PDA

View Full Version : Are You Germanic?

Loki
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Skadi forum is a forum dedicated to Germanic cultural, racial and spiritual preservation. Of course, there are non-Germanic members and visitors on the site also, who are interested in the concept, and partake in the discussions.

Many members were already on the site, before it changed its orientation to be Germanic only.

For interest, I would like to determine what percentage of active users are Germanic ethnically. Please vote in this poll. Thanks :)

Aragorn
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I can say with certainly that Iam from pure Germanic origin. My surname dates back to the 13th century, and among my ancestors there are mainly Eastern Dutch Lower-Saxonian) blood, with an exception of one German (non-Saxonian), and one French (northern French; Frankish) bloodline. There is no mediterean, Slavic, Jewish or any other non-Germanic blood in my veins.

Loki
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I can say with certainly that Iam from pure Germanic origin. My surname dates back to the 13th century, and among my ancestors there are mainly Eastern Dutch Lower-Saxonian) blood, with an exception of one German (non-Saxonian), and one French (northern French; Frankish) bloodline. There is no mediterean, Slavic, Jewish or any other non-Germanic blood in my veins.

Very good! :thumbup This is great. I hope you procreate with a pure Germanic woman.

Allenson
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Largely yes. I can not deny my Irish piece of the whole pie however. ;)

Blutwölfin
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Yes, completely German and Swedish. :)

Aptrgangr
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Largely yes. I can not deny my Irish piece of the whole pie however. ;)

...same here ;)

Thusnelda
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I´m Germanic, since im around 19/20 German and 1/20 Swedish... as far is my family tree goes back.*g* ;)

Aragorn
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Very good! :thumbup This is great. I hope you procreate with a pure Germanic woman.

Dont worry:D
Iam married with the same blood, and my wife has given me two lovely blond and blue eyed children.

AndreasBolle
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I was born Andreas Bolle in Hubertus Hospital, Berlin Nikolassee (1/12/1959). My mother was Dagmar Angela Bolle who resided at Falkenseer Chaussee 276-C, Berlin Spandau. Bolle is my mother's name. Though I don't know my father, I do know that he, also, is German

~Andreas

Waarnemer
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Dutch, Flemish, German and English, yes i am germanic.

Frans_Jozef
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Flemish father, Italian mother. Since patrimonial law applies, it makes me ethnically Germanic, although some would likely contest my claim...

Waarnemer
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Flemish father, Italian mother, and since patrimonial law applies, it still makes me ethnically Germanic, although some would likely contest my claim...
In my book you are germanic (not that it probably means too much ;) ). Raised as flemish in a germanic culture with flemish-germanic values, your father is germanic and your mother is from a similar and closely related ethnic group. Your germanic.

Blood_Axis
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 11:30 PM
3/4 Greek and 1/4 Anglosaxon. So mostly Greek and partly Germanic, I guess. ;)

Requiem
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Mostly yes. From what I have gathered, I am 6/8 English, from mostly Yorkshire area, as well as 1/8 Scandinavian from Norway and Sweden, as well as 1/16 Northern Irish and 1/16 from the Isle of Mann.

æþeling
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Mostly English but with strong Celtic strains from Ireland, Scottish highlands, and Wales. I identify with England though, being English Nationalist, so I would probably be classed as Germanic.

Cole Nidray
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Sadly I am not fully Germanic; I have a Celtic grandmother.

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, I would think I am Germanic. I can trace my bloodline to the first settlers of Iceland and even back to Norway. Im proud of it. I am a decendant of men like Eigill Skallagrímsson, Snorri Sturluson (who wrote the Eddas) and Leifur "Heppni" Eiríksson (who discovered America/Vínland). Every member of my family has light coloured eyes and most are blond at early age (then their hair grows darker with age).

Jack
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 01:27 AM
I'm part English but mostly of Irish blood, I do however identify with Great Britain, largely because I'm born and raised in Australia (as are all of my ancestors up to five generations back) and I'm part of the largest government recognised ethnicity, the original Anglo-Celtic colonists, and so rightful heirs of the Great British Empire at the eastern end of the southern hemisphere. Asides from my propensity to drink and not back down in a fight I don't think I've inherited much from my Irish side.

Siegmund
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Predominantly Germanic: Bavarian, through my father; and Yorkish, through my mother. My character and personality tend to reflect my German side much more than my Anglo-Saxon in practically every respect - especially in my philosophical, aesthetic and dare I say spiritual bent.

SiegUmJedenPreis
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm from a german/Irish blooded father and a Sicilian/Italian mother. Culturally wise I'm germanic.

