PDA

View Full Version : Classify Rudyard Kipling

Allenson
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 05:46 PM
What do folks say about Kipling's phenotype?

Pomor
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Hi Dalonord, I'd say Borreby.

Vojvoda
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Hi Dalonord, I'd say Borreby.

With that occiput and chin I'd also say Borreby.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Are Borreby foreheads that sloping though?

Vojvoda
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Eh, could be some "bell beaker" trait with the sloping forehead.

cosmo, your sig is huge:lol

Allenson
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Are Borreby foreheads that sloping though?

I'm not sure but I don't think so.

I was almost wondering if he might be some Borreby or even Alpine blended with some Keltic....the Keltic giving the sloping forehead and the brachycephalic UP Borreby of Alpine lending nearly everything else...

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure but I don't think so.

I was almost wondering if he might be some Borreby or even Alpine blended with some Keltic....the Keltic giving the sloping forehead and the brachycephalic UP Borreby of Alpine lending nearly everything else...

Yes, I have seen several Borreby skulls, even of the mesocranial variety of Traena(Norway) and Granhammar(Denmark), they show the same pattern of neanderthalid regression, making them very archaic in appearance like some Australids), with very low and retreating forehead and outstanding browridges.
The rear of the skull is either very rounded, virtually globular, while in other samples the pre-lambdoid flattening is pronounced, while the occipital region is slightly flattened.
Contraryly to Middle Eastern Brachycephalics and some Dinarids the vault doesn't rises entirely up like a dome, but the basion area lies lower to vertex, the highest point of the head.

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Yes, I have seen several Borreby skulls, even of the mesocranial variety of Traena(Norway) and Granhammar(Denmark), they show the same pattern of neanderthalid regression, making them very archaic in appearance like some Australids), with very low and retreating forehead and outstanding browridges.
The rear of the skull is either very rounded, virtually globular, while in other samples the pre-lambdoid flattening is pronounced, while the occipital region is slightly flattened.
Contraryly to Middle Eastern Brachycephalics and some Dinarids the vault doesn't rises entirely up like a dome, but the basion area lies lower to vertex, the highest point of the head.

http://www.perigord.tm.fr/~pip/16312/16312p02.htm

For a drawing of a Borreby skull, just scroll down to chapter IV.