PDA

View Full Version : Moslems win Toy Pigs Ban

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Muslims win toy pigs ban

NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned from a council
office in case they offend Muslim staff.

Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands,
were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including
toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring
Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Bosses acted after a Muslim complained about pig-shaped stress
relievers delivered to the council in the run-up to the Islamic
festival of Ramadan.

Muslims are barred from eating pork in the Koran and consider pigs
unclean.

Councillor Mahbubur Rahman, a practising Muslim, backed the ban. He
said: "It's a tolerance of people's beliefs."

link (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.html)

nicholas
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Muslims win toy pigs ban
Councillor Mahbubur Rahman, a practising Muslim, backed the ban. He
said: "It's a tolerance of people's beliefs."

link (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.html)

What about the need for muslims to be tolerant of NON-muslim beleifs???

Notice how they shout diversity and multiculturalism while at the same time banning things left and right? Their world is getting smaller and smaller whilst they claim its expanding.

Such inconsistent hypocritical Bullshit!:mad

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 06:32 PM

Notice how they shout diversity and multiculturalism while at the same time banning things left and right? Their world is getting smaller and smaller whilst they claim its expanding.

What he said. I'm pagan, maybe I should try to ban Halloween. :oanieyes

Freyja_Sr
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I heard about this a few days ago and was absolutely disgusted. I live in an area that is heavily muslim so am used to their constant hypocrisy and downright idiocy (such as this example). You would think id have grown somewhat desensitised to this madness but no, I am shocked and appalled everytime...which I bloody well should be, its abhorrent!!

I dont just blame the muslims however, I blame the crack-pot, airy-fairy, left-wing loonies in government right now, they need to get into gear and stop being such a soft-touch, though thats what they do best. They need uprooting- get those idiots out of there!

This is not an isolated case, this is happening all over, not just England, but Europe and the entire world, I ask this 'WHY?', why exactly do we pander to Islam? It needs to stop. I see nothing but complete and utter anarchy on the horizon for England and the rest of Europe for that matter. Civil wars a'plenty in the future from now on..What joy!

</rant>

Rhydderch
Thursday, October 6th, 2005, 01:57 AM
I'm pagan, maybe I should try to ban Halloween.Why do that? Halloween is pagan.

Rhydderch
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 04:03 AM
I dont just blame the muslims however, I blame the crack-pot, airy-fairy, left-wing loonies in government right now, they need to get into gear and stop being such a soft-touch, though thats what they do best. They need uprooting- get those idiots out of there!It's probably the Conservatives who are a soft touch; the left wing loonies are actively mischievous. They know full well that these bans are completely illogical, and they have a clear agenda and purpose behind what they're doing.

Esther_Helena
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Why do that? Halloween is pagan.

Word of the day: Sarcasm. :P

Rhydderch
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Word of the day: Sarcasm. :PYes, I realised you're being sarcastic; I thought you're illustrating that it's ridiculous for any religious group (including pagans) to expect everyone to pander to their beliefs; are you?

Or did I fail to get the joke? :D You mean that Muslims are pigs, and wanting to ban their own kind?

Siegmund
Saturday, October 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM

Yes, but not hypocricy. Rather, a brilliant strategy learned from the example of their fellow semites and other so-called minorities. You will be able to tell your grandchildren, "Yes, I was there as the last vestiges of European culture were eaten away and destroyed from the inside, in the name of tolerance."

Esther_Helena
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Yes, I realised you're being sarcastic; I thought you're illustrating that it's ridiculous for any religious group (including pagans) to expect everyone to pander to their beliefs; are you?

Or did I fail to get the joke? :D You mean that Muslims are pigs, and wanting to ban their own kind?

Yes. I believe in freedom of religion. That means being tolerant of religions and beliefs that aren't your own, not expecting everyone else to bend to your views.

zell
Monday, October 10th, 2005, 11:02 AM
i think that seeing as they came from some other country, they should, get used to the english ways(they are crap at times but still). why shoud we bend to make them happy?