that he detects Borreby-like traits then why not?

Borreby-like and being Borreby are two different things. Many North Africans are also UP-like.

Our sigs are for two different purposes. :)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:27 PM

Any Caucasoid with blue eyes is Nordish to you?

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:39 PM
It doesn't stop others, don't worry about it. :)

Well, I don't want to make your head not fit through doorways but my classification skills are weak compared to Fans,volks,dalonord, and yourself.

I'll have a combo 3 please:)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 06:46 PM
I agree that it is more difficult to detect 1/16th Mongoloid (especially if it is e.g. from a narrower-faced and gracile Northern Chinese)

Right, and it's not just what type of Mongoloid, but really, by the time it is so submerged at 1/16th, it cannot be perceived (at least I've never seen a case where it is). Also, not just the level of Mongoloid but what else it is in combination with. Obviously if the person is 15/16th Central Nordish, the person will be Central Nordish -- as is the case with our lady in question.

than admixture from a West-African Negrid source.

West or East... I doubt it matters much. I have seen in person instances of 1/32th Negroid still leaving an impression or alteration on the phenotype, although still within a Europid range no doubt. The hair seems particularly affected, being more stiff and curly.

An mtDNA or Y-chromosome analysis might tell a different story from merely the appearance of a person which is a combination of many chances. Are any unwanted and undetectable traits acceptable?

Of course genetic analysis is interesting and supplemental. Unwanted traits are debatable depending upon the severity, and undetectable traits are not an issue as they are undetectable (example?).

I have seen Greeks who are not totally ugly. Few are as good-looking as the Celtic-Germanic-Baltic-Slavic people though. It is just a matter of taste and what you grew up with. However, there are people whom we consider beautiful or non-attractive from almost any race. Is attractiveness a factor for racial assimilation?

I'm judging groups, the typical, not the individual and exceptional. Attractiveness is a value to all people, regardless of race. Racial classification is not dependent on whether one is beautiful or not, e.g., a beautiful hapa is still a hapa (though for many "pro-whites" this does affect their judgment, especially if they're on the receiving end of the hapa).

It is up to you what you find acceptable for your family, community etc., however, perhaps you meant for European-Americans and not Europe per se.

No, I'm basing this on a racial standard, a standard of what will be born. I have seen 1/8th Asians that are detectably Mongoloid or phenotypically odd (such as with the case of Beckinsale's father who is 1/8th). 1/16th Asians do not look Asian at all from all the examples I've seen, and doubtfully 1/32 would show any indication either. Ideally we want 100%, but this isn't practical really. Now, no one will be forced to mate with such a person, but I think that person has a right to be a citizen.

Race is a draw up of arbitrary lines. Perhaps she is just not so different from your norms of what you consider "white" or Europid.

I wouldn't say arbitrary.

She's not so different from British norms. Hello.

I now remember her from the film "Pearl Harbor". She is a classical Northwestern European beauty. I must be honest and say that I cannot detect any Mongoloid from ther phenotype. Perhaps my eyes are not trained enough. I remember that I was really impressed by how she looks.

Exactly, that is the whole point. No one would have questioned her at all if that tidbit wasn't released. She's beautiful, she married well (if that was her husband), and I have no problem with her or others like her. And until we all have DNA tests which prove our pedigree, I think we should be careful.

Most racial mixes we will have to deal with will be more significant and obvious.

Allenson
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Well, I don't want to make your head not fit through doorways but my classification skills are weak compared to Fans,volks,dalonord, and yourself.

Thanks man but don't sell yourself short. You've got a good eye too! :)

Anyway, this woman is obviously quite beautiful and phenotypically, I don't detect any Mongoloid either. I'm not doubting that she has any, only saying that I don't readily see it.

Many more pics here:

http://images.google.com/images?q=%22Beckinsale%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Renegade
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:26 PM
On several sites Kate Beckinsale is listed as being 1/8 or even 1/4 Burmese on the maternal side, but actually she's 1/16 on her father's side. You can see it in certain pics of him, but it doesn't show up in her phenotype that I can see.

http://www.geocities.com/sentstarr/beckphotos.html

Quotes about her father:
"Actually he was a very beautiful man, a very sexy man, and he'd take you to one side and he'd say 'I'm an eigth Burmese' and he'd show you his cheekbones, and they were just breathtaking."

"That's what gave him those wonderful eyes, those almond eyes. And I'm straight as a die I'm here to tell you!"

I can see the Asian in her father. I cannot see the Asian in her.

Her father's 1/8th Asian, big deal!!! She looks fully White. I just hope she doesn't brag about being part gook. She is stunningly beautiful in spite of being 1/16th Burmese, NOT because of it.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:32 PM

:D Thanks.

I don't see it like that. You get out of it what you put into it. We all can improve.

Would you like to supersize that order, sir? :mcd

Pomor
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Any Caucasoid with blue eyes is Nordish to you?

No, but Pontid/UP with blue eyes is Nordish, imo.