Drömmarnas Stig
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I can only trace my German heritage about 250 years back.
My family name is very, very Germanic, essential part of nordic mythology ;)

GreenHeart
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I have a few ancestors from celtic countries, but they were mainly from the Danish viking invaders, so I consider myself to be fully Germanic.

SouthernBoy
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I am fully-Germanic, AFAIK.

Skåne
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I'm from sweden..., what I am is pretty obvius ;)

Slå ring om Norge
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Not so obvious, unless you are an ethnic Swede ;) . There is much mixed ethnic blood in Skåneboerne, inte sant? Skåne is, afaik, practically, genetically, most related to Danmark (ok, ok, also a Germanic country, but with a lot of admixtures). I`ve been involved in research about sprue and we found that Skåne and Danmark have the same incidence of this disease, as opposed to the rest of Sweden. On the other side, Bornholmerne er mostly of swedish blood, and Bornholm is part of Danmark.

I am just a simple minded Norwegian. My ancestors come from various parts of the country but our family is blue eyed.

Slå ring om Norge
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Skåne, is it really that obvious? :)
After all, Skåneboerne are more like Danes and Danes are not so pure Germanic, compared with other parts of Scandinavia.

OK, I am not that serious. There have been some recent admixtures to the Danish nation, probably most of them after Skåne went Swedish.

A propos: I have heard that the people of Skåne do not feel themselves so Swedish as , f. eks. Stokholmers. There should have een campaigns of compulsory swedization. Do you feel more Swedish or more Danish?

As for myself - I would describe myself as a Nordic type. I am not very fond of the term "Germanic" for it implies to me that Germany is Mother of all of us and all non-Germans are somehow less Germanic than the Germans proper. That`s my own point of view. I like the terms "Nordic" or "North (west) European" more.

Hagalaz
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Sadly? Oh right, I forgot, this makes you untermensch now or something.
I don't think you should bring such a great deal of disrespect to your Grandmother.

Cole Nidray
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Sadly? Oh right, I forgot, this makes you untermensch now or something. Sadly I'm not fully Germanic. Not sad that I have the Celtic blood. ;)

I don't think you should bring such a great deal of disrespect to your Grandmother. Since I never knew her or experienced any Irish traditions it feels more like 25% non-Germanic than 25% Irish.

Not disrespecting her or any Celts for that matter. :)

Glory
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Celto Germanic

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Sadly? Why, exactly do you feel such remorse for your grandmothers ancestry?

Edit: Nevermind. I replied before finishing the thread.

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Dont worry:D
Iam married with the same blood, and my wife has given me two lovely blond and blue eyed children.
And if they were brown haired and green eyed, what then? Pigmentation fetishism really has no place in genuine, authentic, Germanic pride. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you have produced such children, but hair and eye color is really arbitrary and not an indicator of a persons merit.

Edwin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Flemish father, Italian mother. Since patrimonial law applies, it makes me ethnically Germanic, although some would likely contest my claim...

North or Central or South? And has the Flemish or Italian contributed more to your phenotype? Northern Alpinids can be found in both Northern Italy and in Flanders, as of course you know, and belong to both the Germanic and Italic worlds. Your type was formerly among the historical Celts, and was possibly the central type of the early Celts. I tend to think that it was, and was later modified by the Dinarid in some areas, or simply dinaricized. We tend to forget how much later it was that the West "Nordids" became a substantial cultural factor, and came to be identified as either Celtic or Germanic, depending on whom they found themselves working for.

SouthernBoy
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 05:28 AM
And if they were brown haired and green eyed, what then? Pigmentation fetishism really has no place in genuine, authentic, Germanic pride. ...but hair and eye color is really arbitrary and not an indicator of a persons merit.

Blonde hair and blue eyes, in reality, mean nothing to me. I have brown hair and green eyes.
I thought that you might enjoy this; "situation dictates position". ;)

Skåne
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Astorp:

Då jag är full så orkar jag inte skriva på engelska.

Skåne är genetiskt mer likt danmarkt än övriga sverige, och danmark är mer blandat, samt inte helt och hållet "germanskt", menar du?

När det kommer till fenotyper så ser jag utan tvekan större likheter mellan skåne och övriga sverige, än vad jag gör mellan skåne och danmark. danmark har fler cromagnoider, även om skåne givetvis också har många cromagnoider... men som sagt, den genomsnittlige skåningen har utseendemässigt mer gemensamt med den genomsnittlige stockholmaren än vad han har med den genomsnittlige dansken, enligt min åsikt. Och vad menar du med att danskarna inte är "pure germanic"? Om inte danskarna är "pure germanic" så är ingen nation i världen "pure germanic"... eller du kanske inbillar dig att endast sk. hallstatt nordics är de enda riktiga germanerna? Förresten, norge lär ju också ha en stark cromagnoid komponent i befolkningen - danmark har Borreby- och fäliska typen, norge har Brünn, trönder samt till och med alpinid-typerna...

