PDA

View Full Version : "Mediterraneans are sexual savages"?

The Oracle
Thursday, September 4th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Some ignoramus made that statement in an old thread I was browsing through, and others chimed in claiming without knowledge that Southern Europe had higher rape rates. But here's the cold, hard truth:

Rape (per 100,000 people)

United States 37.20
Sweden 15.70
Denmark 11.23
Germany 8.60
Norway 7.87
United Kingdom 7.26
Finland 7.20
France 6.77
Switzerland 6.15
Luxembourg 5.00
Spain 4.43
Austria 4.40
Belgium 4.00
Greece 2.40
Ireland 1.72
Japan 1.40
Portugal 1.20

Source: http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-toughcrime.htm

Loki
Thursday, September 4th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Some ignoramus made that statement in an old thread I was browsing through, and others chimed in claiming without knowledge that Southern Europe had higher rape rates. But here's the cold, hard truth:

United States 37.20
Sweden 15.70
Denmark 11.23
Germany 8.60
Norway 7.87
United Kingdom 7.26
Finland 7.20
France 6.77
Switzerland 6.15
Luxembourg 5.00
Spain 4.43
Austria 4.40
Belgium 4.00
Greece 2.40
Ireland 1.72
Japan 1.40
Portugal 1.20

Source: http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-toughcrime.htm

These figures could be heavily influenced by what people regard as "rape". This term is not defined in the same way everywhere. It is well known that Scandinavia is on the forefront of feminism and female rights. Thus, what they consider to be a rape case, might not necessarily be a "rape" in southern Europe.

To be honest, I think females in Sweden are much more a target for potential rapists (from the country's 20+% dark ethnic minorities) than the tanned, brown-eyed babes from Portugal. Rapists usually go for the blondes.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Friday, September 5th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Rapists usually go for the blondes

Where did you hear that? Rapists usually go for opportunity (a woman alone at night, an elderly and physically frail woman, etc.) They get pleasure from feeling total power over a woman and seeing her in fear. The woman doesn't even have to be "attractive". Also, if someone is going to be a rapist, they are not going to be able to hold in their deviant impulses because there are no Nordish blondes around lol Not every Portuguese rapist has the funds to move to Sweden, either. ;)

I agree though about there being an unclear line of what is defined as "rape". Basically it is the woman's word that goes as to whether she was raped or not (unless she accuses a specific man and it is taken to court and proven otherwise).

On the other side of that, a lot of rapes, especially date rapes, go unreported in countries where it is widely believed that the woman "had it coming" or that she is a "tramp".

I think these stats seem more related to Third World immigration, if anything. Overall, it's unreliable information.

Tryggvi
Friday, September 5th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Most rapes happen within the family or within the circle of friends. The anonymous rapist that hides somewhere in the night in the bushes waiting for a defenseless victim to pass by is rather the exception.

I would agree that the Catholic countries in the South are rather reluctant to report rape cases that happen within the family (even the wider family) or between friends. Contrary to the Germanic countries, rape within marriage might probably not be prosecutable at all.

The criteria that have to be fulfilled in order to sentence someone for rape might also be stricter, and the general mood within the legal system might still be more conservative, i. e. in support of the "rights of a man", than in the Germanic countries.

But that's mere speculation on my part. Perhaps Italia_Ariana or some other "Southerner" can give us some info.

Kind regards,

- Thorburn

Evolved
Saturday, September 6th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Mediterranids are generally thought to be more hypersocial, loquacious, tactile and yes- lecherous. There is a bit of truth in every stereotype. :)

If you conclude that rape is the result of a man not being able to control his sexual urges, it only applies to "date rape." Actual rapists don't seem to be driven by that motive. And anyway, how do we know the racial/subracial types of people in these statistics? Half of these figures could be from Sicilian-Americans. :jk

United States 37.20
Sweden 15.70
Denmark 11.23
Germany 8.60
Norway 7.87
United Kingdom 7.26
Finland 7.20
France 6.77
Switzerland 6.15
Luxembourg 5.00
Spain 4.43
Austria 4.40
Belgium 4.00
Greece 2.40
Ireland 1.72
Japan 1.40
Portugal 1.20

Italia_Ariana
Saturday, September 6th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Thorburn-

Rapes have gone up and that can be attributed due to two factors. In case one, the actual number of rapes hasn't increased, however, Italians are now beginning to trust the system that has been nothing but corrupt for 2100 years. The second case in an actual numerical increase in rapes due to immigrant criminal activity.

Mediterranids are generally thought to be more hypersocial,

Ah yes, the hypersocial italian society where suicide rates are up, people spend time at home alone eating and getting fat. Couples rarely see each other, and we're being kicked out of our land. Thank you America for bringing us to this point! :worship

loquacious,

Silence is golden....

tactile

Not anymore, sorry. Touching is too traditional.

and yes- lecherous.

Hardly. Who has time for sex anymore? Or making children? You know, money is the most important thing in the world. Once again, thank you, Americanisation! :worship

There is a bit of truth in every stereotype. :)

Yes, then all those American stereotypes we hear about in Europe are true, aren't they? :)

Phlegethon
Saturday, September 6th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Yes, then all those American stereotypes we hear about in Europe are true, aren't they? :)

Actually the truth is even worse than our so-called stereotypes. I invite every Atlantician in Germany to travel to the U.S. and try to live there for a while. They'd be bigger anti-Americans than me afterwards.