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:38 PM

Yeah! I'm black! From now on, call me Tyrone... assimilable (:o

I still haven't seen your photo though, neither have I seen your DNA test results. :D I suppose you are 100% Halstatt Nordic from Jawjuh.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Yeah! I'm black! From now on, call me Tyrone... assimilable (:o

I still haven't seen your photo though, neither have I seen your DNA test results. :D I suppose you are 100% Halstatt Nordic from Jawjuh.

Okay, Tyrone! :D

You asked to be classified by the public. :)

BTW, I'm not insinuating you have nonwhite ancestry, I'm just talking about non-Nordish.

I have been classified as Borreby and UP-Nordic by some on this forum and others. I'm a dark-blond mesocephal with blue eyes. My ancestry is English and Irish.

I plan on sending off for the Ancestry by DNA 3.0 when it's available.

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:48 PM
We all develop a speciality depending on our experiences. dalonord knows more about Anglo-Saxon people in New England. Nordhammer about the racial condition of the American South. Frans about Belgium. I know quite a lot about Sweden and Norway, and also Finland (been there more than 10 times) and Denmark, and less so about England, and very little about Southern Europe.

Perhaps I know a bit about racially heterogeneous Hungary too, although you might need a life time to uncover all the peculiar (again a relative term based on previous experiences!)racial types found here. You seem to be rather accurate about the people of Balkans. We can all share our "regional specialities" so we get the larger, complex picture of the racial condition of Europe as a whole.

Just find the money and time to travel in Europe, combine that with learning some terminology and then you can become a good classifier.

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Listen, MC Hammer, I want to see your picture... so I can classify your type... As for your opinions on my 'assimilability' I don't really care what someone who's legendary for his ad hominem attacks has to say, neither do I care to be assimilated by anyone.

You should of course read Coon's report on Montenegro before bombarding us with your lack of knowledge.

Clean up your act, then we can speak on equal basis.

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 07:57 PM
So what is wrong if he does not fit in the Nordish group? That is a convention, and inclusive for Northwestern Europeans. There are depigmented types elsewhere in Europe. I cannot remember all the photos that he provided, but I think that I said predominantly Pontid. Some claim that is even a Nordid or Nordid-like, thus Nordoid type. Or perhaps that was only the North-Pontid type.

I doubt that he has any Mongoloid or Negroid ancestors, as he is from Montenegro. Why would one be suspicious of that when there are no recorded mass migrations of such races? I know that you did not imply that he has non-Europid ancestry, but Cosmocreator did and I do not see why he should be cornered like that.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Listen, MC Hammer, I want to see your picture... so I can classify your type... As for your opinions on my 'assimilability' I don't really care what someone who's legendary for his ad hominem attacks has to say, neither do I care to be assimilated by anyone.

You should of course read Coon's report on Montenegro before bombarding us with your lack of knowledge.

Clean up your act, then we can speak on equal basis.

Wow, I'm legendary now? I like that. :)

As I recall, you're one of the few people who has attained the dubious honor of having your name "whispered and cursed", per the reputation level. :)

We're all aware of the odd things you've said, about finding non-whites, even blacks, attractive. So I don't think you have any room to criticize things I've said.

You started this downward spiral by mocking my racial standard. So clean up your own yard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door.

I'm not interested in your classification of me.

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Here are the links to my pictures:
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=4375
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=4706

And again, the link to my MONTENEGRINS thread, where you can find the history of my fatherland, a NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC issue from 1908! story about Montenegro, plus Coon's report on Montenegrins: http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5477

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:08 PM
So what is wrong if he does not fit in the Nordish group?

Nothing, I never said otherwise.

I doubt that he has any Mongoloid or Negroid ancestors, as he is from Montenegro. Why would one be suspicious of that when there are no recorded mass migrations of such races? I know that you did not imply that he has non-Europid ancestry, but Cosmocreator did and I do not see why he should be cornered like that.

Okay, but I never entered that conversation and never questioned his Caucasian pedigree. I think he looks a lot like Billy Zane.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:14 PM
You seem to be rather accurate about the people of Balkans. We can all share our "regional specialities" so we get the larger, complex picture of the racial condition of Europe as a whole.

Whats the point of sharing our "regional specialties" when people hear only what they want to hear? Yes, we are all hooked-nosed, brachycephalic Dinaroids.:)

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Wow, I'm legendary now? I like that. :)

:D

As I recall, you're one of the few people who has attained the dubious honor of having your name "whispered and cursed", per the reputation level. :)

Yeah, a sad, sad part of my life, thankfully, now I have become a better man :P

We're all aware of the odd things you've said, about finding non-whites, even blacks, attractive. So I don't think you have any room to criticize things I've said.

... I said: I haven't seen non-white women in person, therefore I can't judge if they are attractive or not

...you said: ...assimilable even though she's 1/8 Mongoloid...

Dubious standards you have, especially after Dienekes Pontikos unveiled that a woman you find attractive is a 'mongrel', you keep defending her 'assimilability', but attacking 100% Europeans like myself and the mediterranean members of this board.