Och jag känner mig definitivt mer svensk än vad jag känner mig dansk, men å andra sidan känner jag mig mer skånsk än vad jag känner mig svensk...

QuietWind
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Astorp:

Då jag är full så orkar jag inte skriva på engelska.

Skåne är genetiskt mer likt danmarkt än övriga sverige, och danmark är mer blandat, samt inte helt och hållet "germanskt", menar du?

När det kommer till fenotyper så ser jag utan tvekan större likheter mellan skåne och övriga sverige, än vad jag gör mellan skåne och danmark. danmark har fler cromagnoider, även om skåne givetvis också har många cromagnoider... men som sagt, den genomsnittlige skåningen har utseendemässigt mer gemensamt med den genomsnittlige stockholmaren än vad han har med den genomsnittlige dansken, enligt min åsikt. Och vad menar du med att danskarna inte är "pure germanic"? Om inte danskarna är "pure germanic" så är ingen nation i världen "pure germanic"... eller du kanske inbillar dig att endast sk. hallstatt nordics är de enda riktiga germanerna? Förresten, norge lär ju också ha en stark cromagnoid komponent i befolkningen - danmark har Borreby-typen, norge har Brünn, trönder samt till och med alpinid-typerna...

Skane, please make a note of rule number 11.
11. The general board language is English. Communications in languages other than English are only permitted in the appropriate language sections.

And can you please provide a translation for us? :) Thanks.

Skåne
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 07:10 AM
I'm too drunk. I'm sorry... I'll try to translate later.

zombienursestef
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Paternal surnames : HERCHE(HARKEY) dating back to~1594~Hesse~Prussia.
HORLASS(HARLESS)~1716~ another family line comes from Offenbach~Bayern. (~Hesse~)
LINGEL name from Upper Hanover~1731
PFAUL~1695~Nassau~Prussia

I like to think i have some DEUTSCH beginnings!

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 07:52 AM
I thought that you might enjoy this; "situation dictates position". ;)
I've made no secret of my position on this matter. The quote only illustrates my point further. Pigmentation fetishists are wacky. :)

Zyklop
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I've made no secret of my position on this matter. The quote only illustrates my point further. Pigmentation fetishists are wacky. :)Don´t you have a fetish for redheads?

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Don´t you have a fetish for redheads?
I have a special liking for red headed women, yeah.
A fetish? No. I like almost all colors of hair. What's that prove? I'm certainly not obsessed with the idea that there is one perfect hair/eye/skin tone combination.

Hagalaz
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 09:26 AM
I'm a small amount of English and possibly German. My Grandmother's maiden name was German but I couldn't confirm anything with my family. The last name from my Scottish side of the family has origins from Viking settlers on the Scottish isles, but again I have no confirmation from my family. It sure is an important question I hope to find some answers to in the future after further research and interest. :thumbup

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 12:06 PM
And if they were brown haired and green eyed, what then? Pigmentation fetishism really has no place in genuine, authentic, Germanic pride. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you have produced such children, but hair and eye color is really arbitrary and not an indicator of a persons merit.

I disagree. I believe that blond/blue is the ideal of the original Germanic phenotype; it is good to preserve this, and not denigrate its importance. As for myself, my eyes are hazel/green mixture, yet I realise the importance and "holiness" (if you may) of blue eyes and blond hair.

The term "pigmentation fetishism" is not an accurate description of the valuing of original Nordish pigmentation. It is an offensive term, and does not tell the whole story.

Blood_Axis
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Don´t you have a fetish for redheads?
Who doesn't?

Natural redheads are Nature's finest! :goldcup

(expecting rep point from BW for this :D)

Huzar
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM

Hmm, patrimonial law..............it means that the son of a germanic father and a non-germanic mother is germanic, while in the opposite case (a germanic mother and a non-germanic father) the son isn't germanic ?? Strange. I find the thing a vaguely questionable

The question is open to all the others here. Culture and auto-collocation are the most important thing, imo, anyway.

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Culture without race and blood is artificial.

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Surely, culture and auto-collocation when one has the grounds to. For example, a Celto-Germanic person may identify more with one side than another. Or, he could identify with both, depends on the case.

P.S: I don't refer to racially mixed cases.

Certain cultures are very close, for example Celtic and Germanic. Germany, England and Northeastern France (and Iceland!) are thoroughly a mix of Celto-Germanic heritage. But some other cultures are further removed...

