PDA

View Full Version : Non-Firearm Weapons

Viking Blood
Thursday, September 25th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Anyone else here into non-firearm weapons? Since firearms are so heavily restricted in Canada (and most places outside the US), I got more interested in knives, canes and impact weapons. Today I'm carrying a Spyderco Chinook, Surefire E2e flashlight, DTL Impact Kerambit (cleverly disguised as a wrench), Comtech Stinger,and a couple of different Kubotans.
I spend lots of time and money acquiring new toys to fill my pockets (and Vanessa's purse), and learning new methods of defending myself with them.

Good resources:

http://www.donrearic.com
http://www.selfdefenseforums.com
http://www.gutterfighting.org
http://www.shivworks.com
Fred Perrin's site (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/2292/main.htm)

enjoy, discuss, etc.

Evolved
Thursday, September 25th, 2003, 09:42 AM
A butterfly knife, 3 ninja throwing stars and a crossbow. :D

Viking Blood
Thursday, September 25th, 2003, 09:45 AM
YES! Extra points if you carry the crossbow on a regular basis!

You can't use it if you leave it at home... :D

Evolved
Tuesday, September 30th, 2003, 07:04 AM
I live in the suburbs where everyone is uptight about weapons (and everything else) :oanieyes If I carried a crossbow around my neighbor would call the police. :eek

Phlegethon
Tuesday, September 30th, 2003, 10:12 AM
I'd call the police if you were unarmed as well. ;)

Evolved
Sunday, October 5th, 2003, 06:46 AM
You're afraid of unarmed Magyar midgets? :P

Phlegethon
Sunday, October 5th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Magyar Midgets are mean, mischievous, meretricious, maladjusted, maladroit, malafite, malcontent, malefic, malevolent, malignant - and maltreatable.

I am done with alliterations for today. ;)

hardcorps
Monday, October 27th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Anyone else here into non-firearm weapons? Since firearms are so heavily restricted in Canada (and most places outside the US), I got more interested in knives, canes and impact weapons. Today I'm carrying a Spyderco Chinook, Surefire E2e flashlight, DTL Impact Kerambit (cleverly disguised as a wrench), Comtech Stinger,and a couple of different Kubotans.
I spend lots of time and money acquiring new toys to fill my pockets (and Vanessa's purse), and learning new methods of defending myself with them.

Interesting interest!

In an actual combat scenario, though, never underestimate the value of stray pieces of wood. Additionally, anything metallic, can easily turn the tide of a fight. Even a fork can be incredibly useful.

Butter (blunt) knives are in some ways better than slicing knives - any wound inflicted is very messy and doesn't heal as quickly as a clean but deeper sharp knife thrust.

With these types of objects, the law is far less a cause for concern. There is no doubt, though, that your weapons would have a far better deterrent effect on a would-be assailant!!

K0ff33
Sunday, April 18th, 2004, 01:13 PM
i really think your best bet with a non firearm is a can of mace or peper spray.

Angelcynn Beorn
Sunday, April 18th, 2004, 06:52 PM
i really think your best bet with a non firearm is a can of mace or peper spray.
Carrying weapons in England can get you into all sorts of trouble. Although at various times ive carried fistloads, stanley knives, heavy chains with padlocks and aerosols + a lighter under various different pretences.

Viking Blood
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 07:45 AM

Pepper spray has some serious limitations. If you spray it indoors or upwind, you're likely to get a faceful of it yourself. Also, I've seen people get sprayed with pepper spray and been pretty much unaffected. There's two factors that make it pretty unreliable.

I'm not completely against pepper spray, but it's extremely overrated. I'd prefer to leave the bad guy with big messy wounds or blunt trauma. Let's see some prick try to punch you after you've cut his arm so deep with a SHARP knife that he can't even make a fist, or smashed his hand with something hard, and shattered all those little bones. Blood fillling the eyes from a slash across the forehead will blind anyone, including a drug-crazed criminal who's immune to pepper spray. A skull fracture would help, too.

