PDA

View Full Version : I Was In Court Yesterday

cosmocreator
Saturday, January 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I was fighting a parking ticket.

One thing I noticed though, for minorities supposedly being a minority of the population, they make up the majority of court cases. At least in traffic court. Criminal court may be the same.

Frid
Saturday, January 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM
One thing I noticed though, for minorities supposedly being a minority of the population, they make up the majority of court cases. At least in traffic court. Criminal court may be the same.

Did no one tell you, this is just because they are being discriminated. :D

Cole Nidray
Saturday, January 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I was fighting a parking ticket.
Save a few Twoonies or what? :):thumbup

Glynd Eastŵd
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 03:37 AM
And to what expense? Waste tax payers money tenfold in the process.

cosmocreator
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Saved myself $80 by going to trial. The judge found me guilty but because of the obvious confusion of the way the signs were displayed, he didn't fine me.

It is always a good idea to challenge tickets in court unless you don't mind paying the tickets. About 6 of the cases for other people were thrown out of court because the officer who issued the tickets didn't show up in court.

Siegfried
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 08:25 AM
And to what expense? Waste tax payers money tenfold in the process.

That shouldn't be blamed on tinman or anyone else who rightfully fights a parking ticket, but on the policemen who messed up, or, in this case, whatever local officials placed the signs.

Ahren_
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Pleading no contest is probably the best thing to do and to ask for the option of driver's school which can be done at home on the internet, or community sevice (anything you can do to keep points off your record).

I also had an idiot officer give me a ticket for something that wasn't illegal. I contested the ticket and won because the officer did'nt show up on the trial date.

Site for tips/tricks on contesting a ticket if you have to

http://www.jesbeard.com/s5.htm