PDA

View Full Version : Blondism in Australian Aborigines

Cnooc
Friday, November 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Can anyone explain the blondism in Australian Aborigines? Is this a genetic thing, or caused by diet?

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, November 5th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Can anyone explain the blondism in Australian Aborigines? Is this a genetic thing, or caused by diet?

Someone once suggested that it was caused by a mineral deficiency which occurs in the diet of Aboriginals in the Central Desert. I have no other information.

Chatte
Monday, December 12th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Desert climate cant be the cause. Other Australoid populations, like those on the Solomon islands have very many blond, dark skinned people (50 % in some tribes). And on the Solomons theres a rainforest climate.
Genetically Australoids are a bit closer to Caucasoids than to African races...that might be a reason.

NatRev
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah I've heard that before but I can't understand how they are related to us.

I'm no expert but I think Abo's are lesser evolved than Europids.

Can anyone explain this further?

canaria
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Genetically Australoids are a bit closer to Caucasoids than to African races...that might be a reason.

According to this haplogroup map they are paternally close to mongoloids.
http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/~mcdonald/WorldHaplogroupsMaps.pdf

I couldn't find any information about it .Would some one explaine how they are related to caucasoids.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 01:10 AM
According to this haplogroup map they are paternally close to mongoloids.
http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/~mcdonald/WorldHaplogroupsMaps.pdf

I couldn't find any information about it .Would some one explaine how they are related to caucasoids.

OK, I see it now (had to look at it for awhile). This similarity is no problem for me because I think both East Asiatics and Aboriginies had a massive Homo erectus ancestry. This chart helps but I need something saying these similarities predate Out of Africa.