To tell the honest truth, I'd rather be armed with a padlock or a box-cutter than pepper spray, they're more versatile and more dependable, if you know what you're doing.

Basically, pepper spray can be a useful addition to your arsenal, but it CANNOT replace knives and impact weapons. Anyways, in Canada at least, pepper spray is a restricted weapon, in the same category as telescoping batons (now THAT'S a weapon that may be worth the legal risk!). At least you might be able to pass a knife off as being carried for utility purposes. Pepper spray can only be a weapon, and is very likely to get you charged.

I honestly don't mean to bite your head off, KOff33, and I don't want to seem hostile towards you, but I know first hand that pepper spray cannot be relied on in a lot of situations, and it pisses me off to no end, every time a female friend of mine drops a can of pepper spray in her purse, and thinks she's protected. It might make her FEEL safe, but in reality she'd be better off with a good bright flashlight and a tactical folder or even a neck knife. Hell, throw in a Comtech Stinger and a couple of magic markers, too.

As a rule, all those self defense "experts" who tell people that they're well protected from just a can of pepper spray (or worse, a stun gun, or even just a whistle) and discourage them from carrying real weapons that can actually give them the power to defend themselves more effectively (using made-up statistics about weapons being taken away from people and used against them) are a bunch of snake-oil con-artists who just feed people the P.C. feel-good bullshit they want to hear for a quick buck, and in reality put lives in serious danger, by giving them a false sense of security.

Of course, what do I know, I'm a weapon-loving psycho. ;)

If you are thinking of carrying pepper spray, get a couple of extra cans, so you can practice your accuracy, and to spray yourself (or get a friend to spray you). This may sound dumb, but you have to know what to expect it to do to an attacker, and you have to know what to expect if you get a faceful of the stuff yourself (which you probably will). Also, if the police get involved, be sure to tell them about the big scary dog that your neighbour has, and how the pepper spray is 'just in case it attacks me or a loved one'. Around here at least, that's the only thing that'll get you off the hook.

Wow, didn't mean to make such a long post, and once again, KOff33, I'm not meaning to be hostile towards you, just stating the facts as I see them.

Jamopy, what exactly is a Stanley knife? I also used to carry a chain and padlock. One effective (and extremely covert) fistload my dad told me about is a small cloth bag filled with birdshot. It conforms perfectly to the inside of your fist, so you're less likely to bust a knuckle than with a roll of coins, and it can be passed off as a hand excerciser/stress reliever.

Vestmannr
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Well, I'm in the US. For friends of mine who cannot get firearms, I suggest a baseball bat or an axe handle (my favourite). With training in quarterstaff of singlestick, one can get along fine with a hardwood stick. Beyond that, I like something with some flexibility that can be used like a whip. South Africa used to make those fiberglass 'Sjambok' whips, and those metal collapsing police batons are nice.

Knife can get one is serious legal trouble, and even worse trouble if the person isnt properly trained in the use of the blade. Otherwise, in countries that arent afraid of phallic symbols (weapons) ... a Danish axe works nice :) Makes folk run.

Final note: if we are talking chemical weapons? Humans by nature react against fire ... good thing to remember ;) However, what I really wanted to point out: pepper spray may not be the best choice. I, and several other folk I've met are immune to it. I eat capsicum in such huge quantities that I've done demonstrations before as to its relative unreliablity... unless you find the stuff made for Bears, and not for humans. (Not sure how that would look in court though.) Mace, I've seen it only make an attacker redouble his efforts. Even for stun guns, I've seen guys sit up and take it (I have quite a high tolerance for electricity as well ... a taser can take me down though, but I'll bet if you cant get a handgun.. you cant get a taser.)

