PDA

View Full Version : Cro-Magnon and Combe Capelle

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 12:01 AM
http://www.montferrandduperigord.fr/Aprehis2.htm

Agrippa
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I read long time ago and had the personal impression that Combe Capelle shows some similarities to both, Australoids and Europeans.

Do you know something about such investigations?

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 10:04 PM
I read long time ago and had the personal impression that Combe Capelle shows some similarities to both, Australoids and Europeans.

Do you know something about such investigations?

Well, Combe Capelle has with the Australoids in common a U-shaped palate and a ill-fitted cranium, keel-like in some occasions.
It's high-vaulted as the early Australoids(Keilor specimen).
Effaced chin and browridges is another particularity in common with the Australoids and Melanesians, including platyrhinity, but the mouth section is slightly prognathious, so not just limited to the alveolar border.
Relating to Coon, I surmise a certain congeniality with the Skhul 5 specimen of Palestine; given that frizzled hair is common to the Melanesians, its not implausible that both Skhul 5 and Combe Capelle had a similar hair type that in the Negrid race would turn into woolly hair, but in the Mediterrenean race re-invented in some weird parallelism of closely cropped hair that to quickly leads to the assumption of Negroid admixture, while furthermore the alveolar prognathy again has little to do with Negroid features but should in the Med. racial family best be explained as a relict where the forces and emchanism that in our forebearers reduced our snout-like face to gradually attained orthognathy was halted midway.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, April 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
My profile picture shows none of these traits (sorry cannot scan it into discussion). This frontal picture is new to me and looks more like the East African Mesolithic skulls. They are sometimes said to be Caucasian. To me the low, square eye sockets (as in Cro-Magnon), smooth forehead and straight profile look White to me.

Edwin
Saturday, October 15th, 2005, 06:42 PM

Edwin
Saturday, October 15th, 2005, 06:46 PM