Sadly, you are telling a proud pure Nordic Germanic person that he ought not to feel pride over his offspring's racial purity. That's exactly what is wrong with this world!!! :~(

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Sadly, you are telling a proud pure Nordic Germanic person that he ought not to feel pride over his offspring's racial purity. That's exactly what is wrong with this world!!! :~(

WTF?
If that's what you got out of my statement than the problem is that you choose to ignore the meaning of what I said and prefer instead to spin it into something that it most obviously isn't. Are you looking for confrontation? If not, then what is the point of completely misconstruing my statement? To put words in my mouth that were never said?

I am disgusted at this bold and completely preposterous accusation.

Blutwölfin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Could you please calm down everyone? Thank you, there's no need to fight.

Yes, blue eyes and blond hair is of course an attribute for germanic people and should be adored. But as we recently learnt by someone's post at tNP: Blond hair and blue eyes are not everything and don't make people more "nordish".

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Unfounded accusations and putting words in my mouth enrages me. I won't apologize for that.

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 04:45 PM
WTF?
If that's what you got out of my statement than the problem is that you choose to ignore the meaning of what I said and prefer instead to spin it into something that it most obviously isn't. Are you looking for confrontation? If not, then what is the point of completely misconstruing my statement? To put words in my mouth that were never said?
I am disgusted at this bold and completely preposterous accusation.

I am not looking for confrontation. If I misinterpreted your post, then I apologise.

However the realities that I explained remain true, and I will continue to support Nordic pride, and the expression thereof. What our Dutch comrade has said was excellent - I applaud him for his racial pride.

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 04:49 PM

I am very calm, thank you. I am not fighting with any person - what I fight for is the principle of Nordic pride, and the tolerance of it on a board such as this. This, I will continue to do since I cannot betray that which I believe in so strongly.

Yes, blue eyes and blond hair is of course an attribute for germanic people and should be adored. But as we recently learnt by someone's post at tNP: Blond hair and blue eyes are not everything and don't make people more "nordish".

It is not everything, but it certainly is something of importance. Many people make it out as utterly irrelevant, which is a dangerous and offensive position.

Ewergrin
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I am not looking for confrontation. If I misinterpreted your post, then I apologise.
I sincerely hope that it was but a misunderstanding. My track record speaks for itself and you should know fully well that I am fully support "Nords."

and I will continue to support Nordic pride, and the expression thereof.
As do I.

I applaud him for his racial pride.
As do I. Then again, my statement had nothing to do with knocking anyone pride, or even their hair/eye color combination. My point was merely that hair and eye color are not indicitive of racial purity, and that Germanic people that have other combinations should be taken just as seriously.

In conclusion, I fully applaud the gentlemen that had the beautiful kids. As a father myself, I know how he feels.

The thing I find hilarious is that I myself have a son who is blonde haired and blue eyed. How on earth could I possibly tell another man not to be proud of his own?

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I sincerely hope that it was but a misunderstanding.

I think this is what it was, indeed.

My track record speaks for itself and you should know fully well that I am fully support "Nords."

True.

My point was merely that hair and eye color are not indicitive of racial purity, and that Germanic people that have other combinations should be taken just as seriously.

My position differs slightly from yours, but we don't always have to agree on everything - of course.

SouthernBoy
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 05:21 PM
The quote only illustrates my point further. Thus, mine; you have a personal investment in the subject. ;)

My point was merely that hair and eye color are not indicitive of racial purity, and that Germanic people that have other combinations should be taken just as seriously. As a general Europid condition, those whom are depigmented are nth times more likely to be of fully-European heritage than those who are not.

I do, however, agree with your second point. :)

Waarnemer
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 06:01 PM
As a general Europid condition, those whom are depigmented are nth times more likely to be of fully-European heritage than those who are not
No the aren't.

Weg
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Europid [...] whom are depigmented are nth times more likely to be of fully-European heritage than those who are not.

http://www.eurowybory.pl/p/cohn-bendit.jpg Hail Dany the red, the authentic European. As for his brother Gaby, he's redhead. :thumbup

Slå ring om Norge
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 06:54 PM
A little comment on the above exchange, if I may:

For me it is self evident that depigmentation is a good measure of purity of nordish element in any subject.
However, blue eyes and light blond hair is no passport to greatness!!! Please, visit some Scandinavian capital and look at the very pure specimens with no “other” admixture whatsoever- and yet – miserable both intellectually and morally.

The best example of how important culture and tradition is for achievement and authentic Germanic virtue is Germany herself. Nobody, I hope, will contend that in Germany (as in Denmark, what I tried to explain to Skåne) one can find many admixtures; also Slavic ones.
Still, only Germany was in XX century able to stand up and defend Europe against “the others”.

