PDA

View Full Version : Classify Polish politicians Roman Giertych & Tadeusz Iwinski

Kel`Thuz
Friday, September 12th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I'm posting here photos of two politicians from Poland, with interesting phenotypes. Thus I'd like some classifications.

The first one is Roman Giertych, leader of a nationalist-catholic party LPR. What struck me as I first saw him on TV, is his enormously high head (as for Polish folk, that is). He comes from an old family with strong patriotic traditions, so I suspect he's pure blood Pole.

The second one is a really nasty type. A post-communist minister, Tadeusz Iwinski, a really arrogant man, and a born liar. I suspect he must be Jewish, as judged from his looks...

Unregistered
Friday, September 12th, 2003, 02:09 AM
The first guy, Giertych, is not unusually high headed for a Pole. He looks like a Corded/Battle Axe to me, though probably more round headed than the ancient Cords.

I also seem to recall that his name is a Polonised version of a German surname.

The other guy looks Dinaric or at least partly Armenoid, and shows signs of rufosity too. He could be Jewish, though quite a few ethnic Poles also have that look.

Kel`Thuz
Friday, September 12th, 2003, 10:41 AM
The name 'Giertych' is 100% ancient (Proto-)Slavonic name (that is, Indo-European/Battle-Axe) . The 'Gier' part means 'hero' , as can be today seen in Slavonic words like 'gieroj' or 'gierrus' , al pertaining to 'hero'. It was the migration of the Battle-Axes to the today Germanic countries, which brought this name, as well as several other ancient Slavonic names there (not to mention the whole Indo-European linguistics, culture and religion).

So, if he has a Battle-Axe name, and looks like a Battle-Axe, it seems quite logical then.

I also seem to recall that his name is a Polonised version of a German surname.