PDA

View Full Version : Lactose Tolerance, A Sign of Aryan Ancestry?

AryanNordic
Sunday, September 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Sweden has the highest rate of lactose tolerance in the world and the most Classical Nordics "Aryan" types as well.

Southern Europeans, East Asians, and Sub-Saharan Africans are all lactose intolerant.

There are lactose tolerant african tribes, but the ones that are such as the Masai, the Fulani, the Tuareg, these are african tribes but with very "Aryan features such as pointy noses and dolichocephalic narrow faces with no prognathism.

Northern Indians and Middle Easteners are also lactose tolerant.

Is lactose tolerance a Aryan trait?

Evolved
Sunday, September 14th, 2003, 03:41 AM
It indicates a genetic connection to people practicing cattle raising. If you come from a place where milk is not drunk, your ancestors didn't drink it, you'll more likely be intolerant of it. Eskimos and Native Americans for instance. I'm not sure about the Sámi, their milk and cheese come from reindeer. Central Asians and Mongols drink horse milk. Greeks eat goat cheese. Who knows how these people react to cow milk..

What would cause lactose intolerance in South Europeans, Negro or Arab admixture? Not all are lactose intolerant. Italian food has a lot of parmesan cheese in it, why would they cook with something that just makes them all sick?

Italia_Ariana
Sunday, September 14th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Italian food has a lot of parmesan cheese in it, why would they cook with something that just makes them all sick?

I'm lactose-intolerant and I still eat dairy with about everything I eat. The Latose pill is a very big business in Italy.

I'll have to find my sources for it, but I remember a statistic saying that Lactose Intolerance occurs .... in the population of:

63% - Northern Italy
18% - Central Italy
67% - Southern Italy
100% - Naples

I don't know how reliable those numbers are though.

Polak
Sunday, September 14th, 2003, 06:32 AM
I think I'd kill myself if I couldn't drink milk.

I grew up on that stuff.

But I don't think it's an Aryan thing. It just happens to be a feature of populations that depended on milk as a source of nutrients.

Northern Europeans in general show lactose tolerence because their long winters prevented them from getting fresh food in ancient times.

Pomor
Sunday, September 14th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I drink at least a gallon of milk a day. I think that milk is around 60% of all the calories I get daily. Can't imagine my diet without it.
What exactly is the problem with those who are lactose intolerant? Do they have a stomach ache or they just can't digest it? Btw, back in Russia I've never met a person who would be lactose intolerant.

Borivoj
Sunday, September 14th, 2003, 04:27 PM
I hardly ever drink milk, the same goes for many people I know... I find milk kind of discusting actually. (I'm not lactose intolerant though) Most people who are lactose intolerant get cramps,diarrhoea, pain, and other digestive problems. I think the symptoms also depend on the amount of milk consumed, the person itself, and probably some other factors. I heard on the news that men who eat a lot of dairy products are more prone to testicular cancer because the high number of female hormone in milk :(

goidelicwarrior
Wednesday, September 17th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Sweden has the highest rate of lactose tolerance in the world and the most Classical Nordics "Aryan" types as well.

Southern Europeans, East Asians, and Sub-Saharan Africans are all lactose intolerant.

There are lactose tolerant african tribes, but the ones that are such as the Masai, the Fulani, the Tuareg, these are african tribes but with very "Aryan features such as pointy noses and dolichocephalic narrow faces with no prognathism.

Northern Indians and Middle Easteners are also lactose tolerant.

Is lactose tolerance a Aryan trait?
where do u people get this mumbo jumbo from??? ha ha.. the mongols mainly feed on horse milk.. maybe thats what u mean .. :P

TheAnglian
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 07:02 PM
where do u people get this mumbo jumbo from??? This isn't mumbo-jumbo.

http://us.cambridge.org/Books/kiple/lactose.htm

Lactase persistence is uncommon in Africans, Asians, southern Europeans, and the indigenous populations of the Americas and the Pacific. Questions have arisen concerning the use of milk as food for children.

