PDA

View Full Version : Green Eyes?

Barbarossa
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005, 06:45 AM
I don't know if this is the right forum section to start thius thread but . . .

I was curious about what sub-race(s) green eyes is predominant or significant in. Are green eyes common in nordids? Or are they more common in eastern Europeans? Can non-whites have green eyes?
Thanks for the help guys.

Huzar
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
Fro what i've noted, green eyes are common amongst Dinarids and Atlantomediterranids. Though it's only an impression. Agrippa, what do you think ?

Siegfried
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Can non-whites have green eyes?

I have seen them in non-Europeans (an Afghan is the first to come to mind) and mongrels, yes. It just reinforces the point that you cannot isolate a single feature to determine race. :)

Hardwig
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Green Eyes have intermediate pigmentation compared to blue and brown eyes.So isn't mad to think that in countries with overwhelming majorities of blue eyed and brown eyed people,like Sweden,Finland,Greece and Spain this type may be somewhat rare.In countries that have great numbers of both blue eyed and brown eyed people living side by side like France or Northern parts of Italy,this color must be more common due to a higher possibility of mixture among them.Is just a guess.

Skildur
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
I know a jew who has green eyes.

Hagalaz
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 02:58 AM
I know a jew who has green eyes.
I know a Jew who has blue eyes :P

Skildur
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 03:07 AM
I know a Jew who has blue eyes :P

And blond hair??? :-O :-O :-O

Hagalaz
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Does this eye appear more Blue or Green or just mixed?

alphaknave
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 06:36 AM
[quote=MacQuiston]Does this eye appear more Blue or Green or just mixed?

Looks similar to mine, which is light-mixed.

Huzar
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Green Eyes have intermediate pigmentation compared to blue and brown eyes.So isn't mad to think that in countries with overwhelming majorities of blue eyed and brown eyed people,like Sweden,Finland,Greece and Spain this type may be somewhat rare..Is just a guess.

The right guess, i think. Perhaps, you're not "expert", but your observation is very correct; eye colour is a sort of continuum of various shades : less pigmented is, lighter appears. clear blue eyes are the most depigmented obviously (perhaps we should say that pure blue means almost a total absence of pigment). More pigment you add to the iris, more the iris begins to gain "coloured" reflexes and then intermediate shades of any kind. Normally, the scale is so (i think) :

1) Blue (clear) (or "pure" blue)

2) Blue (darker) (or grey-Blue)

3) Grey (pure) (exact intermediate between "pure" blue and "pure" green)

4) Grey (darker) (grey-green)

5) Green (pure) (exact intermed. between "pure" grey and "pure" brown)

6) Green (darker) ( or green-brown, or greenish/brownish. The intermediate between brown spectrum and green spectrum)

7) Brown (hazel) (or light-brown)

8) Brown ( the "classic" brown)

9) Brown (darker) (or dark-brown, or brown/black)

10) Black (rather rare, inside europid race)

[NOTE* = the last two categories (9/10) are the only variety we can observe in non-europid, non mixed races]

As you can see, green shades, are in the exact middle of my personal "ten colours" scale

In countries that have great numbers of both blue eyed and brown eyed people living side by side like France or Northern parts of Italy,this color must be more common due to a higher possibility of mixture among them

True. This kind of shades are very common im mittel europe(or central europe), from North Italy to France in general and Southern Germany.

Here a sort of example of mixed pigmentation from northern Italy :

http://tinypic.com/hs4yv9.jpg

Weg
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Ah, time for me to use my favorite specimen! :P

"Here I'm!"

http://www.tagesschau.de/styles/container/image/style_images_default/0,1307,OID3706264,00.jpg

I've ever seen redhead jews as well. They absorbed some native genes to be less physically aliens and fool us more easily.

In countries that have great numbers of both blue eyed and brown eyed people living side by side like France or Northern parts of Italy,this color must be more common due to a higher possibility of mixture among them.Is just a guess.

That's it. My thought actually.

6) Green (darker) ( or green-brown, or greenish/brownish. The intermediate between brown spectrum and green spectrum)
7) Brown (hazel) (or light-brown)

According to some peoples, hazel is a brown greenish colour. I fall into the 6th category I think. It's really subjective now.

8) Brown ( the "classic" brown)

9) Brown (darker) (or dark-brown, or brown/black)

10) Black (rather rare, inside europid race)

[NOTE* = the last two categories (9/10) are the only variety we can observe in non-europid, non mixed races]
Unmixed Mongolids can have Brown eyes (especially Chinese and Japenese, even if less common among the latter), but brown-eyed (pure) Negrids?