Dubious standards are when you accept semi-mongoloids and reject the mere virtual-presence of European Mediterraneans.

You started this downward spiral by mocking my racial standard. So clean up your own yard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door.

Mocking or criticizing? You are very defensive when it comes to your shaky standards, I wonder if this has anything to do with your own racial history.

Unlike Europe, the state of Georgia has seen it's fair share of Negroids and Amerindians.

I'm not interested in your classification of me.

:giggle ...frightened... OK, I don't want to be the one to burst your bubble.

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:28 PM
I want to learn :). I know that is not the case. Please share, I will try to be more open-minded, if I have not been that.

Maybe you can make a thread with examples that can show us the most important elements of the Balkans.

Whats the point of sharing our "regional specialties" when people hear only what they want to hear? Yes, we are all hooked-nosed, brachycephalic Dinaroids.:)

Glenlivet
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I took a more careful look this time. You look like an Armenodised Pontid. I think that is why your features are not sharp enough for a Pontid. Your vault seem to be very high and more or less flat. I think that Frans should take a second glace.

The Races of Europe, Carleton S. Coon, The MacMillian Company, New York, 1948

Plate 26
THE PONTIC MEDITERRANEANS

http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/CSCoon/Papers/p26.htm

Plate 42
ARMENOID ARMENIANS

http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/CSCoon/Papers/p42.htm

Also read more about Hither Asiatic (http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/earlson/hfk/reoehchap4.htm) (Armenoid)

THE RACIAL ELEMENTS OF EUROPEAN HISTORY

Chapter IV Part One

RACIAL STRAINS FROM OUTSIDE EUROPE

IN the second chapter we dealt only with those bodily characteristics which show themselves especially clearly in the outward appearance, that is to say, with some only of the outwardly visible hereditary bodily attributes. Besides other visible characteristics, therefore, hereditary racial characteristics within the body were also left undealt with; these last we are still unable to consider even to-day, for a beginning has hardly yet been made with them. Here, too, we can only just refer to the peculiarities of movement in the various races, and to racial blood analysis.l

Besides those hereditary elements which can be recognized or at least surmised in the European population as coming from one of the European races, there are also characteristics that are not yet ascribed to any European race or to a racial strain from outside Europe, and are, perhaps, not true racial marks, or are marks which occur in several races: among such may be mentioned the epicanthus and the so-called Mongolian spot.

In the case of the Mongolian fold, where this is found at times in Europeans an Inner Asiatic (Mongolian) strain may be generally suspected; where there is very frizzly hair we may suspect a Negro strain.

In Eastern Europe, as, too, in Hungary and the Balkans, whither tribes of Asiatic origin have ever been penetrating, an Inner Asiatic strain can be seen, growing more and more evident as we go eastwards.

This strain is to be found, too (through Lappish blood), in northern Finland, Sweden, and Norway (cp. Figs. 144 and 145).

A Negro strain is found from olden times all over the Mediterranean area (Negroes in the Roman army, Negro slaves), especially in the shipping towns since the Crusades. Negroes were, and still are, the fashion as servants in the big towns. Marriages with Southern Europeans have brought Negro blood into Central Europe; Italian navvies, particularly, have often shown a more or less evident Negro strain. Into France Negro blood has made its way from the French territories in Africa. Portugal, owing to the former importation of slaves from Africa, shows a particularly well-marked Negro strain.2 To-day it is first and foremost French policy that is intensifying the 'Black Peril' for the whole world by giving the Negro, through the granting of full civil rights and officer's rank, an influence whose full results we cannot yet see.3 For Germany the French domination involves the 'Black Shame,' whose results, too, cannot be foreseen -- the attacks by Africans on white women in the occupied territory. Distler in his book, Das deutsche Leid am Rhein. Anklagen gegen die Schandherrschaft des französischen Militarismus (1921), has to say that: 'It is beyond all doubt that the birth-rate of cross-breeds is steadily rising.'

A Malay strain, arising from the mixed unions which have been customary among the Dutch in their colonies since the seventeenth century, is to be seen unmistakably in the towns of Holland.

From the Caucasus and Asia Minor there reaches as far as the Balkans a fairly strong strain of the Hither Asiatic race. This strain is recognizable, too, in Spain and southern Italy. In Spain and southern Italy, particularly in Sicily, there are slight Oriental racial strains. These two races are strongly represented in the mixed blood of the Jews. In the gipsies, too, they are both present.

