PDA

View Full Version : Girl's Bill of Rights

Milesian
Monday, September 29th, 2003, 06:08 PM
GIRLS BILL OF RIGHTS

Girls have a right to be themselves - people first and females second - and to resist pressure to behave in sex-stereotyped ways.

(Strange how FEMINISTS think girls should be FEMALE as a secondary rather than a primary trait!)

Girls have a right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.

(Who exactly is preventing this? Originality and enthusiasm derive from the individual, do they not? If this is lacking then it's someone else's fault, right? Let me guess...Hmmm...men?)

Girls have a right to take risks, to strive freely and to take pride in success.

(I guess so, although the statement is so general and vaugue as to be meaningless)

Girls have a right to accept and enjoy the bodies they were born with and not to feel pressured to compromise their health in order to satisfy the dictates of an "ideal" physical image.

(Of course, why compromise your health with something as nasty and un-natural as pregnancy when you can pump your body full or hormones and chemicals which have absolutely no side-effects at all, right?)

Girls have a right to be free of vulnerability and self-doubt and to develop as mentally and emotionally sound individuals.

(Obviously. But having the right to be free of self-doubt or whatever isn't the same as actually being free of it. I assume the implication here again is that if a girl is shy or lacks confidence then it's that worldwide axis of evil known as "men" who are responsible. And we all know that males never suffer from these conditions either.)

Girls have a right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.

(Someone is stopping them? Oh wait, it's their reproductive systems isn't it. I mean a baby will just interfere with what nature intended you for which is in heart-attack causing , high-powered career as a ball-busting, man-hating feminist. Mother Nature is such a sexist! Perhaps we can sue her? ;) )

More pointless and meaningless plattitudes can be found at:
http://www.feminist.com/resources/artspeech/girls/bill.htm

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, September 29th, 2003, 11:56 PM
hahaha feminists are just funny. And usually very annoying individuals.

Evolved
Tuesday, September 30th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Girls have a right to be themselves - people first and females second - and to resist pressure to behave in sex-stereotyped ways.

I consider gender an integral part of personhood. When speaking of another person, you first say whether they are male or female. No one goes around saying "I met this great human the other day!"

Girls have a right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.

"Girls are made shy because of men...girls follow trends because of boys." Actually some of us are just naturally quiet, and girls buy their clothes and things more to impress other girls.

Girls have a right to accept and enjoy the bodies they were born with...

This is the "female masturbation is ok" statement? Well, duh! :P

Girls have a right to be free of vulnerability and self-doubt and to develop as mentally and emotionally sound individuals.

"Every girl is naturally confident and it is the fault of the male dominated society if she is not."

Girls have a right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.

A woman should be educated and be able to take care of herself, but only just in case the guy she ends up with loses his job or divorces her. It's the man's duty to be the main provider, if guys don't like that they can always become misogynist. Right, Phlegethon? ;)

Phlegethon
Tuesday, September 30th, 2003, 12:21 PM
It's the man's duty to be the main provider Nope. It is time for females to start paying back. They've been better off since WW1 - about time to even the score.

if guys don't like that they can always become misogynist. Right, Phlegethon? ;)All men should be default be misogynists. It saves them time, money, lots of pain and experiences they could have done without. Females still have a too high opinion of themselves, being totally unaware of the fact that men can and do get along without them.

Jack
Sunday, October 5th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Phlegethon - Bring on the revolution :thumbup

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 12th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Phlegethon - Bring on the revolution :thumbup

I'll join. :)

Nihilist
Monday, October 13th, 2003, 04:57 AM
I think the psychology of feminists is the complete antithesis of what one would suspect; indeed they seem to be the ultimate Anti-feminine. It's like they hate the idea of being a women...and thus they force all this equality and blame on everyone else, but all they are fighting is a natural part of themselves...it's like they really want to be men or something.......to hell with them I say, most of them are probably lesbians anyhow.

Hellenic Eagle
Wednesday, April 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Burn the evil lesbian "feminist" witches! They have polluted the true attractive character of femininity!!!

Nordhammer
Wednesday, April 21st, 2004, 09:31 PM
Nope. It is time for females to start paying back. They've been better off since WW1 - about time to even the score.

All men should be default be misogynists. It saves them time, money, lots of pain and experiences they could have done without. Females still have a too high opinion of themselves, being totally unaware of the fact that men can and do get along without them.

I would love to see Phleg speak out at a feminist meeting or university class. :D God, that would be hilarious.

Jack
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 01:12 AM
Burn the evil lesbian "feminist" witches! They have polluted the true attractive character of femininity!!!
Let us draw swords together and revive the Holy Inquisition :knight

Ewergrin
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 01:57 AM
I would love to see Phleg speak out at a feminist meeting or university class. :D God, that would be hilarious.

Phlegethon has abandoned us, methinks.

Nordhammer
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 02:10 PM
Phlegethon has abandoned us, methinks.

Too much "racial fetishism" and not enough misogyny for his taste I guess. :)

LupaFreo
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
Feminists won't be happy until everyone is an asexual robot stripped of any human male-female physical emotions. They are against femininity and not many realise that feminists hate women more than they hate men.

Esther_Helena
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Wow! So it is possible to have ...PMS 24/7. It looks like their stating a bunch of the obvious to me. Blaming men is BS, imo, if you can't do something b/c of well, whatever that's your fault. ;( To me, this looks like another group of people who are confusing equality with sameness. Is sameness a word? Anyways, men and women are equal, but not the same... sheesh.

*runs off to find a sword*

Angelcynn Beorn
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 09:10 PM
WE ARE THE FEMINISTS...

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...

YOU WILL BE CASTRATED...

:lord :axe

Jack
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 12:53 PM
WE ARE THE FEMINISTS...

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...

YOU WILL BE CASTRATED...

:lord :axe
Rubbish. We males will screw the feminists! I do distinctly remember some absurd feminazi complaining that the word 'screw' is so much more insulting than the word 'f#ck' because it refers to women being a passive and so women are supposedly 'sex objects', and 'making love' (not that feminists would know anything about that, shaven headed militant lesbians that they are) is considered 'objectifying' an inter-subjective 'text' (very versatile term in Derrida university-speak...) and so suppressing female self-expressiveness, sublimating it into a male-defined power structure*... or something**.

*I should be a professional post-modernist, methinks. I mean, I don't think I'm doing too bad so far.

**Trust feminists to theorise about simple male slang.