As Skåne is apparently still asleep, I`ll allow myself to convey the essence of his Swedish text:
“Skåne (Skania) is genetically more Danish than Swedish, and Denmark is more mixed, og not entirely Germanic, you mean?
Fenotypically, Skåne is, no doubt, more like the rest of Sweden than like Denmark. Denmark has more cromagnoids, selv om Skåne has also some cromagnoids. … But, as mentioned, Skåning (average) looks more like one from Stockholm than a n average Dane, I believe.
And what do you mean that Danes are less “pure Germanic”? If Danes are not “pure Germanic” than no nation in the world is pure Germanic…..or maybe you imagine that only pure Nordics are the only true Germanics? ( Then follpws something about that there are also some “impurities in Norway, cromagnoinds, “falic(?) type, alpinids..).
“And I feel definitely more Swedish than Danish, but from the other side, I feel more Skånsk than Swedish”

Part of my answer is in the above text. And I agree absolutely than neither Norway nor Sweden consist of sheer blue eyed blond types. It would be rather boring, by the way.
Denmark has just more admixtures from other ethnicities (just walk an hour in Copenhagen and Stockholm) – which: I won`t even try to elucidate, as I am rather weak in the field of science of race.

zell
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 01:54 PM
well, my mums side of the famley is scot-Irish,(and bloody hell, you should see her eyes!i'll put piccys up some time.) and my dads side has been in england for a couple of 100 years, but come from one of the Scandinavian areas, most propley finland, as me and my dad have finnish looks.and i have a deep finnish accent.(?)dont know why as i have never been there.

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_11.jpghttp://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_in_childhood/big/varg_vikernes_in_childhood01.jpg

Blutwölfin
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Who doesn't?
Natural redheads are Nature's finest! :goldcup
(expecting rep point from BW for this :D)

Ha ha, here you go, my friend! :thumbup

Blood_Axis
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Ha ha, here you go, my friend! :thumbup
:tie Thanx! :D

QuietWind
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 05:38 PM
well, my mums side of the famley is scot-Irish,(and bloody hell, you should see her eyes!i'll put piccys up some time.) and my dads side has been in england for a couple of 100 years, but come from one of the Scandinavian areas, most propley finland, as me and my dad have finnish looks.and i have a deep finnish accent.(?)dont know why as i have never been there.

http://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_1987-1999/big/varg_vikernes_1987-1999_11.jpghttp://www.burzum.org/img/varg_vikernes_in_childhood/big/varg_vikernes_in_childhood01.jpg

Why save the above pic as "me" and play it off as though it is you? Do you think people are idiots? http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2003/10/26/381881.html
Last I checked, Varg was still in prison.http://www.burzum.com/

Blutwölfin
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 05:49 PM
This is not Zell?

:D

Varg rules.

Loki
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Why save the above pic as "me" and play it off as though it is you? Do you think people are idiots? http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2003/10/26/381881.html
Last I checked, Varg was still in prison.http://www.burzum.com/

LOL, you got him pwn3d, Jennifer. :D

Tricknologist
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 02:49 AM
I'm of overwhelmingly Latin, Gallic and Gaelic ancestry. What little Germanic ancestry I have is courtesy of the Franks, Normans and Anglo-Saxons. I identify with Germanic culture to the extent that I speak a Germanic language and live in a country that was originally founded on Anglo-Saxon tradition, although my part of the country has always been predominately French.

Cole Nidray
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 02:54 AM
although my part of the country has always been predominately French.
Are there really many French down there?

They sure as hell aren't in the "French Quarter".

Æmeric
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 03:14 AM
My ancestry is mostly English with varying amounts of Welsh, Scottish ,Dutch & Huguenot. It's hard trying to figure out the exact percentages because 87.5% of my ancesors were living in America in 1776 & my ancestry is a fairly well blended mix of Northwestern European. Based on family surnames I'd say the English portion is at least 75%. I'm also about 1/6 German from my mother side. The German portion is from Westfalen, Hunsruck & Switzerland.

Weg
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Why? What happened to the NO "French quarter"? Flooded by Negroids?

Cole Nidray
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Why? What happened to the NO "French quarter"? Flooded by Negroids? I like the pun, :rotfl

The French Quarter is less than 25% Negroid and 1% Asian; it's Jewish and European.