The Hither Asiatic race must be considered as a branch of the Dinaric. Both have so many marks in common that there has been a tendency to look on them as a single human group. The Hither Asiatic race is of middling height, and thick-set; the head is short and rises straight up at the back; the face is narrow, with a very prominent nose, which sinks downward at the cartilage and has a fleshy lower end; the lips are rather full; the hair is brown or black, generally curly, often too, it would seem, frizzly; the eyes are brown; the skin is brownish. Both the body hair and the beard grow very strong. The eyebrows are thick, and often meet above the nose. Compared with the Dinaric race the chin is less prominent, and lies farther back; a line drawn from the upper lip to the chin is characteristic for the profile of the Hither Asiatic race. The line from the ear to the cheek-bones runs somewhat more downwards than in the other races here considered. If the expression of the Dinaric face may be called bold, that of the Hither Asiatic is cunning. In their mental qualities these two races, which have so great a bodily likeness, show a good deal of difference. In the Hither Asiatic man there is a striking gift for trade, more than ordinary powers of reading character and understanding human nature, and a tendency to deliberate cruelty, combined with musical and histrionic ability. 'Not so much an energetic spirit of enterprise as a watchful reserve, not so much a proud self-reliance as a crafty spirit of calculation is what speaks out from their eyes'; this is Stiehl's excellent picture of the Armenian prisoners of war of Hither Asiatic race.4 The Caucasus is the area where the Hither Asiatic race is most predominant. The original languages of this race are the Caucasian (Alarodic).

The Oriental race, which is found as a slight strain in Southern Europe, is short to middling height, slender, long-headed, and narrow-faced. The nose is narrow, or curved in the lower third (Fig. 155), less often sharply curved in the upper third (Fig. 154), and not very prominent, being sometimes rather flat; now and again it has a somewhat deep-lying, though narrow, root (Fig. 158). The lips are slightly swollen, often, as it were, arched and pointed in a smile. The deep groove (sulcus mentalabialis) between the under lip and the chin often lies higher than in other races (Fig. 156); this gives a characteristic look to the face of the Oriental race. The under lip as a result sometimes leaves the impression of being slightly protruded, as it probably often is. The skin is rather fair; it often looks fairer than that of the Mediterranean race, but with a fairness which is pale, not rosy. The hair is dark brown or black, and usually curly. The eyes are very dark. They are often almond-shaped, that is to say, the inner corners are rounded, while the outer corners come more to a point, the opening between the lids rising slightly in the outward direction. The eyes often have a sunken look.

The Oriental race is probably akin to the Mediterranean. Its original home seems to have been Arabia in the Diluvial Age, when this was still a fertile area. The Arabian Bedouin still show the strongest Oriental strain. The Semitic tongues belonged originally to the Oriental race. Owing to tribes of Oriental race having spread these tongues far and wide, they are spoken to-day by many whose blood belongs to other races.

Oriental and Hither Asiatic blood has been spread from the East over the whole of South-eastern Europe, above all in the lands around the Black Sea and in the Balkans, and also wherever Islam has been carried, especially, therefore, in Spain. Through unions with Southern Europeans the blood of the Oriental and of the Hither Asiatic race has sometimes made its way, too, to Central and Northern Europe. The fact of there being a strain of these races in a Central or Northern European does not, then, always point to a Jewish connexion (cp. Fig. 163).

Over and above strains of blood from outside Europe, such as the foregoing, it may well be that occasionally characteristics of prehistoric European races will be traceable, when investigations are once begun in this direction. Possibly, for example, among criminals there is a somewhat greater frequency of characteristics of the Neanderthal race; so that, for example, a low retreating forehead, or underhung jaws, and a small brain-chamber in the skull would not always have to be interpreted as signs of degeneration only, but in many cases as characters inherited from this prehistoric race and sprinkled throughout the population; which characters might easily show themselves on the mental side in criminal tendencies.

In Scotland a strain of the palaeolithic Crô-magnon race has been suspected, as also in Norway in the Drontheim district,5 in Sweden in the Dalarna province, in Germany in Westphalia.6 I am inclined to believe in the probability of a strain of this race (with fair hair and skin, and light eyes?) for Westphalia, and an area from Westphalia to West Thuringia. The race we are speaking of is very tall -- tall and broad, not tall and slender; broad-faced and long-headed; by some it is held to be dark-haired and dark-eyed, others hold that it is fair. In Norway, and thence derivatively in Iceland7 -- as also it would seem in Scotland -- we have to do with a strain from a dark-haired, dark-eyed race; in Dalarna perhaps only with the results of a Nordic-East Baltic cross.

And again, the link to my MONTENEGRINS thread, where you can find the history of my fatherland, a NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC issue from 1908! story about Montenegro, plus Coon's report on Montenegrins: http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5477

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Someone earlier posted a thread with great pictures of Ukrainian men. I can't seem to find it, it's a great example of what the majority of Serbs look like.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:40 PM
... I said: I haven't seen non-white women in person, therefore I can't judge if they are attractive or not

No, you said you found them attractive, but you may not like them in person. If you find Mongoloids and Negroids attractive in pictures, that is bad enough already.

...you said: ...assimilable even though she's 1/8 Mongoloid...

Quote me where I said that? I said 1/16th is assimilable, and she is 1/16th, not 1/8th... are you not paying attention?

Dubious standards you have, especially after Dienekes Pontikos unveiled that a woman you find attractive is a 'mongrel', you keep defending her 'assimilability', but attacking 100% Europeans like myself and the mediterranean members of this board.