About Black eyes. It's true it's rare among Europids. It's more an Negroid/Mongoloid thing. But when it occurs among Europids, is it a trace of ancient race-mixing or could it just be a colour proper to an old primitive Europid race? Light eyes being more recent in order of apparition and dark/black the original colours. Just a thought. I'm wondering... I've seen southern europeans with black eyes, a couple of Central european with such an eye colour and also dark eyed Finns (Lappish admixture most likely).

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Are people with freckles considerd more darker as people who don't?

I once heared green eyse were caused by on the loose melanine, (Like as freckles I suppose) loose Melanine is yellow I thought.

Yellow + Blue is...

My sister has dark yellow eyes, quite uncommon, perhaps grey + ... ? .

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:04 AM

http://www.supermodels.nl/ModelPics/annevyalitsyna/04.jpg

This is my favourite example. Blonde-freckled girl. Pure beauty.

Weg
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:10 AM

Generally, they're fairer. They even tend to be very pale.

I once heared green eyse were caused by on the loose melanine, (Like as freckles I suppose) loose Melanine is yellow I thought.

Yellow + Blue is...

My sister has dark yellow eyes, quite uncommon, perhaps grey + ... ? .

Yellow eyes? I would be curious to see that for real. What does her passeport say? Yellow eyes? It's out of our classical blue-green-brown palette.

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Yellow eyes? I would be curious to see that for real. .

Me too. Probably is one the lightest shade, inside brown spectrum, but i'm unsure. (Until now i've observed yellow eyes only in wolves :P and eagles)

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Is it true that some albinos have white eyes? :( :-O

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I have to agree on some perception, it is Light (very light) brown :)

But still neither one of my parents/grandparents had those color of eyes?
(Only grey, blue, green or mixed)

While editing, Eye colour resembles practicly almost eye clour of the blond freckled model SKildur showed.

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:13 AM
but, still although not common, I've heard more talk about yellowish looking eyes, is it brown or is it somewhate else ?

alphaknave
Sunday, November 27th, 2005, 06:18 AM
but, still although not common, I've heard more talk about yellowish looking eyes, is it brown or is it somewhate else ?

Looks like a light brown to me

Edwin
Wednesday, November 30th, 2005, 04:52 AM
My eyes are a reddish brown and have dark green rims, so they look almost artificial, as if they were made alike to my hair, which is now a reddish brown, but was a deep golden red when I was younger. My skin is pale but does not freckle.

paganwarrior
Wednesday, November 30th, 2005, 07:16 AM
sounds like my irish and scottish friends, i know your "anglo" but thats where i see it most often

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, November 30th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Is it true that some albinos have white eyes? :( :-O

I've never heard of it, and it seems rather unlikely to me. http://members.optusnet.com.au/~msafier/albinism/c19albinos.html
That's just a link to pictures of regular albinos, if there is such a thing.

I have green eyes, although they are more brown around the iris. I'm Dutch-English-French-German-Irish-Italian-Native American-Scottish-Swedish-Welsh and I think that's it. (Boy did my ancestors "get around" or what :-O )

Weg
Wednesday, November 30th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Albinos have "pink" eyes rather.

http://www.campbell.k12.ky.us/programs/gtservice/Thingsforweb/albino11.JPG

trebol
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Nice picture :-O

My family have green eyes, but mine, they are brown-hazel. In one eye i have a green pigmentation (in a quarter of it).
I also have a freckled face...

paganwarrior
Thursday, December 22nd, 2005, 09:33 AM
My mother is pure anglo-saxon, she has light blue eyes. My dad is swedish/welsh and has hazel eyes. I have light blue-green eyes.....my first son has med. blue, my first daughter has extremely light green-grey eyes, my second daughter has med/ blue... we have no eastern european ancestry and green makes its appearance here and there... my dads sister has extremely yellow eyes btw....see a pattern?

QuietWind
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005, 04:29 AM
BM posted a couple of links earlier to some non-europids and mullatos with green eyes, and I found another I wanted to add (although this pic doesn't show the green color too well):

http://www.boyacts.com/babin/actorpics/1297.jpg

Here
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 06:14 AM

I know LOTS OF JEWS with blonde jair and blue eyes. I thought it was common. Well, most of the Argentines Jews came from Germany and they are mixed. ;)

Gorm the Old
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I remember once meeting a young man with an Irish surname (I've forgotten what it was.) who had flaming red hair, nearly vermilion, and jade-green eyes. I also remember a Jewish boy, the son of a Jewish teacher of mine, who had blond hair and brown eyes, which I thought a most unusual combination.

