PDA

View Full Version : Classify this Polish girl

norda
Friday, September 26th, 2003, 12:49 PM
May you classify this girl please?

Polak
Friday, September 26th, 2003, 02:13 PM
May you classify this girl please?

This woman is quite clearly from Poland.

She represents a type found commonly there, which does vary in terms of pigmentation (from brunet to blond) but with very uniform features.

Some of these features include a rounded face, with a fairly weak jaw line, a fairly broad forehead and head, but often with a convex, or slightly convex nose. The tip of the nose may also often be depressed slightly, and pointed, as is seen in many Norics, Dinarics and Armenoids.

In my opinion, this type arose in Poland from Slavic and Germanic nordics mixing with a smaller, rounder faced, Alpinid or Lappish type found in the forest belt of north-eastern Europe.

In the more brunet examples of this type there is possibly a third factor at play, one from the east, of Turkic or Caucasian (Armenian or Gerogian) inspiration.

Loki
Friday, September 26th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Yes I agree she looks typically Polish, from what I have seen... and Polak's comments about the nose has merits.

norda
Friday, September 26th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yes I agree she looks typically Polish, from what I have seen... and Polak's comments about the nose has merits.
Could we clasify her to subnordic, dinaric, fennonordic or its just to new race?

Loki
Friday, September 26th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Could we clasify her to subnordic, dinaric, fennonordic or its just to new race?

Neo-Danubian is what I would box her into, for lack of something more accurate. Others may possibly disagree...

Polak
Friday, September 26th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Maybe Neo-Danubian/Nordic cross?

But I wouldn't even worry about it. It's just a phenotype that the old anthropologists didn't seem to pick up on.

Or perhaps it's a type that arose after WWII from the old Neo-Danubian stock?

I say that because from experience, it seems that in Polish families where the grandparents and parents are of Neo-Danubian appearance, the kids often look like this.

The kids are taller, much taller, and often have convex noses.

The convex noses bit is pretty surprising, because these may crop up in families where everyone older has straight or concave, and snubbed, profiles.