My standards are what I find assimilable based on racial traits and socially practical. If you disagree, that's your opinion.

I don't think Beckinsale can be classified as a "mongrel", as her phenotype is quite racially harmonious.

You struck first, and I simply responded with what I think is true. Many Nords who have minor Mongoloid are more attractive and racially assimilable than Mediterraneans.

Dubious standards are when you accept semi-mongoloids and reject the mere virtual-presence of European Mediterraneans.

Dubious is classifying Beckinsale as a semi-Mongoloid.

Mocking or criticizing? You are very defensive when it comes to your shaky standards, I wonder if this has anything to do with your own racial history.

My standards are thought out and compared with other people's standards. I think they're practical and reasonable.

And really, I don't know why you're taking issues with my standards, as yours seem far worse:

AWAR
"I'd add that I believe that major-scale race-mixing is damaging culturally, but again, there are exceptions."

"I don't think Blacks are any worse than Whites."

"I do not believe that (average) non-white DNA can down-grade white DNA."

"I still haven't heard or read anything that convinced me that 'miscegenation' is something that can damage an entire race."

"Of course, if one does not believe eugenics, one could say that the white race cannot die out genetically, just culturally."

"Miscegenation only exists for those who actually believe in eugenics. I don't."

"I really can't tell you if I do or I don't find other races attractive. I guess that some of MTV's stars like Beyonce or Lucy Liu look great and attractive on-screen, and I'd be a liar if I told you I don't find them attractive."

"I think that C. Coon also classified East Africans as Caucasoids... which is OK by me."

You f with the bull, you get the horns. :)

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Could we continue this discussion in the original thread.
I sincerely doubt that I have Armenoid features. Dinaric, yes.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Could we continue this discussion in the original thread.
I sincerely doubt that I have Armenoid features. Dinaric, yes.

Maybe he's trying to say you look like a Turk?:rofl

Allenson
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Okay, take a deep breath, relax, have a beer....

Awar
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Doesn't matter, here is a little comparation I made:

Effectively proving Volksdeutsche is wrong when he said I'm a pontid-armenoid mix. Other than the totally different phenotypes, I have a totally different pigmentation, build etc.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 09:09 PM
I took a more careful look this time. You look like an Armenodised Pontid.

You're full of surprises, Volk. :)

Dienekes_Pontikos
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Kate Beckinsale is 1/8 Mongoloid

http://www.eurasiannation.com/generic96.html
http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/lifestyle/fitness/content_objectid=13503801_method=full_si teid=50080_headline=-Celeb-bodies--Kate-Beckinsale-name_page.html

"she has a half-Burmese grandfather on her father's side"

At a younger age, clearly predominantly Mediterranean:

http://www.katebeckinsale.net/images/movies/muchadoaboutnothing/31.jpg

With parents:

http://www.katebeckinsale.net/images/family/parents/5.jpg

friedrich braun
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Dude, your lips are huge!!!

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Kate Beckinsale is 1/8 Mongoloid

Websites say many things that are hearsay or personal interpretation. For instance, many times in beauty pageants, Negroids are listed as being blonde-haired and blue-eyed.

I trust quotes from her more than I do the interpretations of web authors:

Quotes about her father:
"Actually he was a very beautiful man, a very sexy man, and he'd take you to one side and he'd say 'I'm an eighth Burmese' and he'd show you his cheekbones, and they were just breathtaking."

I interpret that as his own quote, saying to her about himself, that he is 1/8th. So by her own words, according to what he told her, he was 1/8th and therefore she would be 1/16th. If she is 1/8th, then I think she is exceptional.

At a younger age, clearly predominantly Mediterranean:
With parents:

http://www.katebeckinsale.net/images/family/parents/5.jpg

That would mean that her mother would be Mediterranean (not so), and her father would be Med+Burmese (he is probably part Nordish as well).

Dienekes_Pontikos
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:21 PM
I trust quotes from her more than I do the interpretations of web authors:

Quotes about her father:
"Actually he was a very beautiful man, a very sexy man, and he'd take you to one side and he'd say 'I'm an eighth Burmese' and he'd show you his cheekbones, and they were just breathtaking."

I interpret that as his own quote, saying to her about himself

That is not a "quote from her" or what he was "saying to her", that is what a director Stephen Frears remembered:

http://www.geocities.com/sentstarr/quote.html

In any case, as a narrow-faced, narrow-nosed, apparently mesocephalic brunette with probably dark mixed eyes, she is predominantly Mediterranean despite whatever Mongoloid admixture she has.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:36 PM
That is not a "quote from her" or what he was "saying to her", that is what a director Stephen Frears remembered:

http://www.geocities.com/sentstarr/quote.html

Okay, then it was a reputable quote from the director, and my argument still applies. So you're wrong, she is 1/16th.

In any case, as a narrow-faced, narrow-nosed, apparently mesocephalic brunette with probably dark mixed eyes, she is predominantly Mediterranean despite whatever Mongoloid admixture she has.