K0ff33
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 01:53 PM
thats kewl Vik. my feeling about it was more to do with the law. i allways thought that you would get in more trouble if a cop stopped and you had a knife, compared to a can of mace.

i was thinking more along the line of self-defence. not offensive attack.
i never attacked any1 with anything other then my fists. and come to think about it, it was allways about a girl:)

Angelcynn Beorn
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Jamopy, what exactly is a Stanley knife? I also used to carry a chain and padlock. One effective (and extremely covert) fistload my dad told me about is a small cloth bag filled with birdshot. It conforms perfectly to the inside of your fist, so you're less likely to bust a knuckle than with a roll of coins, and it can be passed off as a hand excerciser/stress reliever.

Hmmm, im not sure about American terminology, but i think you call them boxcutters over there. Basically its a metallic or plastic handle with a sliding tab that exposes a small triangular shaped blade.

The fistload idea sounds good, ill have to give it a try. I was having a conversation with my mates a few days ago about fistloads and a couple of them had interesting ideas too. One was simply carrying one of those large corkscrews, where the actual screw comes out in the middle of the handle between the middle fingers. Seems like it would act similar to a punch dagger, albeit it would leave worse cosmetic injuries (torn skin and muscle) but without inflicting any potentially deadly wounds. Handy if you have to go to court.

Th other was to carry a large climbing caribeener (sp?). Once slipped onto your hand it would act very similar to knuckle dusters. I really liked the sound of this, and when i get my hands on one im gonna try it out on my punchbag. :D

Heavy belt buckles seem to work well too. My mate has used them to good effect several times before. Probably not the weapon for me though, as i seem to take an absolute bloody age to get my belt off whenever ive tried practising it. :~(

Taras Bulba
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I live in the suburbs where everyone is uptight about weapons (and everything else) :oanieyes If I carried a crossbow around my neighbor would call the police. :eek

You live around the Detroit area don't you? Thats how I remember when I lived there. HAHAHAHAHAHA, basically it was woodstock with yuppies dressed in business suits!

Zyklop
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I actually can´t understand how some people can get through everyday life without a knife. I mean not as a weapon but as a tool. There is always something you have to cut, slice, pry or lance. And it might come in handy if you are in other trouble as well. Better a knife you don´t need than no knife when you are in need.

kinvolk
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Knife is always good. Just make sure its not TOOO concealed. But for my peace of mind I'll always go for my steel or teflon tipped boots. Aim for the knees or groin and dont stop till you get tired of it!

Zyklop
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 06:34 PM
In Germany there is no law upon concealing a knife.

Angelcynn Beorn
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 10:23 PM
In England its up to 5 years imprisonment for carrying any form of concealed weapon.

K0ff33
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 11:14 PM
the fist load idea would be easy with a swiss army knife. i had a larger version with a reemer on it and a cork screw.

i have had real bad expierences kicking stuff with steel toes. even at work jus tripping over something on the ground. it seems to hurt the crap out of my big toe:-O , its like a throbbing pain kinda like hitting your funnybone. cant even walk for about 5 seconds.

how bout a nite stick?

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 02:16 AM
:D 2 swords, 1 battle axe, German bayonet & knife.

wild_bill
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Well, I'm in the US. For friends of mine who cannot get firearms, I suggest a baseball bat or an axe handle (my favourite). With training in quarterstaff of singlestick, one can get along fine with a hardwood stick. Beyond that, I like something with some flexibility that can be used like a whip. South Africa used to make those fiberglass 'Sjambok' whips, and those metal collapsing police batons are nice.

Another item that's good is a stout golf club. Perfectly innocuous to be carried in the backseat of a car. Good reach and with the weight at the end for great striking force.

In the southern states its very common to see pickup trucks with gun racks holding rifles, shotguns, ball bats, and ax handles.

