PDA

View Full Version : Racism seems perfectly ok in English papers

Wayfarer
Sunday, October 23rd, 2005, 08:46 PM
So long as its Anti Scottish. :D

The Times

Hadrian knew the truth
by Ross Clark

“HAVE A WEE DRAM afore ye go,” runs the traditional old Scottish greeting — or, in the English translation: “I’m going to stuff this broken beer glass in your face.” According to the World Health Organisation, Scotland has the second-highest murder rate in Western Europe, with 2.33 victims last year per every 100,000 people. Another United Nations study goes even further, revealing that Scotland is now the most violent country in the developed world, with Scots three times more likely than Americans to suffer a violent assault.

We can be thankful to Scottish devolution for exposing the murderous habits of the Scots. In the past, homicides north of the border would simply have been lumped together with those in the South to produce a single British murder statistic, thereby allowing the violent Scots to defile us peace-loving English and Welsh. At a mere 0.7 murders per 100,000 inhabitants, England and Wales narrowly have the second-lowest murder rate in Western Europe after Germany. In fact, if you stripped out attacks committed by drunken McSporrans and McTavishes just arrived on the train at Euston, I wouldn’t be surprised if England came out as the most murder-free country in the world.

Yet in spite of evidence, we still tend to view England as the place with the crime problem. I was speaking to an estate agent in Edinburgh the other week who told me of the droves of English families who were looking to move to Scotland “to escape crime-infested London”. How can they be so stupid? It is hardly as if there is anything new about the Scots propensity for murder: when they sit down to read the particulars of some 19th-century fairytale castle in Renfrewshire, maybe these English house-hunters should stop to wonder: why were the Scots still fortifying their homes so late? It was because they all feared going the same way as the MacDonalds, 30 of whom were bumped off by their house guests, the Campbells, at Glencoe in 1692.

When even a former Scottish Labour Minister, Lord Watson of Invergowrie, ends up being jailed for setting light to the hotel where he had been drinking, there seems little hope in reforming the Scots. This week Charles Clarke will be blathering on about tackling violent crime by using more electronic tagging and other illiberal measures. There is an alternative: just rebuild Hadrian’s Wall.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3284-1800928,00.html

Fenris
Sunday, October 23rd, 2005, 10:14 PM
That's rather a pithy and downright denigratory article. I'd expect that from the Sun, Mirror or the Daily Sport, not the Times.

...In fact, if you stripped out attacks committed by drunken McSporrans and McTavishes just arrived on the train at Euston,...

Not really the most objective and slur-free statement, especially in a paper that's supposedly NOT a tabloid rag. It's inferring that all Scots are drunkards, further the McSporran thing would be like saying O'Spudfamine about an Irishman. It's turning an element of their culture and/or history into a name intended as an amusing, acceptable slur.

It for some reason seems acceptable to knock the Scots and poke fun at them. They've been Englands whipping boy for years. Then again, what better way for the jew-controlled media to keep us at one anothers throats rather than forming a unified front than by fostering dissent between nations.

Rhydderch
Monday, October 24th, 2005, 06:02 AM
The English papers are always having a dig at Australia too. I'd say its not entirely void of a humourous aspect :D

Judging by the name of the author, he could well be of Scottish origin himself.

Wayfarer
Sunday, October 30th, 2005, 06:35 AM
The Scotsman
Thu 29 Sep 2005

Fury at 'murderous Scots' article

FRASER NELSON

POLITICAL and church leaders yesterday condemned an article in a London-based newspaper denouncing Scotland as a country with "a propensity for murder" which should be contained by rebuilding Hadrian's Wall.

The Conservatives, SNP and Catholic Church all expressed shock at a piece in the Times claiming that England can "be thankful to Scottish devolution for exposing the murderous habits of the Scots."

The article was based on a recent report showing Scotland's murder rate second only to Finland in the European Union - a fact ministers put down to drink and drug problems.

But the Times piece said this reflected on the Scottish people as a whole - declaring there was "nothing new about the Scots propensity for murder" and even suggesting that many murders in England were carried out by Scots.

"If you stripped out attacks committed by drunken McSporrans and McTavishes just arrived on the train at Euston, I wouldn't be surprised if England came out as the most murder-free country in the world," the article by freelance journalist Ross Clark said.

The Scottish National Party said it was "an ignorant piece of journalism". The Tories called it "tasteless and gratuitous."

Mario Conti, Archbishop of Glasgow, said violence in the city was the product of "social deprivation over generations".

He added: "Serious consideration of the problem of violence in Scottish society is not aided by provocative rhetoric."

A spokesman for the Times said the opinion was that of a columnist, not of the paper.

This article:

http://www.scotsman.com/?id=2009792005

Boerncian
Thursday, November 10th, 2005, 11:14 PM
What a slanderous piece of scribble, naturally were violent, being surrounded by pompous Englishman. How they love to disparage us and the Irish, except of course when they're in a war . Then it's a different tune as they sure as hell would not have beaten anyone, without all those Scottish and Irish troops.
There was recently a book published in the states about the violence involved in the ghetto. The author blamed the violence on the influence of the Ulster Scots who lived with them for 200 years. Well Ya canna Grudge yer heirskip. So I think I'll fly to London find the :stick scriver and beat the living hell out of him. My defense will be I can't help myself it's genetic

Wayfarer
Saturday, November 19th, 2005, 11:28 PM
What a slanderous piece of scribble, naturally were violent, being surrounded by pompous Englishman. How they love to disparage us and the Irish, except of course when they're in a war . Then it's a different tune as they sure as hell would not have beaten anyone, without all those Scottish and Irish troops.
There was recently a book published in the states about the violence involved in the ghetto. The author blamed the violence on the influence of the Ulster Scots who lived with them for 200 years. Well Ya canna Grudge yer heirskip. So I think I'll fly to London find the :stick scriver and beat the living hell out of him. My defense will be I can't help myself it's genetic

:D

God help England if she had no Scots to think for her.
George Bernard Shaw

Sigurd
Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Scotland doesn't have a crime problem; instead, it has the world's best Criminal Justice system. ;)

germanic
Thursday, September 21st, 2006, 06:48 PM
When I was in the army we had an officer that was always punishing and taking the piss out of the Scots and English, he treated the Fijians with more respect than I would the queen.

It was ok to make sarcy remarks about us white lads but saying anything about the blacks was a big no no.

And guess what, yeh you guessed it the officers surname was Cohen, im putting two and to together here and im detecting a hint of JEW. ( ALTHOUGH NOT CONFIRMED )