Ah, so apparently brunette Nordics don't exist for you... and even though her parents are both of British descent, with minor Burmese on the father's side, she's totally Mediterranean besides the Burmese? Right...

Her mother is significantly Brünn.

That is not the image of a Mediterranean+Mongoloid, son:

http://www.dazzled.com/beckinsale/new4.jpg

Her eyes look hazel.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:48 PM
http://www.dazzled.com/beckinsale/new4.jpg

That link doesn't work. It takes you to this site: http://www.freehomepages.com/

Nordhammer
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 10:59 PM
That link doesn't work. It takes you to this site: http://www.freehomepages.com/

Works for me... just in case, here it is:

Pomor
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Works for me... just in case, here it is:

She is as Mediterranean as I am a Siberian chukcha.

Stríbog
Tuesday, November 4th, 2003, 11:27 PM
She looks to be partly Mediterranean. She's not even very attractive to me so I don't see what the fuss is all about. It's turned into another "God forbid we should admit that Britain and Ireland have Mediterraneans!" thread.

Loki
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 12:15 AM
She looks to be partly Mediterranean. She's not even very attractive to me so I don't see what the fuss is all about. It's turned into another "God forbid we should admit that Britain and Ireland have Mediterraneans!" thread.

Jeez, do you ever get off this anti-British obsession of yours? It is becoming really old and boring.

Stríbog
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Jeez, do you ever get off this anti-British obsession of yours? It is becoming really old and boring.

Do you ever get off your poseur Germanocentric/Anglophilic obsession? :) Anyway, how is it anti-British to point out that they are significantly Mediterranean?

Awar
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Dude, your lips are huge!!!

Why Thank you Friedrich ;) You know, sometimes girls tell me I look just like a Croatian with those lips :D

friedrich braun
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Why Thank you Friedrich ;) You know, sometimes girls tell me I look just like a Croatian with those lips :D

:-O

Where's Zvaci?

Loki
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Do you ever get off your poseur Germanocentric/Anglophilic obsession? :)

No, I don't. In my case it is a matter of affection, not hatred. That is the difference.

Anyway, how is it anti-British to point out that they are significantly Mediterranean?

It is not. But exaggerating and untruthfully representing the British/Irish people as largely Mediterranid (when in fact the Med is only a small, ancient element present) you are revealing a bias so strong that you're willing to twist the facts in order to misrepresent the British as something they aren't. Coupled with your already known hatred of the British (revealed in may threads), I cannot conclude anything else.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:13 AM

I've concluded with myself, that your lips come from Mongoloid or possibly Capoid which used to live in North Africa thousands of years ago.

Evolved
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Shape of AWAR's head reminds me of Von Braun:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3764

There are no negroes in Montenegro. :sway There's nothing wrong with AWAR's lips :cheekkiss

cosmocreator
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 08:03 AM
There are no negroes in Montenegro. :sway There's nothing wrong with AWAR's lips :cheekkiss

His lips aren't of a Negro source. Like I said above, Mongoloid or Capoid from a very ancient source.

Awar
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:34 AM
But Mongoloids don't have such lips... as for the capoids, I guess it could be true, but they were last in contact with these parts of mediterranean over 5000 years ago.

But, then I think it could have developed probably by selection, especially in Montenegro.

Thanks ladygoeth ;)

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Turk is not a race. I say what I want, and I am not trying to say anything as such. There is no need to sugar-coat things.

Maybe he's trying to say you look like a Turk?:rofl

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Anyone here can see that you are similar to especially the Armenoid man. The facial features differ a bit, but the contour of the head is basically the same. Thanks for the comparison. I could have not done it better.

Doesn't matter, here is a little comparation I made:

Effectively proving Volksdeutsche is wrong when he said I'm a pontid-armenoid mix. Other than the totally different phenotypes, I have a totally different pigmentation, build etc.

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Can be :). Do you think that I exaggerated with the classification?

You're full of surprises, Volk. :)

Evolved
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 03:09 PM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4483

His lips are exactly like the Pontic guy's lips.

So, be happy AWAR you have no capoid features. ;)

Awar
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 04:32 PM
@Volks

:giggle Yeah, I see that I'm IDENTICAL to the Armenian guy in EVERYTHING... except the CI, FI, facial charateristics, jaw, pigmentation, bodily build etc. other than what I mentioned, I'm identical to him, he's probably my father :D

I think that all this classifying has worsened your eyesight though. :D

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 05:20 PM
AWAR reminds me of this Borreby guy - likewise from Montenegro:

http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/CSCoon/Images/p8f2.gif

"A Montenegrin of aristocratic lineage; in the main an oversized, Upper Palaeolithic survivor, but brunet in pigmentation, like many of the Serbs to
whom the Montenegrins are closely related, and who do not, as a rule, possess the over-sized characters of their mountain kinsmen."

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 05:57 PM
...and some say that Dinarid is from a Borreby source too. Ever heard of the Dormitor race?

They are not like the examples of Borreby from nordish.com. That is why we can turn it around the way we want with this terminology issue.