Viking Blood
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I know a guy who used a golf club on a pack of street punks, it definitely can get the job done. A baseball bat can be handy in the car, just make sure you throw a ball and glove in there, too. ;)
Personally, I carry a 3 d-cell mag-lite in the car, it's short enough to use in tight quarters (as in inside the vehicle), and is heavy enough to do some serious damage. I'm confident I could probably crack an attacker's skull with it.
Frontiersman, it's funny you should mention the good ol' Sjambok, I was just thinking of ordering Cold Steel's plastic version (I believe the SA original ones were made from elephant hair), it's a great deal at USD10.99$.
I've also been thinking of ordering some sticks from this site, http://newtlivesay.com/newt_livesay_CANES-STICKS.htm the Grey Ghost walking stick seems like a very innocent-looking, but devastating weapon that a cop wouldn't look twice at if he sees it in a vehicle.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I keep one of these (what the red arrow is pointing to) in my truck. Police asked me what it was for once, and I just said in case I get a flat tire. Sometimes the lug nuts are difficult to get off because they put them on with an impact gun. An 18" wrench gives more leverage. I wouldn't want to get cracked across the head with one.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 09:22 AM
As an alternate, I guess this would work too. More difficult to explain though if you're carrying it around in your vehicle.

kinvolk
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 05:26 PM
the fist load idea would be easy with a swiss army knife. i had a larger version with a reemer on it and a cork screw.

i have had real bad expierences kicking stuff with steel toes. even at work jus tripping over something on the ground. it seems to hurt the crap out of my big toe:-O , its like a throbbing pain kinda like hitting your funnybone. cant even walk for about 5 seconds.

how bout a nite stick?
A night stick here in the states would probably be grounds for a search and seizure. I've never had a problem kicking the living s**t out of some idiot with my boots. Stun-gun is cool too, except like boots you have to be real close. Closer than I care to be. I get my concealed-carry permit back any day now. Good for me!

Zyklop
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 06:44 PM
i have had real bad expierences kicking stuff with steel toes. even at work jus tripping over something on the ground. it seems to hurt the crap out of my big toe , its like a throbbing pain kinda like hitting your funnybone. cant even walk for about 5 seconds.

Try cutting your toenails. There should be no problem wearing shoes with steel tips.

In England its up to 5 years imprisonment for carrying any form of concealed weapon.

Really? Maybe I misunderstood the term "concealed". I mean to hide your weapon under your clothes isn´t illegal in Germany. Sword-canes and such disguised weapons are illegal though, and can get you up to 3 years. Other illegal weapons are butterfly-knives (balisongs), most OTF-automatical knives, push-daggers, brass knuckles and blackjacks (in german called "Totschläger").

What is a night stick btw?

kinvolk
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 07:23 PM
A 'night stick' is normally carried by police here in the states. about a foot and a half long, 3/4 inch thickness with a 6 inch long handle 2/3 of the way down the shaft. Made either of wood or hard plastic most often filled with lead. The police here LOVE to wack on people with these things![before they shoot you of course!] And it hurts! If you ever saw the now-famous video of the Rodney King beating, those were night sticks.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I keep one of these (what the red arrow is pointing to) in my truck.

BTW, that tool is called a crescent wrench, just in case you want to get one. Be sure to carry a socket that fits your lug nuts with it. Then the police can't question your motive for carrying it.

Zyklop
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I used to carry a cross wench in my car some time ago but nowadays I think it is too easy getting disarmed of it.

http://www.allproducts.com/india/ajay/h2t236.jpg

cosmocreator
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I used to carry a cross wench in my car some time ago but nowadays I think it is too easy getting disarmed of it.

http://www.allproducts.com/india/ajay/h2t236.jpg

That's pretty useless as a weapon. Pretty useless to remove lug nuts too if they've been put on with an impact gun.

Zyklop
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 09:19 PM
That's pretty useless as a weapon. Pretty useless to remove lug nuts too if they've been put on with an impact gun.

I don´t know what an impact gun is, but over here, repair shops fix wheel nuts with a torque wrench, which isn´t so strong you can´t open it with a cross wrench by yourself.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 10:55 PM
I don´t know what an impact gun is, but over here, repair shops fix wheel nuts with a torque wrench, which isn´t so strong you can´t open it with a cross wrench by yourself.

A torque wrench is the right tool to use.

