PDA

View Full Version : Back and having problems.

Vestmannr
Wednesday, November 30th, 2005, 11:58 PM
I hadn't logged on in a long while - I did reconfirm, but I'm having a problem both with the mainpage, my profile, and threads in general. I cannot access many parts of the mainpage; some links lead to member profiles rather than various fora. I am denied access to many parts of my own profile, and denied access to various threads, etc. Just wondering what has happened? Can I fix it? :~(

Vestmannr
Thursday, December 1st, 2005, 12:11 AM
Ah! Brilliant - someone must have done something. The problems were just 'fixed' suddenly (as far as I can tell). Again, thanks.

Leofric
Saturday, December 3rd, 2005, 02:04 AM
I have this exact problem every time I use my work computer to access Skadi (my boss is very tolerant). On that machine, I use Safari on Mac OS 10.3. But I also have an iBook running OS 10.2, and I've never had that problem using Safari on the iBook. The version of Safari on my iBook is older, since OS 10.2 won't take the recent versions of Safari. I suspect there's some incompatibility between recent installments of Safari and the vBulletin software we're using. As a result, I usually use IE on an IBM-compatible for visiting Skadi.

The Black Prince
Saturday, December 3rd, 2005, 02:09 AM
Indeed Skadi seems to be also somewhat unfriendly (or the other way around) to 'Opera webrowser' sometimes it workes, sometimes not :)

Appalachian
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Frontiersman!

:thumbup

Aeternitas
Tuesday, December 6th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Yes unfortunately there are some problems with browsers when surfing Skadi. Those of you who are running Firefox for example, on older versions than 1.0.7 should make an update for better readability. I suppose it's the same with Opera... I've used Firefox 1.0.7, now I'm using Firefox 1.5 and Opera 8.51 and I haven't encountered problems with these versions.

Siegfried
Tuesday, December 6th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Indeed Skadi seems to be also somewhat unfriendly (or the other way around) to 'Opera webrowser' sometimes it workes, sometimes not :)

I'm using Opera and everything works just fine. :)

nurnberg
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I wish to speak to the Senior Moderator(s)

Please contact me via Private messaging on forum as my email is not yet validated and temporarily inaccessible.

"31. Complaint beyond Complaints Forum 31. If you have been warned, or your post or threads fell under activity of editorial Staff discretion, and you disagree with the measure, you can post about it politely and benevolently in the Complaints forum, citing the reasons for your disagreement, and your concern shall be fairly considered. All such complaints that do not follow these proceedings, in particular all those that are posted in other threads and categories, shall be simply deleted and ignored, at best tightening the measures."

I do not wish to discuss this publicly in the Complain section; I wish to speak with one of the senior moderators.

Please reactivate the PM messaging for my account for one day or two in order that I may confer with a Senior Moderator please.

nurnberg
Tuesday, December 20th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I wish to speak to the Senior Moderator(s)

Please contact me via Private messaging on forum as my email is not yet validated and temporarily inaccessible.

"31. Complaint beyond Complaints Forum 31. If you have been warned, or your post or threads fell under activity of editorial Staff discretion, and you disagree with the measure, you can post about it politely and benevolently in the Complaints forum, citing the reasons for your disagreement, and your concern shall be fairly considered. All such complaints that do not follow these proceedings, in particular all those that are posted in other threads and categories, shall be simply deleted and ignored, at best tightening the measures."

I do not wish to discuss this publicly in the Complain section; I wish to speak with one of the senior moderators.

Please reactivate the PM messaging for my account for one day or two in order that I may confer with a Senior Moderator please.

refreshing this request.
Thank you

nurnberg
Tuesday, December 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM
refreshing this request.
Thank you

Dear nurnberg,

A warning you have received for violating Skadi Forum Rules has been removed by the Forums team. The removed warning concerned:
... Your total Warning Level at the moment is: 0 point(s).

Please reply back if you have a dispute.
I wish to speak with the Senior Moderator(s) concerning this incident.

Until now no one is coming forward to take responsibility for the gross misinterpretation on the part of the person who issued the warning which resulted in my banning.

I would like to say something about that to the Senior Moderator(s) if possible.

Aeternitas
Tuesday, December 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Your PMs are activated. If you have an issue with a senior moderator, PM him/her yourself about it.

[...]the gross misinterpretation on the part of the person who issued the warning which resulted in my banning. And mind this rule, please:

31. If you have been warned, or your post or threads fell under activity of editorial Staff discretion, and you disagree with the measure, you can post about it politely and benevolently in the Complaints forum, citing the reasons for your disagreement, and your concern shall be fairly considered.

nurnberg
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 04:16 AM
Your PMs are activated. If you have an issue with a senior moderator, PM him/her yourself about it.

And mind this rule, please:

31. If you have been warned, or your post or threads fell under activity of editorial Staff discretion, and you disagree with the measure, you can post about it politely and benevolently in the Complaints forum, citing the reasons for your disagreement, and your concern shall be fairly considered.

I consider "gross misinterpretation" as an extremely polite understatement.
Who is the Senior Moderator(s) to whom I should send the PM ?

Thank you for your response.

Aeternitas
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 04:29 AM
Who is the Senior Moderator(s) to whom I should send the PM ? Well, if you want to discuss your warning & temp ban, PM the moderator who issued it. It should be mentioned in the warning PM you received.

nurnberg
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM
Well, if you want to discuss your warning & temp ban, PM the moderator who issued it. It should be mentioned in the warning PM you received.

As I have been requesting repeatedly since the Warning was issued, I wish to speak to a Senior Moderator(s).

I responded to the person who issued the Warning [which warning value automatically ensured I was banned] and that person did not respond to me, no doubt because they do not have a leg to stand on regarding the Warning in the first place.

Therefore I request again to speak with a Senior Moderator(s).

The fact that this is dragging on tells me that the Warning was issued without much thought in the matter nor attention to what was actually being said.

Certainly nothing that can be interpreted in the category in which the Warning is defined.

There is an issue of integrity, accuracy, and common sense here; the fact that I was banned does not bother me per se.

If the Warning and Banning had been issued for some other reason it is possible I would not even be requesting to speak to the Senior Moderator(s).

I question the competency of the judgement in the Warning.

nurnberg
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 11:22 AM
Well, if you want to discuss your warning & temp ban, PM the moderator who issued it. It should be mentioned in the warning PM you received.

No it was never sent via PM it was sent via email.

QuietWind
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 12:21 PM
As I have been requesting repeatedly since the Warning was issued, I wish to speak to a Senior Moderator(s).

I responded to the person who issued the Warning [which warning value automatically ensured I was banned] and that person did not respond to me, no doubt because they do not have a leg to stand on regarding the Warning in the first place.

Therefore I request again to speak with a Senior Moderator(s).

The fact that this is dragging on tells me that the Warning was issued without much thought in the matter nor attention to what was actually being said.

Certainly nothing that can be interpreted in the category in which the Warning is defined.

There is an issue of integrity, accuracy, and common sense here; the fact that I was banned does not bother me per se.

If the Warning and Banning had been issued for some other reason it is possible I would not even be requesting to speak to the Senior Moderator(s).

I question the competency of the judgement in the Warning.

Got it, and will address it in staff.:)

nurnberg
Thursday, December 22nd, 2005, 10:10 AM
Got it, and will address it in staff.:)

That is good news.
Again, no complaint about being banned per se, merely the warning category.
Hope you are feeling better, see my PM response to yours.