You can navigate this map (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ThematicMapFramesetServlet?_bm=y&-_MapEvent=zoom&-errMsg=&-_dBy=140&-redoLog=false&-_zoomLevel=3&-tm_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_M00083&-tm_config=%7Cb=50%7Cl=en%7Ct=4001%7Czf=0 .0%7Cms=thm_def%7Cdw=0.01859294335541656 %7Cdh=0.011962284051611101%7Cdt=gov.cens us.aff.domain.map.EnglishMapExtent%7Cif= gif%7Ccx=-90.06101229482572%7Ccy=29.96294277443334 %7Czl=2%7Cpz=2%7Cbo=%7Cbl=%7Cft=350:349: 335:389:388:332:331%7Cfl=381:403:204:380 :369:379:368%7Cg=16000US2255000%7Cds=DEC _2000_SF1_U%7Csb=50%7Ctud=false%7Cdb=140 %7Cmn=0.2%7Cmx=100%7Ccc=1%7Ccm=1%7Ccn=5% 7Ccb=%7Cum=Percent%7Cpr=1%7Cth=DEC_2000_ SF1_U_M00083&-PANEL_ID=tm_result&-_pageY=&-_lang=en&-geo_id=16000US2255000&-_pageX=&-_mapY=&-_mapX=&-_latitude=&-_pan=&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&-_longitude=&-_changeMap=Identify) from our census to see all the Negroids in New Orleans.

Note that dark green areas are 90.7%+ Negroid. :-O

There just isn't a strong "French" community....more "cajun" or "creole" ie mulattos and crawfish.

It's mostly Europeans (as you can see from this map) (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ThematicMapFramesetServlet?_bm=y&-PANEL_ID=tm_result&-_MapEvent=displayBy&-tm_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_M00265&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&-tm_config=%7Cb=50%7Cl=en%7Ct=4001%7Czf=0 .0%7Cms=thm_def%7Cdw=0.0464823583885414% 7Cdh=0.0303454999838664%7Cdt=gov.census. aff.domain.map.EnglishMapExtent%7Cif=gif %7Ccx=-90.06101229482572%7Ccy=29.96294277443334 %7Czl=3%7Cpz=3%7Cbo=%7Cbl=%7Cft=350:349: 335:389:388:332:331%7Cfl=381:403:204:380 :369:379:368%7Cg=16000US2255000%7Cds=DEC _2000_SF1_U%7Csb=50%7Ctud=false%7Cdb=140 %7Cmn=0.2%7Cmx=100%7Ccc=1%7Ccm=1%7Ccn=5% 7Ccb=%7Cum=Percent%7Cpr=1%7Cth=DEC_2000_ SF1_U_M00083&-redoLog=false&-errMsg=&-geo_id=16000US2255000&-_dBy=140&-_sse=on&-_lang=en)and White tourists but it's just a small part of a massive nigrified city.

Slå ring om Norge
Saturday, October 15th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Not exactly to the point in this thread:
I remember participating in a large, international congress in N.O. in late 90s. The hotel was in the heart of the French Q. In the evenings the streets were getting increasingly black-faced and the guests (we) have got a hint to stay away from smaller streets and strolling further away. We were bused to and, particularly form, the Congress Center in buses, directly to our hotels.

Still, I must say: It was a wonderful time.:~(

Wolfssangel
Saturday, October 15th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I am fully Germanic. My family was from Germany for three centuries. My family's oldest surname is Schwartz. My family landed on South Africa for 1666.

I know who Germanic is. Germanic is so real Celtic too. Because 'Germani' is very LATIN. Romans who called the Celtic tribes (or Gauls) 'Germani'.

Europeans were ancestors of oldest Indo-European language group. I want to questions about when Germanic languages separate from Balto-Slavic? And this Slavs? And these easily translate in the questions: When the Germanic moves off from the Balto-Slavic? When the Celts separate from the Italic people? The Indians separate from Iranians? Scythians is the East-Iranians. Scythians migrate to EUROPE! Romans and Greek historians wrote about best history of more Scythians and Celts. Known as Celts and Germans is a descendant of Scythians or Cimmerians. And wonder where do they come from? They are NEVER called themselves ‘Germani’ or ‘Germanus’, because Romans who called Celtic tribes ‘Germani’ as like English South Africans called the Boers ‘Cape-Dutch’. ‘Germanus’ is not a Germanic word and is a Latin word. Germanus means genuine. I have to get my papers about Gaulish words. I learn with Gaulish words about Gaulish and Latin is almost as same words. Wel, Germanic is almost as same Gaulish words too. Gaulish looks like Breton.