"A Montenegrin of aristocratic lineage; in the main an oversized, Upper Palaeolithic survivor, but brunet in pigmentation, like many of the Serbs to
whom the Montenegrins are closely related, and who do not, as a rule, possess the over-sized characters of their mountain kinsmen."

Awar
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Do you mean Durmitor? That's a location in Montenegro... Do you have any info about that?

According to Coon, there is a dominant Borreby-like or Afalou-like strain in Montenegro, he also mentions unreduced UP characteristics in the MN population.

I don't think I'm Nordish anything except for the pigmentation...

Nordhammer
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:40 PM
And racial concepts we have don't always along with Coon's ideas. He had some very peculiar perceptions that I think even the most liberal of us would find strange.

For instance, what do you think this fellow is?

Vojvoda
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Turk is not a race. I say what I want, and I am not trying to say anything as such. There is no need to sugar-coat things.

I didn't say that "Turk" is a race now did I? I say what I want as well:P

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Nice irony ;)

Maybe Hungarians have confused my eyesight. I said what I thought though. I do not know much about Montenegro. Let us say that you are Borreby-like if you do not like Armenoid :). Triglav know the region better than I do. So listen to what he says. Frans said a similar thing, so they must be right. The majority opinion is usually closer to the reality.

@Volks

:giggle Yeah, I see that I'm IDENTICAL to the Armenian guy in EVERYTHING... except the CI, FI, facial charateristics, jaw, pigmentation, bodily build etc. other than what I mentioned, I'm identical to him, he's probably my father :D

I think that all this classifying has worsened your eyesight though. :D

Glenlivet
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 06:49 PM
You said: "Maybe he's trying to say you look like a Turk?"

Look, meaning a physical type, and then Turk. How should I interpret it? Did you not imply something? Was it another joke that I did not understand? Did you refer to the historical influence of the Turks in the Balkans?

Cheers

I didn't say that "Turk" is a race now did I? I say what I want as well:P

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:27 PM
And racial concepts we have don't always along with Coon's ideas. He had some very peculiar perceptions that I think even the most liberal of us would find strange.

For instance, what do you think this fellow is?

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4498

Coon claims he's Alpine. I had to think of that fellow yesterday when watching a show about Aghanistan (if I remember right) and there were plenty of such people.

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Nice irony ;)

Maybe Hungarians have confused my eyesight. I said what I thought though. I do not know much about Montenegro. Let us say that you are Borreby-like if you do not like Armenoid :). Triglav know the region better than I do. So listen to what he says. Frans said a similar thing, so they must be right. The majority opinion is usually closer to the reality.

Thanks for overestimating my knowledge, Volks ;). I guess Awar knows the region better than any of us, so it is up to him whether he will give us an unbiased representation or not. I hope and believe that he chooses to be objective.

Besides: IMO the local "Borreby" type is the major component in Awar and not the exclusive.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 08:08 PM

I don't think that guy is a Borreby. I think Coon is wrong. Some of his measurements may be within the Borreby range but others likely aren't. Do you have a break down of this guy's measurements?

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 08:13 PM
I don't think that guy is a Borreby. I think Coon is wrong. Some of his measurements may be within the Borreby range but others likely aren't. Do you have a break down of this guy's measurements?

Unfortunately not. Perhaps someone who owns TROE could furnish us with them.

I think it's a local type akin to Borreby and of the same origin, but evolved differently and interbred with different types than those from other regions.

Allenson
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately not. Perhaps someone who owns TROE could furnish us with them.

I think it's a local type akin to Borreby and of the same origin, but evolved differently and interbred with different types than those from other regions.

I have the book and would be happy to post this fellow's dimensions. Alas though, I don't have it on me at the momment so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Nordhammer
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:15 PM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4498

Coon claims he's Alpine. I had to think of that fellow yesterday when watching a show about Aghanistan (if I remember right) and there were plenty of such people.

He looks significantly Negroid to me actually.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM

I agree. His hair looks kinky, shape of his frontal bone is Negroid, shape of his nose, Negroid. Small ears, dark complexion, Negroid.

Triglav
Wednesday, November 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM

It is rather Veddoid. Of course he's only partly Alpine.

Nordhammer
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 07:57 AM
It is rather Veddoid. Of course he's only partly Alpine.

Well, that's the argument isn't it. How far can Alpine actually go? :) I doubt he has European Alpine.

How about these?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1035000/images/_1035389_womenwithfish150.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1035000/images/_1035389_motherandchild150.jpg

cosmocreator
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Well, that's the argument isn't it. How far can Alpine actually go? :) I doubt he has European Alpine.

I think when determining living races, color and texture of skin, and color and texture of hair need to be considered. Coon doesn't give any measurements of this guy so I can't check with say German Alpinids.

As there are differences between Western and Eastern Meds, maybe there are also Eastern Alpinids.

Nordhammer
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:54 AM
I think when determining living races, color and texture of skin, and color and texture of hair need to be considered. Coon doesn't give any measurements of this guy so I can't check with say German Alpinids.

