PDA

View Full Version : And the Skadi Award 2005 Goes to ...

Thorburn
Monday, January 2nd, 2006, 11:32 PM
A new year has begun, and this seems to be a good time to utter a few words of gratitude.

Gratitude to some of those without whose efforts our community wouldn't have been the same. There are surely many members who would deserve a word of acknowledgment but I want to focus in this post on a few special ones only.

Acknowledging members reminded me immediately of the awards we used to have. Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances known to elder regulars, the old award system eventually failed due to a sheer award flood, making the awards finally absolutely valueless. Many members used to look like the 5 star generals of a Caribbean banana republic.

Notwithstanding this fact, the award idea itself is practical. I upgraded and reactivated the system, but we want to go this time exactly the opposite way. Awards shall only be given to people whose contributions in certain fields have been extraordinary in the sense of the word. To people who have contributed to our community in a verily outstanding way, elevating them still higher than core contributors and far above the casual regular.

This shall in particular apply to the very one award which acknowledges the over-all service to our community: the Skadi Award. The very award -- and maybe the only award -- which I will confer solely myself. So what is it all about? It's not about posting contributions or reputation points. It's not about staff activity or server managment. It's not about mediation and good relations. It's not about loyalty. It's not about funding. It's -- I swear! -- not even about good looks and flirting, believe it or not. It can be about all of this, a combination of some of it or even none of it. But it's definitely about an impact which I consider absolutely extraordinary.

So I have been thinking for quite a while who would be deserving of such a very special award. Many members have done quite a lot for our community in the past and many still do in the present.

I won't even begin to enumerate names. Just one maybe. Still remember the Loki for example, who is still now a special and much appreciated guest poster known as cyclone? Surely, if anybody, then he should be deserving of such an award? He posted, he moderated, he supported, he administered, he managed for about one and a half years, maybe two. We even crashed his backup server. :P

Well, to be honest, I don't know. Something is lacking even in his case. Maybe it's merely continuity and current activity. Should this count? As I said, I don't know. What I know is that our award system, and in particular this very Skadi award, shall be strict.

Remember our former Staff member Demigorgona? Quote: If you have to think for longer than 3 seconds if a person is white, she probably ain't. Good rule of thumb: If I have to think for longer than 30 seconds if somebody should get this award, he probably shouldn't. At least not yet.

For all these reasons I decided to confer this award, at the moment, to one person only. And this person is the Frans_Jozef.

Why? If you really don't know, then you probably ain't around enough. Do a search. Ask you friends. Message Staff. That's all I can say. That's all I want to say. And no more need to be said.

Congratulations, Frans! Skadi wouldn't be the same without you.

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM
Congrats, Frans! :cheekkiss

Loki
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM
A new year has begun, and this seems to be a good time to utter a few words of gratitude.

I won't even begin to enumerate names. Just one maybe. Still remember the Loki for example, who is still now a special and much appreciated guest poster known as cyclone? Surely, if anybody, then he should be deserving of such an award? He posted, he moderated, he supported, he administered, he managed for about one and a half years, maybe two. We even crashed his backup server. :P

The Loki's main activity was pre-2005, so doesn't count. ;)

Well, to be honest, I don't know. Something is lacking even in his case. In his case, what is really lacking is a voluptuous blonde. :D

For all these reasons I decided to confer this award, at the moment, to one person only. And this person is the Frans_Jozef.

Why? If you really don't know, then you probably ain't around enough. Do a search. Ask you friends. Message Staff. That's all I can say. That's all I want to say. And no more need to be said.

Congratulations, Frans! Skadi wouldn't be the same without you.Back to seriousness, I would support your award decision for Frans. He has been, and still is, a fiercely patriotic Skadite. Someone you can count on. :)

Worthy of my most honourable mention is the evergreen Aeternitas (http://forums.skadi.net/member.php?u=3539). Skadi would also not be the same without her. She's the best of the best. :thumbup

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
Congratulations, Frans! :)

Thorburn
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:03 AM
The Loki's main activity was pre-2005, so doesn't count. ;) It does count but the Skadi banner you once made also counts. :P You'll be eligible for a Nordicist award, if we should ever have one. ;)

Worthy of my most honourable mention is the evergreen Aeternitas (http://forums.skadi.net/member.php?u=3539). Skadi would also not be the same without her. She's the best of the best. :thumbup Thanks for the kind words, she'll appreciate them. She's on the fast lane together with Renee, Agrippa, and some others. But this is a slippery slope. If Aeternitas, why not Agrippa? If Agrippa why not Jennifer? Siegfried? Siegmund? Ad infinitum. I shall surely consider them in future, though. :)

But if you remember, Frans was way back already a member of the first big Staff expansion which we had initiated in 2003. And since then he has been continually an active Skadite, supporting the forum in nearly all aspects. He's the only one that's still left from then with this active support record. In other words, none of the others mentioned above have his seniority; so that's an objective criterium I can set.

