PDA

View Full Version : The Keltic Nordic Variety

distinct_rebel
Wednesday, October 19th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I have noticed a continuing misunderstanding regarding the classification of the Keltic Nordic variety. Throughout the SNPA Race Gallery in particular, there is a persistent lack of consistency in the examples provided.

distinct_rebel
Wednesday, October 19th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I would have to argue that Diana Rigg is Upper Palaeothic, whilst Vivian Leigh appears Nord-Atlantid to my eyes. On closer inspection with the Nord-Atlantid gallery, it can be asserted that individuals in that particular gallery look as close or closer to Keltic than the examples in the Keltic Nordic gallery, even if they are still fundamentally Nord-Atlantid.

Glenlivet
Wednesday, October 19th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Women are difficult to classify. It is particularly difficult to place a woman in a sharp-featured category like the Keltic Nordic.

It is not only those three, I also diagree with Michelle Pfeiffer and Olivia Newton-John as Keltic Nordics.

We do not know how the Nord-Atlantid of Lundman may look. I have only seen short descriptions, not illustrations of living textbook representatives, even though I have read plenty of books written by the author. Shannen Doherty, Robbie Williams, Katie Holmes and Sherilyn Fenn, are not how I imagine a type which is intermediate or transitionary between Göta and Insular (Lundman).

Coon had at least plates of most (if not all) the human types he described.

distinct_rebel
Thursday, October 20th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Women are difficult to classify. It is particularly difficult to place a woman in a sharp-featured category like the Keltic Nordic.

It is not only those three, I also diagree with Michelle Pfeiffer and Olivia Newton-John as Keltic Nordics.

We do not know how the Nord-Atlantid of Lundman may look. I have only seen short descriptions, not illustrations of living textbook representatives, even though I have read plenty of books written by the author. Shannen Doherty, Robbie Williams, Katie Holmes and Sherilyn Fenn, are not how I imagine a type which is intermediate or transitionary between Göta and Insular (Lundman).

Coon had at least plates of most (if not all) the human types he described.

I tend to agree with the Michelle Pfeiffer and Olivia Newton-John remark. Having seen a great number of Dutch and English people in my life, I am of the opinion that a large number of Keltic Nordics are in fact more Nord-Atlantid than anything else. I sincerely doubt the 60% figure in the Netherlands (and I'm only talking about ethnic Dutch, not immigrants).

Agrippa
Thursday, October 20th, 2005, 12:39 PM
The examples are obviously misnomers so to say. Even if you could lump them together (dont think so), they are everything else but for sure not typical, and examples should be at least more or less typical.

Rhydderch
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 12:12 PM
I sincerely doubt the 60% figure in the Netherlands (and I'm only talking about ethnic Dutch, not immigrants).I agree. Coon also doesn't seem to mention the type as being particularly common in the Netherlands. I think I remember him saying that it is more common in the British Isles than anywhere else.

Helleruin
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
Can someone post a picture of what a Keltic/Nordid SHOULD look like?

visigodo
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 01:36 PM

Here you have some exemples from Coon. Perhaps extreme exemples some of them?

Helleruin
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 01:41 PM
Thank you very much :D

distinct_rebel
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 01:45 PM

Here you have some exemples from Coon. Perhaps extreme exemples some of them?

The first man is very close to Noric in my mind.

Glenlivet
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
http://x10.putfile.com/10/28814095944-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28814095944.jpg&s=x10)

Better quality of plate 29.

Hardwig
Saturday, October 22nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Keltic Nordic classifications are really "obscure".In coon's pictures posted by Visigodo the second man from left to right looks like Adolf Hitler.So Hitler was Keltic Nordic?I really doubt it.

Glenlivet
Saturday, October 22nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
The type is found outside the British Isles.

"(a) Keltic Iron Age Type: The Keltic sub-type, mesocephalic and low-vaulted, with a prominent nose. Commonest in the British Isles where in places it forms the principal element in the population. Also a major element in Flanders and the Frankish country in southwestern Germany." (CS Coon, The Races of Europe, 1939)

Adolt Hitler had similar components.

Classify Adolf Hitler thread:

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=13753&highlight=Adolf+Hitler

Keltic Nordic classifications are really "obscure".In coon's pictures posted by Visigodo the second man from left to right looks like Adolf Hitler.So Hitler was Keltic Nordic?I really doubt it.