This is an impact gun:

http://www.handsontools.com/store/show_product/?product_id=3553

Masterrace
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Hey, great part of that forum here ;)

I´m collecting (and using) ONLY knives...

Now some of my changing EDC:
-Harsey Tactical
-Emerson CQC 7
-Microtech Amphibian
-Spyderco Civillian
-Spyderco Karambit
-MOD Razorback
-Extrema Ratio "Shrapnel"

and also my SureFire M6 Millenium or SureFire 9P.:D

Zyklop
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 04:33 PM
These are some expensive knives and flashlights :-O
I wish I could afford just one of them. What do you think about Fällkniven? What is your favorite steel?

Stephen
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Personally I prefer the viper or "vipera". It is a telescopic staff with a steel ball at the end of it. It is very deadly, 1 hit to the head, and your enemy is dead, thus it is more wise to hit the arm/leg. :D

Masterrace
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 06:24 PM
These are some expensive knives and flashlights :-O
I wish I could afford just one of them. What do you think about Fällkniven? What is your favorite steel?
Fällkniven makes very good knives an the laminated G10-Steel ist fantastic an very sharp. (all Knives have HRC 59!)
My favorites are G1 Garm Fighter and the A2.

My favorite steel is S30V and 154CM...

kinvolk
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Another good one that I have is called an 'ASP' It is a telescoping metal whip. Closes down to 10 inches in length. About 4 feet long at full extention. It takes skin right off When you whack someone with it. And it is VERY painful!

Zyklop
Saturday, June 5th, 2004, 06:46 PM
154CM is the American equivalent to Japanese ATS-34 , right?

My favorite Fällkniven would be the A1 but considering its unpractical size I rather tend towards the S1:
http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15049&stc=1
The Garm fighter looks nice but teflon-coatings on stainless steels are unnecessary and look ugly when they wear off.
http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15050&stc=1

If you are a fan of Spyderco Knives check out this thread over at bladeforums.com:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241238

Do you sharpen your blades free-hand on a stone or do you use tools like the lansky-set?

Neo Tiger
Friday, June 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Hi good people!

My advice on armed streetfighting and the potential of going to court for it is this:

Go to a store, buy a medium sized can of spaghetti in tomato sauce. Use two plasicbags to carry it in stead of one.
Now you're armed with a potentially deadly weapon. Say you're attacked by a class act boxer, you'll swing your bag, he'll try and catch it with his guard. The bag with the can will rotate around his arm and hit him, say in the temple of his head. The next time you swing it he won't be able to try and block it.

And if you feel nice someday you can put some hard, massive vegetable into your self-protection shopping bag instead.

In practice, you can have two sets of these bags containing fitting items purchased from a local supermarket, you can wear these TOTALLY LEGAL WONDERFUL CLUBS in your jacket at any time..

Come trouble and BANGBANGBANG no more trouble, they take you to court.. "Hey, I was on my way home, I'd been to the store and stuff, and they tried to jump me, when we all know they should have stayed at home.. Then I went home and, the spaghetti was wonderful.."

Tricknologist
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 03:52 AM
I prefer a folding knife. Where I live any blade under 4 inches is legal to carry.

I have a folder with a belt clip and thumb stud. The belt clip makes it easily concealable, the thumb stud makes it as fast to deploy as a switchblade. You can wet the blade before the other person knows you have it.

Although, I would only use in a legitimate case of self defense.

Another good weapon is a mag-lite, after all it's what the police use. ;)

Although with that said, I prefer firearms, they kept negroes from making forced entry into my vehicle twice. I never had to fire them, some negroes can run faster than I can aim.