....family studies have demonstrated that lactase production is controlled by an autosomal gene, recently located on chromosome 2. Persistence of lactase production is a dominant trait (Buller and Grand 1990; Arola and Tamm 1994). Following the terminology suggested by Gebhard Flatz (1987), the two alleles are designated LAC*P for lactase persistence and LAC*R for normal adult lactase restriction. The LAC locus appears to be a regulatory gene that reduces lactase synthesis by reducing the transcription of messenger RNA (Arola and Tamm 1994). Persons inheriting LAC*P from both parents would have lactase persistence into adulthood; those getting LAC*R alleles from both parents would display lactase restriction as adults. Heterozygotes would get different alleles and be LAC*P/LAC*R, but since LAC*P is dominant, lactase activity and ability to digest milk would persist beyond childhood.

Other selective forces may also have been at work. Flatz (1987) has suggested that calcium absorption was such a factor in northern Europe. Lactose is known to facilitate calcium absorption in the intestine. The cold, cloudy climate frequently discouraged skin exposure to sunlight, thereby reducing the body’s production of vitamin D. Relatively little dietary vitamin D was available, and so in its absence, calcium was poorly absorbed.
Northern populations were thus vulnerable to rickets and osteomalacia. Pelvic deformities made births more difficult. The gradual extinction of the Greenland Viking colony is an example; skeletal evidence shows that such bone diseases were common among this moribund population. A mutant LAC*P allele would not only allow adults to use an excellent source of calcium, but the lactose would also facilitate its absorption. While not proven, this hypothesis has attracted much attention. It would complement the theory that the pale skin of northern Europeans is a genetic trait maximizing the utility of sunlight in vitamin D production and, hence, calcium absorption.

Cultural impact:
Lactose malabsorption is the normal condition of most adults. Many suffer the clinical symptoms of lactose intolerance if they consume milk, especially in large amounts. In two, or possibly three, places, genetic mutations have arisen that allow adults to gain the nutritional and culinary benefits of milk and many other dairy products. This ability has evolved along with cultural developments with profound implications for livelihood, including, in the northern European case, the development of mixed farming.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 09:18 PM
The people in East Africa who are lactose tolerant are descended from people from the near east who also brought cattle into Africa. The people in Central Asia are partial descendents of Caucasians who brought lactose tolerance in early historical times.

The ability of adults to secret lactase might be linked to the spread of agriculture past the 55 degree N. Latitude as it relates to skin color as set forth in another thread.

Sigel
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I think I'd kill myself if I couldn't drink milk.

I grew up on that stuff.

But I don't think it's an Aryan thing. It just happens to be a feature of populations that depended on milk as a source of nutrients.

Northern Europeans in general show lactose tolerence because their long winters prevented them from getting fresh food in ancient times.

I’d heard something similar. The same for alcohol. We are a genetic product of our environment. 2 ice ages, pigmentation changes, available foodstuffs and natural selection.

shockgrrrl
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I say it is more cultural than racial really. Europeans(Northern?) were the main users of cows/ milk and others too. The milk just wasn't used in Africa, South America( not much as far as I know), etc. People's that have used it longer are more used to it. Take for example American Indians when they drink... oh watch out! They are not used to alcohol yet. There has to be some countries displaced that have lactose tolerance in a mainly lactose intollerant area. Plus the intolerance can be cause by things such as pregnancy too. Well, that's my theory anyway...

Dobermann
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 12:58 AM
If I drink too much milk or cream, I get lots of Phleghm and usually a chesty cold! As a child I had to have goats and soya milk instead of cows becasue of this.Does that mean im lactose intolerant? :~(

nordic_canadian_male
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 01:54 AM
I never drank milk till I was 14, I didn't like the taste. But now I drink roughly 2 liters per day, and usually a liter just before bed, I got very hungry fast and can't sleep, the milk takes away the hunger pains. I knew this guy who was half black, and half native canadian(good mix :-O ) he would drink milk to throw up just for fun, he wasn't very clean, he had skin problems :D

What do you get when you cross a native american with a nigger?

A drug dealer who deals cleaning products.