As there are differences between Western and Eastern Meds, maybe there are also Eastern Alpinids.

I don't think he considered admixture very important. A lot of those North Africans he describes as "Irish-looking", "Nordic", "UP", "Mediterranean", obviously have Negroid admixture. I find their appearance hardly justifiable purely on adaptation. And I think genetic studies show they are significantly Negroid.

Awar
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Or that the Negroids are significantly them ;)

Vojvoda
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 03:47 PM

He does resemble him.

cosmocreator
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 07:54 PM

I checked last night, and this guy's measurements actually are within the Borreby range.

Triglav
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:07 PM
No, not European Alpine, but probably a significant infusion from the times when this type spread into Asia. I do not have my source of this handy, but there is a mention of such migrations in the "Races of India" thread I posted.

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5547

How about these?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1035000/images/_1035389_womenwithfish150.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1035000/images/_1035389_motherandchild150.jpg

Triglav
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:24 PM
He does resemble him.

And him a little less ;):

http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/CSCoon/Images/p8f3.gif

Awar
Thursday, November 6th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Luke, I am your father! :D

Triglav
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Do you mean Durmitor?

Durmitor - I am interested in that type as well. Is that perhaps the local Borreby-like type to which the brunet individual from Montenegro belongs?

Awar
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 12:59 AM
I'm trying to find more about that type, but nothing yet.

I'm curious, what all are Slovenian people sub-racially?

Triglav
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 01:06 AM
I'm trying to find more about that type, but nothing yet.

I'm curious, what all are Slovenian people sub-racially?

In a nutshell, I'd say that the 3 main components are Dinarid, Alpine and Nordid, but they are heavily intermixed and there are fewer "extreme" or "pure" individuals of any of these types in Slovenia than in the neighbouring countries - it is harder to find a "classical" Dinaric. Perhaps the similarity is the biggest with Austria and Northern Croatia. Borreby and Baltic should not be neglected either and near the Italian border there's also some Mediterranean. Savid or Noric would be the most frequent types IMO.

Awar
Friday, November 7th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Thanks, that's somewhere close to what I guessed.

Rachel
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Classify British actress Kate Beckinsale.

http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/photoshoots/markliddell2/004.jpg http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/photoshoots/cartersmith/normal_001.jpg
http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/photoshoots/neilkirk/normal_01.jpg
http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/photoshoots/roberterdmann/005.jpg

DreamWalker
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 09:07 PM
Doesn't she have a Thai grandparent?

Rachel
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
I don't know. I haven't heard anything like that.

Lissu
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
She's 1/4 Burmese or so I have heard.

Rachel
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 09:43 PM
I did a search on Google and numerous sites said her grandfather was Burmese.

Background: Burmese and English
Bio: Born on July 26, 1973 in London England. She is 1/8 Burmese.

So says www.eurasiannation.com (http://www.eurasiannation.com)

Stig NHF
Thursday, February 3rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
And she is married to a jew, one with a big J. Of course its enough that her grandfather is from Asia, but still.

Lenny
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
1/8th Burmese means she has 1 asian great-grandparent. But I would never have guessed; she looks completely white to me.

Plus, I think Kate looks 'whiter' than her half-sister (who has a different mother and so is not related by blood to the burmese grandparent): http://images.google.com/images?q=Samantha%20Beckinsale

Zyklop
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 07:11 PM
1/8th Burmese means she has 1 asian great-grandparent. But I would never have guessed; she looks completely white to me.
If we forget about the epicanthic fold...

Axelrod
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
If we forget about the epicanthic fold...

it looks almost like it does not exist thanks to make up. But still she could easily pass for a longer headed alpine.

distinct_rebel
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I think she belongs in the Nord-Atlantid sub-race. There were some pictures that really reminded me of the Romanian-born actress Alexandra Maria Lara, which I can't seem to find.

Wikipedia claims that Beckinsale had a Burmese great-grandparent, but I'm not sure whether that's European Burmese or Asian Burmese (I have heard of white Subcontinentals). Anyway, I can't see any Asian traits in her phenotype.

Ćmeric
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 03:14 AM
She dos'nt look part Asian to me. The Burmese ancestry was suppose to come thorough her father, Richard Beckinsale, but he dos'nt appear to part Asian either.

distinct_rebel
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM
She dos'nt look part Asian to me. The Burmese ancestry was suppose to come thorough her father, Richard Beckinsale, but he dos'nt appear to part Asian either.

Agreed. The girl is definitely Europid-looking only. Do you concur with my classification then, Anglo-Hoosier?

Ćmeric
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Agreed. The girl is definitely Europid-looking only. Do you concur with my classification then, Anglo-Hoosier?

I would say she's North-Atlantid or maybe Keltic-Nordic.

mothdust
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 02:52 AM
She's a beautiful lady and a good actress in my opinion. Although I'm not an expert, I do think she looks North Atlantid.

Wassail,
Tiffany