Awar
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 05:23 AM
Heheh... nice... that spaghetti stuff :)

I've used some cookies in a fight :D I just bought a pack of cookies and really was on my way home when some idiot pushed me. He had two friends with him.
I threw the cookies up, over his head, and in just one moment, he looked at the flying cookies. That moment I knocked him out. The other two guys weren't so eager to fight after that. :) Them cookies is lethal man, just make sure they're in a clearly visible package! :D

Btw. I'm not too sure of the laws in my country regarding the carrying of non-firearm weapons. I don't have any fancy shops in the vicinity, so what would you say is the best weapon that can be home-made and easily concealed.
I'm expecting a big fight one of these days, and I'll surely be outnumbered again, so I want to take out as many as I can without inflicting serious injuries. I've already been arrested for street fights a couple of times, so it wouldn't be nice if I was again.

Neo Tiger
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 08:00 PM
Heheh... nice... that spaghetti stuff :)

I've used some cookies in a fight :D I just bought a pack of cookies and really was on my way home when some idiot pushed me. He had two friends with him.
I threw the cookies up, over his head, and in just one moment, he looked at the flying cookies. That moment I knocked him out. The other two guys weren't so eager to fight after that. :) Them cookies is lethal man, just make sure they're in a clearly visible package! :D

Btw. I'm not too sure of the laws in my country regarding the carrying of non-firearm weapons. I don't have any fancy shops in the vicinity, so what would you say is the best weapon that can be home-made and easily concealed.
I'm expecting a big fight one of these days, and I'll surely be outnumbered again, so I want to take out as many as I can without inflicting serious injuries. I've already been arrested for street fights a couple of times, so it wouldn't be nice if I was again.
Right. I'd say you should get yourself some skin-coloured brass knuckles in that case. Wear some bodyarmour and have a mean club and\or nunchako under your jacket aswell as a big and scary knife, you pick these things out if you have to..

Now, the brass-knuckles should not be of the kind where too much metal is inside your fist, because you also would want to be able to hold your club at the same time.
You know how the niger rap artists have shiny brass knuckles with their name on them, you want the exact opposite type of weapon, stealth. Invisible, invinsible. You must not have any hard edges on them that may indicate a weapon in court, just get them in the right weight, and paint them in your exact skincolour.. Thats the essence of the brass knuckle, the victims are off guard, ignorant to whats about to hit them.
Later they'll wake up on their ass, and just plain figure you've become the hardest, meanest puncher of the whole darned willage!

Phlegethon
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Right. I'd say you should get yourself some skin-coloured brass knuckles
Illegal.

Wear some bodyarmour
Protective armament. Illegal.

and have a mean club and\or nunchako under your jacket aswell as a big and scary knife, you pick these things out if you have to..
Nunchako: Illegal. Big, scary knife: mostly illegal, too.

I prefer two feet of insulated telecommunications cable with hundreds of fiber glass lines it in.

Zyklop
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 08:26 PM
Big, scary knife: mostly illegal, too.

Untrue.

Phlegethon
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 08:31 PM
Depends on whether it is a folding knife or one with a firm blade. Anyway, only one sharpened edge is legal, which kinda removes all the fun. Apart from that I strongly recommend not to enter into knife fights.

Zyklop
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 08:46 PM
Depends on whether it is a folding knife or one with a firm blade. Anyway, only one sharpened edge is legal, which kinda removes all the fun. Apart from that I strongly recommend not to enter into knife fights.

There are no restrictions regarding blade size, fixed or folding blade, or double sharpened edges (daggers) in Germany.

Only illegal types are butterfly knives, trench knives (Schützengrabenmesser), Push-daggers, OTF-automatic folders, and ballistic openers (Fallschirmspringermesser).

You are allowed to carry any legal weapon with you (even a sword) as long as you don´t go to public events or would hurt the house-rules (school etc.).