Here
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I remember once meeting a young man with an Irish surname (I've forgotten what it was.) who had flaming red hair, nearly vermilion, and jade-green eyes. I also remember a Jewish boy, the son of a Jewish teacher of mine, who had blond hair and brown eyes, which I thought a most unusual combination.

Well, I have lots friends and relatives too, with blonde hair and brown eyes, it isn't a unusual trait over here, tho most of the blondes have blue eyes, but probably 30% have light brown or hazel eyes.

In fact, everybody knows that blonde hair-blue eyes is more common in western Europe, and blond hair-brown eyes are more common in East Europe. ;)

Sturmbaon
Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
"Green eyes are rarer than brown, hazel, blue and gray eyes. Green eyes are most often found in people of Celtic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celt), Germanic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples), and Slavic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_peoples) descent. Hungarians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarians) have the highest percentage of green eyes of any population, close to 20%. Green eyes are also found, though in far lower proportions, among other Caucasian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian) populations in the Middle East (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East) and South Asia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia). They are so common among Pashtuns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashtun_people) that in Pakistan, Pashtuns are often called "Hare Ankheian Vaale": those with green eyes (Hindi translation). They may also be found in many areas of northern India, especially in Punjab and Kashmir." From Wikipedia

And eye color chart from GeneTree:

Light blue:0 dominant alleles
Blue:1 dominant allele
Blue-green:2 dominant alleles
hazel:3 dominant alleles
Light brown:4 dominant alleles
Brown: 5 dominant alleles
Dark brown / black:6 dominant alleles
But there are other variables.

soniconez
Monday, July 24th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Non brown or black eyes is a white trait. This is common knowledge. If you know a Jew or an Arab with colored eyes, its because he has a white gene somewhere in his lineage.

flavius
Thursday, August 31st, 2006, 01:16 PM
After GŁnther "Rassenkundes des deutschen Volkes" are green eyes a sign of race-mixing between a bright and darker race-type.

Weg
Friday, September 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
Non brown or black eyes is a white trait. This is common knowledge. If you know a Jew or an Arab with colored eyes, its because he has a white gene somewhere in his lineage.

So... Europeans with dark eyes have non-European ancestors? :)

From what I read, the early Europeans were darker pigmented than present Europeans (dark hair, dark eyes, dark complexion) and depigmentation is a recent phenomenon in evolution.

Skildur
Saturday, September 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
After GŁnther "Rassenkundes des deutschen Volkes" are green eyes a sign of race-mixing between a bright and darker race-type.

Yes, acc. to Gunther green eyes may mean that person probably had brown-eyed ancestors, IIRC.

Rafael
Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
I have very green eyes and my mother is of a dark atlantid type with slightly yellowish skin, dark brown/blackish hair and dark brown eyes while my fathers family is nordid and alpine mixed, the nordic side with deep blue eyes and the alpinid austrian side with steel-grey or very light, extremely cold icy-blue eyes.
I have really green eyes but I am also the only one in my family with that colour.
As described above, my family is very mixed. I believe that guy who said lighter and darker mixing leads to green eyes.

Here
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006, 02:02 AM
I have very green eyes and my mother is of a dark atlantid type with slightly yellowish skin, dark brown/blackish hair and dark brown eyes while my fathers family is nordid and alpine mixed, the nordic side with deep blue eyes and the alpinid austrian side with steel-grey or very light, extremely cold icy-blue eyes.
I have really green eyes but I am also the only one in my family with that colour.
As described above, my family is very mixed. I believe that guy who said lighter and darker mixing leads to green eyes.

Probaby I had a green-eyed friend who family in both sides have blue and brown eyes. And she's the only one with green eyes too.

wilhelmmichael
Friday, October 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Yes, acc. to Gunther green eyes may mean that person probably had brown-eyed ancestors, IIRC.

My father descends from a line of people with purely the lightest, brightest, and bluest eyes that you'd ever seen. My mother's father has blue eyes, as did both of his parents. And my mothers mother has light blue/green/grey eyes, and her mother had blue eyes, and her father blue/green-- My eyes and my mother's eyes are a blue/green/grey mixture. My mom's side of the family, and my father's is both 100% "aryan poster family" looking. All tall, light hair and eyes, extremely pale skin naturally, nordic facial features, ect. Although, my mother's and my grandmother's eyes have actually faded into more of a blue/grey as they've aged- Probably because the small coper looking ring that makes eyes look green has faded. Usually, from what I've seen, a person either has blue/green eyes or green/brown eyes-- I've rarely seen a person with 100% solid green eyes before. Amber eyes, yes.