Look at Gaulish-German-Afrikaans-Latin words:

Gaulish
nei (like German 'nein')
ni (like German 'nicht' and Afrikaans 'nie')
nu (like German 'neu' and Afrikaans 'nuut')
sego (like German 'sieg')
patír, ater (like German 'Vater' and Latin 'pater')
ya, eo (like English 'yes')
mamm (like Dutch&Afrikaans 'mamma')
famelo (like Lain 'familia')

Germanic tribes who called three language names: ‘Germanus’, ‘Germani’ and Teutonic. Touto- is but a Gaulish word for teuto-. Teuto- means people or ‘people, a tribe’. Teuto- is NOT a Germanic word and teuto- is a GAULISH!!! Ah, I see. What to say for questions about wonder who Germans are. This GALLIC TRIBES!!! Cimbri and Teuton come from North Germania (Denmark). I know Germanic people were the North Gallic tribes. It is a true. Their oldest language was closely from Britiannae languages. This suggest as both Belgic and British languages move to British Isles. Welsh and Breton are almost as same words.

Tricknologist
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Are there really many French down there?

They sure as hell aren't in the "French Quarter".

There are plenty of people of French ancestry, but you have to go a good ways out of the city before you find people that speak French. Cajun French is half English and all of them speak English.

Most people you meet in the French Quarter are not from Louisiana, even the ones that live there.

Tricknologist
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 12:10 AM
I should have added that the French part of my family is in large part descended from the French nobility which is Germanic, though I'm sure they inter-married with the upper classes of the Gallo-Romans.

Aragorn
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 12:29 AM
WulfSSangel.... Where is your source?

Loki
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Europeans were ancestors of oldest Indo-European language group. I want to questions about when Germanic languages separate from Balto-Slavic? And this Slavs? And these easily translate in the questions: When the Germanic moves off from the Balto-Slavic? When the Celts separate from the Italic people? The Indians separate from Iranians? Scythians is the East-Iranians. Scythians migrate to EUROPE! Romans and Greek historians wrote about best history of more Scythians and Celts. Known as Celts and Germans is a descendant of Scythians or Cimmerians. And wonder where do they come from? They are NEVER called themselves ‘Germani’ or ‘Germanus’, because Romans who called Celtic tribes ‘Germani’ as like English South Africans called the Boers ‘Cape-Dutch’. ‘Germanus’ is not a Germanic word and is a Latin word. Germanus means genuine. I have to get my papers about Gaulish words. I learn with Gaulish words about Gaulish and Latin is almost as same words. Wel, Germanic is almost as same Gaulish words too. Gaulish looks like Breton.

This is the dogma of the Christian Identity religion, or Israel identity. It is not historically accurate, I think.

Wolfssangel
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 09:03 PM

You means where do I live from?

Taras Bulba
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Well unless you consider being 1/8 French part Germanic, no.

Weg
Monday, October 17th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I should have added that the French part of my family is in large part descended from the French nobility which is Germanic, though I'm sure they inter-married with the upper classes of the Gallo-Romans.
What kind of French nobility? What's wrong with the middle and lower class?

For the record : a surname with a "de" doesn't always mean you're a noble.

Tricknologist
Tuesday, October 18th, 2005, 03:49 AM
What kind of French nobility? What's wrong with the middle and lower class?

My Grand Father's people are descended from Robert Compte de Dreux and Robert Compte de Breze.

For the record : a surname with a "de" doesn't always mean you're a noble.

I was refering to the Bahan side of the family. My Grand Mothers maiden name was Deblanc, but she hasn't done quite the job of researching that my Grand Father has. He has a list of his ancestors going back to the 1600's.

distinct_rebel
Thursday, October 20th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I tend to refudiate the claim of "full Germanic ancestry". Interchange between the Celtic and Germanic worlds has been continual and is represented particularly in areas such as Francem Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.

As far as my own ancestry is concerned, my mother is North Dutch and my father as predominantly English with minor Celtic (Irish) descent. The relationship between the Celtic and Germanic elements of the British Isles is particularly revealing and I would regard myself as fundamentally Germanic.

As for the remarks about the predominantly Germanic French nobility, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on that aspect. The Normans and even the Franks were well known for their intermingling with the Romanised Celts.

Someone's self-worth should never be defined by their association with the 'upper classes'. The greatest men in history more often than not invalidate these claims, coming from the non-landed backgrounds.

distinct_rebel
Thursday, October 20th, 2005, 09:29 AM

What should you ever be sad about?

Theudanaz
Sunday, May 7th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I count Germanic as descending from all Proto-Germanic groups.
I am mostly a British-Scandinavian mix.

Paternaly I am mostly of insular Anglo-Saxon stock, with minor adjunct of Irish, Scotch-Irish, Scottish and Norwegian. My Paternal grandmother is half nordic-looking Irish (not dark Irish, probably Norwegian influenced from early on when Norwegians settled Ireland) and south German. Her mother's parents were from the Baden and Pfalz areas. My mother is half Danish from north Jutland on her mother's side, and a quarter each of Scottish (border reavers) and Swedish (Scanian) on her father's side. In the 16th and 17th centuries there are a couple records of women with German surnames (Geogen tells me these names are now most common in Hamburg and Neubrandenburg) marrying into the Danish and Dano-Norwegian lines which were otherwise strictly removed from hanseatic influence.