Waffenrecht:
http://www.co2air.de/wbb2/wom/WaffG.html

Awar
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 10:36 PM
Phlegethon, can you please explain that about the telecommunications cable, in metrics too. I have a hard time understanding what it is, but I feel it could be useful in my country :)

Phlegethon
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 10:48 PM
Well, if you have optical fibre cables dug up somewhere close to you it is easy. Here they are upgrading the 20-year-old analogue, one-directional cable TV cables with bi-directional digital cable. It has approximately the diameter of my wrist and is frigging expensive. As it is flexible one can easily break a neck with a piece of such cable. I got my piece legally from a repair worker as it was cut out and replaced (the gas-buffered cable got cut, rendering it useless; makes no difference for my purpose though)

Awar
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 10:53 PM
That sounds useful, thank you. Of course, I'll use a smaller cable... with my strength and speed, I'd probably kill someone with a bigger cable :D

Phlegethon
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 10:56 PM
High voltage outdoor electrical cable works too. But if you do not want to be awarded the 2004 Darwin Award make sure it is not active, OK? ;)

kinvolk
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 11:03 PM
The best weapons are of couse surprise and the will to succeed. Sucker punching is good. And there is always making friends with your enemy, inviting him over for a couple of beers and show him the GREAT view from the roof. One good shove and oh-my. He got drunk and fell off the roof! Perfect crime. Takes some patience though. Sort of like the old camping trick, Where they got drunk and fell off the cliff!

Neo Tiger
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 11:23 PM
I'd just like to mention, if I'm attacked and outnumbered - like the question was, I would'ent wanna stand there with a silly ass cable in my hand..

If one is cought off guard, smacked from behind - back of the head, loose conciousness for a tiny fraction of a second, you'll loose the cable too..

Then how cool are you? You've got your neck-breaker cable on the ground in front of you and three armed attackers around you.. Sound good?

No, I'd rather go with the brass knuckle type weapon in that case. The rings og this iron glove around the fingers of the bearer will ensure that the weapon stayes intact in place, you can wake up from a blackout and have your weapon intact and ready and you then can bounce off the ground and counterattack immediately.

Often after reciving a vicious blow, you'll wake up with your knees bent and you'll barely avoid falling.. Then, would you rather jump up and punch back with metal leverage or would you prefer to crawl about on the ground for a while looking for your club or whatever other ingenious hand-held weapon you choosed to bring with you.

Attach the weapon to your body, when fighting with weapons things easily get deadly, blooded and slippery..

Phlegethon
Monday, June 21st, 2004, 11:35 PM
The point is not what you like but what is legal. Brass knuckles are illegal here while a piece of cable is not. And if I had to choose between illegal weapons I'd pick a gun. But as there is a very high probability (about 100%) that nationalists get randomly stopped and searched by the cops I would not even think about it.

Neo Tiger
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 12:59 AM
The point is not what you like but what is legal. Brass knuckles are illegal here while a piece of cable is not. And if I had to choose between illegal weapons I'd pick a gun. But as there is a very high probability (about 100%) that nationalists get randomly stopped and searched by the cops I would not even think about it.
Yeah? So what do you tell the judge then? That you where out laying cable that night? You're an undercower employee of a big international big secret cable company? Seen the movie Cable Guy? You can tell some jokes from it in court, maybe the judge thinks you're cute, let's you off?

If you wanna karry a legal weapon, carry a can of spaghetti in tomatoesauce inside two plasticbags from a local store. It's cheap, legal and heavy metal leverage.. Bon apetit!

Zyklop
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah? So what do you tell the judge then? That you where out laying cable that night? You're an undercower employee of a big international big secret cable company? Seen the movie Cable Guy? You can tell some jokes from it in court, maybe the judge thinks you're cute, let's you off?

You wouldn´t have to justify yourself when carrying a cable and being stopped by the police. That´s the point.

A screwdriver makes a good weapon too, and since it is classified as a tool, you even could carry it to public events.

There also are so called creditcard-knives which are not distinguishable from normal credit cards on a glimpse.

http://tadgear.com/edged%20tools/images%20for%20pages/nem-ticard.jpg

Mac Seafraidh
Monday, June 28th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I would like a catalog via mail that contains many SS swords adn daggers repro or not, but must look authentic as possible. Any sites that offer a catalog in color free via mail regarding thisss. Thanks.