Btw, the only Staff member that serves longer than the Frans_Jozef is the Lucifer (Anarch), and he'll surely be eligible for the Laziest Staff Member Award ... if he can defeat the Nordgau in the run-off ballot -- what won't be easy. :D

Ah, they are both excellent contributors, though. So we shall keep them around. ;)

Loki
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:08 AM
It does count but the Skadi banner you once made also counts. :P

You overestimate my Photoshop skills. ;)

But if you remember, Frans was way back already a member of the first big Staff expansion which we had initiated in 2003. And since then he has been continually an active Skadite, supporting the forum in nearly all aspects. He's the only one that's still left from then with this active support record. In other words, none of the others mentioned above have his seniority; so that's an objective criterium I can set.

Fully agreed. :thumbup

Agrippa
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:33 AM
Congratulations Frans! :thumbup :)
Always a valuable member of Skadi and a great guy, therefore good choice.

But I should also mention that without the female power in the background, I mean Aeternitas, Renee and Jennifer, things wouldnt have worked as good as they did. Really a great job this year from all of you and so - thanks for your good work 2005 even if you didnt get the award! :)

Patria
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 02:59 AM
Congratulations Frans. :)

But I should also mention that without the female power in the background, I mean Aeternitas, Renee and Jennifer, things wouldnt have worked as good as they did. Really a great job this year from all of you and so - thanks for your good work 2005 even if you didnt get the award!I agree.

QuietWind
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 03:41 AM
Congrats, Frans!!!! :bravo

Siegfried
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
Congratulations, Frans. :) Well-deserved :thumbup

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Congratulations, Frans. :) Well-deserved :thumbup
Ditto. Congratulations, Frans. ;)

Mjölnir
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
My congratulations Frans!:) :tthumbsup :fhdclap: :nod :victory :snowflake

Thorburn said it right he is the soul of Skadi. But i must gratulate another great staff member and this is Renee88, she does so much working in here and here work is 99,99% perfect!;)

M.,

NS. Thanks Frans again for the "Nest" what a music...:thumbup :thumbup

Siegmund
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Renee88, she does so much working in here and here work is 99,99% perfect!;)
At least 99,99%! :fhdclap:

Wayfarer
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Frans, you deserve this award, a very good choice from Thorburn.

I would also support Aggripas assertion on the feminine contribution to Skadi. Such members as Aeternitas, Blutwölfin, Haldís, Jennifer, Renee etc, who sometimes might not be always noticable, certainly leave their presence felt. Wether in their intelligent posts, level headedness, or in their great contributions and excellent links they provide, or just the homeliness air about them, Skadi is that much a better place for having them.

Fjörgyn
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
Szívélyes gratulátok, Frans! ;)

I would give it too Aeternitas for always have a helping hand and for all the spent time to translating my texts to English :).

And not forget WPMP3 that already hold out it since eternal times with me and not yet thereby despaired :D.

A big thanks goes also to all the other Staffs and members for their confidence.

sceagacros
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
I've only been participating here for a short while but perceived immediately the wit , intelligence and value of Frans_jozef ... you sir are a gentleman.Congratulations!:thumbup

The Black Prince
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 11:54 PM
Van harte gefeliciteerd Frans! :)

:thumbup

Lundmanus
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Grattis, Frans!

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Congratulations Frans!! Finally, recognition for all your work, caring and contributions.

Oskorei
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Grattis Frans. :)

war
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Congratulations Frans for the award :tthumbsup

Let you encourage for more good work :)

Racial regards
war

Akerbeltz
Monday, January 9th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Handi Zorionak! :D

Nordraserei
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I'm a little late, but congrats on the award, Franziepooh. :thumbup :D

Chlodovech
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM
The best news in years. The elite gets the recognition it deserves, as it should be. :D

Proficiat, Frans! If there were some more leagues - only one member could go for a treble. But since this nomination includes every possible competition, I guess you earned more than a treble.

Dietsland is very, very proud of you. As our foremost ambassador you make us look like this Herrenvolk we talked about last night. ;) Small numbers, big souls!

Down with Guy Verhofstadt, let's install Frans as prime minister for life! Viva la revolucion! Viva Frans! Viva Dietsland! http://www.polinco.net/forum/images/smilies/GN.gif

Ederico
Wednesday, January 18th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Congratulations goes to Frans, well deserved.

I notice I am still Staff Member even though due to many reasons I couldn't be around, and right now I shouldn't since I should, and will, be returning to studying (exams next Monday!).

Whoever wants to contact me just add me MSN address to your list, vero.nazionalista.latino@gmail.com. For email contact use ederico.figallo@gmail.com.

Ciao!