Works out to essentially 1/8 each of German, Swedish, Scottish, Irish & Danish; 5/16 British Anglo-Saxon (i.e. insular A-S w/ minor Norman influence perhaps, as early paintings of Americans show) and 1/16 Norwegian. Excluding Scottish and Irish (which in the most consertavie estimate, let's say, are exclusively non-Germanic in origin) this makes 12/16 "Germanic", i.e. 3/4.

This is probably a typical percentage in white suburban American populations. I hope to find a wife to increase one or two of these percentages and definitely not add any new ones. :D

Enibas
Monday, May 8th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I was born Andreas Bolle in Hubertus Hospital, Berlin Nikolassee (1/12/1959). My mother was Dagmar Angela Bolle who resided at Falkenseer Chaussee 276-C, Berlin Spandau. Bolle is my mother's name. Though I don't know my father, I do know that he, also, is German
~Andreas

Bolle ...
Da gibt es doch ein Lied mit dem Refrain "Aber trotzdem hat sich Bolle ganz köstlich amüsiert". :sing
Als Berliner müsstest du das Lied eigentlich kennen.

Víðálfr
Friday, May 19th, 2006, 11:59 AM
1/8 German, 7/8 Dacian.
I voted the second option.

well, I don't like what happens now where some time ago was Dacia. so, if things remains the same, I wish to go and live in the North (yeah, the German part of me wants to get me there, hehee; while other people go to South, bleaks.)

János Hunyadi
Saturday, May 20th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Supposedly I have some Austrian ancestry on my Mother's side of the family.

Frederica
Saturday, May 20th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm English, Danish predominately with some Swedish and Polish in there. Plus Greek, but since i don't look it at all i like to downplay it;)

óðinn
Sunday, May 21st, 2006, 08:30 PM
Well I live in Finland and I'm a Finlandswede, like most Ostrobothnians I can trace my line all the way back to sweden (about ~1600AD for me). However a part of my eth has a rich norwegian heritage.

So I'd be something like this 95/5 Swedish/Norwegian. Anyways like most Ostrobothnians I think of myself mostly as either an Ostrobothnian or a Finlandswede. Sometimes a Swede and sometimes a Finn (like when we won the song contest:D).

So yes I'm of germanic heritage like most people up here I'm blond, blue-eyed and dumb. But culturally I'm also a bit finnish since I like sauna, koskenkorva, etc...;)

Wolfssangel
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 10:01 AM

My ancesters were from Germany to Netherlands to later South Africa. Now, my parents and I live in England.

Wolfssangel
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 10:07 AM
This is the dogma of the Christian Identity religion, or Israel identity. It is not historically accurate, I think.

I wonder where do Germanic peoples from? 'Germanic' is not German, because germani is very Latin. Teuto means people for Gaulish word as same Deutsch means people for German word.

Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_tribes and you can see there's 'germani'. Who is Germani peoples. It was a Celtic tribe. Romans knew who they are.

Beorncyning
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 06:13 PM
I'm half Turkish and half Moroccan. That counts as Germanic, right?

Haha, no I'm half English and half German. I'd really like to know the language of both my heritages. I think I've got the English one down pretty well I just need to keep working on the German part. ;)

Ostpreusse
Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
My father is German-Hungarian and my mother is Ukrainian-Hungarian-German. At home we speak German with my father, I pray in German, have German friends and so on... I don't have any sense of community with my non-Germanic ancestors so I'm 100% Germanic ;)

Haldís
Friday, June 23rd, 2006, 08:56 AM
what I fight for is the principle of Nordic pride, and the tolerance of it on a board such as this. This, I will continue to do since I cannot betray that which I believe in so strongly. How do you think about this six months later? :)

saxonbrit
Saturday, July 15th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Yes I am overwhelmingly Germanic. Mostly British (English & Northern Irish) which makes me Anglo-Saxon, who happened to be Germanic peoples who invaded Britain. That makes them Northwest European/Nordic stock. I will definitely get more involved. Help provide a solution? Well Germanic peoples need to find some way to separate subtly & quietly to preserve their heritage. I know that will be extremely difficult to do but I think that is the only way. Have some kind of cohesive network. I was watching the movie American History X the other night. BTW Germanics should definitely check this movie out if they haven't already. Their theme seemed to be to unite cells on the West Coast and go from there. Anyway take care everyone. Sorry for disappearing. Just been busy.